View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

Worst NFL bad beats of 2011

Participants:
<< < Page of 4 >
Views: 9991
<< < Page of 4 >

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #76

Georgia Tech vs. NC State hands down the worst beat of the season in college football!!!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #77

There's a difference between bad beats and a bad bet. A lot of you here don't know the difference.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #78

Quote Originally Posted by nbpayton:

JacksonVille/Cincy Game Week#5 Spread Cincy-1.5 I had Jacksonville +7.5 in teaser

I had Jacksonville to cloase out to team 6 pt teaser. They were up 20-16 with 8:24 left. Cincy took the lead 23-20 with 1:56 left. Jacksonville rcvd the punt ran two plays and fumbled on 3rd down with 1:16 left. Cincy got the ball back ran straight up the middle 4 times and turned the ball over to Jacsonville with 7 seconds left. So I get the ball back with 7 seconds on the 14yd line. Below is what then happened, and realize all this needed to happen for me to lose. I've watched football a long time and can't remember a team throwing back 37 yds on the last play.

1-10-JAC 14 (:07) (Shotgun) 11-B.Gabbert pass short right to 83-J.Hill to JAC 27 for 13 yards. Lateral to 80-M.Thomas to JAC 34 for 7 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by JAC-32-M.Jones-Drew at JAC 37. 32-M.Jones-Drew to JAC 36 for -1 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by JAC-87-J.Dillard at JAC 21. 87-J.Dillard to JAC 13 for -8 yards. Lateral to 11-B.Gabbert to JAC 12 for -1 yards (27-G.Wilson). FUMBLES (27-G.Wilson), RECOVERED by CIN-97-G.Atkins at JAC 10. 97-G.Atkins for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

OUCH!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #79

Ravens -16.5 last week against the Colts.  Dominated the game, but didn't put them away.  The Colts were down 24-3 late and I felt sure the Ravens wouldn't let them score.  Well, the Colts score on the last play of the game to finish the score at 24-10.  I was shocked!!

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #80

Try this for a definition....

"A freakish individual event or sequence of events extremely late in a contest that, through no fault of the bettor, leads to a loss on an apparent dead cert win (frequently the changed outcome is absolutely of no consequence to anyone except Covers degenerate bettors)"

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #81

Bears vs Panthers and I am surprised nobody had mentioned it yet.

Bear were anywhere from -6.5 to 7 in this game

Bears get a miraculous touchdown trying to run out the clock with a little over a minute left thanks to a long Forte run, and then Barber plunges it in. This put the Bears up 34-23 and now covering. Well what happens? Cam Newton takes the Panthers all the way down field, and on the very last play Carolina could run he throws a touchdown pass with 4 seconds left on a 4th and 1. 34-29 Bears win but don't cover.

Let's just say Newton owes me some point spread covers down the road.

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #82

Not freaky enough.  Oral Roberts at Arkansas is an example of a bad beat - NCAABB.  I had Ark for game.  With four seconds left they led by 2 and had possession.  In that time they just needed to hold the ball and invite a foul.  They managed to turn it over, foul, Oral shot both free throws, Ark turned it over AGAIN and Oral hit a three-quarter buzzer-beater shot to win by 3.

Now that's a bad beat....

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #83

There hasnt been many NFL bad beats or  that I can think of. Been a few in the college games but even those were minor from what I can remember reading on the board. In all the faves won at a high rate this year. The top 10 in college were all undefeated well into October.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #84

kc  beat gb today!!!!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #85

Mine was Colts vs Texans early in season.I had a da nuts wager..whole bankroll on Texans and over for game 2game par..I was trying to win a quick lick...All i needed was a fcking Td by somebody to go OVER 2nd half...didnt happen.Got in huge fight with woman bc I went ballistic..it was sick and lonely feeling..i won 5 weeks straight aft taking a couple weeks off.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #86

Yesterday, TJ Yates threw a pick in the endzone to ruin my over. Then the Panthers managed to take 7 plus minutes up off the clock without scoring to end the game.

<< < Page of 4 >
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View