PM wallstreetcappers

wallstreetcappers

wallstreetcappers
Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Posts: 53228
Member Since: February 2003
Last Activity: 18 July 2019
Status: Offline
About me:
Signature:
Profile Entries Posts Activity
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
SS,

My link was to a year long retail sales bar chart, it showed that net net the real growth is under 1%...meaning there were several months in a large negative and a few more positive than .4 but the net was pretty lousy.

I dont see how you care about what anyone from JPM thinks and especially if it was Dimon on your link, he gets PAID if the consumer swallows the outrageous CC rates with revolving debt. I carry ZERO revolving debt but if I have a big purchase I like to use a rewards card and pay it off that day, I have an over 800 credit score and STILL my rate is like 13%. Gone are the low rate days, the banks are KILLING the little guy and they are borrowing from the FED and thus YOU at near zero, loaning out at 13-30% rates. So yeah who cares about the consumer borrowing to consume...its all good.

One other comment, did you imply that Trump is whining about hate and condemning hate? The guy is the KING of hate, he spawns it, runs on it and got elected on hate. No wonder there is hate, you have the figurehead leader hating as his platform and we wonder why the other side is bothered by it?

Trump is a loon, a little ego pathetic loon.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
SS,

So you consider a rise of .4 percent as to winning in the economy because the estimates were so poor and the fact that retail sales have been performing quite badly all year long?

[link from unapproved source]

I guess we have different ideas of what winning is. Oh and how is consumer revolving debt been the last few years? 
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Crypto thread
in Investments
Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:


u talk $hit about it and then ur mad u didnt buy? then u buy at the top? god help you

So big shooter where did I say I bought? Can you quote that post for me?


544
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Greenspan is a dope and has said many things in every direction. So find a quote that he talks about free markets and human psychology Ill find one where he discusses monetary policy and that it is an instrumental key to increase or decrease the economy. Plus, the rates and duration of which we are now seeing was NOTHING similar to what Spam did when he was in the seat. He went out long long ago at higher rates and he was much more inclined to go up or down than the two who followed him.

I guess you really do not follow the markets because it is not difficult to see that rate confusion or clarity has pumped and dumped this market for the last several years...but the underlying "FED put" has put a floor in every time the markets go down...the FED sends out their cheerleading squad to calm the markets..always the same people saying the FED will drop rates and the market reverses. The market keeps testing the FED and every single time they are assured and the fake selling stops.

If you do not think that borrowing costs via rates has a larger economic impact for businesses than the hand of government you are very very mistaken especially in the last ten years. Ive said this many times that corps are leveraging to lower their float, that increases EPS and thus decreases their stock PE ratios. It is the current way corps are engineering their bonuses and utilizing debt and cash flows.

I am glad you dodged my comments, thats nothing new...when you dont like something you will just ignore it but hey you will whine like crazy when someone does not answer a question to your liking.

So that means you cannot specifically state what Trump has done outside beating some repubs and gaming the electoral college that isnt partisan and has benefited the majority. If he DID something that you two are wanting me to answer I would say it and then I would toss out all the garbage he has been responsible for to easily cancel whatever "positive" he has done. Id love for him to slap down the pharma industry or the healthcare industry but he is OWNED by them as all politicians are so he is a toothless loudmouth who can only attack other politicians or foreign governments (then backtrack as quickly)
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
SS,

I am not needing to re-read your reply...this is what you said and while you might play the republican dance games, it isnt so far off for me to think you insinuated he is an outsider and an Independent from what you said-

President Trump does not truly represent a political party( unless it's the Trump Party) people voted for him because he is a fighter (a street fighter if you will )..people that voted for him were not only Republicans or he would have never been elected,but Independents and disenchanted Democrats

