Denver/Washington

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 2126

Veteran
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Total is 205. Line is -3.

Not only does Denver have a moderate "revenge" angle, but they are clearly the better overall team getting a short line tonight, even if Lawson cannot go. 

The Wizards have been making a living on the defensive end and are 8-2 SU their last ten at home. Impressive. They are 22-4 under this total in all home games. However, I do think there is some element of deception to some of their home wins as most teams come in with little respect for the Wiz and do not bring their "A" game. OKC and Miami are prime examples. Denver will not have that problem after losing to them a month ago and in hot contention for a home playoff spot. This is a game they will compete and take seriously.

The Wizards offense is dead last in ppg, TS% and offensive efficiency. They are also bottom 10 in eFG%, 3 pt.%, 3 pointers made, FT's made and FT's attempted. 
Losing Crawford doesn't help against a deep Nuggets squad. Though he had been relegated to the doghouse by Wittman, his absence will be felt. The Wizards need all the scoring they can get and Grunfeld/Wittman are apparently content relying on their solid defense to maintain the momentum. Not a good strategy, imo. The Wizards bench is not threatening whatsoever and really have no scoring punch without Crawford. It's hard to know what offense Booker, Ariza and Seraphin will bring. Inconsistency at its finest.

For the Nuggets, if Lawson can't go(or is limited), they still have wily Miller running the show and their frontcourt play has been impressive. Koufos, McGee, Gallinari and Faried have all been playing great ball the last month. Igoudala had one point last game and should bounce back with a "normal" game. Chandler and Brewer are good bench threats.

I like the interior defense and rebounding/shot blocking(Denver especially) for both to keep this game lower scoring. Neither team shoots the 3 ball well, which helps the cause.
I also like the Nuggets to take control in the 2nd half and win this game.

I am taking Denver ML, -3 and the under 205. Good luck with your plays.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Also wanted to express my sincere thanks for all the support from the covers forum. Duly noted and appreciated to all who have commented.

Legend
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

I like this play as well m_w, good luck today

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Banned
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

I'm saying wizards, wiz all over chicken nuggets. Just a against the public play

MVP
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

gl mellow

All-Star
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

very tough game, while I have also read a lot of good things from the Nuggets that they'd be up for this game I also know that John Wall was very dissapointed after a poor performance off the All-Star break, the Wizards are a confident group going against a poor Nuggets team, but it's easy to make a case for either side

BOL

All-Star
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

should say poor road team

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

good luck m_w.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Great write up as usual MW...Den U is always going to be a contrarian play...course that is mostly where the money is

Banned
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

mellow_wolf.... simply one of the best

Good luck buddy

Veteran
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

ill take a motivated Nuggets team over a motivated John Wall. He is an easily frustrated kid, as displayed in that Raptors game.

Nuggets roll. BOL Mellow and great write up/stats.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Den TT ov 103 1/2 looks good too.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

I'm gonna add this play too. The stats are spot on, and favor Denver. Now that the all-star break is over and reality has set in I dont see the Wizards getting up for much.

Denver is a playoff Contender and they know they're gonna have to gain some ground. The Wiz did wonders for me when they were flying under the radar, great when they beat the spread when they got some recognition...but now I think they're gonna fade away. They're all young kids that get frustrated, i.e that Toronto game.

Nice write up man!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Mellow_wolf i'm with you on this. Just placed $105 to win $100 on DEN -3.5, thought about it all fay can't see this being a bad play. So many factors in their favor. They are a deep team, fast-paced team, revenge-seeking tonight, and wizards aren't a particularly united unit. Also don't see Wizards frontcourt handling Denver's.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Expect a solid effort from Javale coming back to Washington first time.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

also do you have any leans for the nightcap, im having a tough time with some of those games

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

mellow, how do you get that austintx guy to shut the f*ck up?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Prospect
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Hell of a way to tie it!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Alright Denver, back in this. Take it home second half.

FG -3 Nuggets. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Nuggets look ok to me and will cover if they play like this....No way wizards shoot near 55-60% from field and beyond the arc in the 2H

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Veteran
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Playing Nuggets -2.5 and under 101.5 for 2nd half. Wiz shot lights out. Unexpected production from Price. Good luck.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Very nice pics!

fu.kking dumbass
First << 1 of 2 >> Last