dunk contest idea

byrd_shot
Prospect Participation Meter
Prospect Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #1
Since the stars dont want to play in the dunk contest nike, reebok, and adidas should start making contracts that require the player to participate to get extra bonus money.
Bobbys_pregame
Veteran Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #2
are the stars ego's really that high that they choose not to be in the dunk contest as it may mean they don't win it?

Don't wanna sound racist here but it just seems most of these players are too busy acting cool with the rap artists rather than just letting themselves go in the moment.

onTHEfritz
Rookie Participation Meter
Rookie Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #3
That's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.  So if I'm a big wig at Adidas and just invested 250 million large on Derrick Rose, you want me to make him contractually obligated to participate in something that he could get injured in? When there is no real advantage for them being in it in the first place...
Bobbys_pregame
Posted:
Quote #4
QUOTE Originally Posted by onTHEfritz:
That's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.  So if I'm a big wig at Adidas and just invested 250 million large on Derrick Rose, you want me to make him contractually obligated to participate in something that he could get injured in? When there is no real advantage for them being in it in the first place...

name one single player in it's history that has ever been injured in the dunk contest?

Wouldn't it be advertisement for them having their shoes plastered on billboards for the next 5 years with a Rose snapshot flying in the air?

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View