Recent Posts

Thread Author KJParlay Post Entries
slikstiks99
slikstiks99
Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

Well, I don't think you can hold Fred Jax's injury against him. It was only a bone and he had tons of time to heal up. Guy will be good as ever.

The rest of the previously injured guys are all great value picks and something is sure to pan out. Crabtree has a much better Alex Smith to finally reach the elite level. Sidney Rice will likely have somebody to throw him the ball too. Emmanuel Sanders is a stretch but this guy has massive talent, I'll probably have to drop him anyway.

Maclin and Antonio Brown will give a nice combination of consistency and break out potential.

That RB position is stacked though. Watch Jamal Charles go down. If not they will baby his carries all season long. Hillis should be nice.

Lots of value in Jones too if Murray goes down.


I love fantasy football logic.  
Fred Jackson's injury last year means nothing, he'll be awesome this year. Jamal Charles will get hurt again for sure, so Hillis will be awesome even though he was hurt last year, and sucked.  DeMarco Murray will also get hurt again, so Felix Jones' value will go up, because even though he's had injuries as well, he'll be fine.
Crabtree finally has a good Alex Smith throwing to him, because QBs always break out in their 7th year of being a starter. No reason why Gronkowski won't replicate what he did last year.  Antonio Brown will be awesome because Wallace is holding out right now a month before the season starts.  

Ah, the eternal hope of preseason fantasy owners.  

If you were serious about the league being won already, that's pretty moronic.  Unless you meant by one of the 9 teams in your league other than your own.  
jlb442
jlb442

Quote Originally Posted by saggieca:

LMFAOOOO! Really, Yeah, i lost the ML, but made a easy relaxing killing off the spread.

Covering the spread by 1 is always easy and relaxing. 

And I'm sure you had the foresight to just make a small play on the ML and put a dozen units on the side. 

 

veto22
veto22
Quote Originally Posted by veto22:

(one of the state universities in ohio) is one of CFB main programs at least top 10 all time. TCU Bstate been good for 3yrs


Notre Dame was a powerhouse from 1920s until the late 1980s, now they are practically a laughingstock. 
Things change.
You say Boise/TCU have only been good for 3 years, but of every team that we think of as a great program, at some point in their history they had "only been good for 3 years."  It's gotta start somewhere. 
And what evidence does that give to back up your statement that TCU/Boise would never win a playoff?  Of course you can say that because we'll never know, so you won't be proven wrong.  But I could say Ohio State would never win a playoff because they always choke in the big game, and I wouldn't be proven wrong. 



lookingtowin
lookingtowin
Quote Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

Like i said sometimes your gut is better than capping these stupid games.


Well put.  Good call on Dallas.  Trust the gut!
SEC_CHEF
SEC_CHEF
This was a great topic of discussion.....4 years ago.
Handicapper33
Handicapper33

[Quote: Originally Posted by bosalt] He is innocent.  If he wasn't then he his head coach would not have said tonight that Cam is elgible to play Saturday. Quote]

Yeah I mean if the coach dodges the question and just says "He's eligible" then he's clearly innocent. 

Case closed.

Thank you, Judge bosalt.

Gilberto
Gilberto
Quote Originally Posted by Gilberto:

Special teams are excellent for Iowa. They have explosive Kick Return opportunities with WR Johnson-Koulianos with a 27.5 avg and I have this feeling he is going to return one this week for a score...just a hunch. In addition to giving Iowa great field position they have a can't miss NFL punter in Senior Ryan Donahue who has a 45.0 avg, 71 long and the best punter in the NCAA getting the ball inside the 10 yard line.

Don't forget that field goals and extra points are part of special teams. 

TRAIN69
TRAIN69
Quote Originally Posted by vxkens:

What is so great about Utah?  Who have they beaten?  ND would probably have the same record playing against their schedule.

