Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Five Guys: Obamacare will boost burger prices
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4862
Location: United States
#26
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:05:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



mostly no, but in some circumstances, yes.  give me an example and i'll tell you what i think.  as to the most obvious example, that dj brought up, government should not tell women what they can do with their bodies, at least for the first several months. 

You should know me by now and where I was going.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy.
Telling a woman what to do with her body (abortion)-bad
Telling someone what to do with their body (fast food, soda, etc)-
good

Liberals will say obese people put a strain on the healthcare system. Unless that woman is paying for the abortion herself then I would say abortions also put a strain on the healthcare system.

Liberals will come back and say an abortion ultimately cost less that raising a baby in a poor environment (welfare, food stamps, etc). I would respond, like most conservatives, with "How 'bout people taking some damn individual responsibility."

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20899
Location: United States
#27
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:17:32 AM
i would argue that not having the abortion puts a huge strain on our government benefit system.  but anyway, i'm against more government laws in both of these situations. 


quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4862
Location: United States
#28
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:19:11 AM
Front Row:

Numerous "fiscal conservatives" have started threads like this and it is like speaking another language to "fiscal liberals."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you work in the private sector, especially in a management position, you would not be a liberal. At least fiscally.

In past threads I asked if any of them worked in the private sector. Plenty responded. Now, none of them responded "Yes, I'm responsible for employees and budgets but I'm still liberal." Instead, they sounded p*ssed that I asked the question, which basically means zero work in the private sector.

No matter what it comes to: higher taxes, min wage, Obamacare, they are going to take the govt's side. Basically saying the companies need to absorb the higher costs.

Until they are actually in the private sector responsible for a budget then I don't think they have any credibility. It would be like a man telling a woman what to do with her body.
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#29
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:20:13 AM

It also makes you lower the amount of hours worked per employee.

 

A fast-food chain is slashing employee hours so franchise owners don’t have to pay health benefits. Around 100 local Wendy’s workers have learned their hours are being cut. A spokesperson says a new health care law is to blame.

[snip]

The company has announced that all non-management positions will have their hours reduced to 28 a week. Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for the local franchise, says the cuts are coming because the new Affordable Health Care Act requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week. Under the current law they are not considered full time and that as a small business owner, he can’t afford to stay in operation and pay for everyone’s health insurance.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/07/obamacare-28-hours/

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13546
Location: United States
#30
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:42:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


You should know me by now and where I was going.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy.
Telling a woman what to do with her body (abortion)-bad
Telling someone what to do with their body (fast food, soda, etc)-
good

Liberals will say obese people put a strain on the healthcare system. Unless that woman is paying for the abortion herself then I would say abortions also put a strain on the healthcare system.

Liberals will come back and say an abortion ultimately cost less that raising a baby in a poor environment (welfare, food stamps, etc). I would respond, like most conservatives, with "How 'bout people taking some damn individual responsibility."

Wow.

Its hard to be the most intellectually challenged poster in a thread with Front Row Center, but you have done the job smashingly.

Abortion costs more on our system than a born unwanted child, that (by percentile) is born into poverty?

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, yeah, individual responsibility. That's like the right winger whose solution to the abortion situation is telling the woman she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place.

You should just use the word 'right wing wacko' in place of conservative in your thread. Most conservatives I know (present company included) don't think at all like you. Then again, one must have the ability to think so you are at a disadvantage.

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4862
Location: United States
#31
Posted: 3/14/2013 1:24:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Wow.

Its hard to be the most intellectually challenged poster in a thread with Front Row Center, but you have done the job smashingly.

Abortion costs more on our system than a born unwanted child, that (by percentile) is born into poverty?

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, yeah, individual responsibility. That's like the right winger whose solution to the abortion situation is telling the woman she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place.

You should just use the word 'right wing wacko' in place of conservative in your thread. Most conservatives I know (present company included) don't think at all like you. Then again, one must have the ability to think so you are at a disadvantage.


I take it the conservatives you know like obamacare, taxpayer funded abortions, welfare, min wage, and all other govt assistance as opposed to personal responsibility and self reliance.

You need to get yourself some new "conservative" friends

quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#32
Posted: 3/14/2013 1:28:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

Front Row:

Numerous "fiscal conservatives" have started threads like this and it is like speaking another language to "fiscal liberals."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you work in the private sector, especially in a management position, you would not be a liberal. At least fiscally.

In past threads I asked if any of them worked in the private sector. Plenty responded. Now, none of them responded "Yes, I'm responsible for employees and budgets but I'm still liberal." Instead, they sounded p*ssed that I asked the question, which basically means zero work in the private sector.

No matter what it comes to: higher taxes, min wage, Obamacare, they are going to take the govt's side. Basically saying the companies need to absorb the higher costs.

Until they are actually in the private sector responsible for a budget then I don't think they have any credibility. It would be like a man telling a woman what to do with her body.

