View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

Royal Rumble Lines

Participants:
< Page of 4 > >>
Views: 3381
< Page of 4 > >>

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Orton and Lesnar are unbetable.

Daniel Bryan +400
Bray Wyatt -600
I understand that they want to push Wyatt but how far can you push DB? Unless it's outside interference but that could lead to a DQ win for Bryan. I see value in Bryan. He opened as the favorite.

Batista wins Rumble -350
Field +250
Value in the field, obviously, The recent report was to have Batista win the Rumble and headline WM but anything can change between now and the time it starts.

CM Punk wins Rumble +550
Roman Reigns wins Rumble +1500
Daniel Bryan Wins Rumble +600

DB is the other guy I think can win. He reported that he's not in the Rumble as of now and "Triple H wants him nowhere near the Rumble." So he could be a surprise entrant and win it.

Cody & Goldust +1000
New Age Outlaws -2000
I know the New Age Outlaws can win due to a conspiracy theory by The Authority but are they really going to give them the belts?
Quote Post Report User

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Word as of today is that DB v Sheamus is pretty much set in stone for WM. 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Have there been title changes in the preshows? I can see Cody and Goldust breaking up to start a feud but to give the titles to the New Age Outlaws seems weird to me.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

Word as of today is that DB v Sheamus is pretty much set in stone for WM. 

I read that too, but won't believe it until I see it.  

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Orton and Lesnar are unbetable.

Daniel Bryan +400
Bray Wyatt -600
I understand that they want to push Wyatt but how far can you push DB? Unless it's outside interference but that could lead to a DQ win for Bryan. I see value in Bryan. He opened as the favorite.

Batista wins Rumble -350
Field +250
Value in the field, obviously, The recent report was to have Batista win the Rumble and headline WM but anything can change between now and the time it starts.

CM Punk wins Rumble +550
Roman Reigns wins Rumble +1500
Daniel Bryan Wins Rumble +600

DB is the other guy I think can win. He reported that he's not in the Rumble as of now and "Triple H wants him nowhere near the Rumble." So he could be a surprise entrant and win it.

Cody & Goldust +1000
New Age Outlaws -2000
I know the New Age Outlaws can win due to a conspiracy theory by The Authority but are they really going to give them the belts?

The only way I could see Bryan win the Rumble is if he loses to Wyatt.  I could definitely see Wyatt winning with the help of the Family and Bryan somehow entering and winning the Rumble.  Would be an epic moment.  

Cody and Goldust are both entered in the Rumble.  I could see New Age Outlaws getting a cheap win, followed by Cody turning during the Rumble match to start the feud with Goldust for Mania.

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, I could see value being there with Reigns.  Hard to see Punk winning it with him being slated to wrestle HHH at Mania or be in something with Cena and having Hogan and Piper involved.  Reigns has a bit of value.

Batista is the clear favorite, but would be such a terrible main event at Mania compared to the other matches that have potential to be on the card.  Would be a major flop to not have Bryan in the main event and have him go against Sheamus again with nothing on the line.  Sheamus would have to come back as part of the authority and probably eliminate Bryan to start something there again.  I just don't see it happening.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Reigns would get a major pop and easy face turn if he eliminated Ambrose and Rollins on his way to eliminating Batista to win the Rumble.  They've been pushing him pretty hard for the last few months.  He cleaned house at Survivor Series and was the lone survivor in that match.  I could see him breaking away from the Shield and winning the Championship at Mania.  It's not too far off if they want him to have a huge push.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

hey Sparky, you are up on WWE stuff pretty well. I was wondering if you had looked into the WWE network. I saw something when watching Raw that said you get all the PPV's. Do you get those for the $9.99 per month or do you have to pay the $9.99 plus the ppv fee? It seems pretty cheap if you get them included, but that's the way it looked on the commercial

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

$9.99 per month includes EVERYTHING.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Network

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

I don't think Reigns will win. I think he'll have a massive moment and eliminate a lot of guys and be in there towards the end but I read today that he plans to be with The Shield up until WM. The fans already like him and are hoping he turns. As am I. 

