Bridgewater likely out for UL vs. Rutgers tonight

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 3902

Prospect
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Teddy got hurt last week with a high ankle sprain and also broke his wrist.  He ended up finishing the game, but was incredibly hobbled. 

Anyways, a good friend of mine has connections with the athletic dept. at UL and he just told me that he's out and Will Stein will be under center.  If true, UL has no chance. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Thanks for the info!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

It's already been reported that he is playing.

Legend
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

@AndrewBeeler1 I think they said he'd play only in shotgun situations, but I'm hearing may not even seen him at all.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Professional1:

@AndrewBeeler1 I think they said he'd play only in shotgun situations, but I'm hearing may not even seen him at all.

The shotgun statement is because of his hurt wrist-he could've played if that was the only issue.  High ankle sprain is what will keep him out if he doesn't play. 

Another guy I know said TB called a team meeting on Tuesday and told the team he likely wouldn't play, and to rally around Will Stein.  Given all of the bullshit that's been flying around re: conferences, etc., it's tough to believe anything you hear, but hearing the same thing from two different "connected" guys worries me.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Being from the Louisville area and knowing people as well, I have heard he is playing.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Ryan u should change the bet quick. It's not a winning situation for you or Louisville. This line is going to jump. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

I saw this as well. But Bridgewater mostly throws dink short passes thus his high pass %. I don't see the back up not being able to fill in if Bridgewater is out. 
If he sits out in a game of this magnitude then as they say in Major League, "He has no marbles!"

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTaxMan:

I saw this as well. But Bridgewater mostly throws dink short passes thus his high pass %. I don't see the back up not being able to fill in if Bridgewater is out. 
If he sits out in a game of this magnitude then as they say in Major League, "He has no marbles!"

He finished last week's game with a high ankle sprain and a broken hand. Questioning his marbles is out of the question at this point.

Our backup is 5'7.  Yes, 5'7, and has a pretty weak arm.  I love the guy, but he has no business in D1 football.  And no, we don't throw dink passes all day long-top receiver averages almost 20 YPC and our top 4 receivers all average > 10 YPC.  Teddy has a high completion percentage because he's good. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

If Bridgewater is out, I still like UL.  I don't think Stein is anywhere near the ability of Teddy, but you have to keep in mind, that Rutgers is not a dynamic offense either.  The play here might be the under.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by ryan8186:

If Bridgewater is out, I still like UL.  I don't think Stein is anywhere near the ability of Teddy, but you have to keep in mind, that Rutgers is not a dynamic offense either.  The play here might be the under.

UNDER

Prospect
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

I have watched Bridgewater all year and he is over rated...  Stein is so much better back behind center.  That is for Louisville.  I dont know if they have a third back up.

Teddy is not that smart and he has horrible aim.  He makes poor decissions when he is rushed and forgets he can run for a first down.

All year long he has over thrown his recievers or checked down and thrown across the middle for 5 yards.  He should be a reciever with his height and athelticism.

I will take steins (brains) over Bridgewaters lack of leadership and poor decission making any day of the week, including tonight.  I wish RU luck, but whoever has the ball last will win....

Good luck with your picks.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

http://m.wdrb.com/default.aspx?pid=2705&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wdrb.com%2fstory%2f20220298%2fpre-game-notes-louisville-vs-rutgers%3fclienttype%3drssstory

Prospect
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by pvk33:

http://m.wdrb.com/default.aspx?pid=2705&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wdrb.com%2fstory%2f20220298%2fpre-game-notes-louisville-vs-rutgers%3fclienttype%3drssstory

Wow good news.  If that's the case and he plays, I wouldn't touch the under with a 10 foot pole.  We'll throw the ball 50 times because running out of the shotgun with your backup RB isn't exactly ideal.

JBird, please put down the crack pipe.

Legend
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by JBIRD-55:

I have watched Bridgewater all year and he is over rated...  Stein is so much better back behind center.  That is for Louisville.  I dont know if they have a third back up.

Teddy is not that smart and he has horrible aim.  He makes poor decissions when he is rushed and forgets he can run for a first down.

All year long he has over thrown his recievers or checked down and thrown across the middle for 5 yards.  He should be a reciever with his height and athelticism.

I will take steins (brains) over Bridgewaters lack of leadership and poor decission making any day of the week, including tonight.  I wish RU luck, but whoever has the ball last will win....

Good luck with your picks.

stein is horrible what has he done this year? bridge was bad against uconn but has had a good season.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Crack or no crack Bridgewater is so over rated.  Hae you watched him play this year.  He sucks.  Just another athlete under center.  Hurt or not lets see how poorly he plays tonight. 

By the way, your coach sucks just as bad.  He cant motivate a half undress hooker.  Looser city in Louisville.  You better hope you can run the ball otherwise you will be done in the first half, just like the last two games.

Going back to the pipe, enjoy your QB.  I want Stein.....

Prospect
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

I like this part of tr article:
Cold Weather

- The forecast calls for temperatures in the mid 30s at kickoff, with a low in Piscataway tonight in the 20s. Louisville's roster is full of Florida players, including Bridgewater. They do not particularly enjoy the cold, and Bridgewater's spot on the bench at home is always in front of the giant heater. Wide-receiver and longtime friend of Teddy's Eli Rogers had this to say about the cold Monday: "It bothers us, but it's all mind over matter."

Prospect
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Lol Bridgewater sucks . That's good comedy. The best part of your dumb a$$ post is that he makes poor decisions. Dude have you even watched Louisville play this year ??? If we had any sort of defense, this team would have been legit.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DaCards:

He finished last week's game with a high ankle sprain and a broken hand. Questioning his marbles is out of the question at this point.

Our backup is 5'7.  Yes, 5'7, and has a pretty weak arm.  I love the guy, but he has no business in D1 football.  And no, we don't throw dink passes all day long-top receiver averages almost 20 YPC and our top 4 receivers all average > 10 YPC.  Teddy has a high completion percentage because he's good. 

Buddy I find it funny that you say that y'all don't throw short passes. Yes they may average those yards per pass but how about look at the Yards After Catch. You may be surprised. I've played Louisville all season, for & against. I'm very familiar with there playing habits.

I wish your team the best of luck. In playing the over 43!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by pvk33:

I tried to view this but it didn't work. Did it say Bridgewater is playing?

Banned
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DaCards:

Wow good news.  If that's the case and he plays, I wouldn't touch the under with a 10 foot pole.  We'll throw the ball 50 times because running out of the shotgun with your backup RB isn't exactly ideal.

JBird, please put down the crack pipe.
So basically your good friend with "connections" to the Athletic department was wrong? Or is it that you are completely full of garbage and posted BS info? Don't pass on BS info that others might be dumb enough to believe.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Stein was just named the starter for Louisville

Prospect
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Who to believe?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by expertpicks99:

Stein was just named the starter for Louisville

This statement is untrue.

Bridgewater will take shotgun snaps only and Stein will take all snaps from under center. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceAll:

So basically your good friend with "connections" to the Athletic department was wrong? Or is it that you are completely full of garbage and posted BS info? Don't pass on BS info that others might be dumb enough to believe.

The report says that they aren't sure.  Notice how I said "If it's true."  Nobody knows, but I'm still hearing that Stein will start.  A local sports reporter just tweeted "Stein will start, Bridgewater will likely play."  

Bottom line, Bridgewater may take 5 snaps, he may take 50.  UL is a much, much better team with him, and without significant time from TB, IMO they have no shot tonight. 

Thank you guys for the reminder as to why I don't post on here any more.  Morons.
First << 1 of 2 >> Last