If Notre Dame could lose at home to Tulsa, they could probably lose at Air Force and Iowa State, too.  
ForecastinFloyd
ForecastinFloyd
Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



Theres been weeks that I liked 8 or 9 dogs out of 13 games but I know that there is no way I will hit all 8 dog plays & im sure you know you wont hit all 11 dogs either.

Gotta be careful when you break it down on a micro level instead of a macro level.  There are going to be weeks where 12 out of 14 underdogs cover.  In "theory" there should be half the dogs who cover, and half the favorites, but in a short sample, anything can happen.  Of course you can say "there's no way he will hit all 11 dogs this week"....but would it make you feel better if he had 5 and 6?  He would have the same chance (statistically) of hitting those 11 games. Each game is its own separate, random event.  The favorite could cover the next 36 consecutive games in the NFL, but it wouldn't change the fact that statistically there are still 2 meaningful outcomes for the 37th game. 
When I looked at my card two weeks ago, I "knew" I wasn't gonna go 1-7, but that's what happened.  
smdio
smdio
Last post from me on this thread, and I'll leave this guy to deal with the demons he's living with.  
But I think I know a place that can help him out.

http://tinfoilonmyhead.com/
smdio
smdio
Quote Originally Posted by smdio:

Now to debunk your Empire State building claims:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/731183/the_day_a_b52_bomber_crashed_into_the.html

Nuff said there.

Anything else?  Because that took me all of 45 seconds to find those articles.

So you're asking me to believe an article you found on the internet. Again, see the irony here?

I think you should have looked longer than 45 seconds.  The B-52 didn't exist in 1945.  Look anywhere and you can find that.  Oh wait, those will be arguments against your wild theory and therefore be "just some article on the internet".  You're right, I can't believe encyclopedias have the audacity to try and tell me the B-52 didn't exist until 1952.  Complete nonsense.

 

smdio
smdio

"Our gasoline prices were nearly $4/gallon,  and oil prices were the highest on record."

I think you are confusing summer '01 with summer '08.  I filled up for $1.55/gal on 9/11/01. 

"Nearly 3 dozen "top Pentagon officials" canceled their flights on the morning of September 11th. All of these officials are confirmed to be members of the Bilderberg Group."

(LOL at the last part, by the way).  What is your point? You do realize that after the events of 9/11 every plane was grounded for several hours, right? Or are you saying these "top officials" were supposed to actually be on the planes that crashed? You are aware the Vice President gets his own plane, yes? And those other officials are issued private jets or charter jets, yes?

"This is simply not true.  You are reading aticles that you found on the internet."

Then what exactly is it you are doing?

Best of luck, guy, you need it.

smdio
smdio
Quote Originally Posted by smdio:

Nice video Hugh, but almost nothing that was shown can be called fact.  It's just another video that the 9/11 Debunkers are floating around out there.  


Any evidence someone uses to refute your point, you disregard and reply, "that's all just stuff from the internet, none of it is verified true."  
Are you getting the irony here?
The only FACT here is that nothing is going to change your mind.  You'll believe whatever you want to believe, because you want to believe it.  That's fine, this is America, you have that right.  

Handicapper33
Handicapper33
Quote Originally Posted by Handicapper33:

2.Florida-too much talent

There are a few others but like I said Neb has played cupcakes and even if they win Saturday they are at home as almost a double digit favorite if they lose then they really suck


Had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing when I saw you would rate Florida ahead of Nebraska.  

Also, you are pumping up Texas as a good team. Except If Nebraska wins, it's meaningless and if they lose, they really suck. It's either an impressive win, or Texas is bad.  Which is it?


PurduePride - Yes, LSU is most overrated.  


cherokee10
cherokee10
Teasers always look tasty my man, best of luck. 


I'm sweatin a teaser right now....
rhdslider
rhdslider
Quote Originally Posted by BBBOOOOOOMMM:

STOP FUCKING PARLAYING YOU ABSOLUTE MORON!!!

