Recent Posts

Thread Author wallstreetcappers Post Entries
AJLightning
AJLightning

Its like these guys dont know how to grind out a tough course. I've played on some awful tracks as I am sure many of us have, who cares its a game and sometimes the course is perfect and sometimes the course is rough.

Boo hoo the greens are yellow, boo hoo its windy and there isnt some nice rough to stop your ball from rolling off. I respect a winner on a brutal course more than cream puffs like the Masters or the PGA.

As the announcers mentioned there have been many instances where +5 and higher won, these guys need to shut up and play to how the course is best suited for that day...if that means irons off the tee and middle of the green well thats how you play smart. It is almost like there are few to no thinking players, they just want their pristine conditions and low scores every week.

AJLightning
AJLightning

Watching this afternoon and holy crap the ammt of whining and moaning from these professionals is amazing. So what the course is tough, its windy and hard conditions....so keep your composure and grind it out.

Its no mystery why the players near or in the lead are several who have strong nerves and composure.

bucknuts
bucknuts

If it goes into the low teens I will probably buy some. Ive had many biotechs in the past and patience is the hardest thing. My only reservation here is the market cap isnt cheap and it just isnt trading really well..meaning its just kind of slumping along and that kind of makes me wonder. It has a billion dollar market cap, limited sales and limited cash...they will have to either take on more debt or issue shares to raise cash and that wont be good if they have to do a secondary.

Ive found more luck historically taking a flier on microcap biotechs that are under 100M, this one has a bit of a float for a small company (revenue wise) so the risk reward might be small. If you think that things go well, what market cap are you seeing them at and what other companies that are very similar are at those levels? What revenue level do you see them at in reality in 3-5 yrs?

Midnight1
Midnight1

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

I see,, so President Trump is a two faced, self dealing, horrid person, snobby jerk, a sleezeball, self-serving and an elitist....and Hillary......well she's awful.I believe that's a tell on what side someone stands..

 

Haha....actually you know what I feel about that. I am not interested in Hillary or Pelosi or Obama or some other politician. The leader of this country is Trump...he needs to act like it.

Diversion is moronic...why you always default to diversion instead of address the issue directly. There is no need to try and elevate scum by pointing out that there is other scum, we already know that.

 

Midnight1
Midnight1

Quote Originally Posted by LRM704:

Time to ignore this nonsense again. Just came back to this forum to wish our president a very happy birthday.  Carry on

You are in the group I referenced below...that you actually are ok with how Trump is and it is more than political, which is the worst. Trump doesnt care if you wish him anything, he wouldnt give you the time of day unless it served him a purpose.

Oh and who cares about Hillary SS? She is awful no question, I couldnt support her, but what does that have to do with ignoring what a total piece of crap that Trump is?

And yeah I think his foundation dealt dirty, Trump plays any angle he can that serves his purposes... and runs the odds of getting caught and being able to get out of it. 

Midnight1
Midnight1

All these 100 page threads are the same...you have the group of apologists for Trump who give rationalization to all the crap he does, ignore his two faced past and garbage like the self dealing Trump foundation daily crap about him because it suits their political position. I dont care if you are repub or dem, how can anyone ignore the horrid person he is and how childish and petty this guy is? He is OUR leader and he acts like a snobby jerk. 

Then there is the group who attacks the party and not just the candidate, looking for any reason to make a political attack against the repubs...this also is erroneous..the same way it was erroneous when the above group constantly attacked Obama.

Rationalizing an awful person because he represents your party is just as bad as being that awful person. Id have more respect if either side had more ability to act responsibly and acknowledge what is obvious.....then go and keep your silly party line approach. Dont act like Trump isnt a sleezeball because he is, he always has been and always will be. He is self-serving, elitist garbage. 

What is even more disturbing on a different note is if you actually agree with the disrespectful way this administration is conducting themselves from the awful deportation to attacking other leaders to kissing up to a brutal dictator...if you think this is acceptable and you agree with it, I have nothing at all to say about that..

AJLightning
AJLightning

I think this is great..

Once or twice a year (often times the British too) make these guys work extra hard and struggle, its more interesting watching a tough course vs a cream puff, well to me anyway.

bucknuts
bucknuts

That isnt a huge percent short really...not anything that would make a big squeeze IMO.

I was going to ask you what made this drop, its been on a solid move down the last two weeks or so?

nature1970
nature1970

blah blah blah all the rest. 

 

My comment was about government jobs being FAT jobs? Is that true and if so how do you claim that? My inlaws worked for the federal government for over 25 yrs and I dont recall them being anything but middle class average folk...but maybe that to you is FAT? I dunno.

You realize that most of the government tentacles exist because of the abuses of capitalism right? See how it works is corporation A abuses its workers, the environment, the law in some way and gets away with it for a VERY long time because the government is not really equipped to keep pace with a greed based corporation...and once they get caught and have taken their capitalist profits made off abusing others, the government has to either prosecute or legislate or investigate and then laws are made to protect citizens, the environment, society..you know all those things that are needed to have capitalism? 

