Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Absolutely LOVE the Ryan pick.
Rush51 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Rush51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4002
Location: California
#26
Posted: 8/11/2012 2:59:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sundance:

Ryan will be able to articulate to the American people that increasing taxes on the rich will not come close to solving our fiscal problems. We need a new "hope and change" in this country. Can somebody please help me. What exactly was Obama's "hope and change" for the United States of America?



I have no idea... but  i HOPE we can CHANGE presidents.
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#27
Posted: 8/11/2012 4:48:20 PM
Romney has surpassed $2 million in donations since this morning.

quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3281
Location:
#28
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:06:30 PM
Virginia and Florida swing voters will likely shift more blue when they hear Ryan's budget plan in detail. 
Do you think Virginia federal gov't workers will enjoy hearing that the Republican budget plan for fiscal 2013 calls for extending the federal pay freeze through 2015, increasing federal retirement contributions and cutting the federal workforce by 10 percent?
Do you think future Florida retirees, age 55 or less, will take kindly to a Medicare voucher plan? 

Good luck. Tough sledding ahead for Romney and his backers.
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#29
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:10:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:

Virginia and Florida swing voters will likely shift more blue when they hear Ryan's budget plan in detail. 
Do you think Virginia federal gov't workers will enjoy hearing that the Republican budget plan for fiscal 2013 calls for extending the federal pay freeze through 2015, increasing federal retirement contributions and cutting the federal workforce by 10 percent?
Do you think future Florida retirees, age 55 or less, will take kindly to a Medicare voucher plan? 

Good luck. Tough sledding ahead for Romney and his backers.

Tough decisions vs falling off a cliff with the status quo???
I think tough decisions win.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012   So Pumped!!!!
quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3281
Location:
#30
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:20:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by FrontRowCenter:


Tough decisions vs falling off a cliff with the status quo???
I think tough decisions win.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012   So Pumped!!!!

A very politically questionable choice if Romney truly wants victory. It only serves to "pump" up voters he already had and does nothing to bring swing state voters to his side. In fact, it does quite the opposite.

I personally do not like either candidate, but Romney and Ryan leave much to be desired.
quote
Greenikes send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Greenikes
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1126
Location:
#31
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:26:07 PM
Ryan is a golden pick... when compared to Sarah Palin..
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#32
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:35:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:


A very politically questionable choice if Romney truly wants victory. It only serves to "pump" up voters he already had and does nothing to bring swing state voters to his side. In fact, it does quite the opposite.

I personally do not like either candidate, but Romney and Ryan leave much to be desired.

Everyone I know is not just OK with the pick, but are extremely EXCITED!!!!

LOVE the Pick!!!  

The debt and he economy is in your face Obama, and Obama does not like talking about the debt.  The status quo is not working.........
quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3281
Location:
#33
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:36:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Greenikes:

Ryan is a golden pick... when compared to Sarah Palin..

True. He is an unquestionable upgrade over Palin.

But she is so much better to look at. Check this recent pic out:

http://www.styleite.com/media/sarah-palin-superman-t-shirt/
quote
Rush51 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Rush51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4002
Location: California
#34
Posted: 8/11/2012 7:44:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:


A very politically questionable choice if Romney truly wants victory. It only serves to "pump" up voters he already had and does nothing to bring swing state voters to his side. In fact, it does quite the opposite.

I personally do not like either candidate, but Romney and Ryan leave much to be desired.


Mellow, I respect your views from the other thread... but you have to ask yourself a very fundamental question ;

Do you believe big government is the answer.    In other words, look at the broader picture in your decision-making..

It really is a fundamental principle on how this country should be led  ; big government vs. small government
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8749
Location:
#35
Posted: 8/11/2012 8:08:42 PM
Romney>>>obama
Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joe "the toilet" Bidet

Mellow Wolf's dad approached him about 5 years ago and told him he had two choices a) have his allowance reduced to $5 weekly from 10 or b) continue to take the $10 with the likelihood that he might not end up with anything at all. If you review his posting pattern, he only posts during library hours.

Moral: keeping the US afloat is more important than the benefits of any single person.

Say NO to the status quo.
quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3281
Location:
#36
Posted: 8/11/2012 8:32:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:

Romney>>>obama
Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joe "the toilet" Bidet

Mellow Wolf's dad approached him about 5 years ago and told him he had two choices a) have his allowance reduced to $5 weekly from 10 or b) continue to take the $10 with the likelihood that he might not end up with anything at all. If you review his posting pattern, he only posts during library hours.

Moral: keeping the US afloat is more important than the benefits of any single person.

Say NO to the status quo.

Simplistic analogy regarding our situation which is not accurate. 

And library hours? Not sure where you are going with that jab.

Not trying to convince you or Rush51 to vote differently. I am certainly not voting for Romney and unsure if I will write-in a vote, vote for Obama or abstain. There is simply not enough in Romney's agenda to convince me that the country would be on the right track with him at the helm. Quite the contrary.

Romney likely just committed political suicide with his VP choice, imo. That will be clearly evident come November. Romney backers should be concerned, not enthusiastic about this decision. The way the electoral college is set up, an Obama victory is now very likely.


quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#37
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:17:17 AM
Romney went from losing to losing big.  Way to go Mitt!