7 for 8 is like the ability to retire in sportbetting...  

even if you're overexaggerating and you're going 6 for 8 every night then you need to bet straight



No one in this forum is going 6 for 8 every night.  You've seen some of these posts .  I doubt I've ever gone 6 for 8 .

To the original poster, you've simply got to hedge here.  Especially when the game in question is something as unpredictable as a preseason NFL game where the 2 QBs are Derek Anderson and Jay Cutler. 
This sick thing we all do called betting sports is tough enough.  When you get the chance for some guaranteed coin, you can't pass it up. 
I know the thrill is part of it.  And if you had hedged, for even $1,000 we'll say, and the Bears covered, you'd be mad at yourself because you cut into your profit.  Understandable.  But I bet it feels a LOT worse to walk away with nothing when you could have had $1,500 guaranteed. 
These posters here (myself included) aren't always the most tactful bunch, but sometimes their advice should be heeded.  We're all pulling for each other.  Mostly.

woopdurritis
woopdurritis
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/06/02/is-bp-a-buy.aspx?source=ihpdspmra0000001&lidx=1
FSerpico
FSerpico
Quote Originally Posted by FSerpico:

Kobe can only win titles when he has The BEST BIG MAN in the NBA playing on his team.. Clearly Gasol is the best big in the NBA today as SHAQ was when he was playing for the Lakers.. Kobe cannot win titles if he doesn’t have the best center in the NBA playing alongside him, period.. Also helps when you have the deepest most talented team in the NBA..

Tough to say, really.  Correct, Kobe didn't win any titles after O'Neal left in 04.  Playing with the likes of a 36 year old Vlade Divac, and Slava Medvedenko, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Andrew Bynum and Vlad Radmanovic didn't yield any titles. 

Sounds kinda like LeBron, huh? So I guess maybe it takes more than one great player to win a championship.  Who'da thunk it? 
So if LeBron winds up on a team with Bosh or Wade, and that team wins the title next year, what do you say to the argument that LeBron couldn't get it done without another top 5 player on his team? That's a valid point, right? 

And when you say Kobe can't win a title without "the best big man" on his team, that is false.  No one calls Pau Gasol CLEARLY the best big man in the NBA.  Perhaps you've forgotten Dirk, Amar'e, Dwight, etc.  You're statement is nothing shy of asinine. 

Obviously you are just a LeBron honk, which is fine.  But that part is where you lose any credibility you may have had.  You feel bad that LeBron quit on his team and got spanked by the Celtics and now you're just steaming that Kobe is getting all the attention again, showing up clutch, again, and leading his team to a title, again.



BDUBB
BDUBB
Quote Originally Posted by crushalot22:

Put that coffee down!  Coffee is for closers only.......



Osirus13
Osirus13
Quote Originally Posted by Osirus13:

Then saban should be fired asap. I dont buy that for 1 sec. Sounds like your making an early excuse if they lose.


You're posting on this forum, so I'm going to assume you gamble.  Are you telling me you've never factored in a "letdown" scenario as part of your wagering?  That's what it was, plain and simple.  They got beat, sure.  By a better team?  Doubtful. 

And Osirus, you inadvertently made the point FOR why the college football system makes every game important when you said, "We DON'T crown champions based on regular seasons. Regular seasons in sports are used to determine the final group who will challenge for  a title."  Guess what: College football does.  That's why people say the regular season is the playoffs.  There's nothing wrong with that.  You think it's all about the playoffs or a tournament or whatever.  Remember the Patriots going 16-0?  I guess since they didn't win in the playoffs they just weren't the best team.  You are acting there is no such thing as an upset in a playoff system. If you feel that way, fine.  But all the kids and coaches in college football know that if you want to win a title you have to win all your games. Period.  If you do that, there's a 99% chance you will win the title.  If you don't do that, and someone else does, they will win over you.  Seems okay to me.


Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View