Would conservatives prefer a single payer health care system?

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 960
Posts: 29
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2002
Posts: 67006
#1 Report User
Posted:

Since conservatives are so convinced that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional, would conservatives prefer a single payer system since that would be constitutional?

The Supreme Court judgment coming down seems to be a "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it" scenario.  I predict if it's struck down we'll see a single payer medicare for all type system within the next few years.


 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2006
Posts: 15432
#2 Report User
Posted:

I cannot speak for conservatives, but what kinda asshole would prefer Bamacare over Single Payer? Bamacare is the absolute worst idea they could come up with, so thats what they gave us

I told you in the other thread, and you didn't acknowledge, that you are confused to think that the democrats would work to give us Single Payer over Obamacare. Remember, with a dem congress and president, they still passed on Single Payer

Obama was for Single Payer, before he was against it (and his paymasters told him what to do and how much he will profit

and Queen Nancy, the face of the democrat party, was whoring herself off to the insurance lobby highest bidders, letting them know that she would cock block single payer and assure that the rent seeking bastards got their bill

link

link


 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2006
Posts: 15432
#3 Report User
Posted:

+ pelosi held a high price dinner (30k+) per plate, just before the bill was submitted, and dontcha know, after some visits and gifts from the health insurance lobby, she came out swinging against single payer, and for Obamacare

democrats

always looking out for the rent-seekers
 
Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2004
Posts: 14778
#4 Report User
Posted:

Well, the Republicans were for a mandate before they were against it.

I'm interested to see why you favor a single payor system so much over ObamaCare.

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2002
Posts: 67006
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by be easy:

I cannot speak for conservatives, but what kinda asshole would prefer Bamacare over Single Payer? Bamacare is the absolute worst idea they could come up with, so thats what they gave us

I told you in the other thread, and you didn't acknowledge, that you are confused to think that the democrats would work to give us Single Payer over Obamacare. Remember, with a dem congress and president, they still passed on Single Payer

Obama was for Single Payer, before he was against it (and his paymasters told him what to do and how much he will profit

and Queen Nancy, the face of the democrat party, was whoring herself off to the insurance lobby highest bidders, letting them know that she would cock block single payer and assure that the rent seeking bastards got their bill

link

link




The Dems passed on single payer in the spirit of compromise knowing that the individual mandate was a long-held Republican idea.
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2007
Posts: 438
#6 Report User
Posted:

If we could get a single payer system it would do wonders for the economy. It would make people mobile again. Current prices absolutely lock most people into their job if it provides health bennies.
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2007
Posts: 438
#7 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by be easy:

+ pelosi held a high price dinner (30k+) per plate, just before the bill was submitted, and dontcha know, after some visits and gifts from the health insurance lobby, she came out swinging against single payer, and for Obamacare

democrats

always looking out for the rent-seekers

 

 

Wow.

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by be easy:

I cannot speak for conservatives, but what kinda asshole would prefer Bamacare over Single Payer? Bamacare is the absolute worst idea they could come up with, so thats what they gave us

I told you in the other thread, and you didn't acknowledge, that you are confused to think that the democrats would work to give us Single Payer over Obamacare. Remember, with a dem congress and president, they still passed on Single Payer

Obama was for Single Payer, before he was against it (and his paymasters told him what to do and how much he will profit

and Queen Nancy, the face of the democrat party, was whoring herself off to the insurance lobby highest bidders, letting them know that she would cock block single payer and assure that the rent seeking bastards got their bill

link

link




since you are not speaking for conservatives, lets simply hear your personal opinion on a Single Payer Health Care System
 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2006
Posts: 15432
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:



The Dems passed on single payer in the spirit of compromise knowing that the individual mandate was a long-held Republican idea.



 
Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2005
Posts: 66698
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:



The Dems passed on single payer in the spirit of compromise knowing that the individual mandate was a long-held Republican idea.


compromising my tax dollars and my liberties so they can buy votes...politely speaking, no fucking way

none of any of the government involvement in health care or insurance is constitutional in any way shape or form
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2006
Posts: 13126
#11 Report User
Posted:

the goverment should not be involved in healthcare.

Open up state lines so insurance companies do not have a monopoly and then the public can let companies compete for their business.

In the end the cost shift of insurance will always exist.

Either we pay into it like we do now or the feds will offer subsidies. Both come from the same pockets (the public and private corps)

 

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2007
Posts: 30860
#12 Report User
Posted:

I'm all for if a single payer system ..means every single person pays for their own Ins...

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#13 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by dl36:



since you are not speaking for conservatives, lets simply hear your personal opinion on a Single Payer Health Care System


beeasy still interested in your personal view on the topic....

The "conservative" is so elementary that anyone can logically figure it out...

"Against anything that Obama/dems propose with out supporting any solution"

just like

Voting for anyone but Obama with out supporting any candidate of their own as a solution"

 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2006
Posts: 15432
#14 Report User
Posted:

dl, the question was posed as either choice a or b.

knowing what we know now about Obamacare, i would have said i prefer Anything But Obamacare, however there are plenty of reasons to prefer SP over ACA,,,,,primarily being that i am no fan of fascism

I saw djbrow pose the same question, but he is already on record here as saying that he believes ACA to be fascist AND he still is a fan
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#15 Report User
Posted:

no the queston I am asking is not about Obama... obama bashers/bitchers/reactors focus on that because they lack any real vision of solutions...



I ask you specifically because I am assuming that you have the ability to transcend the partisan lemming stance... but perhaps I am incorrect in my assumption...

my question  again is...  whats your opinion of a single payer health care system?
 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2006
Posts: 15432
#16 Report User
Posted:

whats your opinion of a single payer health care system?