I did answer 165's question and yours...but you did not answer mine, but I have pages of history here where you refuse to answer questions but cry when you think others do not so it is not too shocking to me. I said I do not know of any accomplishment he has made based on his promises and his big fat mouth. I really do not know anything he has done. If you want to say this China in process stuff you can but really it is not an accomplishment. These tariffs who in the end pays for those fees? Also China tariffs are not unique to Trump, many presidents have done this. I remember when I was installing solar back seven years ago and one of the options I was considering for roof racking came from a source in China. They had a superior product in design and function far better than the two or three makers of racking in the US and they told me that there was an aluminum tariff for imports and that it was something like 25%. I ended up finding a small boutique outfit here that was able to get the same design I wanted from this firm and maybe it was the same and they imported I am not sure but tariffs are not new to Trump. Who pays those added costs? The little guy does in the way of increased end cost. So Trump can wave his flag around and tell the little dopes he is pro-USA blah blah but really he is telling you that YOU will pay higher costs one way or the other...either higher costs via tariffs or higher costs by purchasing US products. You can be sure that every single business will push through those added tariffs or go around the game and get the products from some other Asian Rim source who China exports to (this is a fact). The tariffs are a massive zero but it sure sounds good when he yaps about it.

And yeah losing in the common vote in a massive way he did and still getting in office is gaming the system..no other way to say it. I dont fault the GOP, they know they havent won a non-incumbent presidential vote since the early 90s and so they do what they have to but it for sure tarnishes the entire purpose of a common election vote. But thanks for the commie remark, yeah I show all the signs of being a socialist commie...you got me there.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
SS,

Come on...you are the partisan hack not me, so the Obama comments are a massive snoozer. I do not go that way, that is your path. I think you know quite well what is moving the stock market and the economy...it isnt Trump it is the FED.

The rest of the teary eyed Trump is awesome stuff I will pass on, the beating Hillary as a massive accomplishment, beating the big field blah blah who cares, he has owned the big chair for 2.5 years and what has he done?

I made the campaign comments because as YOU and HE have said he is an outsider, an outsider who made a TON of promises, big big mouth promises bashing pretty much everyone around him and making some HUGE (his words) promises, so if your guy isnt full of crap then what are those accomplishments? 

I laugh when you try to do this Obama vs Trump stuff with me, you know better than to float those juvenile tactics.


179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
SS,

Trump did not win the popular vote, so please do not say he did. Trump won because the GOP played the only game they know and it is the electoral college back door way. It exists and they are entitled to playing the game but really do not suggest Trump is an INDY or that he won any popular vote..he lost and did so quite badly. The last time the GOP won a non-incumbent election that was not due to the electoral college was CIA George.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Quote Originally Posted by VigPro:

Trump = pro American

Democrats = Socialism

Ask Venezuela how socialism, 75% tax rates and massive unemployment work out.


You are so out to lunch that it isnt even worth engaging in a discussion with you...anyone that posts the crap you do is either 15 yrs old or needing to bump up the meds. There is not a single political person that you can make the moronic blanket statements about and really believe what you are suggesting.

That said...tell me what your Trump= Pro American verbage means...please do not use goofy media key words like MAGA or USA USA whatever, tell us in big boy words what that means and how Trump has done what you have suggested...that does not mean PRO REPUBLICAN because you might not understand this but there are AMERICANS who are not REPUBLICAN. So please elaborate what it means to all Americans, not blind Republicans only.

179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

The two GREATEST things President Trump has done for our country is stop Hillary Clinton from becoming the president of the United States and appoint two Conservative judges to the Supreme Court.........anything else would be a bonus.

This is partisan garbage and personal bias, and I honestly think that is what got the bozo elected..people like you who are more concerned with their personal interests and biases that you will vote for a despicable abusive cheating loser all because he represents your political party. 

I was going to ask 165 for a list of REAL things Trump has accomplished because for some reason Trump is abused and needs some cheerleading but I knew the response would be as you stated...anything that supports your political views is a win and whomever that person is and their awful, degrading disrespectful actions do not matter.

I prefer the honesty but it would be even more respectful if you and others would quit rationalizing or justifying the lousy horrible way Trump acts and just come out quit acting like it either does not exist or is ok.

Oh and yeah I really would like to hear some actual accomplishments that are not partisan and especially that he campaigned on that he has done since in office. And please spare me the stock market because he has nothing to do with that, if he had any impact it would be for sure negative. The trade war mess SHOULD be largely negative to the market but it isnt and hasnt been because there is only one thing that is really driving the market and it isnt Trump.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Quote Originally Posted by 165yds:

You misread I wrote, what has he done that you LIKE.  Not dislike.  Please answer the question.  He must've done some things you liked correct?  If not, your not being honest.

