Favorite NFL week 1 picks.

Views: 2299
Posts: 16
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2014
Posts: 1
#1 Report User
Posted:

These are my favorite picks of week 1 of the NFL season.

New Orleans Saints +1 1/2
I just don't think that the Falcons had a good enough off season to impact their season that much and I think the Saints did well in the draft getting Brandin Cooks who will make that already crazy offense even better long story short Brees and the Saints and getting points seems to good to pass on.

Pittsburgh Steelers -5 1/2
The Steelers finished their season very good last year and had an awesome off season from the draft to free agency adding Blount to the backfield with Bell seems like a hell of duo and with Shazier already impressing and the defense looking more spry with as good of a QB Ben Roethlisbeger is the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders and the Browns will probably be the Browns one more year as Brian Hoyer looks to be the starter for opening day which seems to make the this bet look even better.

San Francisco 49ers -4 1/2
The Niners also had a great off season even though Aldon Smith will most likely be out and Bowman will be out the Niners still have MORE than enough talent to win this game and cover the spread easy.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2008
Posts: 2335
#2 Report User
Posted:

My favourite single pick is easily Indianapolis +7.  I wouldn't be shocked if they won that game straight up.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2014
Posts: 1630
#3 Report User
Posted:

Love the Steelers. Niners probably but Dallas has all the potential even tho that never seems to matter. Don't like the saints opening up on the road to a healthy ATL team.

Indy +7 might be a good play but I'd rather take Denver ml I dnt think Peyton loses opening weekend to his former team for a second straight year.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2014
Posts: 26
#4 Report User
Posted:

Love the niner pick, the way last season ended, in addition to a few new pieces on offense, Kaps new contract eager to prove hes worth the investment, Dallas new D coordinator coupled with the loss of Sean Lee, I think they pound the boys, 31-17.

Your steeler play is iffy, I know they've retooled some positions, but there D is old, on the contrary, Horton 's cleveland D will be much improved. I can see a backdoor cover by the browns.

Agree with your new orleans pick, and wouldnt be suprised if denver wins by double digits.

GL
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2010
Posts: 2964
#5 Report User
Posted:

car/tb under
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2012
Posts: 1654
#6 Report User
Posted:

Eagles 35-10
Eagles -11
54 Under
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 188
#7 Report User
Posted:

LMFAO what sucker play Donkey's super bowl loser laying full td to Colts LOLI agree with you Jimmus i wouldnt be surprised to see Colts win s/u like they did last year as +11 dogs at SF 20 - 7 s/u win wooooooieeeeeeeeeeeeee the coin i pocketed on that ML dog winner + 480

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 188
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by arrgy:

Eagles 35-10
Eagles -11
54 Under

 

you havent learned about playoff teams favored in week vs non playoff teams have you?

Worst bets ever past umpteen years 75% losers ATS

 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2005
Posts: 35
#9 Report User
Posted:

lions -4
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2011
Posts: 473
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan123456:

These are my favorite picks of week 1 of the NFL season.

New Orleans Saints +1 1/2
I just don't think that the Falcons had a good enough off season to impact their season that much and I think the Saints did well in the draft getting Brandin Cooks who will make that already crazy offense even better long story short Brees and the Saints and getting points seems to good to pass on.

Pittsburgh Steelers -5 1/2
The Steelers finished their season very good last year and had an awesome off season from the draft to free agency adding Blount to the backfield with Bell seems like a hell of duo and with Shazier already impressing and the defense looking more spry with as good of a QB Ben Roethlisbeger is the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders and the Browns will probably be the Browns one more year as Brian Hoyer looks to be the starter for opening day which seems to make the this bet look even better.

San Francisco 49ers -4 1/2
The Niners also had a great off season even though Aldon Smith will most likely be out and Bowman will be out the Niners still have MORE than enough talent to win this game and cover the spread easy.
Niners had a great offseason?
Jim Harbaugh bitching about his deal with the GM, Aldon Smith fiasco part 3, Bowan out for first half of season, and starting guard Boone is holding out.  So what happened that was so great, they had a draft just like 31 other teams.
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2005
Posts: 7169
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by whackerboy:

lions -4


Agree 100%. I have a few plays in mind(all of which could change in the next 4/5 weeks), but the Lions -4 look like money.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2014
Posts: 1587
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus:

My favourite single pick is easily Indianapolis +7.  I wouldn't be shocked if they won that game straight up.


I will be quite surprised if the Colts don't win the game straight up!
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2012
Posts: 56
#13 Report User
Posted:

49ers walk all over boys 27-7
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2003
Posts: 1825
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Shark_Attack:



I will be quite surprised if the Colts don't win the game straight up!

 I will be quite surprised if manning does not do to that Colt Def. what he did to the Ravens Def. in week 1 last year.

Den 45-23

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2010
Posts: 2964
#15 Report User
Posted:

i like bal -2.5 over cincy too...
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2013
Posts: 2382
#16 Report User
Posted:

New England -3.5, I just don't think the Dolphins will be that good this year. New England's secondary with Revis will shut down Tannerhill. Plus the Pats have 3 good LB's to counter the run and short yardage game.
Washington +2.5, RGIII back, Desean Jackson added, who is Houston's QB? Fitzpatrick? No wonder Andre Johnson wants out. I think AJ causes problems in the locker room this year.
I see Atlanta becoming a under dog by kick off. That would be my sleeper pick. They are healthy, play the Saints tough. Rebuilt DL will get to Brees.
Chicago Bears now at 6.5. Still a pick as long as spread stays under 7. They improved their offense by adding Carey at RB, the D is rebuilt, loaded at WR. Buffalo won't know what hit them until they move to Ontario.

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View