****WEEK 1 UNDERDOG ML PARLAY THREAD****

Participants:
< Page of 3 > >>
Views: 8307
Posts: 53
< Page of 3 > >>
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #1

I simply start with this:

[link from unapproved source]





Now, lets get a couple things out of the way:

First, yes I know parlays are a waste of money, so save your fingers the trouble of typing. I never claimed to be a professional, I do this for enjoyment and I just happen to be awesome at it! I still put my pants on 3 legs at a time......

Second, these plays will rarely hit, this I know. The upside to that is that I dont need them to hit very often to make some money.

Third, if you followed my threads last year then you made some money on these. I hit one 3 weeks in a row and 5 total, all 4 teamers that paid over 30-1. One week all the dogs I like and listed (7 of them) won SU (the week K St beat Baylor I believe). I cashed a very nice ticket on that one. Most people wanna parlay favs and spread, I want the big score.


Will usually play 2-5 of these per week, with about 1 to 2 units ( a unit is $100 american) involved total. I will round robin most of the time as nothing sucks worse than losing by 1 game and seeing a 5/6 underdog ml parlay ticket go up in flames.....

Just played this and will undoubtedly have at least 2 or 3 more and will probably round robin this, just waiting to see what the lines do.



.25 units

Your Bet has been Placed
SelectionPrice
  • Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech (Moneyline) Georgia Tech
    +230
  • Minnesota U at UNLV (Moneyline) UNLV
    +250
  • Wash State at BYU (Moneyline) Wash State
    +400
  • Texas A+M v Louisiana Tech (Moneyline) Louisiana Tech
    +240
Bet Type: Combination of above 4 selections (all selections must be correct to win)
Bet Price: +19535
Bet Amount: $25.00
Bet Payout: $4908.75



If you cant have a little fun, whats the point?
Quote Post Report User
 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2012
Posts: 28720
Posted: #2

BOL Train, Go get em.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2007
Posts: 4576
Posted: #3

 Like it

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2011
Posts: 1346
Posted: #4

I love these Low risk High reward parlays! 
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2007
Posts: 3388
Posted: #5

like the wash st and GT parts, think about vandy too
train 








GL to all 
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by dugie243:

like the wash st and GT parts, think about vandy too
train 








GL to all 


They are definitely in the mix Dugie. I have several teams on the radar. Week one will be pretty mello as its still a lot of observing.



wise/cherokee/eye
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2009
Posts: 9120
Posted: #7

wash st +400
western Michigan +310
SMU +310


10 to win 798.17
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by jdnmoney:

wash st +400
western Michigan +310
SMU +310


10 to win 798.17


I like it. W Mich and SMU are very live dogs. I dont think Baylor will be near as good (obviously on offense), and their defense has never been special......

jd
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2003
Posts: 13848
Posted: #9

The only one I like is the Wazzu ML.  Don't think the others have much of a shot at an outright win.

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

The only one I like is the Wazzu ML.  Don't think the others have much of a shot at an outright win.



At just a td fav each, the linemakers arent real thrilled with VT,Tex A&M and Minny......and neither am I .


freak
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2006
Posts: 537
Posted: #11

I think you have a real shot at it.  Still a long shot but i dont think any of these games will be blowouts.  GL.
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2012
Posts: 12752
Posted: #12

I like WSU and GT and SMU GL I think WSU and GT have a legit shot at winning SU
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2005
Posts: 4799
Posted: #13

I'll throw a quarter on it
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2010
Posts: 6909
Posted: #14

Good Luck you might split it into two bets:

Wash st and Georgia tech ML

and the less likely

UNLV and LA tech ML

GL SIR

LOVE ANYBODY THAT DOESNT HAVE A CARD WITH 8 OR MORE FAVORITES POSTED!!!

 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2008
Posts: 8308
Posted: #15

Certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Good luck this season buddy


 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 808
Posted: #16

Always love these threads Train.  Nothing better than discussing the which dogs have a SU shot a Victory each week.

Like GT, Vandy, & Wazzu.

Also think about NCST, UK
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2006
Posts: 4784
Posted: #17

I thought I was the only one who had three legged pants

As far as the ML parlays, I love playing them, not nearly as successful as you have been, but they are fun, and I usually hit one or two a year,  Last season i hit a 3 team underdog ML parlay. I like getting the odds, and like you said, its for enjoyment. Best of luck this season

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2012
Posts: 660
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I simply start with this:

[link from unapproved source]





Now, lets get a couple things out of the way:

First, yes I know parlays are a waste of money, so save your fingers the trouble of typing. I never claimed to be a professional, I do this for enjoyment and I just happen to be awesome at it! I still put my pants on 3 legs at a time......

Second, these plays will rarely hit, this I know. The upside to that is that I dont need them to hit very often to make some money.

Third, if you followed my threads last year then you made some money on these. I hit one 3 weeks in a row and 5 total, all 4 teamers that paid over 30-1. One week all the dogs I like and listed (7 of them) won SU (the week K St beat Baylor I believe). I cashed a very nice ticket on that one. Most people wanna parlay favs and spread, I want the big score.


Will usually play 2-5 of these per week, with about 1 to 2 units ( a unit is $100 american) involved total. I will round robin most of the time as nothing sucks worse than losing by 1 game and seeing a 5/6 underdog ml parlay ticket go up in flames.....

Just played this and will undoubtedly have at least 2 or 3 more and will probably round robin this, just waiting to see what the lines do.



.25 units

Your Bet has been Placed
SelectionPrice
  • Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech (Moneyline) Georgia Tech
    +230
  • Minnesota U at UNLV (Moneyline) UNLV
    +250
  • Wash State at BYU (Moneyline) Wash State
    +400
  • Texas A+M v Louisiana Tech (Moneyline) Louisiana Tech
    +240
Bet Type: Combination of above 4 selections (all selections must be correct to win)
Bet Price: +19535
Bet Amount: $25.00
Bet Payout: $4908.75



If you cant have a little fun, whats the point?


GOOD LUCK
I bet with a local and he doesnt take any money line bets on football!
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2010
Posts: 13431
Posted: #19

good luck bro .. you know Im tailing you on most of these lets get them
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2011
Posts: 2056
Posted: #20

I think im going to tail you train this year but instead of moneyline i may just take the points in each game instead. I know the payout is far less but still nice overall. Maybe we hit more by just taking the points?

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2004
Posts: 22791
Posted: #21

Wash St has a better chance to win than La Tech does in my opinion
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #22

Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

Wash St has a better chance to win than La Tech does in my opinion


I concur, but I like the home pup with a punchers chance.
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser78:

good luck bro .. you know Im tailing you on most of these lets get them


I never promise anything but to give it my best effort, so I hope some of these hit cuz its hard as hell to nail 1 dog on the ml, let alone 3 or 4. As long as they are kept minimal amount wagers, they are no problem and its fun



 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by jaime2309:

I think im going to tail you train this year but instead of moneyline i may just take the points in each game instead. I know the payout is far less but still nice overall. Maybe we hit more by just taking the points?



Of course theres a better chance, thus the 12-1 instead of 195-1....


bol
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2002
Posts: 46094
Posted: #25

Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

I thought I was the only one who had three legged pants

As far as the ML parlays, I love playing them, not nearly as successful as you have been, but they are fun, and I usually hit one or two a year,  Last season i hit a 3 team underdog ML parlay. I like getting the odds, and like you said, its for enjoyment. Best of luck this season



tideman
< Page of 3 > >>
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View