I misspelled the use of woman.  Are we really going that route?

My frustration is the whole bully thing with you.  You must've wrote that a thousand times.  Perhaps he's just trying to get things done.  I'd like some clear examples of bullying and thug like behavior.  What you see is bullying is him giving you a real opinion not some 15 second sound bite that accomplishes nothing.  You are seeing it from your perspective only.  Try and see it from his point of view.  Again I'd like a couple examples of him bullying people and what he has done that you like.  I'm trying to engage a real conversation with you for once.  Please no potshots or drive-by comments.  Keep it civil.  No name calling.

Just so you know I am not concerned with your spelling rather that you would say such a repulsive thing...do you really feel that way in your personal life? I find that insulting and disgusting..so who cares about women woman I care about that really lousy thing you said.

I am not taking pot shots, rather that you are politically aligned to Trump so obviously you ignore blaring examples right in front of your face. Do you consider making degrading, demeaning names when discussing someone else is a bully tactic? I do...if you have to try and put someone down PERSONALLY when you disagree with them, that is a bully tactic...this clown does it every single day and has for decades. He has to try and demoralize someone and that is not how you conduct business. Treating others you disagree with in a respectful way as the LEADER of our country is a minimum requirement...to me the total lack of class in how he interacts with others is horrible, it is childish and from someone who resorts to personal attacks because they lack the ego to be respectful even when you are upset. That is the only example I need to give but geez there are so many examples of him belittling people, making fun of people in a really sad pathetic manner that is just horrendous and I would say that about anyone but especially this guy in this position. I also consider someone who openly and proudly talks about cheating on his wives as an abuser.

What has he done that I like? Who cares? If you cant hit a minimum as to how you act as a leader and how you treat others I am not interested in trying to raise him up at all. I will say that some of his toothless ideas that he campaigned on and HASNT followed through with were interesting...fake empty promises that meant nothing but were interesting. He made MANY MANY claims about cutting down drug costs yet that inflation has actually accelerated under his watch...I was interested in seeing if he would actually do what he said and he hasnt. I like the idea of equal trade and stopping China from flooding the markets as they do, but then he completely tears down any sort of positive there with his crying about the FED and how our interest rates are so high and if we had Draghi as fed chair that blah blah blah...he has no idea about the harm he has done by trying to strong arm the FED and force rates down, the harm he has forwarded towards savers and the lack of ability to get any safe yield without massive risk. 

I cant say much good about the guy because he is such a selfish terrible person who promised so much and has done so very little being an outsider. I can dismiss it when other career politicians make empty promises like Sanders who is promising the moon but it wont happen and never has and shouldnt, but Trump campaigned on that moronic drain the swap and be an outsider facade and he has done NOTHING to make anything better with regards to his promises.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Quote Originally Posted by 165yds:

Easy to refute.  Everything stated above is an opinion.  Those are not facts.  

Again for the 100th time why do you care about his personality so much?  Why is it so personal with you?  Your're more emotional than a women.  Please answer those two questions.  I've asked you so many times these two questions but you always ignore them.  I never ignore you and always answer any question you may have.  Man up for once and answer the two questions.

Here's another question you are deathly scared of and wouldn't answer because again it is so personal.  What has Trump done as President that you like?

I can see from your reply the reasons you see no issue with Trump, it is because you think like he does. Who makes a comment like "you are more emotional than a women" the word is woman but who says something like that? I know who...TRUMP says things like this. 

Why do I make it personal? Because the guy is a thug and a bully and why would you not stand up against an abuser, a bully a thin little ego jerk? I know in my life I stand up against this type of personality and this clown is the face of the country, he is what millions of people see as a representative of this country so you better believe he should be held to the highest standard of how he treats others...especially right out front in the open.

What has Trump done that I dislike...did you really say those words? Trump does things ALL THE TIME I disagree with and do not like...you really must be in some alternate universe or so politically blinded to not see this and acknowledge what a liar and a fake he is. How about just yesterday, the drug rebate reversal...that is just yesterday. I could go on for pages about things he has done that I disagree with. I think you are out to lunch making a question like that and then suggesting I cannot answer or chose not to. I do not engage with you for the same reasons others do not with me...I do not think there is any good reason to engage with a closed minded person like you are. I am happy to engage and discuss with people who are open and not blinded by political allegiance. 
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
165,

Ill stop when he either changes or is out of office. So what exactly was off topic can you elaborate?

