CONNECTICUT   + 17

UNDER  55

All-Star
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Oklahoma - 41                                 Connecticut - 7

Sooners -17                                  under 55

No sneaking up on the Sooners in this one. They learned their lesson in that bowl game vs Boise St. Oklahoma scores early and often. Now if they do lose, oh oh somebody will have to pay the price. I don't see it happening. A quarter keg of McNellie's pub ale and a can of whoop ass beer nuts and it's partytime at the Colonel's den.

Sooners - Under

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

on paper, this is without a doubt the biggest mismatch of any bowl game... this comes down to one thing:  does OU care?  if they do... they will be covering this spread early in the 2nd quarter, and will win by 30 or 40 pts...

Captain
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

30 or 40 pts?  ou could do that but they have not shown to go on the road and do that to anyone besides baylor who was playing for absolutely nothing at game time.

this is the same ou team that went into cincy and won by 2 points lets not forget.

ou may be all flash and no cash, would love to see an upset though highly unlikely.  if uconn can run the ball at all and create a couple turnovers they will cover.  tough to lay 17 in any bowl game with an unmotivated team in ou.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

30 or 40 pts?  ou could do that but they have not shown to go on the road and do that to anyone besides baylor who was playing for absolutely nothing at game time.

this is the same ou team that went into cincy and won by 2 points lets not forget.

ou may be all flash and no cash, would love to see an upset though highly unlikely.  if uconn can run the ball at all and create a couple turnovers they will cover.  tough to lay 17 in any bowl game with an unmotivated team in ou.

good points... i would have to debate whether or not they are unmotivated... this is a BCS bowl, afterall... they are where they wanted to be...

as for the road game angle... i don't agree when people call bowl games "road games'... this is a neutral-site game, and that means OU will have lots of fans in the seats...

probably gonna be too many for me to lay... but i just don't see the logic in taking UConn... even though i won some money on them earlier in the year, i am well aware that they are not a very good team... the Big East was complete garbage this year...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

This just in.....UCONN absolutely sucks! I would lay 40 and still be comfortable. Uconn may not score in their big bowl game...

OK 56-7

Prospect
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Well uconn dont suck but they should have played VT and let stanford play this game.

OK LARGE

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

No they suck and they suck big....terrible O line, small D line, lousy QB, and a little RB that will be crushed in this game. This is the one reason I dont like the BCS this year-the Big East stinks from top to bottom and there are many better teams that should have been in this bowl game instead of wasting this slot on a team like UConn.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

CT +17

Legend
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

apples and oranges here.....uconn gets slaughtered

Prospect
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

OU -17

Prospect
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

apples and oranges here.....uconn gets slaughtered

Agreed!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Sooners in a big east beatdown

Captain
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

17 is a lot of points for a bowl game...

UCONN is a great story

However, with the beat downs Stoops has taken against USC, Florida, et al during the last 10 years, he will have no mercy on the Huskies.  

Oklahoma 45

Connecticut 17

OU -17

Captain
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

In addition, I believe UCONN lives and dies by Toddman.   OU will stack the box.  OU's secondary is good enough to limit any exposure from UCONN's passing game.   McCoy and Broyles will both be stars in the NFL.   I believe OU is hungry and will want to make a statement here...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Ct record should be better if no injuries.
Coached very well and should hang with Oklahoma in a Bowl game

Prospect
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Big East needs to stick to Basketball. Oklahoma in a rout, take now before points go up anymore.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Jam OU 1st half.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

UConn is a decent team.. they will be pumped to play.. the question is will Oklahoma be??

I'll take the points with UConn here..

Prospect
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

I like UConn plus the points.  UConn is a sound football team.  I can't see them losing by more than 10 points, but anything can happen.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Honestly Its fucked up these two teams even made a BCS bowl instead of a more deserving team like Boise. I could make a case Hawaii deserves to be there instead of these two teams. Oklahoma is overrated. Bob Stoops seems is an idiot and sucks in bowl gamesBCS games while Randy Edsall always comes with a great game plan.  UConn will focus on the run game because the Sooners' rush D isn't good at all which always helps out taking a 17 point underdog.  UConn cares a lot more about this game.

They have a great running back and a great defense, they won last two bowl games including a 20-7 dog win against S.Carolina last year. As for Oklahoma, they have done nothing in bowl games in recent years going 1-3 SU and 0-4 ATS in last 4 and they have done nothing spectacular away from home all season long. B12 is on a 4 games losing streak SU and ATS in bowl games against Big East. uconn is a team with a lot to prove.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

I like the under here, Uconn won't score more then 17 and I think Oklahoma struggles a bit with some turnovers. under 55

Prospect
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

i hope uconn wins,but i dint think they will

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Every year it seems the last game of the night on New Years is a blow out......this one shouldn't be any different.  Toddman is the whole game for UCONN.  I suspect the front seven or eight, in some cases, will hold that in check.  The kid who left ND because he couldn't start isn't gonna mount any comebacks with his arm.  I know that UCONN will be very fired up to be there and the coach is very solid and will have them ready to play.  But, Stoops needs a BCS win to get the monkey of his back and I'm sure he is really pushing his kids to get out to a big start and get rolling quickly.  Oklahoma won't want to let this team hang around, because that is what UCONN does.  If Oklahome gets 3 TD's in the first 20 minutes, which I believe they will, this thing is over and the route will be on.
First << 1 of 3 >> Last