Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: State Attorney Angela Corey Press conference & Zimmerman missing
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#1
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:00:46 PM

Could it be that she won't disclose the location & time because she will announce no charges will be filed and she wants to keep the agitators out? And, could Zimmerman know this and therefore have fled out of fear?

What we know, the facts:

1. Since Corey did not go to a Grand Jury, Zimmerman won't be charged with a Capital crime, murder in the first degree.

2. Corey said she will release new information regarding the investigation into Martin's death. This should include references to the autopsy report which will note that Martin was shot at a distance less than 12 inches.

3. Whoever is on the 911 tape calling for help is in fear of something, and Zimmerman made the contemporaneous statement to the EMT and responding officer that it was him - without knowing it had been captured/recorded.

4. Zimmerman did not say "person" and has no documented history of racism.

5. On the night of Trayvon Martin's death, Sanford police gave George Zimmerman a voice stress test. George Zimmerman's voice stress test came out clean.

6. There is no evidence that Zimmerman followed Martin or confronted him starting an altercation.

7. Zimmerman sustained injuries According to the police, he had a bloody nose, a swollen lip, lacerations on the back of his head, and scuff-marks or grass stains on the back of his jersey

8. If Corey decided to file charges against Mr. Zimmerman, a judge must hold a special pretrial hearing under the Stand Your Ground law to determine whether Mr. Zimmerman’s actions fall within the protections afforded by the statute.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#2
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:01:04 PM

Speculations:

A. The Martin call to his girlfriend was not reported until March 20, twenty-three days after the shooting, therefore it may have originally included some incriminating statements.

B.  Martin did not go straight home after he first spotted Zimmerman. The idea that he was simply returning from a selfless errand when he caught Zimmerman's eye seems less and less likely. The Martin mobile phone or witnesses have provided detail on what, exactly Martin was doing.

C. Zimmerman is charged with aggrivated battery (Florida Statute 784.045). Probability: 30%

D. The evidence that is known is confirmed and Zimmerman is not charged. Probability: 25%

E. Zimmerman is charged with Manslaughter. (A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence). Probability: 40%

F. Zimmerman is charged with murder in the second degree. Probability: 5%

What do you think?

quote
captjohn67 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Location: Alabama
#3
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:22:12 PM
i don't think he will be charged with anything. But i will admit i'm probably not as up to speed as many of you are on the facts in this case, If he is charged, good luck getting a fair trial. And lastly, as always, darn the media.
quote
J_Galt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Location:
#4
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:30:10 PM
@#1
1) that's a fact

2) less than 12" could support what Z is supposed to have said, burn marks, angle of bullet would be much more important info

3) Res Gestae is very important in any police investigation

I still hear "person" , but if we havent heard of any race related incidents by now, Im guessing none are to be found

5) I had not heard this info.
This is reported by who?
Zs attorneys?
If so, grain of salt

6) that we know of

7) If fact, that prime facie evidence supports Zs claims, but must be weighed equally with any other facts / evidence

8) I think she gets herself off the hotseat, CYA, pass the buck.

Hopefully get a black judge that decides after defense motions that there is not enough evidence to proceed
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#5
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:31:19 PM

In my humble opinion, this whole thing was a deliberate attempt by the left-leaning media to indulge in their neurotic obsession with perceived racism.

 

By the way…..  

quote
J_Galt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Location:
#6
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:37:22 PM
@#2
A) No recording that I know of, just her word what was said.
She certainly has a horse in the race
( dont anyone dare make a "beating a dead horse" comment )

B) if I am a black guy in a strange neighborhood being followed by someone, I would alter my path too

C, D, E, F ) if state brings charges, they will overcharge as a bargaining tool.
This is routine
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#7
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:53:40 PM

 if I am a guy of any color in a strange neighborhood being followed by someone, I would alter my path too

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4797
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:03:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

In my humble opinion, this whole thing was a deliberate attempt by the left-leaning media to indulge in their neurotic obsession with perceived racism.

 

By the way…..  


I think you are wrong.

If that was the case wouldn't they accuse Republicans of being racists if they disagree with Obama's policies. They would never do that.
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#9
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:07:46 PM
Well, ya do got a point there.  
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#10
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:22:51 PM

Breaking News

According to the Washington Post:

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

=============================

Same story at ABC News, no information on charges, press conference at 6PM

A decision on whether to charge Florida neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman with the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin has been made, sources told ABC News.

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#11
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:23:30 PM

glenndef62,

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

quote
cashin
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cashin
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12514
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:45:15 PM
Good - should have been done long before now imo. Deadly force was used & from what has been reported, there has never been any evidence or witness to show or prove that Z acted in self defense at the time he pulled the trigger.
quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#13
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:50:02 PM
Looks like I'm too late to this thread.  I was going to vote for 2nd degree murder at 5%.
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#14
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:00:54 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cashin:

Good - should have been done long before now imo. Deadly force was used & from what has been reported, there has never been any evidence or witness to show or prove that Z acted in self defense at the time he pulled the trigger.

Really?

Two witnesses said Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him.

Not one.

Two.

quote
cashin
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cashin
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12514
Location:
#15
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:22:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Really?

Two witnesses said Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him.

Not one.

Two.