I agree with the DB scenario. Makes sense as a surprise entrant in the Rumble. But I think they'll go with a Batista win. Have him feud with ADR until WM. But I agree that DB should be in the main event at WM. That pop he got when he turned on Bray made it to some new york paper that I saw and his "YES" chant was done at a Michigan St. basketball game and shown on SportsCenter. He's the hottest thing they got...obviously. A 3rd WM match against Sheamus? It doesn't matter what you do with Sheamus...it'll be boring.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

And yea...everything is included in the $9.99 a month. I won't buy the network but it seems like a great deal and I think it's huge. I bought some stock in it a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did. Hope it reaches $25 by WM.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

for $10 a month, that's good enough for me. Appreciate the answers guys.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

And yea...everything is included in the $9.99 a month. I won't buy the network but it seems like a great deal and I think it's huge. I bought some stock in it a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did. Hope it reaches $25 by WM.

Why wouldn't you buy it?  And yeah, I bought the stock too.  I think it will continue to raise until the Network opens then the momentum may halt.  

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

I don't think Reigns will win. I think he'll have a massive moment and eliminate a lot of guys and be in there towards the end but I read today that he plans to be with The Shield up until WM. The fans already like him and are hoping he turns. As am I. 

I agree with the DB scenario. Makes sense as a surprise entrant in the Rumble. But I think they'll go with a Batista win. Have him feud with ADR until WM. But I agree that DB should be in the main event at WM. That pop he got when he turned on Bray made it to some new york paper that I saw and his "YES" chant was done at a Michigan St. basketball game and shown on SportsCenter. He's the hottest thing they got...obviously. A 3rd WM match against Sheamus? It doesn't matter what you do with Sheamus...it'll be boring.

I mean they really didn't even have a match.  The first one was a dark match, then the other one was 18 seconds.  They do have amazing matches when they are allowed to get time, but nobody wants to see that at this Mania with the momentum Bryan has and the fact that Sheamus hasn't been on TV in like 9 months.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

I really don't care about wrestling. If I'm feeling old school stuff then I'll go on youtube. I only really care about 3-4 PPVs a year which I will watch online. I only watch RAW and I DVR it and skip through most of it. I'm in it for the soap opera storylines more than the matches. I rather see the old guys like Rock come back and fight, tbh.

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

sheamus

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

sheamus

That's what I'm saying. He's a better heel but I rather him be off tv.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

I still cant believe they have lines that you can actually bet on WWE. I would of loved this as a kid. lol. But I knowing the sport has a fixed outcome usually, doesn't that come into play with books that offer lines for these events? Just confusing to me that you can bet on this.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by thegull5588:

I still cant believe they have lines that you can actually bet on WWE. I would of loved this as a kid. lol. But I knowing the sport has a fixed outcome usually, doesn't that come into play with books that offer lines for these events? Just confusing to me that you can bet on this.

There's only a 25 max bet and while it is obviously fixed...since lines have come out and more and more people were able to figure out the outcomes, there have been major changes in outcomes that moments before the guys go out there for the match. Some are set in stone and the lines indicate that. Like Brock Lesnar is -50000 over Big Show. Yes...FOUR zeros. And because of big storyline plans for Cena that don't involve the title for WM, he's a +1000 dog.

This stuff used to be so easy to predict. It's now harder because they put in plot twists. Sure you go in KNOWING someone is keeping the title...but then you have a DQ and they do keep it but lose the match. But like I said...$25 max bets nowadays because there was so much controversy in the past. You also used to only be able to bet on WM but they changed that over the past 2 years as well.

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

batista seems like a lock to win rumble

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Thanks Sparky for the explanation, makes sense now. Didn't know about it. Thank you.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

I'm actually not sure how the max works. I think it's $25 for a dog but I did put Batista in a $100 parlay at -420

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

BIG changes. Batista is now a dog at +140 and DB is at -160. If you had bets in earlier, you can easily hedge by betting the opposing "field" option because they are the only 2 who can possibly win this one.

