Recent Posts

Thread Author Balph Post Entries
GimmeMoneyNow
GimmeMoneyNow

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

  Well, first of all. I can't imagine my married son being with a woman in a 5th floor hotel room after a day of rum shooters in whatever bar he picked her up in. I don't tink he owns an air rifle but again, I can't imagine him aiing it out of a hotel room after a day of rum shooters to impress the person-drunk he picked up. Nope, just can't make that comparison. Yes, cops are getting very quick triggered. It may be a result of every idiot in this country being able to possess any weapon he wants. We have had cops shot when they stopped someone to write a traffic ticket. I would wager you have never dealt with a drunk, armed idiot have you? I didn't call the shooting rightful; in fact, I said the widow would probably win her suit, but the cop is still ALIVE, and that was the issue he settled. Walk a mile in his shoes before you judge.

Can you imagine your son being on the 4th floor of the same hotel with his wife, having a couple of drinks? Maybe?  Can you imagine the caller making a mistake and saying there was a gun on the 4th floor?  Your son gets shot and you say "well, at least the cops went home safe".  By your reasoning, every traffic stop the driver should be greeted with a swat team.  One wrong move or you sneeze you get shot.  If you are going to speculate on why cops have a quick trigger, then I can speculate that Brailsford wanted to shoot someone.  Why else would he have the words "YOUR F-CKED" etched on his gun?  We should all support the police, and that means hold the bad ones accountable.  Support the police, not the Police State.

GimmeMoneyNow
GimmeMoneyNow

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

  Well, first of all. I can't imagine my married son being with a woman in a 5th floor hotel room after a day of rum shooters in whatever bar he picked her up in. I don't tink he owns an air rifle but again, I can't imagine him aiing it out of a hotel room after a day of rum shooters to impress the person-drunk he picked up. Nope, just can't make that comparison. Yes, cops are getting very quick triggered. It may be a result of every idiot in this country being able to possess any weapon he wants. We have had cops shot when they stopped someone to write a traffic ticket. I would wager you have never dealt with a drunk, armed idiot have you? I didn't call the shooting rightful; in fact, I said the widow would probably win her suit, but the cop is still ALIVE, and that was the issue he settled. Walk a mile in his shoes before you judge.

Can you imagine your son being on the 4th floor of the same hotel with his wife, having a couple of drinks? Maybe?  Can you imagine the caller making a mistake and saying there was a gun on the 4th floor?  Your son gets shot and you say "well, at least the cops went home safe".  By your reasoning, every traffic stop the driver should be greeted with a swat team.  One wrong move or you sneeze you get shot.  If you are going to speculate on why cops have a quick trigger, then I can speculate that Brailsford wanted to shoot someone.  Why else would he have the words "YOUR F-CKED" etched on his gun?  We should all support the police, and that means hold the bad ones accountable.  Support the police, not the Police State.

GimmeMoneyNow
GimmeMoneyNow

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

Probably a wrongful death lawsuit win, and the wife will get she wants, money. Meanwhile she is rid of a husband that was drinking rum shots all day and was trying to impress his latest girlfriend by aiming an unknown (at that time) weapon from the fifth floor of a hotel. Scary scenario for any cop, and that translates into a quick trigger finger when the suspect repeatedly makes moves he had been told (repeatedly) not to make. Daniel Shaver loses, Brailsford probably has a career ruined, the wife makes out OK. Not much of a bleeding heart story if you ask me, especially for the wife.

Would you feel differently if that was your son?  Probably not, right?  Here is an innocent man, who committed no crimes, who was not a threat to anyone, who was co-operating with the officers and to the best of his abilities, trying to comply with the confusing orders shouted at him, ends up dead because the police were scared he might pull a gun out of his  gym shorts.  If the police can justify this shooting, then they can justify any shooting. 

scalabrine
scalabrine
Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



that's why i said "about" 3.4 million fewer. 




You are all "about" fake news.  9-11 was only one attack.  We said NEVER AGAIN.  Your attitude is "I'm willing to risk your life in order to keep my feelings safe".  Well, the odds are that we will be attacked again and many people will die.  The only silver lining is that some of the people who die will be the ones who think like you do.
scalabrine
scalabrine
3.4 million home burglaries.
Incedents of scary muslims going boo in the night. 3.4 million - 3.4 million = 0
I'm calling BS.
scalabrine
scalabrine
Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

what do you mean "if we allow refugees"?  we've been allowing refugees here for decades.  millions of them are here.  and then they come here and do what other non-trump supporting people do like go to school, get an education, work and whatever else. 


It's the "whatever else" that I worry about.  You think we (the deplorables) have an irrational fear about people who shout "DEATH TO AMERICA"!!!???  Do you lock your doors at night?  What are the odds of someone tying you up and raping your wife?  When you stop locking your doors then we can stop vetting refugees.
mattbrot
mattbrot
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

Shame on all of you for not wanting America to be great again!


