If you like making future wagers, or are a fan of the team lock this bet in now. This will be below 10-1, probably 8-1 before the start of the season.
No team suffered more injuries and lost more key players last year than the GB team. They are also just as young as Seattle.
Obviously, not expecting the same injuries as this year, this team is more dangerous than any team out there.
1) They own their division. Minnesota stinks, and will be 2 wins. The Bears have a great offense, but Cutler cant beat GB or Rodgers. The Lions are scary, but they are still the Lions. That gives them at worst a 5-1 record.
2) They will play the NFC South. There isnt any team that GB would struggle with. Car has the D, but not the offense, NO would be a shootout, Atl would also be a shootout as I expect them to get much better this year, and Tampa still isnt ready. I see them going 3-1.
3) They play the AFC East. Fact is the AFC stinks. Buffalo, Jets and Miami are all on their way up, but not ready yet to make a statement. The Pats are the Pats, but not good enough. I see them going 4-0, worst case 3-1 against the AFC East.
4) That leaves Seattle and Philly left. Pending the location of those games, I see that 1-1 at worse.
Pending major injuries, I have them at 12-4 worst case, with a 13-3 not being much to ask.
But, here is why that should be good enough to get the #1, atleast #2 seed.
1) The NFC West is going to be tough. All four teams are going to be dangerous, and I dont see any of those teams going better than 4-2.
2) The same will be said for the NFC South, as I dont see either team going better than 4-2.
3) Nobody in the NFC East is worth worrying about, as those teams will probably be around 10-6 at best.
For those reasons, that means each team from that division could only lose 1 other game the rest of the year to be ahead of them.
GB will not address the offense too much in the off-season, besides maybe a TE and line help.
However, word is around the team they are finally ready to spend some money in free agency. This team is known for building through the draft and not spending money outside. But, they realize they have to compete with Sea, SF and Car with solid D's. I wouldnt be shocked if they added 2, maybe 3 big free agents on the D side of the ball. Hot talk right now is they are going to make a play for Brian Orakpo. If they could get another rusher opposite of Matthews, and add some secondary help, this team can be the most dangerous team in the NFC. GB has the money to spend this off-season.
Gb won the Superbowl when they added big free agents Reggie White and Charles Woodson, and they are going to try to go in that direction again.
Injuries are everything in the NFL and showed this year, as GB lost their QB, RB, WE, TE, 2 lineman, 3dlinemen, 2 lbs and 3 secondary players this year for multiple games.
If you are looking for value for next year, Gb at 16-1 is a steal right now. Before the season starts, they will probably be 8-1. The NFC is so tough, but if they can avoid missing so many important players for so many games next season, GB should be near the top again