Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Romney voters get in here…
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#26
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:14:43 PM
RJSmith – All those things you pointed out in the bible are nothing compared to what I posted. Those rules were written my Neanderthals 2000 years ago on psychedelic mushrooms. Romney stands with his religion first and governs second. He is just better at hiding it that others. Sarah Palin, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Mitt Romney are the same person.

ClubDirt – I like your church, consider me a member, and sent you a friend request.

TILTOLOGIC – I know being crazy doesn’t matter. Republicans are so screwed in the head that they would elect an Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley, or Marshall Applewhite worshiper as president of the United States. I’m sure what the president at ate the age of 6 was important or those crazy birthers…yeah…yeah…I want to hear Election Day…the first libertarian ever to be elected president of the United States…Gary Johnson…or I want to see tears in tea baggers and fox news analysts, so I can enjoy seeing them say they are going to jump off the headquarters in NY. 
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49608
Location: United States
#27
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:02:17 PM
I dont see religion being a reason to vote or not vote for him personally.


quote
RJSmith send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
RJSmith
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7618
Location: Sweden
#28
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:29:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

RJSmith – All those things you pointed out in the bible are nothing compared to what I posted. Those rules were written my Neanderthals 2000 years ago on psychedelic mushrooms. Romney stands with his religion first and governs second. He is just better at hiding it that others. Sarah Palin, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Mitt Romney are the same person.

ClubDirt – I like your church, consider me a member, and sent you a friend request.

TILTOLOGIC – I know being crazy doesn’t matter. Republicans are so screwed in the head that they would elect an Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley, or Marshall Applewhite worshiper as president of the United States. I’m sure what the president at ate the age of 6 was important or those crazy birthers…yeah…yeah…I want to hear Election Day…the first libertarian ever to be elected president of the United States…Gary Johnson…or I want to see tears in tea baggers and fox news analysts, so I can enjoy seeing them say they are going to jump off the headquarters in NY. 


I don't like Romney. Not because of his religion, he just doesn't seem genuine to me.
Could you show me how his religion influenzed him as governor?
Pretty sure we can find examples in that regard when we look at Palin and Ahmadinejad.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20194
Location: United States
#29
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:58:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I dont see religion being a reason to vote or not vote for him personally.




i don't know.  i tend to agree because he doesn't seem to wear it on his sleeve to manipulate the masses like the nuts (cain, santorum, palin, bachmannia, etc).  and if someone keeps their religion silent in politics, i can certainly respect that.

on the other hand, like obama, romney is the crowd pleaser type who will do/say anything to win or stay in office and the religious nuts are on his side.  so as long as the republicans cater to the nuts, and don't disassociate themselves with them, there's always a concern that religion will come into the mix. 

and then there's the old vanzack argument that money made.  if you meet some guy and he starts talking about his belief in the tooth fairy and unicorns and garbage like that, the guy may be a nice enough guy but you probably aren't going to entrust too many key decisions to him. 
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49608
Location: United States
#30
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:04:58 PM
I think you can find oddities or flaws in any and all religion.

My comment was made based on your comments that outside abortion he probably doesnt make decisions off only his religion and so it isnt a reason for me to not vote for him.

My reasons for not voting for him are unrelated to religion, but for sure there is no way I could go with him as a voting option.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20194
Location: United States
#31
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:12:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I think you can find oddities or flaws in any and all religion.

My comment was made based on your comments that outside abortion he probably doesnt make decisions off only his religion and so it isnt a reason for me to not vote for him.

My reasons for not voting for him are unrelated to religion, but for sure there is no way I could go with him as a voting option.


i'm pretty comfortable voting for someone regardless of their religion.  in other words, i don't give a garbage what their religion is if it's clear they keep their religion out of politics. 

however, if i feel there is a tendency to cater to a particular religious group in any way, and a particularly crazy religious group, then that is a factor in my decision.  for that reason, i wouldn't disqualify someone because he's a mormon or muslim or whatever, but i'm less likely to vote for a republican.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#32
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:01:22 PM
Wallstreetcappers - I hate that you can believe in absolutely crazy nonsense and attach the word religion to it and all of a sudden it’s not crazy. Take the word religion out and just look at the context of the beliefs.
 
Romney believes god is a flesh and blood human being that lives on the planet kolob.
Romney believes in the state of Ohio, in the 1827, a charlatan man had visions, voices in his head, and met an angel in an open field named Moroni.
Romney believes in magic underwear.
Romney believes that people with dark skin, are cursed by god.
Romney believes that that there are four secret handshakes to get into heaven.
Romney believes that the Garden of Eden was in the state of Missouri.
Romney believes that it’s OK for the goat’s head symbol (a satanic symbol) to be the symbol of the Mormon temple.
Romney rejects the sign of the cross.

