Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how

First Prev 92 of 848 Next Last
Turbovtk
Veteran Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #1366
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:
OK, so first of all about the money management: I was asked here what should be the Unit size for 1500$ bankroll and the answer was 75$. The next question was - is not that too much? The answer is  - NO. Next person feeling like asking that question - please read through the thread. There is a reason for keeping this single thread. That is in order to FORCE you to read through to find answers for your questions as almost all the subjects about the money management, picking criteria etc have already been addresses. So, if I put an effort in writing them and the very well respected people in this thread put an effort discussing those issues - the least the new visitors to this thread can do is make an effort to read it. Otherwise you will never become an independent and self confident sports handicappers and you would remain simply a gamblers. I know that's a lot to read. Take it easy, slowly, nor me or Vegas is not running anywhere soon.

Hi Marvin nice read on your posts- took a while to read them but worth it.

What's your take on todays Bowl game. I did ok yesterday picking Oregon but could not get myself to parlay the -7.5 to the under, but under live betting there was a nice line at 81 on which I took the under for $100 to match the spread bet at $100 also-

Today I am thinking that TAM is the play.
DMG
Prospect Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #1367
You do all know that SportsMavin in the assclown MITKid right? Now he is creating January socks to support his thread. I'm beginning to think 75% of covers' posters are him.
melosjumper7
Posted:
Quote #1368

lak/clips under 205
nets -5 and a half
indiana +2 and a half
brook/wash over 184
tor-6.5
melosjumper7
Posted:
Quote #1369
do u like my picks mavin???...nothing finalized but all leans.....still kind of liking clippers ml or atl +1...but still studying up on those picks as well as teh ones i just listed....
Maxbo
Posted:
Quote #1370
QUOTE Originally Posted by DMG:
You do all know that SportsMavin in the assclown MITKid right? Now he is creating January socks to support his thread. I'm beginning to think 75% of covers' posters are him.

Aaaaah... you blew my cover....
melosjumper7
Posted:
Quote #1371
also liking memphis/portland under 182...or check and see how the game flows for maybe 2nd half under...
Holdieinone
Posted:
Quote #1372
QUOTE Originally Posted by DMG:
DMG, 

I think that most of us here know that not to be the case!!  But, great try to come in disrupt a thread 
Holdieinone
Posted:
Quote #1373
Melos & Mavin (sounds like a law firm),

Do either of you routinely play NCAA CBB?  If so, It would be great to add to this forum or a new one.........
PETeacher
Posted:
Quote #1374
[Quote: Originally Posted by Holdieinone]
DMG, 

I think that most of us here know that not to be the case!!  But, great try to come in disrupt a thread 

]Agree DMG

PETeacher
Posted:
Quote #1375
Sorry! agree Holdie  Don't know what I thinking
PETeacher
Posted:
Quote #1376

Not very many posts for me. Still can't figure all this crap out.  Not vreally tech wizard.  I do know this, no one on these threads can say one bad thing about "The Mavin".  He has taught me more in 2 weeks on this thread than I ever knew.  Keep up the good work Mavin. TY

Maxbo
Posted:
Quote #1377
Mavin,

I'm so happy you showed up just at the right time. Recently, when I decided to bet on NBA I knew I needed some good input, advices... So I came here. And at the same time you started this thread. No coincidence, at least for me. I really wanted to make some money betting on basketball, since I do that pretty well with European basketball.

That's the reason I took a two-day break cause I had to continue making money (and I hope I will today) betting on Europen teams (I made some very good calls yesterday 4-1).

Now I promised myself to follow your lead here, I like what you have for us today.

That said, I do have some doubts about LAC. Just like roi_fisher I think LAC want to prove themselves aginst LAL.

But LAL +4,5 is soooo tempting... It has potential to be your best pick so far, even better than Utah vs. LAC! I like it so much!

Maybe I'll do both.... not sure yet.... :)

@melosjumper7

I was really angry when I read posts criticizing your way of betting. All I can say - congrats!

While Mavin is conservative and studious, I see you have a great run which is also a result of a fantastic intuition. 
If LAC had a great run - why wouldn't you? Its no different. Basketball is business, yes - but it is a game in the first place. So is betting: a result of deep studying but it's also a gamble - which is a game! So it is poker. Why not enjoy it!

When your streak ends, you'll still have more than you started with.
I am just sorry I didn't follow you.

Great job, guys!
Noles3535
Posted:
Quote #1378

First time posting, just wanted to thank Mavin, Melo and others who provide their insight. I have learned a lot following this thread from the beginning.  That being said, I am don't understand your reasoning for taking the lakers +4 and the was/brklyn over 184. (it is now lakers +5 and over 183). I thought this was a good spot for the clippers after back to back L, coming back home vs rival. If you could provide your reasoning for these picks I would appreciate it. Trying to learn all I can. Thanks again for everything you do!!

2SpreadKiller
Posted:
Quote #1379
Congrats on another great night!

Good work as usual!
Maxbo
Posted:
Quote #1380