Non-partisan snowflakes. (laughing rolling head thingy)
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:



Second, I think free will and a belief in God are contradictory. Either we have free will or we're living according to God's plan. 

If I have free will, I can deviate from God's plan. If God has a plan, then I do not have free will....even if I think I do. 

I'm interested in hearing your views on who qualifies for marriage according to God? Can a child, say 9 or 10 years old be married according to God? If so, would you be ok with that happening? 

You have free will in everything you do.  Maybe you will come around and see the light, or maybe you won't.  God knows but the choice is still yours.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:


First, I'm going to steal a quote from Epicurus:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”




If God prevented evil, then how will you know what good is?  You cannot have good without evil.  If God prevented sorrow, how will you know what joy is? Its the yin and yan sort of thing.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


supernaturally inspired by "god"?, please demonstrate how you know that. as far as I know, there is no way to test the "supernatural"...otherwise you're just making garbage up...

1500 years in the making, 40 different authors in 60 books all pointing to a massiah with no contradictions.


mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:

But wait, I thought you were the authority...you just got done telling me how my "understanding of god and gods word was abysmal" 

You think Mark Twain is racist because there is slavery in Tom Sawyer.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:

Balph, 

In response to your final statement in post 162. In the story of Noah, didn't God flood the world because he was displeased? Serious question, I am by no means a biblical expert. Wouldn't that be considered genocide? 

I am not a biblical expert either Ktrain.  You have a point about genocide.  I think the story of Noah explains why God did what he did.  He regretted making man because of all the evil he saw.  
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I'm pro choice if a woman is raped or if having the baby would induce a life threatening medical condition. Other than that, I'm not a fan of abortion. 

That's great.  What is your opinion based on?  Why is your opinion superior to someone who wants to eat babies for breakfast?

If there is a God, I would like to think he would do something to prevent rapes, murders, etc. Since he's all powerful and all knowing right? 

And take away your free will?  He will do something to prevent murder, rape, etc.  Revelation 21
King James Bible

A New Heaven and a New Earth

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.


Get your name written in the Lamb's book of life!
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


whats funny is that until you give some evidence of a god, man IS the one who if you follow your bible determines your morality, since man is the one who wrote the bible  

The KJV Bible is supernaturally inspired by God.

a society could not condone murder, rape, slavery, and genocide and still survive and thrive...it's really not that complicated... so no, not weak at all...

Weak Weak Weak.  The subject is morality, not the survivability of a society.  

how you say you get your morality from a god that condones murder, rape, slavery, and genocide is beyond me, unless of course you think those things are moral...

Your understanding of God and God's word is abysmal.  God does not condone these things.  In your godless worldview, someone who thinks murder, rape, slavery, and genocide is moral would be just as right as you are.  There is no right and wrong, only opinions of right and wrong.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:


Because it does harm to our fellow (wo)man. Because when we're not stealing, raping, and murdering each other we're able to progress further as a society. 

Why should I care I care if harm comes to our fellow (wo)man.  If we are all here for a short period of time and we are all just space- dust, no more significant than an insect, all here by random chance, then who cares?  It would be no more wrong to kill somebody as it would be for a lion to eat his own cub, if there was no God.  

And by your logic abortion is wrong.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


it has to do with being part of a society and doing what helps that society to thrive and survive. I do not condone murder, rape, slavery, and genocide...that alone makes me more moral than your god...read the bible...
Very weak argument.  So, society determines morality?  Are all societies equally moral?  If a society condones murder, rape, slavery, and genocide, then it is now moral?  Again, what is your basis for determining morality?  Without God, you have no basis.
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:

the same "god" that condones slavery, genocide, murder, rape...lmao

Life is demanding without understanding...nobody's going to drag you up to get into the light where you belong...but where do you belong...oh oh, oh ooh oh..
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:

I'm more moral than your god...
Where do you get your morals from?  Why are your morals superior to the next guys morals?  Without borrowing from the Christian worldview, tell us why stealing, rape, and murder is wrong.  Convince me why I shouldn't do these things if that's what I want to do.  If there is no God, and we are only here for a short time, then why shouldn't I try to do whatever I want to if I can get away with it?
mainman11111
mainman11111
Quote Originally Posted by Danelaw:


So the 5 billion people who don't believe in Jesus are wrong and going to hell, right?

Everyone has the opportunity to accept Jesus as the truth.  God knows your heart and you will be judged fairly.  If you do not wish to be with God then you will not be forced to be with him.  You will be separated from him.
mainman11111
mainman11111
To continue

You will say murder is wrong because....you say so?  If someone disagrees with you, why are you right and they are wrong.  It is one opinion verses another.  
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View