Worst NFL bad beats of 2011

First << 2 of 4 >> Last
Views: 9967

Prospect
Participation Meter
#26 Report User
Posted:

Dallas -4 Vs. Ari

this is easy, Dallas Vs. Ari overtime, guy gets tackled at the 1 because he is an idiot, so they kick i field goal and i lose 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#27 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYAAAA1969:

GT - 11  vs NCST    GT up by 24 w/ 1 min left ... Nc st scores, GT up 17 recovers the on side kick w 39 seconds...GT runs a play fumble NCST runs it back and behold ...THEY BLOW THE COVER

Without a doubt, this was the worst bad beat for me in YEARS.
I didn't bet on the Maryland/NC State game where the Terps blew that big lead, but the way GTech blew this game was RIDICULOUS. I almost chucked my iPad off the train when i saw that idiot Paul Johnson call for a run play there.
Damnit, I'm mad all over again.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#28 Report User
Posted:

How about The Cowboys - 49ers game? dallas was -3, they rally to force OT, then Romo finds a wide-open WR for what should be a game-clinching -- and Cover-clinching -- TD. but the idiot starts celebrating at the 5 and gets caught from behind by a safety at the 1. Dallas kicks a FG, and pushes.
Not the worst, but seeing how close he was to score, it pretty damn frustrating.

Captain
Participation Meter
#29 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by fsumavila:

How about The Cowboys - 49ers game? dallas was -3, they rally to force OT, then Romo finds a wide-open WR for what should be a game-clinching -- and Cover-clinching -- TD. but the idiot starts celebrating at the 5 and gets caught from behind by a safety at the 1. Dallas kicks a FG, and pushes.
Not the worst, but seeing how close he was to score, it pretty damn frustrating.

aH...we bet the same games...The assclown dalls coach kicks the field goal on 1st Down....

Prospect
Participation Meter
#30 Report User
Posted:

it was vs the niners week 2

I have 2 

1. Tampa +8.5 vs the Saints. The Saints are up by 8 and its 4th and inches and near the Saints red zone with under 2 mins left, the Saints line up like they are going for it they come they are going to go for it and close out the game because the Bucs had no timeouts. They try and draw the bucs offside dosent work they call a time out and kick a fg and win by 11

2. Saints @ Falcons four words

MIKE SMITH FOURTH DOWN

Prospect
Participation Meter
#31 Report User
Posted:

Each week I throw $10 in a pool with a bunch of tradesman. All you do is pick the winner of each game and the person with the least amount of losses wins the entire pot, If more than one person has the same amount of losses, they pick points on MNF and closest to the point total wins. Each week just over 100 people play.

Anyways, week 12 I’m rolling and the only loss I have is St. Louis losing to Arizona. Well, my only other loss ends up being the DEN/SD game where I chose SD. I don’t know if I should be more mad at SD’s kicker who missed multiple FGs, Norv Turner for his horrible clock management at the end of the game, or Tim F***** Tebow for leading his team to victory … Had SD not choked, I would have been tied and went into a points battle with 4 other guys. The beat wouldn’t have been so bad, but I found out that my point total was the closest, so had SD pulled it out, I would’ve won $1,000!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#32 Report User
Posted:

Mine was easily Packers @ Bears (+3.5).  Pack up 10 and punting with under 2 minutes to go.  The Bears pull off one of the greatest fakes I have ever seen with Hester faking the fair catch on the opposite side of the field while Johnny Knox catches it on the other side of the field and returns it for the TD and the cover....right?...wrong.  As soon as the Ref sees Knox catch the ball all alone he throws the flag for an illegal block. Every replay shown showed no such penalty.  So they rekick and Bears lose by 10.  

This game was the most blatant example of how refs control the outcome of a game.  I am guessing he had a nice chunk on the Pack.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#33 Report User
Posted:

Anyways, week 12 I’m rolling and the only loss I have is St. Louis losing to Arizona. }}

I was gonna use that as my entry into this game   Have rams at pick or -1, their excellent kicker misses game winner at buzzer from the 30 or 40  and az runs kickoff back for td in OT

Rookie
Participation Meter
#34 Report User
Posted:

THIS IS YOUR WINNER......for Worst Beat.................

