michael "turncoat" jordan : david stern's new lapdog

First Prev 2 of 2 Next Last
215Hustler
All-Star Participation Meter
All-Star Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #16
WOWWWW, this is crazy. Its business, JORDAN is not a player anymore, he did his time, played the game well also. The bottom is these players are getting too much money anyway, they dont have to prove themselves. If they want owner money, then become an owner, they are players, period. This is their job, and half of them dont play 100 percent. Im a fan of the NBA, I just dont like where its going.
bogaty
Banned Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #17
QUOTE Originally Posted by browndog:

MJ went from MJ the black cat to a guy who forgot he was a player. Sell your team if you can’t make a profit.. Your just a regular dude now!

"Micheal Fake Jordan is a sell out. #Period. He forgot which hole he came out of. I said it “Stephon X Marbury”

The venom players have directed at Michael Jordan and his role as a lockout hardliner continue. They are frustrated witha  guy that stays quiet in meetings then talks tough later. Nick Young said hewouldn’t wear Jordan-brand shoes any longer and question the GOAT.

who the hell is Nick Young? Jordan was 7 time all star in his age so can u tell me whos Nick Young and whats his achievement in this league so far??im afraid this guy doesnt even deserve to wear jordan shoes

senbet
Prospect Participation Meter
Prospect Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #18
Jordan is an owner now. I don't like what he did, but he's looking out for himself and his best interests now as an owner
Efini
Rookie Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #19
QUOTE Originally Posted by senbet:
Jordan is an owner now. I don't like what he did, but he's looking out for himself and his best interests now as an owner

Because Hanes underwear ads aint' paying the bills!! b-b-b-b-b-bills, b-b-b-b-b-b-bills!!!
browndog
Veteran Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #20

QUOTE Originally Posted by senbet:

well consider him a dipshit period he has screwed himself

jordan has done a major disservice to himself and his organisation because he is shortsighted

no agent will send his players to the bobcats nor will any decent player ever go there unless they are overrated and the bobcats will have to majorly overpay

maybe MJ can sign a free agent who is only worth 9 million per about 15 million

browndog
Posted:
Quote #21
D.Stern is a dumbass stupid terd whos reputation as a smart negotiator is fucking done  your reputation is shot  and we are missing basketball mainly because you got your cock  sucked by one to many greedy owners!

Stern had to offer such a lopsided deal because he did such a poor job selecting the league’s prospective owners over the last decade.

Of course, at the end of the day, Hunter and Stern are just lawyers  paid to represent the interests of people far more powerful than them. Once owners like Robert "tightarse" Sarver, Dan "crybaby" Gilbert and Michael "green" Jordan became involved in the NBA, the path to a year-long lockout might have been inevitable. Unfortunately, the actions of Hunter and Stern may have made that more, and not less, likely.

ninefine
Posted:
Quote #22
How would you like to own a business and take all the risk of it losing money yet have to pay out more than half of the revenue to your employees. I side with the owners here. If these players could make that kind of money else where they should go do it. Otherwise suck it up, take a little pay cut so the league can remain healthy and you don't have teams filing for bankruptcy because of greedy players. Michael is an owner now, he is not in the wrong with his current actions.
tito40
Hall of Fame Participation Meter
Hall of Fame Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #23
QUOTE Originally Posted by ninefine:
How would you like to own a business and take all the risk of it losing money yet have to pay out more than half of the revenue to your employees. I side with the owners here. If these players could make that kind of money else where they should go do it. Otherwise suck it up, take a little pay cut so the league can remain healthy and you don't have teams filing for bankruptcy because of greedy players. Michael is an owner now, he is not in the wrong with his current actions.

thats kinda what happens when you own a business...if u own it u own the inherent risk that it may not make money. you also have to pay your employees, and in this case, the employees are also the product
MarkDogg
Posted:
Quote #24
jordan is a BUSINESS man would done the same thing i still love mj bobcats been losing money for a minute now.
browndog
Posted:
Quote #25

get the deal done stern and stop cashing  headjobs your dick  cant pray for

you have got my hopes up again  for nba this season

Officials from the NBA will meet again with players on Friday after two days of talks, according to sources. The two sides are attempting to end the lockout and do so in a way to resume play on Christmas Day.

The two sides discussed a possible settlement of the players' recent antitrust lawsuits, which would eventually become an agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement. Because of pending litigation, these are no longer collective bargaining talks.

The NBPA decided to disband on November 14th, breaking off talks.

Derek Fisher didn't participate in talks, but could be a part of Friday's meeting.

“They felt they needed Derek there to continue,” one high-ranking league official told Yahoo! Sports.

Jeffrey Kessler, who was widely considered polarizing, has been removed from talks. Several ownership sources were enthusiastic about not having Kessler participating.

As one ownership source said recently, “Remember, the NFL got its deal done when [Kessler] finally was out of the room.”

When asked if the two sides had made much progress on a settlement to the lockout, the source said, “Not yet, no.”

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

JakeLake720
Posted:
Quote #26
No one cares..millionaires and billionaires..You think either side cares about the vendors that have lost their jobs during this lockout? No..
mylife23
Posted:
Quote #27
QUOTE Originally Posted by wickedj:
Weird.  Jordan, who played for A LOT money than he could have made less than 94 million is 15 seasons.   And 30 million of that came his last year in Chicago.  So think about it, how is he being greedy again?  There are ass clown like Rashard Lewis who are getting 90 for 5 years and he's a scrub.  Joe Johnson is going to approach 200 million when he's done.  But your right, he's a sellout because only 8 teams made a profit last year and the NBA has been losing money.  I tend to think your ass clowns don't have a clue what's REALLY going on.

Yea go back and look at the money Michael made throughout his career. People remember the 33 million but they forget (and let's keep it in perspective he was never in the poor house) his salaries in his prime seasons were in the three and give million ranges. I know everything is relative but it's almost laughable what the best player ever made and what guys like Jordan Farmar and Amir Johnson make in this era. Jordan is on the other side now and he has to think like a businessman.
norseman67
Captain Participation Meter
Captain Participation Meter
Posted:
Quote #28
QUOTE Originally Posted by browndog:

michael jordan's skin color is green! 

jordan only ever thinks of himself - dosent give a shit about basketball 

Wrong answer. Jordan has seen both sides of the fence. Even Rodman pegged the players on this one by saying that the majority care more about the $$$ than they do the game itself. Jordon has already made his money and he knows that it's an unfair playing field for small market teams.
Whalewatcher
Posted:
Quote #29
First Prev 2 of 2 Next Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View