I would prefer it over Obamacare

not sure what you want me to say, that is such a broad question, all 'single payers' are not created equal, and i have commented plenty on the matter of health care, and my opinions


 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#17 Report User
Posted:

Do you see single payer health care system as a good thing?

Do you think the current structure of health care is working?

Do you have a better solution?

I have heard alot of talk about this lately amongst medical professionals and how it will effect us, so I am some what familiar with the topic...
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2007
Posts: 10906
#18 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

I'm all for if a single payer system ..means every single person pays for their own Ins...

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2007
Posts: 10906
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by KOAJ:



compromising my tax dollars and my liberties so they can buy votes...politely speaking, no fucking way

none of any of the government involvement in health care or insurance is constitutional in any way shape or form
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2008
Posts: 7507
#20 Report User
Posted:

The 2012 Supreme Court must determine whether the Founders had any intention of mandating the behavior of private enterprises and individuals.

 

Definitely not.

 

            Our nation was founded on the Declaration of

             Independence 

 

 

            Freedom of choice and a free market are at the core of 

            of our nation's soul.

 

The prospect of having an unelected panel of bureaucrats determining fundamental decisions about our individual health care is perhaps the most personal and intimate intrusion into our lives.

 

Never before has Congress required that everyone buy a product from a private company just for being alive and residing in the United States.

 

To Obama and his socialists’ minions: “Stay the hell out of our personal lives, and for Christ’s sake, stay out of the solar energy business.”

 

Leave that to our entrepreneurs whom you’ve alienated with you envy and class warfare rhetoric.

 

The Typical White Person.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2006
Posts: 13126
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

Do you see single payer health care system as a good thing?

Do you think the current structure of health care is working?

Do you have a better solution?

I have heard alot of talk about this lately amongst medical professionals and how it will effect us, so I am some what familiar with the topic...

dl

I would be curious to know your answers to the above based on what knowledge you have garnered from the medical professionals.

but will you be providing your opinion or their opinion?

either way I would be interested in knowing

Thanks man

Happy Friday

 

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#22 Report User
Posted:

Sure thing lordpoint...

A discussion about the issues is what I am all for... and against cut/paste, partisan propaganda parroting...

What i have heard is that some type of single payer system is inevitable...  So whether or not obama care passes is not even the issue, the current system is broken and reform is needed and on its way...

so the reaction of antiobama pseudo-conservatives/pseudo-constituionalists might look like good sayings and slogans to be plastered on sarah palin's RV....   

So things that happen in terms of reimbursment rates right now are huge as even if obama care does not pass the eventual medicare/medicaid will be absorbed under a single payer and there will be some form of universal health care similar to some countries in europe where there are also private insurance options...

The ripple effect of these negotiations will have a huge effect on how health care is delivered and by who and what price...  So I think that no one knows exactly what will happen so the thought by many is to play your cards the best you can considering changes rather then taking extreme stances on things that no one completely knows or understands... It is absolutely scary to me some of the perceptions on this very important issue
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2003
Posts: 27850
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by glenndef62:

The 2012 Supreme Court must determine whether the Founders had any intention of mandating the behavior of private enterprises and individuals.

 

Definitely not.

 

            Our nation was founded on the Declaration of

             Independence 

 

 

            Freedom of choice and a free market are at the core of 

            of our nation's soul.

 

The prospect of having an unelected panel of bureaucrats determining fundamental decisions about our individual health care is perhaps the most personal and intimate intrusion into our lives.

 

Never before has Congress required that everyone buy a product from a private company just for being alive and residing in the United States.

 

To Obama and his socialists’ minions: “Stay the hell out of our personal lives, and for Christ’s sake, stay out of the solar energy business.”

 

Leave that to our entrepreneurs whom you’ve alienated with you envy and class warfare rhetoric.

 

The Typical White Person.



Lets break down some simple reality....

Are there more people on welfare that are White then any other race?  Game

Will there be more people on any race that will cashing in on their free health care then White People? Set

Will there be any other race of people that will eat up more government money then White people?  Match

White people are the biggest burden on this country...  not focusing on them would be like a state on the mexican border focusing on all illegals from africa, asia and europe and claim there is no reason to focus on the mexicans/south americans that are entering or country on a daily basis

Spinning this into a racial issue sounds like what Obama or even worse al sharpton would be doing... and you sound as ignorant as the company you seem to be associated with your race baiting

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2006
Posts: 7937
#24 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

Sure thing lordpoint...

A discussion about the issues is what I am all for... and against cut/paste, partisan propaganda parroting...

What i have heard is that some type of single payer system is inevitable...  So whether or not obama care passes is not even the issue, the current system is broken and reform is needed and on its way...

so the reaction of antiobama pseudo-conservatives/pseudo-constituionalists might look like good sayings and slogans to be plastered on sarah palin's RV....   

So things that happen in terms of reimbursment rates right now are huge as even if obama care does not pass the eventual medicare/medicaid will be absorbed under a single payer and there will be some form of universal health care similar to some countries in europe where there are also private insurance options...

The ripple effect of these negotiations will have a huge effect on how health care is delivered and by who and what price...  So I think that no one knows exactly what will happen so the thought by many is to play your cards the best you can considering changes rather then taking extreme stances on things that no one completely knows or understands... It is absolutely scary to me some of the perceptions on this very important issue

Good post dl 
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 13202
#25 Report User
Posted:

GOP is very busy shouting down obamacare which is all well and good but where is their solution, as much as obamacare has faults, at least the dems recognized the present system is unworkable and tried to fix it
First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View