Houston  Jacksonville   week 12.... Nov. 27.......Over Under is 37......my big bet of the year is OVER...one of those gut feelings everyone gets once in a while.....a great feeling.......so great I put up my remaining bankroll of about 250.00.....plus basically......my next pay check....750.00.....So....I have more or less a Grand on this game........I tell myself I'm kind of tired of all this handicapping crap anyway....I figure get it over with.... get this one large and I'm done for a while.....just get his one and lay off the betting ....concentrate on my family and Christmas......And so............. just as my gut tells me.....The two teams score 30 points before half time............that's 30 points at half time.........I'm right.....I feel great.....I kiss my  wife....crack a beer.........she's getting a little fed up with this betting crap..... more the time I'm involved with it than anything....  but she's been really  great about it...she cracks a beer.... she is really happy for me....for us.....(of course I tell her I only put 100 on the game which is about her limit of tolerance....I don't tell her I put up a thousand dollars on this pick....., I mean, there is no way I tell her I put a grand on this game)..... I pick up my baby girl ....my 3 year old.... and say it will be a great Christmas......Santa is coming.........I feel great......this is one of those "Locks" that comes through once in a great while...one a regular hard luck player deserves..........my little girl looks so happy, her big dark eyes so trusting...........and then,  well........................and then the lowest  2nd half score of the year happens.........................3...............3 points in the 2nd half............the total ends at  33.......................that is sick.........stupid..........dumb......I can't think.........I think well.......I have my wife......I have my baby girl.........and if we are to be a family they will have to forgive me......I tell my wife what I did, the money I put on it..........I mean it's pretty plain what happened,  she should understand a bad beat for gods-sake....................Well.................I can't really go into the rest of it after that in detail.........................My wife won't talk to me.....I'm staying at my brothers and Christmas is really going to be screwed up......I mean, she better let me see my baby girl............I mean why should that have anything to do with my gambling on a sure thing....????..........................

Rookie
Participation Meter
#35 Report User
Posted:

Saw a few other CFB posts so I'll share this one....

11/19/11: LSU vs Ole Miss

Bet

LSU TeamTotal o18.5 2nd Half. 

Situation

LSU had scored 17 points already in the 2nd Half, any score wins it for me. LSU runs a trick play from the 40-yard line to set up 1st & Goal from the 1-yard line with over 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter (the play leading to 1st and Goal was called short on the field but the replay showed it was a clear touchdown, however it was not reviewed, this isn't the worst part) Les Miles proceeds to intentionally kneel the ball 4 consecutive times from the 1-yard line with over 5 minutes left and turn the ball over on downs. Never have I seen anything like this in my life, even the announcers were speechless. 

Worst beat of my career that I can recall. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#36 Report User
Posted:

great post, little voice. i feel you.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#37 Report User
Posted:

Damn, some tough beats in the above posts. The GT/NC St game is a classic and the SC intentional safety against Miss St was brutal.  Little voice I had the under in that Jac/Hous game so for every bad beat there's a lucky miracle winner.

Here's my bad beat: KC @ NE in week 11 on MNF. Need KC   +24 1/2 for a nice teaser parlay. Pats up 27-3 late in 4th Q (I'm winning by 1/2 point). KC drives to NE 30 yd line but Palco throws 3 incomplete passes in a row and they turn the ball over on downs. NE drives into KC territory and they can run out the clock but KC coach uses all 3 of his timeouts to stop the clock 3 times. This pisses NE coach Belicheck off, so instead of Brady taking a knee and running out clock they keep driving for the endzone. Brady throws a 1 yd TD on 3rd down from the 1 but wait! Penalty on NE nullifies TD and moves the ball back to the 6 yd line. Replay 3rd down. Handoff to running back who goes out of bounds at the 4 but stops the clock. On 4th down they run the ball around the end and score a meaningless TD. All because the KC coach used all his timeouts to extend a game that was over and Belicheck wanted to punish him. Fuckers........... 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#38 Report User
Posted:

I'll give you a hpenomenal example because I am still thinking of these two bets a month later because I am just now going to pay the piper tomorrow.