It’s not religion you should be focused on WSC, it should be the fact that he believes these things that should alarm you. If some person on a park bench started saying these things to you, you would think the man belongs in a mental hospital not in the White House. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

RJSmith – I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. I’m not saying the reason I’m not voting for Romney is only because of his religion. I’m saying I look at Romney’s sanity and personal character and see that he’s not sane enough to be president of the country. The fact that he believes these things make me uncomfortable with him having the keys to the White House and Americans lives in his hands.
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49608
Location: United States
#33
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:07:48 PM
Money,

I dont judge someone based only on their religion, but I will evaluate what their political decisions are and adjust my conclusions accordingly.

I know many Mormons and I dont find them to be any different than other members of other religions, in fact I have respect for them in several ways..but I also disagree with some things with regards to the faith.

I like to keep church and state separate and that is how I initially approach evaluating a candidate.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#34
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:31:52 PM
Wallstreetcappers – Again, you keep focusing on the word religion. Just look at the beliefs.

Let’s say… Romney was an Asatru, Eckankar, Nuwabianism, Nation of Yahwveh, The Universe People, Creativity religion, UFO religion, Satanism, Voodoo, Witchcraft, Scientology, Raelism, The Ordo Templi Orientis, Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley, or Marshall Applewhite worshiper…would you still think he’s mentally fit to be president? I think not... let’s say a man with these beliefs wanted to be the husband of your daughter? Would you be OK with it? I think not…
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4056
Location: Greece
#35
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:40:29 PM

Money,

Most Mormons don't even focus on the origins of the religions.

And your research is a bit dated:

While the majority, if not all, of Cain's descendants would have been killed in the great flood, according to Mormons from the late 19th to mid 20th century, Cain's bloodline was preserved on the ark through Egyptus, wife of Ham (son of Noah). The Book of Abraham, accepted by Mormons as part of their canon, is the source of the story of this Egyptus who preserves "the curse.... as pertaining to the Priesthood" by surviving the flood as Ham's wife. One must note, however, that in this canonized source no connection is made between her and Cain (her lineage is not given), nor is anything mentioned concerning her skin color. Thus, though Mormons combined the widespread belief that Cain's curse was shown through the mark of the blackness of skin with another idea common in Europe and America (that the curse of Ham for seeing his father's nakedness was black skin), the idea that Ham's wife preserved a curse of black skin inherited from Cain that was passed on is not canonized doctrine.[7] This interpretation is now generally rejected by mainstream Mormons.[8]

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49608
Location: United States
#36
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:44:54 PM
I know all of what you say regarding his faith, it is common public information, and you are stretching it a bit in some areas.

I look more at his political decisions, not his religions beliefs..

All Christian groups have similar belief structures as he does, and most Mormon doctrine is pulled out or referenced to in the Bible..stuff like the mark of Cain and polygamy, the belief in a prophet..

If you find fault with Romney over those beliefs then you can find faults with every other Christian candidates AND most others in one way or the other too.

I dont see anything extreme in their beliefs that would make me think his political decisions would be much different than a conservative Christian in another church.

In fact I would find more fault with a Catholic than Romney..tons of ugliness there, much more dirt than what you can dig up in some extreme tangent beliefs Romney has..or doesnt if he disagrees with any of the items you listed.

Its fun to debate differences and dive into why people think things, I just dont associate the caution you have with his political decisions. 

I dislike him for other non-personal belief issues.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20194
Location: United States
#37
Posted: 6/7/2012 4:29:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Wallstreetcappers – Again, you keep focusing on the word religion. Just look at the beliefs.

Let’s say… Romney was an Asatru, Eckankar, Nuwabianism, Nation of Yahwveh, The Universe People, Creativity religion, UFO religion, Satanism, Voodoo, Witchcraft, Scientology, Raelism, The Ordo Templi Orientis, Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley, or Marshall Applewhite worshiper…would you still think he’s mentally fit to be president? I think not... let’s say a man with these beliefs wanted to be the husband of your daughter? Would you be OK with it? I think not…


i thought we were good with the ufo religion now.  there's a lot of universe out there. 
quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#38
Posted: 6/7/2012 6:39:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:

none of this matters AT ALL...

Too late, get used to hearing those words President Romney...


of what corporation?
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36000
Location: Missouri
#39
Posted: 6/7/2012 6:54:39 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

The founder of Mormonism was Joseph Smith, he was known as a charlatan. Look up charlatan if you don’t know what that means.

Romney believes god is a flesh and blood human being that lives on the planet kolob.

Romney believes in the state of Ohio, in the 1827, a charlatan man had visions, voices in his head, and met an angel in an open field named Moroni.

Romney believes in magic underwear.

Romney believes that people with dark skin, are cursed by god.

Romney believes that that there are four secret handshakes to get into heaven.

