View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

NBA Finals, Game 7 Pick

Participants:
Views: 1870

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

For me today? I'm going with what I expect is the contrarian play, getting back on that horse: San Antonio Spurs +6.

These two squads have shown that they are pretty even to date, no? I will take Pop, Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan in a game seven catching two possessions. Don't even need to win, just need this thing to be tight throughout (which I think it should be). All everyone has heard since Game 6 ended is "how possibly could the Spurs emotionally bounce back after such a crushing loss" and "the Spurs choked away their title chance!". I'm not a buyer in such hyperbole personally. The Spurs are probably the most professional team in the league with the best coaching staff in the league. They will be ready to play tonight, pissed off that they have to even be here considering they should have closed the door in Game 6.

Manu Ginobili played probably the worst "big game" of his life in Game 6. Tony Parker played a horrific game as well (save the late 4Q buckets). Tim Duncan was MIA (missing in action, not Miami) in the 2H. All of those factors were needed to combine together, plus one amazing Ray Allen three, for MIA to pull out a win by the hair of their chiny chin chin. I don't see all four of those things happening again tonight.

MIA has to be feeling pretty good about themselves after Game 6, no? I tend to think that the pride goeth before the fall (see: LeBron's shoes saying 2 time NBA champion). You don't f*** with the basketball gods like that by being presumptuous. Let me repeat: You do NOT f*** with the basketball gods like that by being presumptuous

San Antonio Spurs +6

Quote Post Report User

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Even with that in mind, the best play tonight may be the UNDER.

Shout-out to BetCrimes1984 and his "playoff elimination game UNDER" stats

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

good points Kapono,if Allen misses that 3 series was over.Heat are resilient but i agree,it should be a close game and I actually think Spurs win.good luck brother 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

My man are you bothered with the refs tonight? I just read that some say that the refs are on the heat side

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

My thoughts exactly. Spurs ML is what I care about tonight. I'm feeling more as a fan than a bettor for this game, this championship. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Good luck buddy. It's been fun. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Were in the same boat Kap !

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Best of Luck 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Gl kap.

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker921:

My man are you bothered with the refs tonight? I just read that some say that the refs are on the heat side

Just the a-hole Scott.  May seem like the Spurs are playing 5 on 6 at times.  

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

With Lebron and Wade barking at the refs for fouls it seems like 5-4 for Spurs at times

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Like it!

BOL K4

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

good luck