Never Look At Other Peoples Picks...

Participants:
Views: 1770
Posts: 22
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2012
Posts: 34
Posted: #1

I loved ATL this week but Covers was all over PHI and DaCzar was too so I took PHI and got fucked over...lesson learned...go with your own intuition guys
Quote Post Report User
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2005
Posts: 20758
Posted: #2

This site has always been a cancer to success
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2011
Posts: 153
Posted: #3

Always go with what ur leaning.I almost took the vikings against the bucs because everyone was all over the vikings nuts but stuck with my gut and the bucs cashed with the straight up win.I normally look over the games first and get my own leans before i even go on this site and see what other people are picking
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2011
Posts: 1187
Posted: #4

First, you know who the better cappers are then you are looking for information/analysis of why a pick is being made.

Just because a lot of people were on Philly doesn't mean shit.  A lot of people here were on the Redskins also, both I knew were risky bets.

Ultimately you will only make money by making your own picks and trusting yourself, but like most people the chances of you becoming profitable betting sports is pretty low.
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2006
Posts: 6456
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by edubb13:

.I normally look over the games first and get my own leans before i even go on this site and see what other people are picking
...

...

why on earth would anyone operate differently...

there are a handful of long-term guys on here, maybe 3-4 AT MOST, who might influence a preliminary lean...

bottom line: there are no free rides

 

 

 

 

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2011
Posts: 760
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by YorkPointSpread:

I loved ATL this week but Covers was all over PHI and DaCzar was too so I took PHI and got fucked over...lesson learned...go with your own intuition guys

so in other words, you have no balls, and you like riding dick?

k next...
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 1126
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by cpgraves:


so in other words, you have no balls, and you like riding dick?

k next...
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2010
Posts: 4485
Posted: #8

Learn the sports you bet then no need to tail, nice to read why a person likes a pick but go with your own decisions, youll hate when you tail and lose.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2011
Posts: 2540
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by cpgraves:


so in other words, you have no balls, and you like riding dick?

k next...

 

funny shit

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2012
Posts: 3539
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by edubb13:

Always go with what ur leaning.I almost took the vikings against the bucs because everyone was all over the vikings nuts but stuck with my gut and the bucs cashed with the straight up win.I normally look over the games first and get my own leans before i even go on this site and see what other people are picking

Ummmm. No!    This entire forum was on the bucs.    No one was on mn.    And they got exposed as the frauds they are which I like
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2011
Posts: 5708
Posted: #11

or maybe you can find a fading material and get your edge that way...

Iike for instance myself, I lost a bunch of money this week with ncaaf and the nfl.

my record on the nfl for this week is turning out to be a 0-6 coming up soon.  I just need for kc to lose to be the perfect fading material...

like I said last year, if I can't win it by myself, at least I can help others winning by fading me. 
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2000
Posts: 363
Posted: #12

I took atl.. Everyone was on Philly because of the never lost after a bye week bs. Philly is a mess! You see post like Atl has not played anyone this year. But who is philly this year? Nobody. BOL
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2011
Posts: 2055
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by YorkPointSpread:

I loved ATL this week but Covers was all over PHI and DaCzar was too so I took PHI and got fucked over...lesson learned...go with your own intuition guys


Get real bro...


 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 3513
Posted: #14

Yeah I hate when I like a team and I come on here and I see a bunch of other people like it.. I know its gonna lose. Usually 95% of the time it does..
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2007
Posts: 147
Posted: #15

How can you say you loved Atlanta and then bet on Philly?
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2011
Posts: 1776
Posted: #16

Exactly man, always stick with your gut feeling and cap your own games. You never know who you could be taking advice from, it could be a 10 year old living in China writing "guaranteed picks" lol
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2010
Posts: 606
Posted: #17

My rule is come up with my leans first and then come on here to see what other people are thinking.  For instance, this week, I liked Miami against the Jets as one of my 5-6 leans.  I saw that LeagueCapper (who is a very well respected capper on here) had it as a huge play, so I decided to lock it in.  But, if my lean would have been the Jets instead, I wouldn't have switched to the Phins.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2011
Posts: 153
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by concavecapital:


Ummmm. No!    This entire forum was on the bucs.    No one was on mn.    And they got exposed as the frauds they are which I like
uuuuuuummmm yes! I read alot of posts on people on the vikings so dont tell me what I did and didnt read.Some of the more known cappers on this site were picking the vikings so get your facts straight before you try to tell someone what they read on here
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2009
Posts: 11304
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by cpgraves:


so in other words, you have no balls, and you like riding dick?

k next...

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2011
Posts: 3092
Posted: #20

No doubt bro.  I come on because some do a lot of homework.  I just dont have time, I have a real job, house etc...  But the key is knowing enough  about the game to know what info to put weight into and which to ignore.   Like I told my buddy yesterday who liked Philly.  Everyone had the same theory.  Andy Reid 13-0 after the bye.  Well u gonna take  that or u gonna take the team that is 6-0 in the last 6 games getting points and clearly a better team.  That one was simple yet I did get scared do to all the philly love but no one had good reasoning behind it.  Trends should be support not a reason behind a pick.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2011
Posts: 1605
Posted: #21

Quote Originally Posted by YorkPointSpread:

I loved ATL this week but Covers was all over PHI and DaCzar was too so I took PHI and got fucked over...lesson learned...go with your own intuition guys


this is one of the most pathetic threads EVER.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2005
Posts: 61
Posted: #22

When risking your hard earned,......I've learned after 12 years risk $$ with the better team. Why take the chance that the inferior team will "show up" or "they are at home" or "it's monday nite" yes they do tend to play harder in front of a home crowd (sometimes !!!). But I have found that home crowds can have little effect when a skilled team is in their game. I now LEAN and or bet the better team or no bet unless stats prove otherwise or major injuries tell me to be careful with the fav. My money is on SF or nothing tonight . Best of luck guys
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View