As of yesterday, 20 names were confirmed for the match with 10 open spots. DB will find his way in for the 21st but the other 9 should be surprises of some sorts. I don't think Lesnar will find his way in there but Sheamus, Kevin Nash and Jericho are all in town. I read that 2 Cold Scorpio was rumored for a return for ECW purposes. As is Jimmy Wang Yang. I hope niether are chosen because they are a waste of spots.

5dimes has 33 available winners for the Rumble. 2 options are Lesnar and Henry but I don't think either will do it. Swagger, Cesaro, Great Khali, Curtis Axel, Ziggler and Ryback aren't a part of the 20 confirmed so I feel like all of them will get in there, bringing to total to 27. If the returns of Sheamus, Nash and Jericho are correct, then there's your 30. Undertaker is also a part of the 5dimes list and there were rumors months ago that he could make a return so I wouldn't eliminate that option. I feel like they could do without Goldust, Axel, Fandango and Xavier Woods but due to storylines, that won't happen and you'll always throw Khali in there as a surprise upset which means I'm sure Roman Reigns will eliminate him.

I think this is actually shaping up to be a pretty boring list of guys here. Reigns topping Kane's elimination record will be fun to watch. If Daniel Bryan wins...that'll be fun to watch as well. But other than that...if there aren't any crazy surprise returns or appearances...then I can't really see this being an entertaining Rumble for a large portion of this match.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

BIG changes. Batista is now a dog at +140 and DB is at -160. If you had bets in earlier, you can easily hedge by betting the opposing "field" option because they are the only 2 who can possibly win this one.

As of yesterday, 20 names were confirmed for the match with 10 open spots. DB will find his way in for the 21st but the other 9 should be surprises of some sorts. I don't think Lesnar will find his way in there but Sheamus, Kevin Nash and Jericho are all in town. I read that 2 Cold Scorpio was rumored for a return for ECW purposes. As is Jimmy Wang Yang. I hope niether are chosen because they are a waste of spots.

5dimes has 33 available winners for the Rumble. 2 options are Lesnar and Henry but I don't think either will do it. Swagger, Cesaro, Great Khali, Curtis Axel, Ziggler and Ryback aren't a part of the 20 confirmed so I feel like all of them will get in there, bringing to total to 27. If the returns of Sheamus, Nash and Jericho are correct, then there's your 30. Undertaker is also a part of the 5dimes list and there were rumors months ago that he could make a return so I wouldn't eliminate that option. I feel like they could do without Goldust, Axel, Fandango and Xavier Woods but due to storylines, that won't happen and you'll always throw Khali in there as a surprise upset which means I'm sure Roman Reigns will eliminate him.

I think this is actually shaping up to be a pretty boring list of guys here. Reigns topping Kane's elimination record will be fun to watch. If Daniel Bryan wins...that'll be fun to watch as well. But other than that...if there aren't any crazy surprise returns or appearances...then I can't really see this being an entertaining Rumble for a large portion of this match.

Any chance we could see RVD or Christian return?  Daniel Bryan winning would be sweet, he could go to wrestlemania and finally beat Orton once and for all for the belt.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by ELDubarino:

Any chance we could see RVD or Christian return?  Daniel Bryan winning would be sweet, he could go to wrestlemania and finally beat Orton once and for all for the belt.

Definitely possibilities. I forgot about those 2. Probably because I haven't heard anything about their returns lately. Haven't heard about RVD resigning and, as far as I know, Christian is still hurt. Last we saw him was when the ring was filled with former champs.

And as Shango said...there is no better time for DB to win than right now. He will never be a bigger star than his is right now unless he's thrown out of the storyline for months and makes a surprise (unannounced) return directly after WM. Like Brock Lesnar.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

What website do you watch the rumble on? I'm at work, the weather is terrible and I need something to do lol...

I would lay my money on DB. Bastista imo has never been a good in ring performer and usually puts on terrible matches. The way the crowd reacted to DB when he turned on Bray was awesome. He needs to hold the belt, and there is no better place to get it than at WM. CM Punk is my sleeper....

And I also would like to Reigns turn. He could be the next big time player. For the first time in a while the WWE has some loaded talent imo. GL with your wagers tonight

< Page of 4 > >>
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View