Post All-Star Home System

First << 47 of 47 >> Last
Views: 185799
Posts: 1166
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 2206
#1151 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by therealdutch:

I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level?

reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.

 


Dutch,

I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  


Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds ! 
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2017
Posts: 471
#1152 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Quote Originally Posted by therealdutch:

I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level? reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.  
Dutch,I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds !

looks like 15 of the 40 series start against other qualifiers, primarily b/c of divisional play.

the more i thought about it though, in theory, that should keep the juice on the ML low(er) than when these teams face bottom feeders (<.435) so chases won't be as costly.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2017
Posts: 471
#1153 Report User
Posted:

agree on the reds.  they've certainly not been playing like a cellar dweller lately. 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2017
Posts: 471
#1154 Report User
Posted:

since may 1, reds are playing just under .600 ball, and since June 1 they're win% is .673

VERY glad they played their way off the fade system.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 2206
#1155 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by therealdutch:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Quote Originally Posted by therealdutch:

I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level? reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.  
Dutch,I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds !
looks like 15 of the 40 series start against other qualifiers, primarily b/c of divisional play. the more i thought about it though, in theory, that should keep the juice on the ML low(er) than when these teams face bottom feeders (<.435) so chases won't be as costly.

 

So true.  I'll be looking at situations individually.  Playing fewer series and/or double dips is never a bad thing.  Yes to lesser juice...but winning "certainty" (if there is such a thing after LAD last year, lol) will trump this.  It's why every "System" should be more of a "systemized guide" to a way of betting MLB.

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 941
#1156 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn:

Go figure:

Atlanta Braves        7/26 - 8/10 - 8/28 - 9/14

Boston Red Sox        7/26 - 8/17 - 9/7 - 9/24

Chicago Cubs        7/19- 8/23 - 9/10 - 9/24

Houston Astros        8/9 - 8/27 - 9/14

Los Angeles Dodgers7/30 - 8/20 - 8/30 - 9/17

Milwaukee Brewers 7/20 - 8/3 - 8/20 - 9/3 - 9/14

New York Yankees7/26 - 8/9 - 8/27 - 9/14

Oakland Athletics7/30 - 8/13 - 8/30 - 9/18

Philadelphia Phillies7/20 - 8/14 - 8/27 - 9/10

Seattle Mariners        7/30 - 8/17 - 9/3 - 9/24

 



nice post
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2017
Posts: 471
#1157 Report User
Posted:

Nice start to the system with cubs on G1

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2013
Posts: 1440
#1158 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by CKP22:

nice post

Thanx

I'm gonna bypass Mil going against Lad.  They've only won 2 of the last 10, plus Lad is the favorite to win the NL pennant now with the trade.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2017
Posts: 132
#1159 Report User
Posted:

Will be tailing starting tonight, to win 25$ per serie.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2018
Posts: 2
#1160 Report User
Posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the rules about double dipping and how that to keep track of that record 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 2206
#1161 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by NickyFoles52:

Does anyone know where I can find the rules about double dipping and how that to keep track of that record

 

How did you win that Super Bowl MVP???

Posts 1126-1128.  Keep track of it yourself.

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 941
#1162 Report User
Posted:

Playing only two games per series this year. Will re-invest in other series when they lose

2018 record - 2-0
Game 1 wins: 1 
Game 2 wins: 1
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2013
Posts: 1440
#1163 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn:

Quote Originally Posted by CKP22:

nice post
Thanx I'm gonna bypass Mil going against Lad.  They've only won 2 of the last 10, plus Lad is the favorite to win the NL pennant now with the trade.

What do I know?!

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 2206
#1164 Report User
Posted:

Nice double dip on both chc and Phillies also.
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 941
#1165 Report User
Posted:

2018 record - 5-0
Game 1 wins: 2 
Game 2 wins: 2
Game 4 wins: 1 (if you go that far)

If you cut after 2 games now
Record: 4-1
Game 1 wins: 2 
Game 2 wins: 2

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 941
#1166 Report User
Posted:

2018 record - 8-0
Game 1 wins: 4 
Game 2 wins: 2
Game 4 wins: 2 (if you go that far)

If you cut after 2 games now
Record: 6-2
Game 1 wins: 4 
Game 2 wins: 2
First << 47 of 47 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View