Jets Broncos - Took a live bet when tebow is 3rd down and 15 on his own 30, looking like shit, like he had all game. The bet was jets - 120 to win the game. We know what happened next...tebow completes a barely catchable ball which has to be reviewed, converts the first down and scored a td. I'm out 2,500 on that one

Next night. Oklahoma St has just let Iowa tie the game. have a sad drive and end up punting I believe.  At that moment the live bet was oklahoma st -170. This is a team that when the live betting started was -3900 (sick). After literally calling a pick in front of a group of people watching the game who seemed to be amazed by my foresight, the best field goal kicker in the league misses a 35 yarder i believe it was. we all know what happened next. 2,700 dollars later.

if we wanted to trail through my whole year i could go on forever. just as a quick example the toronto blue jays up by 4 and loading the bases, walk in one, and then the walk off grand slam. I think I almost puked there because it was a not only a large bet but also part of a mega parlay which was the only game not to hit.

Just as a final note I hope we can remember mario chalmers going on a run of hitting half court buzzer beaters to ruin half time spreads...i will forever hate him

think i touched on the sports that matter...can't think of any ncaab right now and i don't like recalling these horrible memories. I'm  sure I'll have an ugly beat by the end of this year.  

Take care all, what goes around comes around, especially $. I may have some ugly beats but its the legendary wins that keep you hungry for more 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#39 Report User
Posted:

Hmm, forgot which week, but had a 5 teamer alive for about 2 grand, had the over 43.5 on minny and arizona, they score like 31 first half or something, then total stayed at 43 forever, freakin cards had like two chances in the red zone i think. Either way, that one stings and still havent hit anything big since

Veteran
Participation Meter
#40 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore:

Week 11 Detroit 49 Carolina 35

Carolina getting 7 points up 24-7 only to see Detroit storm back and score 14 points with 2 minutes left to end up covering.

rough one for sure...i had Det so i was stoked

Veteran
Participation Meter
#41 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by willdog40:

Halloween Night , 

San Diego , when they were in position to win and bettors getting a WIN or PUSH , depends on their line.Rivers fumbling the snap ,and the Broncos go into OT and WIN the game,

This would be a BAD BEAT

Truly..we just got done trick or treating at a friends house and had $$ on KC pts and ML...didn't watch much of the game until the last 5 mins...and when SD was in FG range i kissed my $$$ goodbye...listened to OT on the drive home and couldn't believe i won...never count a chick before it hatchs in sports...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#42 Report User
Posted:

my worst was just last weekend...and just last night while walking the dogs i was thinking about it.

had 2 x 13 pt teasers equaling almost 1K w/ Pats -7 ...leave the house w/ Pats up 31-3...(again thinking...this one is done)...come home and saw the final and shit my pants...of course every other play hit on the teasers...unbelievable. took what would have been a monster Sun to just a +$56 day. uggg....

Veteran
Participation Meter
#43 Report User
Posted:

[Quote:

Take care all, what goes around comes around, especially $. I may have some ugly beats but its the legendary wins that keep you hungry for more 
[/Quote]

Sad but incredibly true...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#44 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by littlevoice:

....my little girl looks so happy, her big dark eyes so trusting...........and then,  well........................and then the lowest  2nd half score of the year happens.........................3...............3 points in the 2nd half............the total ends at  33.......................that is sick.........stupid..........dumb......I can't think.........I think well.......I have my wife......I have my baby girl.........and if we are to be a family they will have to forgive me......I tell my wife what I did, the money I put on it..........I mean it's pretty plain what happened,  she should understand a bad beat for gods-sake....................Well.................I can't really go into the rest of it after that in detail.........................My wife won't talk to me.....I'm staying at my brothers and Christmas is really going to be screwed up......I mean, she better let me see my baby girl............I mean why should that have anything to do with my gambling on a sure thing....????..........................

so very sad to hear this one becuase of the kid...

