Recent Posts

Thread Author WrightsvilleB Post Entries
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB

Is there a site like Covers for trading stocks?

WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB

I'm looking for the section of Covers where you can sort by RSI Ascending/Descending, sort by best % cappers by league or by all picks, etc but I'm having a hard time finding where that is located now. Or was it taken off?

WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
2/5 NL Hold Em' game. Min buy-in $200 Max $500. 10 players at the table, I am behind the button 2nd to last to act. Player raises $20 pre-flop, gets 4 callers, including myself. ($100 in the pot)

I am holding King/8 of clubs.

Flop comes out Queen (diamond) King (hearts) 8 (spades)

First player bets $70, second player folds, third player calls $70, comes around to me.... I raise to $400.

The player behind me, the button, goes all in for $428.

Two $70 callers both fold, comes around to me, obv I put in $28.

Now he's all in and there's no betting action left.

Button is holding a hand as 6 - 7 off suit (hasn't shown yet but this is what he has)

Turn comes out a 9 of diamonds, river comes 5 of spades.

Player catches runner, runner straight.

In all my years of playing poker, I have never seen a scenario like this. This player calls a $400 raise on the flop with QK8 showing holding 6/7 at a $500 max buy in table needing  
runner, runner for a straight... 

Anyone? 


WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
This scenario would fuck just about everybody.
smartbets
smartbets
Quote Originally Posted by BigNiner:

Wrightsville- define "brass.".

Because the players are the ones who matter and they want to win the game.... Badly. And they will.

Niner, Clearly you know better than this. The moral victory of winning a meaningless game vs. the potential loss in losing the ability to draft Andrew Luck is a factor that cannot be ignored. 

Am I saying that is definitely the case in this particular situation? No, not necessarily. But I do think it adds a variable to the equation that makes capping this game different from other matchups.

IMO

smartbets
smartbets
Let me ask you this... Do you guys think the Colts brass want to win a game period, so long as there are other 1 win teams in the field? That's gotta come into play at some point.
whitesnake1983
whitesnake1983
This thread was amusing 
Covers
Covers
Quote Originally Posted by lonelycoyote:

Lose money on Carolina already... Saints up 7-0

Looks like you Panthers haters were wrong again....
vegasjack2
vegasjack2
VegasJack, nice call buddy. You must have posted 10 times on this thread why picking Carolina was an unthinkable, moronic idea. Have fun seeing your cash go down the toilet buddy.


WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
The Greek has it at a PK
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:



This is a ridiculously flawed theory. So if the Miami Heat were playing the Kansas Jayhawks and needed to win two games in a row, the Jayhawks would be favored because the Heat need to win twice? Cmon man.

Ridiculously flawed theory? Really? Your point would make sense, except, we're not talking about Miami Heat playing the Kansas Jayhawks, where we would have spreads of -23 in favor or Miami or more. We're talking about games that are going down to the wire and the last shot nearly every single game.

It is in fact similar to flipping a coin (although not exactly), because the way Vegas is setting the odds is very similar to a 50-50 outcome. If one team is +110 Money Line for a game, that is just barely different odds than flipping a coin.

Your Kansas comparison is what is ridiculous.


WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Quote Originally Posted by Europa:

You agree Mavs series price at -170 now?


I'd say more like Miami +160 
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Quote Originally Posted by LawsonJames:




This guy may have cursed Dallas backers

I didn't curse anything, and the notion that I have that kind of power is ridiculous. Congrats on your win if you were backing DAL.
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Quote Originally Posted by Europa:

Mavs -170? c'mon man, they will be dogs at Miami in Game 6 and Game 7. How could Mavs -170?


Because two things have to happen for you to win, not one. Yes, Miami will be the favorite if there is a game 7, but there has to be a game 6 win before there can be a game 7.

If you flip a coin, you've got a 50% chance of getting heads, but if you flip it twice, your chance is 25% to get heads two times consecutively.

Same principle applies here. 
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Not saying Dallas will win, I said IF they win. Just speculating, guys. That's what we do on these boards.
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
No way they are -110 heading back home down 3-2. The winner of game 5 in a series tied 2-2 wins 73% of the time, so there is no way they are still favored to win the series.
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
+ ?
WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
Quote Originally Posted by football_007:

How about Mia win easy to night then everyone jump on them for game 6. Dallas upset Mia and force game 7 ?

I'd prefer to take Dallas at home in this spot than on the road in a closeout game.

WrightsvilleB
WrightsvilleB
My theory on whats going to happen:

 Tonight, everyone is expecting Lebron to have a monster game. He does. However, Mavs still get the win and Vegas absolutely rakes in all the money pouring in on Miami. 

The Mavs stunningly take a 3-2 series lead to Miami and the sports world wonders if the Heat will blow it so the finger can be pointed at Lebron again.

Then the Heat go on to win two straight at home and win the NBA title.

I really think this is exactly what will happen. Is there somewhere where I can bet this exact scenario?

Dallas Win + Then Miami Win + Then Miami Win?




topcat69
topcat69
That last shot by Wade could have easily gone in, it almost did. So I guess he wanted to make it close it enough to provide drama, but still ensure the fix, just for extra effect, right?

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View