Many of the US soccer team members are not going to make the trip after their win, I said my on topic reply. How about you refute what I said and try not to get your partisan butt sore about the truth and reality I stated. The guy is an abusive, derisive jerk who has tarnished the office. I am not attacking YOUR party, I am attacking that clown and I am doing so based on HIS actions, his lack of respect and classlessness, nothing else.

So please feel free to REFUTE what I said or you follow your own advice and move along. Trump based on his actions and little ego attracts anger in many people, that will never change because he is an abuser and they never change.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to Just Who Is Donald J Trump?
in Politics
Well gee wiz I wonder why women would be offended from the big loser? He only has a multi decade history of abusing, belittling and demeaning women so who would be bothered by that? Its amazing that anyone would want to waste time visiting that little ego, big mouth clown. How about you hold yourself and the position to a high standard and give people a reason to want to visit after a big accomplishment? Trump is a phony, loud mouth embarrassment to this country. I suppose this is a win-win because this frees up more time for his cheating golf resort trips he is so famous for.
179
wallstreetcappers replied to High Risk High Reward .. inside
in Investments

Sheesh these financials look like death...how much cash they have vs short and long term debt and accounts payable, the tangible value of the company is massively negative.

They either dilute the living crap out of the common holder for years or they go BK...they are bleeding cash every quarter so much that they have to either do convertibles or sell common to keep from going under.

Look at the constant common stock issuance on their balance sheet, how can someone that owns this stock ever not be diluted? They are pumping and floating to keep going.

Yucck...

20
wallstreetcappers replied to Crypto thread
in Investments

I pulled up a day chart on BTC and I think I saw that only 20 times in the last 4 months has it been down for the day, that is nuts. Its just been climbing straight up, that cant continue without a shakeout which should go to 10k and lower to really test weak longs.

I am peeved I didnt take a half position in that 3500 range, it was there a long long time. Maybe I'll get another shot, I have what I need if it happens and I dont change my mind.

544
wallstreetcappers replied to Trump need to invade Granada!
in Politics

Trump is not very smart so thankfully he really only gives the final nod and not that he is responsible for actually drawing educated conclusions.

If he gives in to this Iran mistake it will be very bad for him and for this country. 

But hey all Trump cares about is the stock market so if he thinks attacking Iran would force the FED to lower rates to zero I would not doubt he has considered this as an option.

21
wallstreetcappers replied to Crypto thread
in Investments

Yeah so thats akin to general futures trading...meaning 25k min and margin etc.

Pretty high bar for a retail average guy...but they are extra conservative for good reason with how crazy that trades. I bet the allowed leverage on that product isnt super high compared to the SPX or gold or oil etc.

544
wallstreetcappers replied to Crypto thread
in Investments

So tell me about Ameritrade and what they offered, so do they allow retail customers to trade the bitcoin futures? And is it only bitcoin or is it other higher market ones like XRP and Litecoin etc?

Usually with futures there are other costs associated like margin maint costs is that the case here or is it like buying an index and you are buying at X price and sell at whatever the market is without ongoing maint costs?

544
wallstreetcappers replied to It's Woot Off time !!!!!
in General Discussion

Link from unapproved source????

 

an_speechless

5
wallstreetcappers replied to Crypto thread
in Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

2019s best performing asset. It's ten years old and it's worth like 4oz of gold, have you seen the picture of 1.6 billion btc vs 1.6 billion gold? not only do u need an armoured vehicle, who accepts gold, does it transfer instantly around the world? in the words of the great christian bale "what dont you friggin understand?"

It isnt efficient, it lacks use and the market is not stable. It has done well this year and I am ticked it didnt get to 2500 like I wanted but the previous year was a disaster and you never know what it is going to do in the next month or six months.

The transaction efficiency is a HUGE problem..there are not many investments that you can have stolen without recourse, that take 5 hoops to jump through to buy and sell or to buy a boutique coin etc.

 

544

No followers currently

not following anyone currently

Thread Title Last Activity Created Posts
Just Who Is Donald J Trump? July 18, 2019 179
*Forum Updates* July 11, 2019 21
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View