View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

REDLINE ENERGY DRINKS

Participants:
Views: 3275
Posts: 25
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #1

Have any of you guys ever tried this drink? I have & its insane! Be very careful on how much you drink, imo, its just a matter of time before they take this drink off the market like they have with ephedra several years ago because people were having heart attacks. I bought the 4 pack & each bottle has two servings but I recommend drinking a quarter of the bottle each time you need a pick me up.

This stuff is like liquid crack (never have done crack) but im assuming, LoL! Some people that have drank a whole bottle at 2pm were still up at 6am. One guy that I read about drank two bottles back to back as a dare & he thought his heart was gonna explode. He was having cold sweats & what not. The good thing about this drink from what I read is you can lose fat fast. I for one dont need to lose weight damn it, I need to gain it, so with that said, I will not drink this stuff anymore.

Anyone else drink this stuff?

Quote Post Report User
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2004
Posts: 38704
Posted: #2

All that stuff is COMPLETE CRAP. 
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2010
Posts: 5765
Posted: #3

The reason why you will lose weight drinking that stuff is because your metabolism will be racing so fast that it will in fact be redlining and you will never feel any hunger or the need to eat.

You are correct in your assumption that it in fact would be like drinking liquid crack ( not that I have tried to ).

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

All that stuff is COMPLETE CRAP. 

 

I actually like the 5 hour energy shot, my heart doesnt race & it keeps me alert & focused unlike Redline where you feel the need to run a marathon.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2010
Posts: 5765
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:

 

I actually like the 5 hour energy shot, my heart doesnt race & it keeps me alert & focused unlike Redline where you feel the need to run a marathon.



I prefer the 5 hour energy shot as well. I have read where some of the carbonated energy drinks can contain up to 16 teaspoons of sugar.

I just finished reading some reviews about Redline and there are plenty of horror stories about heart palpitations, dizziness, shaking and shivering. Apparently in WalMart there is also a minimum age restriction on who can buy it.

I'll stick with the 5 hour energy shots and cocaine. Both seem to be healthier than Redline.
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by Syddigs:



I prefer the 5 hour energy shot as well. I have read where some of the carbonated energy drinks can contain up to 16 teaspoons of sugar.

I just finished reading some reviews about Redline and there are plenty of horror stories about heart palpitations, dizziness, shaking and shivering. Apparently in WalMart there is also a minimum age restriction on who can buy it.

I'll stick with the 5 hour energy shots and cocaine. Both seem to be healthier than Redline.

 

Yes, I have 31/2 bottles of Redline sitting in the corner of my garage that will not be drank by me. In fact, im gonna pour them down the sink, those things are not good for anyone. As far as cocaine goes, Idont like my heart beating super fast so thats a no no for me. Their are several energy drinks that are sugar free.

The makers of Red Line have said they wanted to make something that resembled ephedra from what I read by one poster. This stuff should not be over the counter sold. If you want some good stuff with not many side effects or crashes, I recommend going to the U.K. but other than that, you gotta try stuff for yourself & see what works but before doing so, make sure you google & read up on what you are gonna try before purchasing.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2008
Posts: 54
Posted: #7

Drank a bottle before working out, I almost passed out.  That stuff is uttter garbage, if I wanted to kill myself, I would have rather done an eight ball. 

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2008
Posts: 30979
Posted: #8

[link from unapproved source]


 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 6580
Posted: #9

I'm so glad you created this thread. I used to be in the Navy as an aircraft mechanic and I had my first experience with Redline on a tour in Afghanistan.

My boss gave me a bottle out of his footlocker and I thought it was odd that the bottle was cold cause it was August and about 90 degrees in his b-hut(kind of like a little wood cabin). He told me not to drink the whole bottle.....well I did drink the whole bottle. Big mistake on my part. About two hours later my division officer had a meeting with our whole shop and I could not stand still. People kept asking me what was wrong and I could barely speak.

Well after a few weeks of drinking the bottles I got real courageous(sp?) and ordered Redline Concentrate. This shit should not be legal!!!!! It comes with a little plastic teaspoon and recommends you start off with a half of the spoon.

Eventually I built up enough tolerance to where I would take a swig out of the bottle. One day I took a little bit to much and had to do some work in the cockpit of one of our aircraft. I spent like 20 minutes with my head hanging out of the cockpit, drooling over the side. About an hour later I ate some food and immediatley threw it up.

Redline is some potent shit. I have never tried meth, coke, or crack but i'm guessing it's pretty similar. On the flip side of that story, I have never accomplished more at work or been more focused than when I would drink Redline. So while it is horrible for you, it can work.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2007
Posts: 13406
Posted: #10

I'm sure its not like crack but that sounds pretty wild.  Why do you do this??


8 oz red bull does the job for me
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I'm so glad you created this thread. I used to be in the Navy as an aircraft mechanic and I had my first experience with Redline on a tour in Afghanistan.

My boss gave me a bottle out of his footlocker and I thought it was odd that the bottle was cold cause it was August and about 90 degrees in his b-hut(kind of like a little wood cabin). He told me not to drink the whole bottle.....well I did drink the whole bottle. Big mistake on my part. About two hours later my division officer had a meeting with our whole shop and I could not stand still. People kept asking me what was wrong and I could barely speak.

Well after a few weeks of drinking the bottles I got real courageous(sp?) and ordered Redline Concentrate. This shit should not be legal!!!!! It comes with a little plastic teaspoon and recommends you start off with a half of the spoon.

Eventually I built up enough tolerance to where I would take a swig out of the bottle. One day I took a little bit to much and had to do some work in the cockpit of one of our aircraft. I spent like 20 minutes with my head hanging out of the cockpit, drooling over the side. About an hour later I ate some food and immediatley threw it up.