SB w/ Indy vs NO... i had over 5K on Indy...ML and ATS on my book only...i was up 3K and the other 2 was the local 'credit'... and i have my buddy a dime on sat when he went to vegas...texted him to play a early NHL game...hit that...told him to roll it over and play another...won that one barely in OT or a SO...then next day i told him "all on indy ML"...after contemplating a NO hedge for like 12 hours...

not a bad beat but devestating because i watched that w/ my then 2 yr old son and was flipping out yelling and cursing until i realized the game was out of hand and turned it off...honestly...this was the first and ever time i cried over a loss...because of son and what i could've done for him w/ the money...and for seeing me act that way...being short w/ him when i wanted to play and brushing him off... thinking about it still upsets me...not the loss but what happened to me emotionally.

hang in there bro...i wish the best for you and yours

Veteran
Participation Meter
#45 Report User
Posted:

Houston  Jacksonville   week 12.... Nov. 27.......Over Under is 37......my big bet of the year is OVER...one of those gut feelings everyone gets once in a while.....a great feeling.......so great I put up my remaining bankroll of about 250.00.....plus basically......my next pay check....750.00.....So....I have more or less a Grand on this game........I tell }}

little voice ...that has to be one of the best posts I've seen yet on covers I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Veteran
Participation Meter
#46 Report User
Posted:

The Saints NYG second half was classic-I lost on that too-Ingram only scored because there was a huge lane down the sidelines too-he would have laid down if someone was near him. I recall the Saints converted a 4th down on  that meaningless drive too...any other team would have kneeled-but the Saints just think they're so smart on offense...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#47 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by willdog40:

Halloween Night , 

San Diego , when they were in position to win and bettors getting a WIN or PUSH , depends on their line.Rivers fumbling the snap ,and the Broncos go into OT and WIN the game,

This would be a BAD BEAT

Just wanted to point out that the Chargers played my Chiefs that game...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#48 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYAAAA1969:

GT - 11  vs NCST    GT up by 24 w/ 1 min left ... Nc st scores, GT up 17 recovers the on side kick w 39 seconds...GT runs a play fumble NCST runs it back and behold ...THEY BLOW THE COVER

that tilted me so badly, although I pushed that game, I was like wtf are u doing, take a knee game over.

I think the worst nfl beat, although I didn't have money on it, was Tony Romo handing the Lions the game with 2 pick 6's after being up 27-3 and the Boys losing the game SU.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#49 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader4:

Damn, some tough beats in the above posts. The GT/NC St game is a classic and the SC intentional safety against Miss St was brutal.  Little voice I had the under in that Jac/Hous game so for every bad beat there's a lucky miracle winner.

Here's my bad beat: KC @ NE in week 11 on MNF. Need KC   +24 1/2 for a nice teaser parlay. Pats up 27-3 late in 4th Q (I'm winning by 1/2 point). KC drives to NE 30 yd line but Palco throws 3 incomplete passes in a row and they turn the ball over on downs. NE drives into KC territory and they can run out the clock but KC coach uses all 3 of his timeouts to stop the clock 3 times. This pisses NE coach Belicheck off, so instead of Brady taking a knee and running out clock they keep driving for the endzone. Brady throws a 1 yd TD on 3rd down from the 1 but wait! Penalty on NE nullifies TD and moves the ball back to the 6 yd line. Replay 3rd down. Handoff to running back who goes out of bounds at the 4 but stops the clock. On 4th down they run the ball around the end and score a meaningless TD. All because the KC coach used all his timeouts to extend a game that was over and Belicheck wanted to punish him. Fuckers........... 

heh, ya that was brutal, I had an alternate line for NE + money, so it was good for me.. they shouldn't have made BB mad and extended the game, he prolly had to go cut some sleeves off some hoodies or something.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#50 Report User
Posted:

none yet but sure ones comming
First << 2 of 4 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View