THAT is why government is so large..layers and layers of regulation, prosecution, oversight etc because of the abuses of capitalism. Notice that when the country was first formed capitalism had not abused nearly what it does now and government was smaller...the larger the economy, the more abuses from corps who have the speed and power to hide, the bigger government becomes.

 

I find it to be disgusting how a fat pig like Trump campaigned on stopping the abuses of corps, of wall street, of the pharma companies and he has done literally NOTHING of what he promised, in fact he has opened the flood gates and stomped all over the protections made before him...he is a slimy, bankruptcy capitalist pig and anyone who didnt know that is less intelligent than the current knucklehead in office.

nature1970
nature1970

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

According to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.. The federal government cut 3,000 jobs in May and federal employment has now dropped by 24,000 since Jan.20th,2017.Thanks Obama .. 
Draining the proverbial "SWAMP"....Wait till the IG report arrives....That's how most private corporations TRIM their "fat"...from the top....Btw..WALL..Are you tired off all WINNING going on......FACTS don't LIE.....

Did you say something original or did I miss it?

So 3k government jobs are high paying FAT jobs? Who told you that, the fat king himself or some blog you subscribe to?

I think I missed Trump blowing his stack today, I am sure you have his twitter on red alert to make sure you can keep up.

 

new_praise

nature1970
nature1970

The number is crap, the labor pool is at a statistical historic low, so many people out of the market that this number means nothing at all.

Its nice to see some MARGINAL wage improvement but these UE numbers are junk and seriously manipulated.

Cute that the chubbo cannot stop himself from pre-tweeting about what the numbers were..what a dope.

zebrakiller
zebrakiller

Ive got a local Indian casino about 5 min away. Ive never stepped inside because I am not interested in slots and bingo but sports betting is a different story. I gotta think the vig and lines are going to be awful and limits low.

I_Need_A_Detox
I_Need_A_Detox

Reading this thread is like reading garbage on zerohedge...completely one sided back patting and abusive berating of anyone not agreeing with the general consensus.

Make sure everyone respects each other and the rules even inside an obviously biased thread like this.

loserforeverz
loserforeverz
Quote Originally Posted by suuma:


If Haley is a good OC, he won't ask Taylor to make throws he can't make. And what throws can't Taylor make?

Haley was our OC when the team and Warner went to the SB and he is a VERY demanding and very stubborn OC, he has fought with all QB's he has worked with and he might not be accustomed to working with Taylor...meaning Taylor is no Big Ben or Kurt Warner and those two guys fought with Haley all the time.

The throws Taylor might not make were covered in the reply the OP made.
loserforeverz
loserforeverz

Haley is a good OC but I am not sold on the QB...I dont think he can make the throws Haley will ask of him. I would expect improvements but that number is probably right where they land.

wallstreetcappers
wallstreetcappers

Line item the math....go ahead and line item as I did if you are going to refute my work. I say it cannot be done and save for retirement unless you have expenses which are subsidized or artificially low. The math does not work. You say it does, so spare me the links and spend a few minutes LINE ITEMIZING your viewpoint.

If you think it is ok to take a shot at my POV (which is fine) then back it up with your own words, not some links. If not then feel free to skip the replies because you are doing nothing but hit and run attacking. It is EASY to nitpick someone else but if you cannot back it up on your own then better to not say anything at all.

wallstreetcappers
wallstreetcappers

No thanks on links, you are a one sided hit and run poster, not at all interested in reading lazy links and engaging with you in any fashion. Feel free to do more than attack and then hide when confronted-

 

Yes.  I believe someone brought up the 20 or 25 an hour a while ago.  Last couple of weeks I think.  
Sure, you absolutely can do well on that and retire early.  That was the whole point.  There are people that do it all the time.  It is basic. You simply live within your means and don't go in debt.  Save and invest well.  Many, many people do this.  They live a much more satisfying life than folks I know that make 500-600k a year --- but are very deep in debt.   This is all relative.  But sure, you can make way more money and work forever --- because you lived beyond your means and could not afford to retire early.  The converse is extremely true. 
wallstreetcappers
wallstreetcappers

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

I didn't ask the question. The other fellow did.  I just wondered what exactly you would do differently?  I know why. Just don't know what is all.

 

Oh my word....what a joke. So these questions go one way, the way you want them to eh???

Sorry but if you cannot answer questions, please feel free to say nothing and for sure do not challenge me to answer when you refuse.

ilsp2003
ilsp2003

Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

Would you care about the UE number if it were to rise?My guess is you’d be all over it but I could be wrong

Uhmmm I was right here when the UE number went up, right here when it came down. My stance is the same...the number is useless.

ilsp2003
ilsp2003

Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

I’m fine with calling each other names I just want to make sure it’s allowed. Do you guys know who moderates the politics forum? Who should I ask?

Well if you want the tough approach you would be on the ultra short list to be boxed...and if you want to pull your usual complaining "who is moderating" stuff that is ok too...but it goes both ways. You are one of the greatest offenders of the bashing soft rule and have been given more leeway than probably anyone in this politics forum.

 

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View