View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

140 KY DERBY ANALYSIS

Participants:
Views: 2841

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Now that we have PP and a huge scratch, how will this race break down.....the more you look at it, it appears you can narrow down the ones that can  realistically win, those who with solid place and shows chances and those that can make you some serious cash finishing 4th which undoubtedly will be the hardest part of filling out a whopping Super, . some of those 50-1's could easily finish 4th

I know realistically, we are all betting against each other but.......in the spirit of Covers I know we can HIT the trifecta with all the Forums input...Super.... another story ....,,Let's break this  race down and nail this
Quote Post Report User

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

good luck crush.
Didnt you nail the contest last year or the year before?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Quote Originally Posted by vetdrm:

good luck crush.
Didnt you nail the contest last year or the year before?

It wasn't Derby but another triple Crown Race, tied for win but lost tiebreaker

Oh, to win the coveted Covers hoodie, and wear it with pride  

But seriously, this is by far one of the hardest races to win all year but the picture is getting clearer....finding the picks in DJ's contest all over the map, can't believe it...must show how wide open this race is to all when I feel it's quite  the opposite  

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Since no one wants to lead off I will.........

Potential Winners......CC, Dance with Fate, Candy Boy(Gary said he is going stalking), possibly  Wicked Strong (gotta hate Wood's top 3 finishers records last bunch of years....remember Funny Cide) I don't know why these NY runners fare so poorly in this race, and maybe. just maybe, Tapiture but can he get the  1 1/4?

I firmly believe the winner will be one of these 5, really like the first 3 though, especially the first one  Only other shot would be Danza but I think it's highly unlikely due to lack of racing experience...please...... the KY winner might be ARK DERBY winner

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

already gonna put CC and DWF on top with CC, DWF, and Wildcat Red in the 2nd slot....my third slot will consist of the ALL button!

got tired of not hitting the third or fourth horse when playing supers or tri's....ALL BUTTON it is

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

another strategy i use to do was to wheel a deep closer for  3rd or 4th.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

lets say i like the 1 and the 2 horse to win...
then i like the 3 and 4 for 2nd....(obviously like the 1 and 2)
then i like the 5 as my deep closer...

my ticket would look like this...

1,2/1,2,3,4/5/ALL
1,2/1,2,3,4/ALL/5

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

I give you another way if you don't like CC you take all on top W/1234/5/ 1234 and the other way hoping you beat the fav and get a bomb on top i also play all in the fourth spot for 20cents so my ticket looks like this ex all/1234/5/all then all/1234/all/5 sometimes these supers pay 20 or 30 thousand esp this year if CC is not 1or2 my dep closer is commanding curve.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Sorry Broker, only $1 supers in derby    

this race is actually getting easier to cap

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Who are you liking Crusher?

I think I currently like Wicked Strong and Intense Holiday.

I think I also like Commanding Curve to sneak into the 3 spot at the end 

Best of luck to all

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

CC all the way BBAAABBBYYYY.....it's too easy.....we could have a very DAMN good potential Triple Crown winner as he should easily follow up with a Preakness WIN but......there lies the BELMONT "trap" and all those fresh horses that want to go the 1 1/2 miles...... damn CC pedigree couldn't Win past 5' furlongs ..........who can't be pulling for the ANTI-Todd Pletcher trainer....1st start ever in the Sport's history and refuses a $6,000,000 offer for the horse because "it's his only chance ever of winning the Roses" hell, Sherman trains out of Los Alimitos..If he wins this race alone, he will be "trending" as the hottest TOPIC in America.....

I will go public right here in this post, CC Wins Triple Crown or loses within 2....2 lengths of going down in History with Secretariat. which he STRONGLY resembles, in Belmont Stakes, them damn NYers screw you very time.......

Hopefully he can WIN the Belmont because this sport needs all the help it can because of greedy $$$ grabbers like the current CD ownership(kinda reminds me of Jerry Jones).....has anybody noticed the lower CD payouts???    

yes, wicked and INTENSE will be COMING late, just too late    

CC is the REAL DEAL and I don't see anyone stepping up until Belmont 

CC all the way.....unfortunately to..NEW lower CD payouts..

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

1. Medal Count
2. Commanding Curve
3. ,4. California Chrome
3. ,4. Wicked Strong

OR

1. Commanding Curve
2. Medal Count
3. ,4. General A Rod
3. ,4. California Chrome

Exacta Box baby

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Trifecta Box baby

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Be back tomorrow with all my underlings.....looks like this COULD be an easy ROMP for a TRIPLE CROWN contender....now wehave to worry about that damn biatchhhh...UNTAPABLE in Preakness...WTF? 

Good Luck with all your wagers tonight and tomorrow.. Been a great day for Crush  .. be back with some winners tomorrow  

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Candy Boy and Stevens, You can thank me Saturday night.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Throw out for Kentucky derby....these horses WILL not(i hope that is) finish in top 3 much less Top 4

1, 2,  3, 7. 9, 10, 13, 18 which means no VICARS IN TROUBLE,Harry's Holiday, Uncle Sigh, We Miss Artie, wildcat Red, Chitu, Vinceneros, and Ride on Curlin(sorry Calvin...)...Gonna narrow down this race.. 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

The best these horse might do is 3rd.....Danza...think he'll fade to 4th or 5th though
Samraat.....poor previous Wood horses don't really impress.....but they might run this year cause I really like Wicked, best he finishes is 3rd
General A-Rod won't get 3rd, 4th tops
Dance with Fate, remember Dullahan and all his hype? 3rd tops...trainer WAS pointing to a Blue grass win?
Metal Count..too many recent races. maybe 4th
Tapiture 3rd best he'll do...great long odds, play 4th too

be back with rest...

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Intense Holiday..looking good....2nd or 3rd possible MUST play ...
Commanding Curve...the one long shot who just might get 3rd, 2nd if he runs lights out
Candy Boy.....2nd and 3rd and 4th..gary Stevens is still the man...
Wicked Strong....only other horse that I think that can actually beat CC Will finalize my try shortly....anybody with their opinions of where I am off baseor missing some obvious ones  please comment..... 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

5/19,17,15,8/4,8,15,17,14,19

Good luck EVERYBODY...CC blows their door like UNTAPABLE did yesterday.....gonna be a VERY formful race with all those closers not fast enough to catch CC.....say he wins by 5, 6, 7 lengths Or I could be extremely wrong...

Gonna be a great match race two weeks from now in the Preakness...IF CC fires, some of you are gonna hit the Super.. ....if he doesn't there will be some folks who just might hittheir life changing score

Good luck and remember those cheap person running CD now....don't give them your money after today

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Wow i picked the right guy to follow!  Made my day  
Didnt think the tri would pay that much with 2 favorites, but I rarely bet horses so I dont know. 
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View