Oakland win for Game # 1

First << 1 of 3 >> Last
Views: 9375
Posts: 63
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2012
Posts: 5878
#1 Report User
Posted:

OAKLAND +173 (sounds Good) >
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2012
Posts: 2593
#2 Report User
Posted:

GL........neil........
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2010
Posts: 2722
#3 Report User
Posted:

Nice odds, BOL  
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2009
Posts: 1099
#4 Report User
Posted:

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#5 Report User
Posted:

I don't believe the A's are a good bet today, but they are a GREAT bet for the series.

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2012
Posts: 2952
#6 Report User
Posted:

Like it, why stop now?
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2011
Posts: 2098
#7 Report User
Posted:

this game must be great to watch, but IMO not great to bet. i think Tigers will win, however, if any team win today, not going to be one-sided. expect a sort of rollercoaster riding from Tigers bullpen Especially. maybe Over can be good, but it's just for fun. BOL
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

I don't believe the A's are a good bet today, but they are a GREAT bet for the series.

 


So you will have to wait after Game1 and load on better A's series price or you take some initial A's series price at +145? 
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#9 Report User
Posted:

The latter, Europa, but tonight I'm rooting for the Tigers for the reason you mentioned.  The adjusted series price has the potential to be the real pot o' gold!

 

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2011
Posts: 1239
#10 Report User
Posted:

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

The latter, Europa, but tonight I'm rooting for the Tigers for the reason you mentioned.  The adjusted series price has the potential to be the real pot o' gold!

 


Good call on the A's not a good bet today, Bator. You think A's will win this series if Verlander should pitch Game 4 or Game 5, he pitched a gem today. A's could not touch him and they might have tough time to face him again. Velander might count for two wins in this series. 
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#12 Report User
Posted:

Should this series reach Game 5, Verlander will be matched up again against Jarrod Parker and the A's WILL NOT lose that game. I expect the Tigers, in fact, to find it as difficult to win a game at the Coliseum as the Rangers did this past week.

Verlander was favored in each of his last 7 road starts, yet the Tigers lost 5 of those games. The only two times Verlander won was when he got to face an Indians lineup and a Twins lineup both filled with minor league call-ups. Verlander won't be so scary in the beehive of the Coliseum against a tremendous home team that's gone 25-11 since the All-Star break, including winning their last 6 when they absolutely had to.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#13 Report User
Posted:

And let's not forget that the Tigers are a crappy 38-43 on the road. In fact, while the A's were stepping it up at home since the All-Star break, the Tigers were going soft on the road, going a poor 16-21. Over the last ten weeks, the only road series the Tigers were able to win came against the awful Indians, terrible Twins, and wretched Royals. If the Tigers fail to go up 2-0 tomorrow, they'll effectively have to win a 3-game series in Oakland, and that's not happening.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

Should this series reach Game 5, Verlander will be matched up again against Jarrod Parker and the A's WILL NOT lose that game. I expect the Tigers, in fact, to find it as difficult to win a game at the Coliseum as the Rangers did this past week.

Verlander was favored in each of his last 7 road starts, yet the Tigers lost 5 of those games. The only two times Verlander won was when he got to face an Indians lineup and a Twins lineup both filled with minor league call-ups. Verlander won't be so scary in the beehive of the Coliseum against a tremendous home team that's gone 25-11 since the All-Star break, including winning their last 6 when they absolutely had to.

i agree that A's are tough at home since 2H, they even swept the mighty Rangers in Oakland, however A's can't afford to bring a 0-2 record returning to Oak. Colisium, they might not see Velander again. They have to win a game tomorrow, but Milone is a +150 dog a good value series price will vaporize pretty fast by going down 0-2. That being said, i will take A's tomorrow and perhaps few bucks on the series.   
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2012
Posts: 7667
#15 Report User
Posted:

milone is not that bad, what A's need is a SP that could go to 6, hand it over to their amazing pen. Fister should be more hittable than Verlander so i expect A's squeak it out 4-3 tonight
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#16 Report User
Posted:

Europa, even if the A's lose Game 2, I still like them to sweep the Tigers in Oakland. A loss tomorrow is hardly a death sentence. I will be hitting the adjusted series price hard in the morning, and if the A's lose Game 2, I will fire on them in Game 3, and then roll that ticket onto Game 4, and then roll THAT ticket onto Game 5. I have a ton of faith in the A's.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#17 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

Europa, even if the A's lose Game 2, I still like them to sweep the Tigers in Oakland. A loss tomorrow is hardly a death sentence. I will be hitting the adjusted series price hard in the morning, and if the A's lose Game 2, I will fire on them in Game 3, and then roll that ticket onto Game 4, and then roll THAT ticket onto Game 5. I have a ton of faith in the A's.

First thing first, Bator. i like dogs in MLB postseason and will take Milone +140 (my local line) tomorrow, then see what happens. A's and O's might play in the LCS. 
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#18 Report User
Posted:

Europa, if +140 is the best you can do, then don't bother making the bet at all.  That price blows.  No bettor should be betting prices that blow no matter HOW much he loves, loves, loves the game.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

Europa, if +140 is the best you can do, then don't bother making the bet at all.  That price blows.  No bettor should be betting prices that blow no matter HOW much he loves, loves, loves the game.

What is the price you got on A's in the Strip? +155?
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#20 Report User
Posted:

A's are +140 at Wynn and MGM, +145 at Hilton and Caesars. Unless you bet it at offshore books, you're not getting much better price from the Strip, Bator. 
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#21 Report User
Posted:

So?  Then you should pass.  You just can't take a baseball team +140 when they're as high as +157 elsewhere (like The Greek).

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2004
Posts: 44285
#22 Report User
Posted:

What is the price you got on A's in the Strip? +155?

 

 

 

 

Unless I get a price I can't refuse, I won't be betting on the A's in Game 2.  I'll be betting the adjusted series price prior to Game 2.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2004
Posts: 4892
#23 Report User
Posted:

It's +235 on bookmaker for the a's to win the series. Good bet, MrB?
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 13274
#24 Report User
Posted:

A's looked surprisingly flat after their end of season run, the dont have a good postseason record and starting the game at 9am PST wont help either
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2003
Posts: 37076
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

So?  Then you should pass.  You just can't take a baseball team +140 when they're as high as +157 elsewhere (like The Greek).


i agree that you should bet on best price available, but i'm fine if i don't get worse price on my local than from the Strip. Maybe, you should also always bet the dogs at Bovada. 

i have been playing at Strip and my local for years, it's fine. Hope you get A's at +157, Caesars has only +135 now. 

btw, i got A's series price at +260 from my book.
First << 1 of 3 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View