who will swallow the poison pill of Carmelo next?

First << 1 of 3 >> Last
Views: 2388

MVP
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Bulls. Spurs?
Nah, no way right, these guys are smart. That said, Wizards and 76ers are in the hunt.  
How some of these GM's stay in business is a mystery to me.
Who will Carmelo blame for his next failure?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Bulls

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

MELO IN MY BOOKS WAS ALWAYS A ABOVE AVERAGE OFFENSIVE PLAYER....HIS REBOUNDING SKILL IS AVERAGE HIS DEFENSE AINT THAT GREAT...IN MY BOOKS I NEVER REALLY LIKE HIM...THE YEAR LBJ AND MELO CAME IN I WAS ARGUING WITH MY CUZ SAYIN WHO WILL HAVE A BETTER CAREER AND WHO IS A BETTER PLAYER I GUESS WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT PANS OUT...

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

There isn't a more under appreciated player in the league right now. I don't understand why people Melo such a bad rap. 

Who's the best player he has ever played with? Chauncey Billups in his declining days? Jason Kidd in his final year? He has had very little help along the way. 

You're going to play the card saying he doesn't play defense. How much do you want one player to do? He carries the team on his back every single night and you're going to say he doesn't expend his energy on the defensive end? Really? Other than Lebron and Durant, there is no player that has the offensive game like melo that plays defense. So yes he's not as good as either of them. 

I am not a Knicks fan 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

The reason the Knicks suck is because of Dolan. Not melo 

MVP
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88:

The reason the Knicks suck is because of Dolan. Not melo 

Totally disagree. IMHO, dude is a cancer. He is always pointing fingers and never accepting blame.  Left Denver to win in NY and had a pretty good squad there with JR/Amare?Felton?/and Tyson Chandler. That squad was good enough to win.
He will go somewhere else and it will be something else. There is a LOT more to basketball than offense and defense, Melo has no clue about anything but scoring, all by himself.

Guess who has the all time worse play off winning percentage?

I will bet anyone 10 million dollars the Bulls do not sign Melo. They play team D and with intensity. Melo has not idea what this is all about. He will go to another team that is short sighted and just plain stupid.

MVP
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

and he will be a loser again and a whiner again

Rookie
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

That being said after 2 big nationally televised losses, they will cover Sunday mornings game vs the Bulls.

MVP
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by mcbremps:

That being said after 2 big nationally televised losses, they will cover Sunday mornings game vs the Bulls.

You bet like me.
Agreed 100%, may even win.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

You bet like me.
Agreed 100%, may even win.

If Carmelo does in fact sit this one out, then it will be time to pound.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

I'm not a Knicks fan but a melo fan. He's a much better than an average rebounder. He averaged over 10 without Tyson playing

Legend
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

You can't fault the way he has played this season. He has basically carried the Knicks on his back with little to no support. 

Legend
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

He just seems to be made the scapegoat because he is their best player. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Dwight Howard convinces him to win a championship and join the Rockets to form the Big Three

MVP
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketfan3996:

Dwight Howard convinces him to win a championship and join the Rockets to form the Big Three

May happen but I think this would be disaster for the Rockets. There is only one ball on the court, Hardin and Melo both need the ball to be effective.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

In one word UNDERACHIEVER!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Carmelo gets bashed a lot but he plays pretty hard.  Why is it I never hear anything about how maybe the Knicks just don't have much talent at all?

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Can we stop saying the Knicks don't have talent.

They traded 4 of 5 starters and a first rounder and a center for Carmelo.

OF COURSE, he was coming to play with nothing.

That isn't an 'out' for him when the Knicks fail.

You could write a book about the Knicks failures. It's starts with the owner who pushed this Melo trade through and really lies with a string of GM's who have made some of the worst moves in NBA history.

Carmelo would be in that book too. End of story.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88:

Really? Other than Lebron and Durant, there is no player that has the offensive game like melo that plays defense. So yes he's not as good as either of them. 

