Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Michelle Obama's Political Career?
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4665
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:24:10 PM
Personally, I think if she runs for the senate in Illinois or for President she will win. The reason is she will carry 100% of the electorate her husband received.

Are there any Covers members that voted for Barack that will not vote for her against a Republican?

If there is a Republican you would vote for over her then let us know. Otherwise, your silence will be counted as a vote for Michelle.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#2
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:29:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

Personally, I think if she runs for the senate in Illinois or for President she will win. The reason is she will carry 100% of the electorate her husband received.

Are there any Covers members that voted for Barack that will not vote for her against a Republican?

If there is a Republican you would vote for over her then let us know. Otherwise, your silence will be counted as a vote for Michelle.

If my only choices are Michelle Obama or any relevant Republican Presidential Candidate than I am going to abstain from voting. 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:30:29 PM
Oh and btw, I have never voted for Obama. Abstained in '08 and Gary Johnson in '12. 
quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21463
Location: Belize
#4
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:56:28 PM

Michelle Obama has repeatedly said over and over again she has no interest in ever running for any Political Office.
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5714
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 3/15/2013 3:35:50 PM
If it is Michelle or our recent republican offerings - give me Michelle.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
lordspoint send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordspoint
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13063
Location: Connecticut
#6
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:07:33 PM

anybody but another Obama

quote
Danrules24 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
Danrules24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2489
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:10:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lordspoint:

anybody but another Obama

Or Bush or Clinton...lol.

quote
TILTOLOGIC
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4918
Location: Uganda
#8
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:36:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:

If it is Michelle or our recent republican offerings - give me Michelle.



just another mindless partisan hack about 2 steps above Don...congrats on your new title
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:30:12 PM
I personally would separate the fact that she is married to obama...

she may have different views and different styles of governing and dealing with people...


It is the mindless partisan lemmings that will vote for her because she is married to barry... and those that will blindly vote for against her because she is married to obama regardless of who the GOP runs...

but the OP asked if there was a GOP that we would vote for over that... but I think is mistaken that saying that we cant back one does not mean a vote for michelle...

I did not vote for obama in 2008, but I did not blindly vote for romney either...  so my not voting/silence was not an endorsement for the other side... that view seems to entrenched in the partisan lemming paradigm...
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4665
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:54:25 PM
This is where we stand right now

Me, Tilt, Dan, and Lord can probably find a Republican out there better than Michelle

Goose, Matt, KTrain, and DL will be voting for Michelle.

See ya at the polls.
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:02:45 PM
lol funny how speak for others... but how you think is to be expected...   

Like I said... I would not automatically vote for against michelle based on what party she is in or her being married to the president...

I would not blindly vote for any GOP just to vote against her... and not blindly vote for her because she is a DEM...  

I would look at each candidate individually and then make comparisons to critically analyze each candidate against each other...  

but how I think and vote is different then you... and thats okay... its america, you have the right to make decisions in your way...   but you assumptions really show how you think about things...

the reality is that I think she wont run for anything in the next 4 years... after that who knows... shes young, she could get divorced and run on her own under her maiden name...  alot could happen...
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:04:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:




just another mindless partisan hack about 2 steps above Don...congrats on your new title

+1
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4665
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:41:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

lol funny how speak for others... but how you think is to be expected...   

Like I said... I would not automatically vote for against michelle based on what party she is in or her being married to the president...

I would not blindly vote for any GOP just to vote against her... and not blindly vote for her because she is a DEM...  

I would look at each candidate individually and then make comparisons to critically analyze each candidate against each other...  

but how I think and vote is different then you... and thats okay... its america, you have the right to make decisions in your way...   but you assumptions really show how you think about things...

the reality is that I think she wont run for anything in the next 4 years... after that who knows... shes young, she could get divorced and run on her own under her maiden name...  alot could happen...

You do a lot of talking but don't say much. "Supposedly" you didn't vote for Obama and you still can't name one republican candidate. But then again, not many "conservatives" think other country's healthcare is better than ours.