Redline is some potent shit. I have never tried meth, coke, or crack but i'm guessing it's pretty similar. On the flip side of that story, I have never accomplished more at work or been more focused than when I would drink Redline. So while it is horrible for you, it can work.

 

I heard that the military guys that need to stay up alot of hours are given meth but the military is working on some new stuff that will do the same but is supposedly not as harmful as meth. As far as Redline, I emptied the bottles down the drain.

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire15:

I'm sure its not like crack but that sounds pretty wild.  Why do you do this??


8 oz red bull does the job for me

 

Red Bull shots & the 5 or 6 hour energy shots do help keep me up a few hours & keep me alert with the task at hand. I can think & type with no jittery effects. I took two 6 hour energy shots within 4 hours apart the yesterday & their okay. Last thing I need is to be climbing the walls & have my heart ready to explode. I hope some day they come out with something that wires you up & would make you  feel like running a marathon but also to be SAFE & not causing people to have heart palpitations & vomiting, thats crazy.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2008
Posts: 4055
Posted: #13

guess i'll be trying some redline
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 6580
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire15:

I'm sure its not like crack but that sounds pretty wild.  Why do you do this??


8 oz red bull does the job for me

I started to build a tolerance to it and shipping the drinks to afghanistan is quite costly. I actually priced out shipping about a pallets worth of bottles and the shipping was about double the cost of the product and it just wasn't reasonable.

I guess you have to keep in mind that a lot of guys who go there have families and obligations back home that keep them from getting to the gym as often as they want. So when they go to Afghanistan/Irag they hit the gym like madmen and want every advantage they can get. I once saw a guy that would take like 11 pills of various supplements before and after working out.

I pretty much did it out of boredom and curiousity(insert gay jokes here). Spending 12 hours a day with the same people makes you get creative on how to spend the time. I like working out but I realize you don't need this shit to work out. But it did give me and others I work with insane amounts of energy which is helpful when you actually do have to work all 12 hours of your shift.

I still occasionally hammer home a bottle once in a great while before work just to get my day going. But I won't fuck around with the concentrate anymore. That shit could really harm so people who don't know what they are doing.

Oh yeah and on a side note. I snorted creatine powder and protein powder over there too on a dare. No shit. Like I said, you have to find creative ways to fill the time.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 6580
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:

 

Red Bull shots & the 5 or 6 hour energy shots do help keep me up a few hours & keep me alert with the task at hand. I can think & type with no jittery effects. I took two 6 hour energy shots within 4 hours apart the yesterday & their okay. Last thing I need is to be climbing the walls & have my heart ready to explode. I hope some day they come out with something that wires you up & would make you  feel like running a marathon but also to be SAFE & not causing people to have heart palpitations & vomiting, thats crazy.

I like the little shots like that too. I guess I just hit a point a few years ago where my tolerance went thru the roof and the normal drinks just wouldn't cut it for me.

I actually used to take ephedra during my time in the Navy. My LPO(boss) used to get the yellow jackets with ephedra via the internet even after it was illegal. That shit was great! I could stay up all night partying, sleep two or three hours, and show up to work and be productive.

I realize that all of this will lead to an earlier death but I don't regret it. I had a blast during that time. And while the military does drug test it doesn't test for ephedra. Pretty much just opiates and thc.

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 13343
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I like the little shots like that too. I guess I just hit a point a few years ago where my tolerance went thru the roof and the normal drinks just wouldn't cut it for me.

I actually used to take ephedra during my time in the Navy. My LPO(boss) used to get the yellow jackets with ephedra via the internet even after it was illegal. That shit was great! I could stay up all night partying, sleep two or three hours, and show up to work and be productive.

I realize that all of this will lead to an earlier death but I don't regret it. I had a blast during that time. And while the military does drug test it doesn't test for ephedra. Pretty much just opiates and thc.

 

Sucks they test for weed. I understand testing for opiates & cocaine, etc...but I heard the military supplies their military guys with speed when they have to be up for over 24 hours at a time, true?

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2009
Posts: 6580
Posted: #17

I personally have never been prescribed anything to stay up but I have been prescribed Ambien to help with sleeplessness. That stuff is the shit too. In the movie "Role Models" where Sean William Scott says you halucinate if you try an stay up on it, that shit is sooooo true. I had the cover girl on a Hooters calendar talking to me in Afganistan one morning. Loved that stuff.

While I have personally never been prescribed anything, I have heard our pilots and ECMO's(basically backseater Goose types) say that they have taken stuff like phenteramine(sp?) and stuff like that. They were flying 6-7 missions at a time so I buy it.

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2008
Posts: 58491
Posted: #18

holy shit im gettin some redline
 
Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2005
Posts: 66698
Posted: #19

ive had redline. it should not be legal
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2008
Posts: 12
Posted: #20

I would never promote drinking and driving, but in the past(quit drinking 4 months ago) I would bring a bottle with me when I would be somewhere other than home drinking alcohol. Worked great. Sh*t face is sh*t face though, call a cab. Crack in a bottle!!

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2009
Posts: 23509
Posted: #21

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2008
Posts: 11288
Posted: #22

 Will be buying some Redline

 

K-train, snorting creatine and protein powder... your insane hahaha

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2018
Posts: 1
Posted: #23

*8 years later* idk what y’all talking about, I drink 1-2 full bottles of redline everyday and i feel great

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2018
Posts: 1
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by dany29:

*8 years later* idk what y’all talking about, I drink 1-2 full bottles of redline everyday and i feel great
I have been wanting to try red bull I hear a lot of good things about it. Does it make you jittery when you drink more than 1 red bull?

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2007
Posts: 36201
Posted: #25

Redline is my best selling preworkout grab and go drink...nothing comes close

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View