IMHO Paul George could be in that category as well. Great scorer and by far the best defender. But yeah Melo catches a lot of heat.. but.. then again.. The knicks basically gave up everything for him.. in the hopes of winning a championship team.. their team last year was equipped well enough to at least make it to ECF imo. This year.. well it is what it is.. i was hoping they would pick up jimmer ferdette after sac bought out his contract.. he would be great there..they need a point guard and 3pt shooter he would really help this team

I am not a Knicks fan 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

I actually unfortunately am a knicks fan lol that was just the quote from nbafan but yeah... they blow.

Captain
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

if he was put in a situation where he was the second banana,secondary scorer(perhaps like james worthy where he was always behind magic and/or kareem but had moments wen he could shine big)on a decent team with one big star and quality role players that plays defense he would be lauded as one of the best in the game of all time in that specific role...of course he still wouldnt play any defense or make his team-mates better but he would thrive in that role of being just a pure gunner that is better at that than almost anyone else in the league....only 2 or 3 guys on the planet are harder to guard than this guy and there is DEFINITELY a place of great value for that skill in this league...its astonishing how much flak the dude catches...just see him for wat he is,a bone fide lethal scorer that can do it from most spots on the floor...he never gonna be lebron,bird or magic and never promised to be.so why the absurd expectations that he shud be something hes not??..instead of respect for being damn good at wat he is.

it was said above his crew of smith,chandler,amare etc...shud have been enuff to be very good...well have a look at their season,they WERE very good,over-achieved even sum mite say......but then flamed out in the playoffs clearly cos they werent built for that stage and style of play versus a team that specifically was-indiana....and you cant seriously in your right mind suggest he has the talent surrounding him presently to be a serious playoff contendor this season???even in the ugly east

Veteran
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

Bulls. Spurs?
Nah, no way right, these guys are smart. That said, Wizards and 76ers are in the hunt.  
How some of these GM's stay in business is a mystery to me.
Who will Carmelo blame for his next failure?

LOL you're too easy to read..... Bitter Nuggets fan upset Melo wanted out of Denver.... sorry buddy.

Melo is arguably the 2nd best player in the league. Of course you can't comprehend that cuz you have no clue of wtf you're talking about.

Surely you're probably laughing at me right now cuz you think Durant is a million times better than Melo, right? Right ofcourse you are. But he's not. OKCs team is stacked to shiit with depth and guys that can score in key moments. Tyson chandler can't feckin make a lay up unless its a feckin lob pass in the open. The guy sucks balls. Most over paid 14Mil a year i've ever seen. Now lets Compare Perkins. He's bigger, heavier, tougher, and he has a FECKIN MID RANGE JUMPER. +1 OKC. Ibaka similar roles..... FORGET IT LOL +4 OKC as Ibaka is 2 to 3 times better than Chandler. Dude shoots mid range lights out, better rim defender, and can shoot 3 pointers no feckin problem.

Lets see.......now..... Felton??? LOL ok.... how are you a starting PG and fat and you play in the NBA? WTF??? reggie jackson will abuse him and Progioni Combined. EASILY... anyone can understand that. Derek Fisher is better than Felton or Prigioni, easy.

JR Smith? LOL seriously dude? Those kids they brought in Baylor and Uconn, Perry jones and Lamb are much better shooters more consistant bigger, more athletic, and better perimeter defenders.... not even close..... ADVTANGE OKC AGAIN.

Shumpert???? see if OKC wants to trade Sefolosha for Shumpert straight up LOLOLOLOL. ADVANTAGE OKC.

Amare..... im not even gonna get into that..... nick Collison will bust up broke back Amare at this point. Guy is a shell of himself.... if that. He's useless.

Now all thats left is Melo. Notice how i'm not even talkin about westbrook lolol. Westbrook is top 5 in the league when he's healthy guy is a maniac at both ends of the floor. And YES hes healthy give it another week before OKC starts abusing everyone with his help.

