New York at Pittsburgh (01/23/2011)

First << 3 of 8 >> Last
Views: 22713

Veteran
Participation Meter
#51 Report User
Posted:

If the Jets play the Receivers of Pittsburgh man to man like they did against dumb ass Brady, hopefully Ben is smart enough to tell his receivers to run your routes and i will throw to a certain spot you be there.   Pick out a hash mark and throw it there and its up to your receiver to beat his cover and be at that hash mark.  A receiver in football is like a hockey player on a penalty shot the shooter knows what he is going to do the goalie is only guessing.  The receiver should be able to break off his route and shake his cover if they pick out a spot on the field a specially how much time Brady had in the pocket last week.  Rex fatman Ryan said he was going to out coach Billacheat and he did just that.  You saw last week its not the most talented team that wins you got to have a great game plan and out coach the other team too.  I'm not so sure Tomlin is good enough to outcoach the fatman but i still think Ben himself will get the job done this week and send that fatman and his Jets crashing to the ground close game but the Steelers find a way to get it done.  Different from last week Pitt has the D and Tomlinson won't get more than 30 yards this week and Troy will make 1 or 2 picks and Pittsburgh wins 20-17.  Tip to the Steelers BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ that sorry ass Sanchez.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#52 Report User
Posted:

I'm going to tease both favs and go with Pitt and GB +2.5...an odd strategy I know but I just don't see the Jets and Chi winning outright and when I bet on FG spreads I'd like to think they have that chance.

Besides I'd much rather watch a GB/Pitt Superbowl and New England cost me plenty of last weekend...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#53 Report User
Posted:

Actually the teaser bet is now:

Pitt +2.5 ov NYJ over 32.5

GB +2.5 ov Chi under 49.5

$1k~$4k

Veteran
Participation Meter
#54 Report User
Posted:

Gonna go with Vue and his hot streak. The Jets are a mini version of Pittsburgh and its hard to out Pittsburgh Pittsburgh. Pitt and under for the large!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#55 Report User
Posted:

Karma Catches up w/Ben

Mendenhall no Franco or Bettis

Ryan from a family of Game Planners is a players coach and now 4-1 playoffs - would seem to have an imagination edge over Tomlin

Jets have better Overall offensive weapons - Steelers secondary can be had.

Remember apart from No Troy last time the Jets were coming off of 11 straight 1/4's of no Offensive TD's- Got well and rushed for over 100 yds.

Struck me that Flacco/Cameron +Ravens Off choked.

Ben a bit fortunate on the 3rd & 19 pass to the rookie.

If Pitt falls behind by two TD's - no comeback here

Final point - Strength of Schedule Pitt #11 - Jets #1

Veteran
Participation Meter
#56 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Waz44:

Karma Catches up w/Ben

Mendenhall no Franco or Bettis

Ryan from a family of Game Planners is a players coach and now 4-1 playoffs - would seem to have an imagination edge over Tomlin

Jets have better Overall offensive weapons - Steelers secondary can be had.

Remember apart from No Troy last time the Jets were coming off of 11 straight 1/4's of no Offensive TD's- Got well and rushed for over 100 yds.

Struck me that Flacco/Cameron +Ravens Off choked.

Ben a bit fortunate on the 3rd & 19 pass to the rookie.

If Pitt falls behind by two TD's - no comeback here

Final point - Strength of Schedule Pitt #11 - Jets #1

where did you see that information?

Rookie
Participation Meter
#57 Report User
Posted:

Steelers -10

Prospect
Participation Meter
#58 Report User
Posted:

I feel that this will be a close game.

The Steelers have the home field advantage, a great run-stopping defense, and Mike Wallace.  This could be the difference in the game.

The Steelers should win, but I'm not certain they'll cover.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#59 Report User
Posted:

Jets win straight up!!! +3.5  and OVER 38!!!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#60 Report User
Posted:

[Quote: Originally Posted by ewillie169] NYJ +3 (2units)- If they're good enough for Billy Walters, they're good enough for me...SCORE: Jets 24-Steelers 21 OVER 38 (1unit)
[/Quote]

It's said he went with the Jets last weekend, which is what i was referring to, i have no idea about this coming weekend, sorry.  It's now +3.5 so i'll be pulling the trigger on the NYJ @+3.5

Prospect
Participation Meter
#61 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

where did you see that information?

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Prospect
Participation Meter
#62 Report User
Posted:

Everyone who took the Jets did so because of their D.

