Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance..

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 960

Captain
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

He'll be lucky if he finished third overall..

Hopefully all of this RP hysteria is over soon

Right now he stands at 4th in the marist poll for potential Florida voters..

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Stiln, you are probably right.  But what about Ron Paul turns you off?  This is the most important things that he stands for:

He wants to restore the rights that have been taken away from Americans.

He doesn't want to get us involved in another Middle East war.  We are broke and wars cost us lives and money.  Most soldiers and vets overwhelmingly support Ron Paul compared to the other canidates.

He wants to cut a TRILLION DOLLARS from the budget.

He wants to find out what's really going on at the Federal Reserve.

Are those such bad positions?

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

promark,

You ever hear of shell games?

That is RP's campaign and strategy..shift responsibility from one side of the room to the other and call it change.

I call it horsesh!t.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

I strongly disagree WS, if anything, this is probably the start of the third party which will be made up of people sick and tired to Republicans and Democrats

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by promark12:

I strongly disagree WS, if anything, this is probably the start of the third party which will be made up of people sick and tired to Republicans and Democrats

thank you

Captain
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by KOAJ:

thank you

for what pointing out that he has a bit of a larger group than ralph nader supporting him?

All-Star
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Shell games or not, he couldn't be any worse than any politicianI can recall in contemporary time. He's got my vote here in California, despite full well knowing that he'll never carry the state.

Two party system

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by promark12:

Shifting federal actions to the state is actually worse, so I agree with my underestimating how awful of an idea he forwards.

Captain
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Shifting federal actions to the state is actually worse

Just stop already, some clown might actually believe you 

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:

Shifting federal actions to the state is actually worse

Just stop already, some clown might actually believe you 

Ok..I am more than willing to address the issue so here goes.

I've probably asked this question 10 times and nobody has an answer..lets ask it again.

Which state has a long term track record of performing a federal function BETTER, which means more efficient, cost effective and a net benefit to the citizen?

Find one..now find 5, now find 10, now find 20, now find 50.

You are asking for the federal government to not perform certain functions because it fails to do so in a way which the state can, so tell me with proof what state performs functions better.

I am seriously waiting..while you make sarcastic comments I will wait for an answer.

The question is serious..it is one that RP should have ANSWERS to..he does not have answers. He knows a bunch of people are pissed off at the government so he floats general ideas with ZERO depth to them..NONE..RP has nothing to back up his entire platform.

Where it is actually worse is this..when you shift responsibilities from one party to another, (especially when one is not more efficient) there is always additional loss on aside from the fact that the party is not capable in the first place. So not only are things not improving, they get worse.

Captain
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Is this a joke Wall?

Which state has a long term track record of performing a federal function BETTER, which means more efficient, cost effective and a net benefit to the citizen?

Are you High?

You actually believe that a state or local govt. is less efficient and cost effective than the monstrosity in DC that you worship?

Again ARE YOU HIGH?

Captain
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

State and local governments have proven throughout the years over and over again to spend more efficiently when it comes to their own citizens.   

Taxpayers want to see the results of their money hard at work.  

State and local governments tend to create programs that benefit the people and the budget in that given community which improves upon government efficiency

Do I have to remind you that the Welfare reform movement started at the state level? And still continues today? 

The product of your theory and ideas on Federal power have led this country to where it is today. Your Federal Power ideas have only resulted in epic waste, epic inefficiency, and epic duplication of efforts of things the states and locals are already doing.

Captain
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

You also can experiment to some degree with what works at the state level. Implementation is much easier and less costly. And through that experimentation or whatever you want to call it, you can find out what public policy works and what doesn't.

How immigration enforcement? How is that Federal Responsibility going? 

How about he Dept. of Education, how is that Federal Responsibility working out? 

EPA    There is a great case out in Oregon about the EPA holding up construction on some land they declared as wetlands, yet there is nothing wet about them, and the local govt is trying to develop the area.  How is that Federal Power going?