Very true.  I just heard on CPAC.  If you are a small businessman and you voted for Obama, that is like being a chicken and voting for Col Sanders.  haha

quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#33
Posted: 3/14/2013 1:31:22 PM
I am thinking about opening up a new franchise.  Am I worried about the product, the location, the operations, the construction??  NO, my biggest concern is how Obamacare will hurt my business ad the uncertainty of future taxes being raised.........
quote
Cool_Arrow send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Cool_Arrow
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 514
Location: Virginia
#34
Posted: 3/14/2013 1:56:46 PM
You guys on the right do realize that obamacare has been the law of the land for 3 years now and it has survived a Constitutional challenge and an electoral challenge so it is here to stay? Maybe if the Rs had some ideas if something better people would listen but their only ideas are to repeal it and do nothing. If the GOP thinks it is a great winning strategy then by all means go with it.
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#35
Posted: 3/14/2013 4:19:32 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/27/subway_founder_if_i_started_subway_today_subway_would_not_exist.html

SIMON HOBBS, CNBC: You know, it's 13 years since you wrote the book Start Small, Finish Big, which was about grassroots entrepreneurship. Do you think the environment for those chasing the American dream by setting up their own business has gotten worse or better in those 13 years?

FRED DELUCA, SUBWAY FOUNDER: It's continuously gotten worse because there's more and more regulations and it's tougher for people to get into business, especially a small business. I tell you, if I started Subway today, Subway would not exist, because I had an easy time of it in the '60s when I started and I just see a continuous increase in regulation.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20899
Location: United States
#36
Posted: 3/14/2013 4:22:01 PM
more irony with subway complaining about healthcare costs.  but it is fitting for subway.  subway advertising itself as a good place to eat to stay healthy and lose weight is almost as ridiculous as republicans advertising themselves as fiscal conservatives.  
quote
potter36 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
potter36
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 811
Location: United States
#37
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:21:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

for posts 7 & 8, you guys should know by now that i post exaggerations and generalizations almost exlusively in response to the same initially done by someone else.  and there's a lot of rightwing exaggeration and generalization to work with on this forum. 

lordspoint, not all people who eat at 5 guys are fat but almost all of the food served at 5 guys contributes to obesity and the expensive conditions that result from it and similar problems.

Dirt, if I missed your exaggeration or sarcasm then that was on me.  However I don't think that Five Guys complaining about health care is ironic.  In this case health care refers to their added business cost not the fact that their product clogs hearts and widens as s's.   What I find confusing is the amount of posters that will get on here and b itch about a companies handling of their operations.  If they don't like it why don't they go out, practice their  entrepreneurial right and build a competitive business to counter what they are so against.  I posed the same question countless times to one of the pro union guys on here and could never get an answer, not that I expected one.

Maybe you just look at this example the same way I look at Democratic politicians.....they claim to represent the "little guy", and preach about the wealthy paying their fair share.  However when 7 of the 10 highest net wealth senators are Democrats, then the hypocrisy speaks for itself.  Anyway, not meaning any kind of an argument.
quote
lordspoint send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordspoint
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13066
Location: Connecticut
#38
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:35:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Gee. I bet Chick-Fil-A comes out and says that their labor costs have increased thus, the price of sandwiches are increasing.

Its called 'selectivism.' Mindless right wingers will blame ObamaCare without analyzing the situation.

Any additional cost can always be claimed as a basis to pass on to the consumer. Welcome to the real world. At our office, we can, at any time, raise prices/charges. All of these businesses that are coming out and claiming this is the basis begs the question....why isn't every business using this excuse?

maybe they dont want any negative reaction to their price increases and therefore dont publicly say anything.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20899
Location: United States
#39
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:16:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potter36:


Dirt, if I missed your exaggeration or sarcasm then that was on me.  However I don't think that Five Guys complaining about health care is ironic.  In this case health care refers to their added business cost not the fact that their product clogs hearts and widens as s's.   What I find confusing is the amount of posters that will get on here and b itch about a companies handling of their operations.  If they don't like it why don't they go out, practice their  entrepreneurial right and build a competitive business to counter what they are so against.  I posed the same question countless times to one of the pro union guys on here and could never get an answer, not that I expected one.

Maybe you just look at this example the same way I look at Democratic politicians.....they claim to represent the "little guy", and preach about the wealthy paying their fair share.  However when 7 of the 10 highest net wealth senators are Democrats, then the hypocrisy speaks for itself.  Anyway, not meaning any kind of an argument.


most of my garbage is sarcasm. 

i'm really just referring to the bigger picture.  we are inundated with costs due to exploding obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc and a major cause is our diet, i.e. the kidn of food they sell at fast food type places like 5 guys. 

democrats are the worst, no wait, second worst in my opinion. 
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.