So.......... seeing as last year with westbrook out for the playoffs MELO and DURANT had an equal setting to compare their games.....and STILL OKC WAS THE BETTER DEEPER YOUNGER TEAM LAST YEAR TOO. SO..... what did durant do last year by himself? He beat a scrub Rockets team that was still up their azz every single game.... ok big feckin deal. Knicks abused Boston. And even then dikhead JR had to make an appearance by feckin everything up and elbowing Jason Terry as that series wa slopsided and Knicks should have swept boston no problem.....

Round 2. Indy and Memphis about equally as good Indy was probbaly better last year than Memphis. Mempihs literally swept OKC after game 1 which they almost won as well. OKC couldn't do shiit. Knicks lost to indy in 6 with every game close and ball bag Mike Woodson could have done a better job at coaching through that series. Melo dominated the pacers by himself with a bad and a bad shoulder...... dude carried that team full of feckin scrubs that you see playing today by himself and still got blamed for losing LOL.

Durant was a feckin NO SHOW last year and got no blame..... love the double standards. Melo is a more dynamic scorer than durant. And he's underated defensively cuz he's played with scrubs his whole career. Durant has no post game PERIOD. He settles for jumpers and we've seen how that works when you play really good defensive teams..... Miami and Memphis. you put MELO on OKC and OKC will not miss a beat probably be ever better as his low post presence and paint scoring is what OKC lacks really bad. He's is also an excellent passer.... you wouldn't know that cuz he has not one to pass the ball too except for the one other bright spot on the team..... Hardaway Junior.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Oh and if Melo goes on the Bulls...... they're going to the Finals.

Captain
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

good points and comparison about thunder and knicks genecam27.....but cut it out,kendrick perkins is NOT better than tyson chandler and if he got a mid-range jumper then he done one hell of a job of hiding it his whole career....damn,your useless government be finding them weapons o mass destruction in iraq before we can find that jumper.and felton is baaaad but i think he still got it over fisher at this point in his career.
but fair argument about durant being held to completely different standards...i personally believe durant is a level above carmelo,he is much more efficient...but it is certainly no land-slide....funny how ignorant average joes abuse carmelo like he is a joke and yet you talk to players such as lebron and kobe and others that have to guard him and by consensus they will say that he is an absolute beat,toughest matchups going....and on a very big stage in exalted company(yes thats right,sum team-mates that are actually competent)in olympic competition carmelo blows up and stands out......even tho hes "a cancer"(wat the hell does that even mean???) and "cant defend" and "wont pass"

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

^^^^ bro how is Tyson Chandler better than Perkins? Son had one miracle year they went zone on an inexperienced not jelled in yet Big 3 of miami in 2010. They got miami the first year all of a sudden this guy is a premiere center.....hes useless.

take a look at Perkins and Collison's mid range game..... them together took out the spurs in the playoffs 2 years ago in game 6 (ibaka mid range helped a lot too) when OKC went to the finals..... but this is beside the point. if you think Chandler is better than Perkins thats fine.... all my other points hold serious weight. Ibaka should have been an all star this year as well..... the  team is stacked beyond belief but its also flawed. I'm not sure if they can get by the rockets or the clippers..... Melo in that regard brings such a different dynamic.... he's literally impossible to deal with... he has infinite range, he's CLUTCH as feck....and has the handle of a PG. He brings physicality to the game that durant just doesn't bring. Durant is not built for it. Durant has insane upside but he better start working on it cuz King James showed up and ended that discussion as to who the best player in the league is......its not even close. and if you pay close attention you'll see that my points of Melo being 2nd best hold some weight to them. I can see people like durant and all that but no one ever picks it apart with a close eye. They get enamored by the dazzling threes and open court dunks against weak no defense western conference teams..... but that all fades once the playing field is leveled..... and it really showed last year......

First << 1 of 3 >> Last