Even if they are believed (there are others who say they believe that Z was on top & the last screams came from Martin), that shows & proves nothing in regards to self defense at the time Z killed him. From what I understand, noone saw what was going on at the time Z pulled the trigger. All Z's injuries show is that at some point during the fight, it's very likely that Martin caused them.

Best to not only read the post before responding, but try to understand it 

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#16
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:27:09 PM
That 911 recording of the shots is going to be so critical.  If the prosecution can establish that Martin was the one screaming and crying for help then Z is cooked.
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#17
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:30:44 PM

Interesting, the NYT is hedging:

It was not yet clear whether the prosecutor, Angela B. Corey, had decided to charge George Zimmerman, 28, a crime watch volunteer, who fatally shot Mr. Martin, an unarmed teenager, in a case that has captivated the country and brought to the fore issues of race, violence and precisely what constitutes self-defense

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#18
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:32:21 PM

Even if they are believed (there are others who say they believe that Z was on top & the last screams came from Martin),

==================

Really?

How about a link to that account?

that shows & proves nothing in regards to self defense at the time Z killed him

===========================

Completely and utterly wrong.

You don't appear to have any interest in understanding the statute.

quote
cashin
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cashin
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12514
Location:
#19
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:42:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Even if they are believed (there are others who say they believe that Z was on top & the last screams came from Martin),

==================

Really?

How about a link to that account?

that shows & proves nothing in regards to self defense at the time Z killed him

===========================

Completely and utterly wrong.

You don't appear to have any interest in understanding the statute.

 

I understand the statute perfectly...that's why I said what I did, lol. Maybe you want to go read it & then come back and say what you disagree with -

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#20
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:46:54 PM

Cashin, this:

Deadly force was used & from what has been reported, there has never been any evidence or witness to show or prove that Z acted in self defense at the time he pulled the trigger

=======================

Is what I disagree with.

See, Zimmerman's injuries to the back of his head demonstrate self defense at the time he pulled the trigger. Given the witnesses and his comments to the police.

Per the statute:

 under the “Stand Your Ground” doctrine you are entitled to use deadly force if you reasonably fear imminent death or great bodily harm

Your comments make no sense, in that light at all.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#21
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:47:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cashin:

 

I understand the statute perfectly...that's why I said what I did, lol. Maybe you want to go read it & then come back and say what you disagree with -

And you might want to provide a link to a story showing there are witnesses who say Zimmerman was on top of Martin.

 

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#22
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:03:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Cashin, this:

Deadly force was used & from what has been reported, there has never been any evidence or witness to show or prove that Z acted in self defense at the time he pulled the trigger

=======================

Is what I disagree with.

See, Zimmerman's injuries to the back of his head demonstrate self defense at the time he pulled the trigger. Given the witnesses and his comments to the police.

Per the statute:

 under the “Stand Your Ground” doctrine you are entitled to use deadly force if you reasonably fear imminent death or great bodily harm

Your comments make no sense, in that light at all.



Of course it does not.  Let's say for instance Martin was beating on Z and pounding his head in the ground.  Then he stopped and they separated.  Z says you just beat up the wrong guy and pulls his gun.  They are not fighting.  Z says I'm gonna kill you mfer.  Beg for your life.  Martin is screaming and pleading for help and Z shoots him.  Just because Martin beat Z up doesn't prove self-defense.
quote
cashin
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cashin
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12514
Location:
#23
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:05:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Cashin, this:

Deadly force was used & from what has been reported, there has never been any evidence or witness to show or prove that Z acted in self defense at the time he pulled the trigger

=======================

Is what I disagree with.

See, Zimmerman's injuries to the back of his head demonstrate self defense at the time he pulled the trigger. Given the witnesses and his comments to the police.

Per the statute:

 under the “Stand Your Ground” doctrine you are entitled to use deadly force if you reasonably fear imminent death or great bodily harm

Your comments make no sense, in that light at all.

My point is noone saw what was happening when Z pulled the trigger & therefore there is no evidence or witness that shows or proves that Z could even reasonably fear death or great bodily harm at the time he chose to use deadly force. The injuries do not do it & neither do the witnesses who said Martin was on top beating Z -

That said, I would think it will be a tough case for the prosecution with the SYG statute because the burden of beyond a reasonable doubt will remain entirely with them, but Corey must feel she has enough to get a conviction. 

quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14252
Location:
#24
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:41:40 PM
Maybe he was screaming and crying as he was beating the garbage out of Zimmerman.  


quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4120
Location: Greece
#25
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:48:20 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



Of course it does not.  Let's say for instance Martin was beating on Z and pounding his head in the ground.  Then he stopped and they separated.  Z says you just beat up the wrong guy and pulls his gun.  They are not fighting.  Z says I'm gonna kill you mfer.  Beg for your life.  Martin is screaming and pleading for help and Z shoots him.  Just because Martin beat Z up doesn't prove self-defense.

One of the 911 calls should show that there was no pause in the screaming until after the shot was fired.

'John' the witness reportedly saw MOST of the physical fight and reported that the guy on the bottom who was wearing a red 'sweater' was screaming for him to help. By the time he went in his house and made it to his upstairs window Trayvon was dead.

Cashin 100% of your story is unstated. There is nobody that saw the fight that says Trayvon was on the bottom. NOBODY! NOBODY!

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.