Views: 2251

All-Star
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Green Bay to win NFC Championship 7-1
Green Bay to win Super Bowl 15-1

Not from there and not a homer.
Just think there defense gets a nice [well needed] boost .
Raji is back in familiar spot at nose tackle and in prime shape.

Peppers addition will anchor weak side opposite Matthews.Love it
And Ha-Ha Clinton Dix?  Yeah.....nuff said

Stellar receiving core gets even better with the addition of Jared Abbrederis and Devonte Adams. The former will be huge down the road.

Most of all, its all about chemistry.This is there year. Mark it. See you at playoff time .

Banned
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by vetdrm:

Green Bay to win NFC Championship 7-1
Green Bay to win Super Bowl 15-1

Not from there and not a homer.
Just think there defense gets a nice [well needed] boost .
Raji is back in familiar spot at nose tackle and in prime shape.

Peppers addition will anchor weak side opposite Matthews.Love it
And Ha-Ha Clinton Dix?  Yeah.....nuff said

Stellar receiving core gets even better with the addition of Jared Abbrederis and Devonte Adams. The former will be huge down the road.

Most of all, its all about chemistry.This is there year. Mark it. See you at playoff time .

As long as their injury list doesn't read like a phone book like last year, then yeah, good value on those wagers too.....

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

What ? GB ? No way, not with San Fran, and Seattle's defense and the New Orleans Saints offense.

In fact I serious doubt if they can beat Seattle on week one. That will put them one behind the home field advantage for the playoff's

Banned
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by don juan:

What ? GB ? No way, not with San Fran, and Seattle's defense and the New Orleans Saints offense.

In fact I serious doubt if they can beat Seattle on week one. That will put them one behind the home field advantage for the playoff's

But, what if the playoffs have to go through "The Frozen Tundra"? San Fran? Seattle? Naw'Leans?
No way, no how......

Captain
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

I think I remember GB losing at home in the playoff's against the great defense of the Giants. Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't take time to look it up.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybeam:

But, what if the playoffs have to go through "The Frozen Tundra"? San Fran? Seattle? Naw'Leans?
No way, no how......

The tundra was pretty frozen in these last playoffs.........SF won.

Banned
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

O.K. everybody, calm down, I'm agreeing with vetdrm's picks and playing the odds..... Packers get H/F in the playoffs, and everybody's healthy? Then what...... Just seems like a good value wager to me..... Forget Harbaugh and his "bravado", forget the precious "12th man" in Seattle...... I'm talkin' S/U "pound for pound"...... I like the Pack. Better Q.B., better "D", better receiving core....... they're the S.A. Spurs of football......

All-Star
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

This sh*t is hard to gauge to be sure.
Just going with my gut,which at times is pretty successful.
Brother Beam

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Did they make any upgrades to offensive line?  Honest question, too lazy right now to look. Rodgers got planted a lot last season seemed like. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Considering Green Bay managed to win their division in a season Rodgers missed half the games, they seem like a good bet here if their team is healthy.

Captain
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

STICK WITH THEM FOR THE NFC 

THEY WILL NOT WIN THE SB 

Captain
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

O.K. everybody, calm down, I'm agreeing with vetdrm's picks and playing the odds..... Packers get H/F in the playoffs, and everybody's healthy? Then what...... Just seems like a good value wager to me..... Forget Harbaugh and his "bravado", forget the precious "12th man" in Seattle...... I'm talkin' S/U "pound for pound"...... I like the Pack. Better Q.B., better "D", better receiving core....... they're the S.A. Spurs of football......

Oh, If only I were your bookie. What a gift he's getting for Christmas.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

IMO healthy QB or not, winning the NFC north isn't much of a measuring stick for how that team will do through the playoffs. Pretty weak group of teams. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

GB certainly has a chance.

The NFC has about 5 or 6 teams who could legitimately go to the superbowl and GB is one of those teams.

Those teams, in order with the best chance to me are: Seattle, SF, GB, Philly, NO,...Chicago/Lions/Arizona/Atlanta all have outside chances. Bottom line the NFC is stacked

Banned
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Oh, If only I were your bookie. What a gift he's getting for Christmas.

Wow..... Big talk from somebody in June..... We're not talking about the Jaguars, or the Bills here, my friend....... so, no value at 7-1 to take the Pack to win the NFC??? A Christmas gift? How about we revisit this conversation around late December......

Captain
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Wow..... Big talk from somebody in June..... We're not talking about the Jaguars, or the Bills here, my friend....... so, no value at 7-1 to take the Pack to win the NFC??? A Christmas gift? How about we revisit this conversation around late December......

That's a deal Jimmy.. I'll be here (God willing), I am the Super bowl Guru. I've been posting here for 13 years. My record is 11-2 to cover the points. I don't post much until playoff time.

I like...

New England, Cincinnati, Denver, Indianapolis, to win their respective AFC divisions

Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle. to win their respective NFC divisions  Detroit is a big threat to GB this year.

I cannot see Green Bay winning the Super Bowl, not with Seattle and San Fran defenses, No way.

But Good luck to you.

Don Juan

Banned
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

That's a deal Jimmy.. I'll be here (God willing), I am the Super bowl Guru. I've been posting here for 13 years. My record is 11-2 to cover the points. I don't post much until playoff time.

I like...

New England, Cincinnati, Denver, Indianapolis, to win their respective AFC divisions

Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle. to win their respective NFC divisions  Detroit is a big threat to GB this year.

I cannot see Green Bay winning the Super Bowl, not with Seattle and San Fran defenses, No way.

But Good luck to you.

Don Juan

So, I see, like me, you like the Pack winning the NFC. 7-1 is a decent value......

Good luck to you too sir.....

Prospect
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

I read that as he likes them to win the North, not the conference.  Again, not a huge accomplishment.  I like the angle of Detroit being a potential factor in the division.

Legend
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by joshk:

I read that as he likes them to win the North, not the conference.  Again, not a huge accomplishment.  I like the angle of Detroit being a potential factor in the division.
I read it the same.

I like the 15/1 for the SB better..........if they can win the NFC they'll sure as hell win the SB.

Captain
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

The NFC clearly has more talent that the AFC. Much stronger defensive presence but they will end up knocking the snot out of one another. Stay healthy Green Bay and you might squeak out the NFC crown.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

I like...

But Good luck to you.

Don Juan

That's what I was thinking about the Packers. They struggle against the Seahawks and 49ers defenses.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Tough for anyone to repeat.  N.E.did it back in 05 but its tough.
League changes year to year. Miami, T.B., the Rams, and even Jax
all have bright futures and will be there soon .

Adjustments made by quality coaches within there specific system I think are key.

Also played the Crew at pretty good odds but just to win the NL pennant.

Banned
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

GB can do it if they stay healthy, but when your line looks like the walking wounded every year, even the QB gets injured. I hate betting in June. You have NO idea what's going to happen. Every time I bet futures someone gets hurt. FUCCK FUTURES!!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Vet, I think those odds you posted are fair value and don't offer much for the bettor.. I've backed these Packers a few times on Futures with mixed success.  +700 on Conference sounds about right. 

GB is fine on offense ; it's the defense that needs to be cleaned up.  Ha Ha Clinton Dix hopefully can really improve that secondary.    That is key to their success IMO.

GL man.  

All-Star
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Thanks Rush
Win or lose - Just love thee action
First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View