You think i shy away from the Blazers because of one game? You got another thing comin' Bubba....

First << 4 of 8 >> Last
Views: 6943
Posts: 178
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2012
Posts: 1542
#76 Report User
Posted:

nuggets cannot shoot, they did nothing in the off season to improve that.  no longer up tempo so i am not sure how they are going to consistently outscore opponents.  took a big step back IMO, they don't resemble the team last year which blew teams out at home.  considering the blazers troubles in denver over the years, i can't go big on this one but feel comfortable at +5.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2013
Posts: 8
#77 Report User
Posted:

I'm wit Scalabrine On this one Blazers tonight for my home squad but I don't think the blazers would loose this one with the spurs coming into town if Batum or Matthews show up only one needs to show up Ill take make chances on of them showing up! GO BLAZERS!!! #RipCity

BLAZERS ML +165
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#78 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by RocNRose:

Scala, tough luck loss in Phoenix.. I'm not going to knock you though as this is the NBA where anything can happen.. But i do like reading your threads you do have some nice information in them.. Good Luck Bro, I be pulling for you! Good Luck...

RNR
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#79 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Smushmachine:


Literally took 1 second to find someone that agreed, post #66, 2 before you wrote that.

Post 66 agrees with you and your point on ORL and Cha???

Alrighty then....


 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46054
#80 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

Here is your assignment. Go look at the starting 5 for the Nuggets.

Guys, JJ Hickson is starting at forward. This was a throwaway guy on an injured Blazers team last year. Then you have that dope Javalle who's head is still in the clouds (did you see him piggyback thay guy on opening night???). Ty Lawson, their best, has a strained groin but will likely play. Randy Foye and Anthony Randolph? Nothing to write home about there.

Last game, Aldridge and Lillard played at all-star levels for the Blazers. That was a HUGE positive. No one else contributed which lead to a loss.

The concern is Batum, Lopez, Wesley Matthews and Mo Williams. Also Dorell Wright needs to show up.

They will this game.

Forget the horror show that the Blazers are in Denver (lost 18 of 19).

Denver looked bad against a mediocre Kings team in their first game.

The MAIN REASON you can take the Blazers here is because of rookie coach Brian Shaw.

He transformed Denver's offense from one that pushes tempo and is fast paced to one that relies heavily on half-court sets, and smothering defense. That's a big transition to swallow in your first two games, Home or Away and takes a lot of time to adjust to. Two games isn't enough.

I say they are not ready, the roster is depleted/injured/unimpressive and they get a 'mad as hell' Blazer team who have to open up at home against the Spurs the following night.

You don't want to open against the Spurs at 0-2, on a 15-game losing streak looking half-as$ed the way you did last season.

Home court advantage in the thin air? Not so much in this spot.

The Suns loss was due to Dragic, Bledsoe, Plumlee playing out of their minds, in addition to many other role players stepping up. It was a tsunami of solid basketball with a team that runs and guns (a much easier system embraced by new faces/current players) and the Blazers could never recover.

They will here.

And it's Moneyline time:

BLAZERS +165

To all those who lost on my previous pick, the ML will win it back and then some.

Fade me if you like but it's all coming back my way tonight.

Rip City...
Please elaborate. I didnt know that geography was aware of the situation.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46054
#81 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

Here is your assignment. Go look at the starting 5 for the Nuggets.

Guys, JJ Hickson is starting at forward. This was a throwaway guy on an injured Blazers team last year. Then you have that dope Javalle who's head is still in the clouds (did you see him piggyback thay guy on opening night???). Ty Lawson, their best, has a strained groin but will likely play. Randy Foye and Anthony Randolph? Nothing to write home about there.

Last game, Aldridge and Lillard played at all-star levels for the Blazers. That was a HUGE positive. No one else contributed which lead to a loss.

The concern is Batum, Lopez, Wesley Matthews and Mo Williams. Also Dorell Wright needs to show up.

They will this game. Why?

Forget the horror show that the Blazers are in Denver (lost 18 of 19). Forget? Why? Those who dont learn from history are dooemd to repeat it.

Denver looked bad against a mediocre Kings team in their first game.

The MAIN REASON you can take the Blazers here is because of rookie coach Brian Shaw.

He transformed Denver's offense from one that pushes tempo and is fast paced to one that relies heavily on half-court sets, and smothering defense. That's a big transition to swallow in your first two games, Home or Away and takes a lot of time to adjust to. Two games isn't enough.

I say they are not ready, the roster is depleted/injured/unimpressive and they get a 'mad as hell' Blazer team who have to open up at home against the Spurs the following night. Mad as hell? They still got paid and could care less. They know they have a mediocre team and will play accordingly every night. Its the NBA, so of course they'll look good some nights and bad other...hope this is a good night for you.

You don't want to open against the Spurs at 0-2, on a 15-game losing streak looking half-as$ed the way you did last season.

Home court advantage in the thin air? Not so much in this spot.

The Suns loss was due to Dragic, Bledsoe, Plumlee playing out of their minds, in addition to many other role players stepping up. It was a tsunami of solid basketball with a team that runs and guns (a much easier system embraced by new faces/current players) and the Blazers could never recover.

They will here.

And it's Moneyline time:

BLAZERS +165

To all those who lost on my previous pick, the ML will win it back and then some.

Fade me if you like but it's all coming back my way tonight.

Rip City...