Off the top of my head...
I take Rubio over H Clinton/M Obama
Rand Paul over H Clinton/M Obama
Paul Ryan over H Clinton/M Obama

I predict instead of getting your fingerprints on a specific candidate you will go into a long, meaningless diatribe about partisan lemmings and God knows what else.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#14
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:56:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

This is where we stand right now

Me, Tilt, Dan, and Lord can probably find a Republican out there better than Michelle

Goose, Matt, KTrain, and DL will be voting for Michelle.

See ya at the polls.

Do you even bother to read responses to this? Why create this thread then? Did you have nothing better to do today? 

Try reading post #2 again. If you can't do that then you should probably stop creating threads like this. 


quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5714
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 3/15/2013 10:27:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:




just another mindless partisan hack about 2 steps above Don...congrats on your new title

relax dude. it was an obviously sarcastic and antagonistic response to an obviously antagonistic question.  Do not read into it too much 
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5714
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 3/15/2013 10:28:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:


+1

as I stated above -- "relax dude. it was an obviously sarcastic and antagonistic response to an obviously antagonistic question.  Do not read into it too much" 
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:16:36 AM
nah I was talking about canos being the mindless partisan hack...

sorry... it seemed pretty obvious...
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:21:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


Do you even bother to read responses to this? Why create this thread then? Did you have nothing better to do today? 

Try reading post #2 again. If you can't do that then you should probably stop creating threads like this. 



hes up to the old bowslit strategy of trying to characterize others that dont blindly agree with the prescribed rhetoric as ultra liberals...

he also has this insane paranoia that people who did not vote for obama actually did...  he will insist that you did and therefore make the assumption that you will vote democrat on everything...

while more savvy then bowlshit, the basic premise is the same... he made the thread simply to try to characterize independents as democrats...

Its been the same story since 2008... unless you agree that obama is a racist, socialist, communist, hitler, satan, antichrist and the talking points of fox "news" then you must be a completely brain washed liberal...  look at how he thinks... you have to be one or the other in his fantasy land...
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:30:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


You do a lot of talking but don't say much. "Supposedly" you didn't vote for Obama and you still can't name one republican candidate. But then again, not many "conservatives" think other country's healthcare is better than ours.

Off the top of my head...
I take Rubio over H Clinton/M Obama
Rand Paul over H Clinton/M Obama
Paul Ryan over H Clinton/M Obama

I predict instead of getting your fingerprints on a specific candidate you will go into a long, meaningless diatribe about partisan lemmings and God knows what else.

you are too funny...

read your own post

honestly I dont know illinois politics well enough to know which GOPs she would run against for senate...  you did say senate first right?

so i could answer about possible illinois senate GOP contenders...  can you?  I cant...  Im not from illinois or the midwest...

Then you go on to say she runs for president... but then in this post you have her slated as vice president...

What are you even talking about?

Are you okay?

Like seriously... senate?  president?  vicepresident?  

I tried to address the topic and answer the question.... but I dont even know what you are trying to say here with you flipping and flopping around with the senate/president/vicepresident...

Do you even know what you were trying to say?

I am sorry but this infantile attempt has failed miserably....

was your strategy to make no sense so that no one could answer ? 

If so you suceeded...

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4665
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 3/16/2013 8:15:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


Do you even bother to read responses to this? Why create this thread then? Did you have nothing better to do today? 

Try reading post #2 again. If you can't do that then you should probably stop creating threads like this. 



I created this thread to get the mindset of some of the members here on Covers and it was exactly what I expected.

You or DL can't make a choice (or don't want to publicly admit, i.e. fingerprints) between the wife of our President who has never held political office versus candidates that have a voting record and we know where they stand.

