List of Bands You've Never Seen and Hope To Never See.

Participants:
<< < Page of 2 >
Views: 3266
<< < Page of 2 >

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #26

Quote Originally Posted by SurfApe:

Don't even respond to "richardA" unless it is to berate him for his unfortuntate socio/political views.  The guy is a straght case without a nut, or sumptin like that.  "Lunatic" would disparage an incredibly important satellite, and shitbat, squirellshit in spring crazy is a bit played out.

I have taken note. Appreciate the heads up.
Shitbat is a keeper.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #27

Quote Originally Posted by gers:

Well would rather see Helix than to listen to rap.

Oh, yeah, well, I'd rather see Dionne Warwick than to listen to Helix. 
Dionne was the shit:
[link from unapproved source]

Helix was just shit:

although, the boob shots are acceptable.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #28

hanson

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #29

Soundgarden

Slash and Axel getting there shit together and doing a true GnR show

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #30

Helix  they suck they opened for Krokus man Helix was shit.

Speaking of shit...

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #31

Quote Originally Posted by DaThunder84:

Soundgarden

Slash and Axel getting there shit together and doing a true GnR show

I love Soundgarden and have seen them a few times, all of them great performances. I will never see them now, unless I can catch them in a small venue. 
Guns N Roses always bothered me... glad I never saw them.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #32

Quote Originally Posted by trotter64:

Speaking of shit...

You would know since you clean stalls all day

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #33

You would know since you clean stalls all day

Is this a known fact, or is this a guess, or a cutdown? To put someone down because they clean stalls as a job is pretty lame. There's a plethora of reasons why the man said, 'speaking of shit.' We`all know, Helix wasn't very good. Shit would be a great description of their music. Krokus wasn't much better.
Here's their Rolling Stones impersonation:

and this is what they eventually turned into:

It's all pretty bad. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #34

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

I will never go to a Pat Metheny or Jeff Beck-type, or any other guitar 'virtuoso' concert again. I saw Joe Satriani on his Flying In a Blue Dream tour and at the time I thought it was phenomenal. Now, no way in hell am I going to listen to someone musically jerk-off and release their aural spunk all over me. Steve Vai is probably the worst of 'em all. 
All great instrumentalists, but they're too much, just too much.

I have to agree on the guitar virtuoso stuff.  I've been a guitar player for almost 25 years and people expect me to be into those guys, but it bores me to tears.  I did have a Marty Friedman cd a long time ago that I liked, and some Andres Segovia classical guitar cds that I also enjoyed, but seeing this stuff live would make me temporarily suicidal.

There's much worse, though.  These bands/artists couldn't get me to sit through one of their shows if I was held at gunpoint:

Bette Midler, Lenny Kravitz, Red Hot Chilii Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Christopher Cross, Linkin Park, Michael Bolton, Living Colour, King's X, Lady Gaga, Usher, Nicki Minaj, Kings of Leon, Air Supply, Phish, Dave Matthews, Rollins Band (or especially Henry Rollins' stupid spoken word concerts), Pearl Jam, Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Buffett, Mushroomhead, American Headcharge, John Cena (I don't know if he ever has shows, but he did record at least one rap album), Seal, Clay Aiken, Peter Cetera, Phil Collins, Bonnie Raitt, and Adam Lambert

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #35

Quote Originally Posted by cklemonski:

I have to agree on the guitar virtuoso stuff.  I've been a guitar player for almost 25 years and people expect me to be into those guys, but it bores me to tears.  I did have a Marty Friedman cd a long time ago that I liked, and some Andres Segovia classical guitar cds that I also enjoyed, but seeing this stuff live would make me temporarily suicidal.

There's much worse, though.  These bands/artists couldn't get me to sit through one of their shows if I was held at gunpoint:

Bette Midler, Lenny Kravitz, Red Hot Chilii Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Christopher Cross, Linkin Park, Michael Bolton, Living Colour, King's X, Lady Gaga, Usher, Nicki Minaj, Kings of Leon, Air Supply, Phish, Dave Matthews, Rollins Band (or especially Henry Rollins' stupid spoken word concerts), Pearl Jam, Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Buffett, Mushroomhead, American Headcharge, John Cena (I don't know if he ever has shows, but he did record at least one rap album), Seal, Clay Aiken, Peter Cetera, Phil Collins, Bonnie Raitt, and Adam Lambert

All that is bolded is sheer poop. 
But, c'mon, Christopher Cross' hits were awesome. It's a nostalgia thing with him for me.
That's quite the varied hate-list off the top of your head. But, I guess if I think about it, a top-of-your-head list would be a bit random. Dashboard Confessional makes me hurl, figuratively, of course.
And who the hell is Adam Lambert?

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #36

Quote Originally Posted by picc818:

hanson

I was 19 when Hanson hit. They never had a chance with me with Soundgarden, Alice In Chains and Beastie Boys in constant rotation. Just the word, Hanson, makes me grimace.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #37

I used to want to see Metallica up until 'And Justice For all.' 
Now, there's no way I can muster any effort to go to one of their shows. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #38

Quote Originally Posted by cklemonski:

That's quite a range of music.  What kind of music/bands do you like? 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #39

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA:

that's correct.

does that make me a bad person?

Rap is awful worst music ever and i use the word music very loosley

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #40

Quote Originally Posted by NewDarkDay:

Rap is awful worst music ever and i use the word music very loosley

This isn't music?

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #41

the whole damn THREAD has ALL the singers, bands and types of "music" (like Rap) I Can't STAND!!!

GREAT LIST!!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #42

I'm happy to not have been at this performance:

Vanilla Ice at his best.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #43

I'm not sure why rap is getting such a bad rap around here. There is quite an array of different types of hip-hop out there which may cater to anyone's particular tastes.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #44

I hope to never see a Wham reunion tour concert.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #45

Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

Did you see Wham! back in the day? Talk about hot chick city.

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #46

Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

No need to worry about that now.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #47

jessie reyez 

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #48

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJeremy55:

jessie reyez

The voice can be a tad grating. I get it. Not much lasting power in her music.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #49

If I was forced to go to a Death Cab for Cutie concert, I'd be looking for a quick out. And by quick out I mean suicide

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #50

Understandable.

<< < Page of 2 >
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View