Romney believes that the Garden of Eden was in the state of Missouri.

Romney believes that it’s OK for the goat’s head symbol (a satanic symbol) to be the symbol of the Mormon temple.

Romney rejects the sign of the cross.

The creepy cultist Mitt Romney and the witch Christine O'Donnell Republican ticket 2012. Now that's a freak show ticket

Romney is clearly not sane and has no common sense. People want this crazy person to be the president of the United States? I keep hearing he’s the lesser of the two evils and he can fix the economy? Are you friggin kidding me? Obama is a bad president, but Romney is friggin bat garbage crazy! Ted Bundy, Ed Gein, BTK, and Gary Ridgway are republicans, that believe in the make believe idea of small government, and a strong military, strong family values, and a strong free market economy. Does that mean you would vote for them? You think Romney is not crazy because he wears a suit and tie?

Explain yourselves

I’m not voting for Obama because he’s just not a good president. Romney is a creepy cultist nutcase. I’m voting for the only sane politician Ive seen in a long time… Gary Johnson.

Was and still is.......in my backyard.

quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#40
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:54:22 AM
It is interesting that people's who's first choice for president is romney seem to be out numbered by those who romney is not their first choice...

what does this actually voted for romney in the primaries...
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#41
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:16:50 PM
Wallstreetcappers – you speak in code word politician speak. Words like faith and religion are used to deceive and brush off insanity.

ROMNEY BELIEVES in the UNITED STATES in the state of Ohio, in the 1827, a CHARLATAN MAN SPOKE TO GOD and had VISIONS, VOICES in his HEAD, and MET an ANGEL in an open field named MORONI.

If you believe that…I’m sorry you need help.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4056
Location: Greece
#42
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:36:30 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Wallstreetcappers – you speak in code word politician speak. Words like faith and religion are used to deceive and brush off insanity.

ROMNEY BELIEVES in the UNITED STATES in the state of Ohio, in the 1827, a CHARLATAN MAN SPOKE TO GOD and had VISIONS, VOICES in his HEAD, and MET an ANGEL in an open field named MORONI.

If you believe that…I’m sorry you need help.

All this from a guy that pays 50 bucks for WWE Point of no return and filled with anticipation sickness.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#43
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:02:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

All this from a guy that pays 50 bucks for WWE Point of no return and filled with anticipation sickness.

My father and grandfather took me to see wwf in odessa tx at the ector county coliseum when I was 5 years old. I’ll never forget the day I saw the ultimate warrior defeat hulk hogan in a championship match. I got my hand slapped by the ultimate warrior when he ran around the ring. I actually got to meet and shake hands with the bird man koko b ware. My father, grandfather, and me still watch wresting together from time to time after all these years. My son and nephew will carry on the love for wresting entertainment. It’s not as good as it used to be but I still enjoy it. I have no idea why you have an issue with this?
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4056
Location: Greece
#44
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:05:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

My father and grandfather took me to see wwf in odessa tx at the ector county coliseum when I was 5 years old. I’ll never forget the day I saw the ultimate warrior defeat hulk hogan in a championship match. I got my hand slapped by the ultimate warrior when he ran around the ring. I actually got to meet and shake hands with the bird man koko b ware. My father, grandfather, and me still watch wresting together from time to time after all these years. My son and nephew will carry on the love for wresting entertainment. It’s not as good as it used to be but I still enjoy it. I have no idea why you have an issue with this?

Flipping channels I have watched match or two but I would never pay 50 cheddarians to watch a bunch of buddies act like they hate each other merely to swindle your hard earned cash from your possession into theirs.

FWIW I think soap operas are a huge waste too, but they don't have PPV events. I guess they do have another thing in common, they both get their money from deuches. One is Summers Eve, the other....

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#45
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:19:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Flipping channels I have watched match or two but I would never pay 50 cheddarians to watch a bunch of buddies act like they hate each other merely to swindle your hard earned cash from your possession into theirs.

FWIW I think soap operas are a huge waste too, but they don't have PPV events. I guess they do have another thing in common, they both get their money from deuches. One is Summers Eve, the other....bowlslit

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#46
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:24:33 PM
I can't believe how desperate you are to attack me with wrestling.

bowlslit is a desperate douche..covers knows

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20194
Location: United States
#47
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:31:54 PM
i used to watch wrestling religiously back in my early 20's.  it filled the late evening time slot tragically left empty when beavis and butthead went off the air. 
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#48
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:53:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I dont see religion being a reason to vote or not vote for him personally.




Totally agree.


quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#49
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:54:02 PM
By the way, Obama believes many things much, much more idiotic than anything in Romney's religion.


quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#50
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:55:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

B,Bu,B,Bu, Bu, But, But Obama...


+1

alias/alias supporters are so predictable...  you get the point now money...
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.