In post #2 you mentioned any "relevant" Republican candidate. In post #13 I listed three specific candidates. Can you name a specific candidate you would vote for? They can be relevant or irrelevant. Or as of right now Michelle Obama is on par with everyone of them.
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4665
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 3/16/2013 8:32:38 AM
Darryl:

Before you blow up and your eyes glaze over read every paragraph before deciding what to say.

In Post #13 I responded to your post #11 with this:
"I predict instead of getting your fingerprints on a specific candidate you will go into a long, meaningless diatribe about partisan lemmings and God knows what else."

You responded in Post #19 with more drivel and diatribe then your original post #11. You stated "You are trying to answer the question" but blah, blah, blah and no answer. Is someone holding a gun to your head preventing you from answering. Maybe Chief or one of the other inmates have you in a full nelson?

I mentioned Illinois senate because she is from there. If she runs I think she will win. I'm not from Illinois either but that doesn't prevent me from making that comment about Illinois. Now, if she runs for President I can vote in that election. I named three specific candidates in post #13 that I would choose over her. Do you choose Michelle Obama over them or are you like Ktrain and have her "on par" with them?

You talk about me being all over the place. Post #1 was short and sweet. Re-read it. If you think this is a silly thread then why the "F" did you respond to it?
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5714
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 3/16/2013 10:33:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

nah I was talking about canos being the mindless partisan hack...

sorry... it seemed pretty obvious...

gotcha 
quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4400
Location:
#23
Posted: 3/16/2013 11:57:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


I created this thread to get the mindset of some of the members here on Covers and it was exactly what I expected.

You or DL can't make a choice (or don't want to publicly admit, i.e. fingerprints) between the wife of our President who has never held political office versus candidates that have a voting record and we know where they stand.

In post #2 you mentioned any "relevant" Republican candidate. In post #13 I listed three specific candidates. Can you name a specific candidate you would vote for? They can be relevant or irrelevant. Or as of right now Michelle Obama is on par with everyone of them.

 

I guess the list doesn't include people like 14daroad, Don Juan....etc. Btw, how come no Christie on your list?

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#24
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:24:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


I created this thread to get the mindset of some of the members here on Covers and it was exactly what I expected.

You or DL can't make a choice (or don't want to publicly admit, i.e. fingerprints) between the wife of our President who has never held political office versus candidates that have a voting record and we know where they stand.

In post #2 you mentioned any "relevant" Republican candidate. In post #13 I listed three specific candidates. Can you name a specific candidate you would vote for? They can be relevant or irrelevant. Or as of right now Michelle Obama is on par with everyone of them.

Why do you have to take the George W. Bush position of "You're either with us or against us". That's essentially what you just did. 

I can't imagine why the Republican Party is losing it's popularity around the country. 

I would take a strong look at Rubio and what his positions are if he decides to make a run in '16. I'll pass on Rand and Paul Ryan though. If I wanted Paul Ryan in office I wouldn't have voted for Romney as oppose to Gary Johnson. 

You really need to stop lumping people into one group or the other though. Especially when they make it extremely clear that their position doesn't fall into either one of those categories. The world isn't always black or white. 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#25
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:32:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:


hes up to the old bowslit strategy of trying to characterize others that dont blindly agree with the prescribed rhetoric as ultra liberals...

he also has this insane paranoia that people who did not vote for obama actually did...  he will insist that you did and therefore make the assumption that you will vote democrat on everything...

while more savvy then bowlshit, the basic premise is the same... he made the thread simply to try to characterize independents as democrats...

Its been the same story since 2008... unless you agree that obama is a racist, socialist, communist, hitler, satan, antichrist and the talking points of fox "news" then you must be a completely brain washed liberal...  look at how he thinks... you have to be one or the other in his fantasy land...


I really was hoping Cano had more sense than 14 but I see that probably isn't the case. Hell even Bowlslit at least reads my response and understands it. He usually doesn't agree with it but at least he understands it. Cano reads my responses and chooses to take the complete opposite meaning of it. I really think he might have some sort of learning disorder now. 
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.