Are food stamps administered at the state level?  Booming success there

Captain
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

How can you get made at me for saying you are statist? 

To be continued

Captain
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Where it is actually worse is this..when you shift responsibilities from one party to another, (especially when one is not more efficient) there is always additional loss on aside from the fact that the party is not capable in the first place. So not only are things not improving, they get worse.

Have you ever ran a business Wall? I think you have. Maybe a bad analogy. Here's a better one. Have you ever been in a leadership role in any capacity?  Have you ever had to make decisions that will benefit many if not most,  but possibly will affect others negatively in the process?  

Its disturbing that you think this way. It really is. You have set up the situation to be completely intractable. Stuck in the shit forever so to speak. What you want to happen isn't possible. You want perfection, in a miserably imperfect process. Such is life. 

This philosophy would allow everyone else to rot, at the expense of a tiny minority that is already in the toilet. 

Pure madness is what that is. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Wow nice spazz attack there tilt..

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:

Is this a joke Wall?

Are you High?

You actually believe that a state or local govt. is less efficient and cost effective than the monstrosity in DC that you worship?

Again ARE YOU HIGH?

I asked a question, you ask me if I am high..

You arent answering the question.

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Tilt..

I am not interested in generalizations, if someone (RP) is forming most of his entire platform on the concept that the states can do a better job, then I want PROOF that states can do a better job.

Find me ONE...now find me FIVE..now 10, 20,50..

Proof is easy, stats are easy to find.

You know why the FEDs get into this position? (I am sure the typical reply will follow) 

States do not perform their function properly, citizens protest to the Federal government when the states fail..states have issues with other states so they hit the up the FEDS..things get into the court system and it brings the FEDS into the mess. 

If you trace back to the beginning of this country, the Federal government is forced to get involved when states do not perform, or their performance is unacceptable or abusive to their citizens.

Now before you hit into tangent overdrive, which state is prepared based on performance and effectiveness over a long period of time to do a BETTER job than the federal government?

How much time and effort has RP put into actually proving his generalizations? That would be his political death so of course he has done none of such remedial tasks.

Legend
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Didn't Romneycare the template for Obamacare start at the State level ?

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

Didn't Romneycare the template for Obamacare start at the State level ?

Two questions..

How long is this example? Does it still exist?

Say it was a 50 yr example and it was awesome, so that is one..where are the rest?

How is the Wisky welfare miracle plan panning out longer term?

Legend
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Montana and North Dakota reported surpluses for 2011....they have to be doing something right ...

Legend
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Maybe we should start running the US Government like a ranch ....

Prospect
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

I always chuckle when I see people trying to belittle Ron Paul supporters by making threads like these....

Ok, maybe he doesn't have a chance...so what? You act so happy he doesn't have a chance at getting elected so Obama or Newt or Romney will get elected will actually change something? I never get these posts because when people attack Ron Paul, it just shows they don't understand the message.

Ron Paul may be an imperfect messenger, but his message is perfect.

Captain
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGenius:

I always chuckle when I see people trying to belittle Ron Paul supporters by making threads like these....

Ok, maybe he doesn't have a chance...so what? You act so happy he doesn't have a chance at getting elected so Obama or Newt or Romney will get elected will actually change something? I never get these posts because when people attack Ron Paul, it just shows they don't understand the message.

Ron Paul may be an imperfect messenger, but his message is perfect.

The point of this thread was just to make clear that he's 4th overall according to the marist poll.

I want to give Obama another chance to finish this horrible mess that was started back in the W's days..

One term proves jack shit.. In fact I don't know if 2 terms will but hopefully by then the US is on the right track.

An imperfect messenger but a perfect message? That's some pathetic cliche that doesn't delve into any substance of how RP's policies will work..

Legend
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Snoop Dogg has endorsed Ron Paul for President on Facebook ...Fo Shizzle ..

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View