Mitt's already running away from Ryan and it hasn't even been 24 hours.  Ryan's claim to fame is his budget, which Mitt said is marvelous.  Now he says well maybe not so much.  Pure comedy gold.

Romney already repudiating the Ryan Plan.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8749
Location:
#38
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:31:58 AM
obamatax absolutely decimates medicare, but you somehow decide to focus on the impact of the Ryan budget. Cuts need to be made and he is likely the most capable in that regard.

I'm pretty sure that those that were dead set against Romney were not swayed today, but those were unattainable votes anyway. The enthusiasm among the base and moderates was elevated several notches today. In no way was it suicide, though if America re-elects obama it almost certainly will be.

Sorry about the analogy...will type more slowly next time.
(You chose the $10 and now can only access the internet from the library). (That's an attempt at humor).

We can only hope that the country can recover.........for the sake of everyone.



quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 22252
Location: Belize
#39
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:49:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by winonsaturday:

This seals it for Obama. A Romney tax plan that actually raises taxes on the middle class, while slashing them for the wealthy coupled with Ryan's known desire to cut all social safety nets is absolute political suicide.

Game over.

 

 





So simple and yet so true.  As you can plainly see, this political forum needs your wisdom.  Welcome, and don't be a stranger.


quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23677
Location: United States
#40
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:20:30 AM
I hear alot of obama talk on a tread about ryan...

I hear some biden and palin talk on a tread about ryan...





Can someone explain to me WHY ryan was the best choice...

and probably specifically why he was better then the specific alternate GOP choices?
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#41
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:05:41 AM
Mitt's already running away from Ryan and it hasn't even been 24 hours


Oh really?

So, while you might find an issue or two where they might not agree, they are in complete agreement on the direction that they want to lead America


Did you ever notice those "facts" you leftist believe in are actually lies?
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#42
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:24:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

GREAT selection. BOTH the Tea Party Anarchists AND the Liberals are happy. should make for a more "interesting" race. I will be curious to see what happens with Republican seniors poll numbers when they figure out Ryan want's to steal their Medicare.

Ryan's plan includes a complete restructuring of Medicare for people younger than 55. Pluralities of middle-aged Americans as well as those 65 and older prefer Ryan's plan to Obama's

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15413
Location: Pennsylvania
#43
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:39:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:


True. He is an unquestionable upgrade over Palin.

But she is so much better to look at. Check this recent pic out:

http://www.styleite.com/media/sarah-palin-superman-t-shirt/


wtf

Palin = Gemma Teller
quote
captjohn67 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Location: Alabama
#44
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:00:23 AM

i think it was a horrible selection

 

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#45
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:45:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Mitt's already running away from Ryan and it hasn't even been 24 hours


Oh really?

So, while you might find an issue or two where they might not agree, they are in complete agreement on the direction that they want to lead America


Did you ever notice those "facts" you leftist believe in are actually lies?


Ryan's budget is "an issue or two"?  Nice spin.  It's Ryan's claim to fame.  His signature work.  His view for the country.  The plan that Mitt called marvelous.  Nobody buys that as an issue or two.

Just what I figured.  Mitt doesn't like to commit to anything, but he picked a guy that actually does take positions (albeit disastrous ones IMO).  But Mitt doesn't like to be pinned down on anything.  Going to fun trying to watch him make that dance.  We're still waiting on Mitt's "dramatic" plan -- I guess it's not The Ryan Plan after all.
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#46
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:32:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depeche2:



Ryan's budget is "an issue or two"?  Nice spin.  It's Ryan's claim to fame.  His signature work.  His view for the country.  The plan that Mitt called marvelous.  Nobody buys that as an issue or two.

Just what I figured.  Mitt doesn't like to commit to anything, but he picked a guy that actually does take positions (albeit disastrous ones IMO).  But Mitt doesn't like to be pinned down on anything.  Going to fun trying to watch him make that dance.  We're still waiting on Mitt's "dramatic" plan -- I guess it's not The Ryan Plan after all.


You understand that nothing in that link supports the claim that Romney is "distancing" himself from Ryan, right?
quote
jmw59 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 13734
Location: Louisiana
#47
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:20:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikael99:

Wow you are delusional if you think this vp pick signal anything else than desperation.

quote
hoopsvader send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
hoopsvader
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3024
Location: Djibouti
#48
Posted: 8/12/2012 6:13:03 PM
The only reason why I am voting for Romney...his press secretary, Andrea Saul. She will have every press conference packed with new fans.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/783266740/TWEET_PIC_2.jpg
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5845
Location: Nevada
#49
Posted: 8/12/2012 7:01:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hoopsvader:

The only reason why I am voting for Romney...his press secretary, Andrea Saul. She will have every press conference packed with new fans.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/783266740/TWEET_PIC_2.jpg


Mitt should be promoting her.....not Paul Ryan. 


quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#50
Posted: 8/12/2012 7:26:38 PM
10,000 showed up in NC today to see Romney/Ryan.

Contrast:

Admission is $51, and the room is only half full at Obama fundraiser (photos)

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.