Yeah, the have the 3rd best D in the league, but who's a head of them? 

Pittsburgh.

The Steelers D beat the Jets in every important stat during the regular season besides for Passing YPG.

The Steelers had the number two overall D and the number one ranked rush D by almost a 30 YPG difference this season.

They also allowed the lowest points in the league this year, compared to the Jets sixth ranked points allowed by a 72 point margin.

This being said... You trust laying money on that Jets O who put up only 17 against a  20th ranked Colts D and 28 against a 26th ranked Pats D?

You trust your money on Mark Sanchez against the Steelers D at home, in the playoffs?

Even if you don't believe in all the stats, how can you feel confident with Sanchez in this spot over Roethlisberger?

Rookie
Participation Meter
#63 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by grahamillion:

Everyone who took the Jets did so because of their D.

Yeah, the have the 3rd best D in the league, but who's a head of them? 

Pittsburgh.

The Steelers D beat the Jets in every important stat during the regular season besides for Passing YPG.

The Steelers had the number two overall D and the number one ranked rush D by almost a 30 YPG difference this season.

They also allowed the lowest points in the league this year, compared to the Jets sixth ranked points allowed by a 72 point margin.

This being said... You trust laying money on that Jets O who put up only 17 against a  20th ranked Colts D and 28 against a 26th ranked Pats D?

You trust your money on Mark Sanchez against the Steelers D at home, in the playoffs?

Even if you don't believe in all the stats, how can you feel confident with Sanchez in this spot over Roethlisberger?

who cares how many points you put up against who?!  in the end all that matters is that your team scores more than the other.  jets had a "slight" chance against the colts, ZERO chance against the pats, and yet again a "slight to no" chance against the steelers. 

this team just finds ways to win when it matters, bottom line!  2 more W's comin this way their season as well! 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#64 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

If the Jets play the Receivers of Pittsburgh man to man like they did against dumb ass Brady, hopefully Ben is smart enough to tell his receivers to run your routes and i will throw to a certain spot you be there.   Pick out a hash mark and throw it there and its up to your receiver to beat his cover and be at that hash mark.  A receiver in football is like a hockey player on a penalty shot the shooter knows what he is going to do the goalie is only guessing.  The receiver should be able to break off his route and shake his cover if they pick out a spot on the field a specially how much time Brady had in the pocket last week.  Rex fatman Ryan said he was going to out coach Billacheat and he did just that.  You saw last week its not the most talented team that wins you got to have a great game plan and out coach the other team too.  I'm not so sure Tomlin is good enough to outcoach the fatman but i still think Ben himself will get the job done this week and send that fatman and his Jets crashing to the ground close game but the Steelers find a way to get it done.  Different from last week Pitt has the D and Tomlinson won't get more than 30 yards this week and Troy will make 1 or 2 picks and Pittsburgh wins 20-17.  Tip to the Steelers BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ that sorry ass Sanchez.

what game were you watching????  they played a zone just like they did agasinst the colts the previous week, and it worked out to a T.  hell even Revis, who always plays man to man, was working out of the zone this game.  didnt seem to work out too shabby. Little ben will get shook this game and hand over a couple gifts.  sanchez, though never ready in the 1st quarter, will be money from the 2nd quarter on.  jets 1-3 point victory

Prospect
Participation Meter
#65 Report User
Posted:

I love how the JETS are still NOT getting any respect...Fine by me.   LOOKING TO WIN SAYS "sorry ass sanchez"   well sorry ass Sanchez is not tied for most playoff road wins and after this week will be the all time leader for playoff wins on the road.... 

All you haters have not learned this year!  All the same guys on here and you know who you all are have been saying  Jets blow, Sanchez blows, too many close games, last minute wins, defense blows.   NOW look where they are one more win and they are in having to beat the likes of  INDY    NEW ENGLAND  and   PITT  all on the road.

Keep doubting and trying to make your money back LMAO....

Veteran
Participation Meter
#66 Report User
Posted:

The sides are a very tough call for this game.  What I can't understand so far is all the love for the over that I'm seeing on this board.  These two teams have killer defenses that can pitch a shut out at any given time.  Their games went over last week because of some weird plays (fumble recovery by Baltimore) and garbage time points in Jets/Pats game.  I'm thinking points will be hard to come by in this game.  Whenever Steelers and Jets hook up, they're low scoring tight affairs.  Have to take the under, I can even get it at 39 with a tiny bit more juice.  GLA

Rookie
Participation Meter
#67 Report User
Posted:

Brad Smith returned the opening kick-off for a touchdown in the last game; he won't be returning kicks in this game.

