HITTING VS PITCHING

Participants:
Views: 643

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Give me good hitting any day of the week. I've made a pretty good chunk betting against aces. C.C, King or Seattle, Price. I don't care who's ace it is. Eventually they are going to get hit during the game. Particularly aces with poor run support, but I'll bet against any ace any time if I have a good hitting team.

What say you ?
Quote Post Report User

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

The pitcher Kind Felix was facing is pretty damn good in his own right and can at times look like ace material. Better tigers offense is why i laid off, but you gotta encompass the whole situation into your bet. With that being said I disagree. I'll take an ace and average lineup against a teams #5 pitcher and great lineup most of the time excluding factors like home/away/streakiness/other variables. the fact is great pitching can always contain great hitting.It takes more for great hitters to overcome things like location/movement/velocity/pitch choice of the great pitchers. Just my .02

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Then what do you think about the champs, Giants. They had solid pitching last and dominated the whole nine innings. 

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by capperator:

Then what do you think about the champs, Giants. They had solid pitching last and dominated the whole nine innings. 

Post season baseball is different. Defense and pitching wins that. During 162 games for a regular season the better hitting team will beat a better pitcher on a given day. The underdog money would be worth it.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

Post season baseball is different. Defense and pitching wins that. During 162 games for a regular season the better hitting team will beat a better pitcher on a given day. The underdog money would be worth it.

couldn't agree more, thanks for the advice guys.

vandal, thanks for the input, I reckon the odds do favor good pitching containing good hitting rather than vise verse.  example, Burnette tonight against the Cards.  I picked the Cards in game one, and went with the pirates tonight.  gotta love it. Good luck every one,

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Like the writeup people try to just bet on the better pitcher too much well it won't matter if they don't get run support

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

It all depends on what the line is......

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

went 3 and 1 tonight for a fat profit with a local bookie.

got Cain in Milwaukee, got price in Baltimore, but lost on dicky
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View