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#82 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat95:

nuggets cannot shoot, they did nothing in the off season to improve that.  no longer up tempo so i am not sure how they are going to consistently outscore opponents.  took a big step back IMO, they don't resemble the team last year which blew teams out at home.  considering the blazers troubles in denver over the years, i can't go big on this one but feel comfortable at +5.

Well said
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2011
Posts: 2778
#83 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine
They will this game.

 [/Quote:


Should we put 1/2 bankroll?
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#84 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by IamPosterBoy:

I'm wit Scalabrine On this one Blazers tonight for my home squad but I don't think the blazers would loose this one with the spurs coming into town if Batum or Matthews show up only one needs to show up Ill take make chances on of them showing up! GO BLAZERS!!! #RipCity

BLAZERS ML +165

Rip City tonight
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#85 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Please elaborate. I didnt know that geography was aware of the situation.

Elaborate. Ok.

Most guys will lay off this bet or take Denver just because of the altitude they play in.

Go ahead. The books will use your money to pay me if that's all you have to go on.
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#86 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Bet_The_House:


Should we put 1/2 bankroll?

No, bet the house on it.
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#87 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


Let's talk post game of who's doomed to repeat what.
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2011
Posts: 5526
#88 Report User
Posted:

after what happen that day, u got no credibility
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2007
Posts: 2454
#89 Report User
Posted:

BOL tonight Scalabrine!


 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 520
#90 Report User
Posted:

Scal, from reading your posts i can tell you are intelligent. The fervor you display when expressing your points, and countering others is a little overboard though. Like many gamblers, you are jaded by your own opinions and convictions, and too often you go out on a limb based on these convictions.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46054
#91 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


Let's talk post game of who's doomed to repeat what.

Not sure why you cant have a civilized convo. I asked legit questions but didnt get any response (other than guys will take the Nuggs because of hca....why wont it effect the Blazers?). I'm rooting for you because I think there is value in catching 5ish points, but would want +200 to take them on the ML.

 

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#92 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by winner005:

after what happen that day, u got no credibility

A capper loses one game and he has no credibility? 

See you in at most two days....when you too allegedly have no credibility....
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#93 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:

BOL tonight Scalabrine!


 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2013
Posts: 1395
#94 Report User
Posted:

better luck next season 
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#95 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PERSPECTIVE:

Scal, from reading your posts i can tell you are intelligent. The fervor you display when expressing your points, and countering others is a little overboard though. Like many gamblers, you are jaded by your own opinions and convictions, and too often you go out on a limb based on these convictions.

Some people just make picks.
Some people make a pick with a write-up.
Some people make a pick with a write-up and just have an OP and nothing beyond.
Some people make a pick, have a write-up, and have scattered comments of who they want to pick and choose who to respond to.

And the rarest of the rare write an OP and respond to virtually everyone. 

That would be me.
 

And if you come in my thread with crap, largely regurgitated from other posters, I will drop a house on your head of need be.

Just because your team won doesn't mean your point was well made. It's like taking credit for calling a coin flip.

Otherwise I will give you credit for a legitimate opposing view (which is rarer than a Sasquatch in Times Square on Covers).

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#96 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Holdat2:

better luck next season 
Next season...

I'm just getting warmed up. Hop on this gravy train or stay on the curb.
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2006
Posts: 28106
#97 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Not sure why you cant have a civilized convo. I asked legit questions but didnt get any response (other than guys will take the Nuggs because of hca....why wont it effect the Blazers?). I'm rooting for you because I think there is value in catching 5ish points, but would want +200 to take them on the ML.

 


The books would never give 2-1 on this game.

Why? Even squares would jump at that and when they have to pay it, they'd suffer doubly.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2012
Posts: 262
#98 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


Some people just make picks.
Some people make a pick with a write-up.
Some people make a pick with a write-up and just have an OP and nothing beyond.
Some people make a pick, have a write-up, and have scattered comments of who they want to pick and choose who to respond to.

And the rarest of the rare write an OP and respond to virtually everyone. 

That would be me.
 

And if you come in my thread with crap, largely regurgitated from other posters, I will drop a house on your head of need be.

Just because your team won doesn't mean your point was well made. It's like taking credit for calling a coin flip.

Otherwise I will give you credit for a legitimate opposing view (which is rarer than a Sasquatch in Times Square on Covers).


Scal my opposing view is this:

Denver is fully focused and motivated for this game.  It is their home opener, and they have the following 3 days off so they can give all their effort.  While Portland has their own home opener tomorrow against the defending conference champs.  Again, Denver has a rookie coach,  a boring starting lineup, and isn't expected to do much this year.  There is nothing there to fire up Portland.  I'm think there is a good chance they already have their mind on the Spurs, and that will lead to them trying to conserve energy for tomorrow.

I haven't seen you respond to this view.  Do you think Portland wants this game more than Denver?  Or are you saying Portland is good enough to win giving 70% effort against Denver's 100%?


 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2007
Posts: 3004
#99 Report User
Posted:

you keep playing them, they are eventually going to win. no NBA team ever goes winless. GL!
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46054
#100 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


The books would never give 2-1 on this game.

Why? Even squares would jump at that and when they have to pay it, they'd suffer doubly.
I know they wouldnt give out +200, but thats the line I would need to not take the points. Theres too much value in the 4.5/5 to take the ML...
First << 4 of 8 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View