Heath Miller didn't play last game; his back-up dropped 2 sure TD's at the end of the game. Miller's playing this week.

Nick Folk, shaky in the best of conditions with a 76% success rate this year will have to kick in the swirling winds of Hienz field.

The Jets are hot and playing great football and can certainly win this game or lose, but their backers win with the 3.5. Big Ben compensates for the weakness of the Steeler o-line by keeping plays alive, giving his receivers time to get open and/or Wallace time to get behind the Jets secondary. Miller being back will add as much, if not more, to the Pittsburgh offense, as Palamaulu being back adds to the Steeler defense. The Steelers history of success the 2nd time playing a team, combined with being healthy and relatively rested compared to the Jets, will win this game by 10.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#68 Report User
Posted:

IDK why a pick against the Jets is interpreted as disrespect. Historically PIT brings out there best efforts in play-offs and SB's 10-4 since 01. The Jets have had success against two lower half D's, I watched the game and replay of the PIT NYJ game Jets O struggled. PIT is near full strength again at HOME I dont expect the PIT D to fall apart, recievers dropping pass's in the end zone, special teams giving up a TD. I do expect the Steelers to pull out the win and hopefully cover -3. Big Ben has really increased his accuracy the last few games, Sanchez however is improving but not nearly as consistent.  If this game comes down to a game winning drive my money is on Rothlesberger.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#69 Report User
Posted:

Steelers get it done with another late cover. Pitt by 7.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#70 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by forkball:

Last weekend was all rematches.

If you took the team who lost the previous matchup,

you went 4-0

thats wrong buddy.. steelers beat the ravens at baltimore the last time they played them before playoffs..  you woulda went 3-1

Rookie
Participation Meter
#71 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by chickencutlets:

I love how the JETS are still NOT getting any respect...Fine by me.   LOOKING TO WIN SAYS "sorry ass sanchez"   well sorry ass Sanchez is not tied for most playoff road wins and after this week will be the all time leader for playoff wins on the road.... 

All you haters have not learned this year!  All the same guys on here and you know who you all are have been saying  Jets blow, Sanchez blows, too many close games, last minute wins, defense blows.   NOW look where they are one more win and they are in having to beat the likes of  INDY    NEW ENGLAND  and   PITT  all on the road.

Keep doubting and trying to make your money back LMAO....

HAHAHAH, VERY WELL PUT1!!!!!     

Veteran
Participation Meter
#72 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie101:

I cannot help but think back to 94 or maybe 95 when San Diego beat the Stelers at home. lost money on them too.  Earlier post spoke of the O line I notice that too in both the colts game and the Pats game  Sanchez would drop 4 steps back and sit  in the pocket for what seems forever no pressure what so ever.  This is what worries me about the game for me. The O line and the defense wins games  if the O line can give  him time and can make holes for L.t.  game over.

Over is my play  maybe a bit on the jets to jinx them too.

The Pittsburgh Steelers lead the NFL in sacks this season. The Patriots D is NOT the Steelers D.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#73 Report User
Posted:

THE JETS WILL HAVE A LAYOVER IN THE "BURGH" AFTER EXPERIENCING ENGINE FAILURE....SANCHEESE CRUMBLES//// AND THE RUNNING GAME?  STEEL CURTAIN AND A CRAZY TROY,SHOULD SOLVE ANY DOUBTS.

PITTSBURGH BY 17   OR MORE!!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#74 Report User
Posted:

OK, going to keep this simple,

If the Jets can beat Manning and Brady, I have to say anything is possible. Will the Steelers win? They could. Will the Jets win? Would not shock...

Bears fan here (really?) Taking both dogs on a ML parlay.

Bears/Jets ML:  2.6:1

da Bears and Jets in the Super Bowl. Why not?

GLTA, if I lose, I lose...

Pro

Prospect
Participation Meter
#75 Report User
Posted:

what you are doing, is exactly what Vegas is banking on...

My option. GL

Quote Originally Posted by kerussein:

I'm going to tease both favs and go with Pitt and GB +2.5...an odd strategy I know but I just don't see the Jets and Chi winning outright and when I bet on FG spreads I'd like to think they have that chance.

Besides I'd much rather watch a GB/Pitt Superbowl and New England cost me plenty of last weekend...

First << 3 of 8 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View