Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 15 of 20 «  13 14 15 16 17   »
Author: [Politics] Topic: Open & Shut Trayvon Martin Gets Cluttered With Facts
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#351
Posted: 4/2/2012 3:54:48 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cd329:

DJ,
 I wonder if some here dont know you are actually a practicing lawyer with a law degree from a real law school?
A regular person arguing about how the law works with a lawyer is like a regular person telling a rocket scientist his rocket wont launch or a regular person telling billy walters he doesnt know how to make money gambling

being a gambling man, i gotta believe that you know a little more about the law then us regular folks

CD my parents hired a real lawyer that practiced in the real world and graduated from a real law school and he single handedly lost the case for them because he was clueless as to what questions to ask during the court case. He was disbarred within two years of that.

I hope one day you learn that there are alot of people that can excell at book learnin but struggle with common sense applications.

More than happy to have you try to critique somthing I said that you feel is wrong. I doubt you will take the invitation though because you think anyone that graduates from law school has infinite common sense. Very shallow concept.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#352
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:24:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Post #307.

 

Corroboration for post # 307

Now another fact counter to the official story comes from yet another normally hyper-PC paper, the Miami Herald. The national symbol of black innocence was suspended from school last October after he was found in possession of women's jewelry and a burglar's tool. This would seem to contradict the report that Florida authorities have said that Trayvon had no police record. In fact, it's not a contradiction. As the Herald tells us, Trayvon was suspended for graffiti. While the women's jewelry and burglar's tool were found in his backpack at the same time, the school did not take any disciplinary action about it.

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

SANFORD--Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school in October in an incident in which he was found in possession of women's jewelry and a screwdriver that a schools security staffer described as a "burglary tool," The Miami Herald has learned.

Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

A lawyer for the dead teen's family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver, calling the information in the report an attempt to "demonize" the youth. Trayvon's backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described the screwdriver as a burglary tool.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry, which was mostly women's rings and earrings, belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

"Martin replied it's not mine. A friend gave it to me," according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

"Martin was suspended, warned and dismissed for the graffiti," according to the report prepared by Miami-Dade Schools Police.

That suspension was followed four months later by another one, in February, in which Trayvon was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it, the boy's family's attorney has confirmed. A schools police report obtained by The Miami Herald specifies two items: a bag with marijuana residue and a "marijuana pipe."

The suspension was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also acknowledged Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.

The reports of the suspensions surfaced as a more complicated portrait of Trayvon began to emerge Monday. Trayvon was shot to death in Sanford on Feb. 26 during a scuffle with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. He was suspended from school at the time.

Reacting to the new schools police report, Ben Crump, an attorney for the parents, said they "never heard anything like this about a bag of jewelry....And anyway, it's completely irrelevant to what happened Feb. 26. They never heard this, and don't believe it's true. If it were true, why wouldn't they call the parents? Why wasn't he arrested?"

"We think everybody is trying to demonize him."

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#353
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:45:33 AM


Graffiti, stolen jewelry, marijuana -- notice of that none of those issues involve violence.  Now compare and contrast that to Zimmerman's legal issues.
quote
J_Galt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Location:
#354
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:21:28 AM
@#348
Getting a true bill back from a grand jury is not that tough.
I don't know the statistics on this, but I'm guessing grand jurys return a true bill @ at least an 85% rate.

I disagree that Z wont want to go to trial.

Im guessing the NRA and other pro gun groups would rally behind him and help with a defense fund.

High priced lawyers would happily take him on for the exposure.

Johnnie Cochran wasn't a household name before OJ.
F. Lee Bailey was a big name because of Sam Sheppard and other high profile cases.

If I am Z, I also know if I go to trial and am aquitted, there will be a big payday.

If I plead quilty, the Son of Sam law may keep me from the rewards of a movie deal, book deal etc
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#355
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:22:14 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



Graffiti, stolen jewelry, marijuana -- notice of that none of those issues involve violence.  Now compare and contrast that to Zimmerman's legal issues.

Did he throw down on a school but or not? The accusation was thrown out there on his twitter account.

 

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#356
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:22:41 AM
I meant a school bus driver.
quote
J_Galt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Location:
#357
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:25:42 AM
@#349

CD
Attorneys look at the evidence and have differing opinions.
A prosecuter and defense atty both look at the same evidence, yet view it differently.

Certainly if DJ is an atty he is more qualified to argue some of the legal process ( motions to surpress, admissibility etc ) but his view of whats important I feel is no different than the lay person.

Bowslit said he had police training.

So its not unusual that Bowslit would have one perspective and DJ another.

And they can possibly both be right
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#358
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:30:37 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



Graffiti, stolen jewelry, marijuana -- notice of that none of those issues involve violence.  Now compare and contrast that to Zimmerman's legal issues.

46 911 calls and only one bullet fired.

HMMM Seams to me if Trayvon doesn't throw down on Zimmerman he may be alive now and free to use his burglary tool again.

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#359
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:56:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

46 911 calls and only one bullet fired.

HMMM Seams to me if Trayvon doesn't throw down on Zimmerman he may be alive now and free to use his burglary tool again.



The phrase that comes to mind is "sooner or later".

Sooner or later he was gonna snap in one of these episodes.  Like Z said, "they (aka friggin person) always get away" - he finally got tired of them always getting away and decided this one would be different.  And it was.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
Location: Texas
#360
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:11:48 AM
I know I’m the only person on here that believes Zimmerman is 99.9 percent guilty.

I just don’t believe a person with a history of aggression and violence is innocent.

If someone is following me, like martin said on the phone call with his girlfriend, I’m gonna think that person is trying to hurt me.

I’m not gonna think that person is trying to get my phone number.

The idea that a person who’s being followed at night shouldn’t be afraid is asinine.

The only witness who knows who attacked who is Z but M wasn’t heard on the phone saying he was following Z.

Well if Z’s medical reports prove he had a broken nose well that means M started the fight because Z said so. Therefore, he’s innocent? That is friggin asinine.

I’m not speaking at you Bowlslit.

I want another person to respond please and tell me where I’m wrong for thinking this way.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#361
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:12:10 AM

One thing that I feel Zimmerman COULD be charged with...

...I read a report that when the recovered his gun, the magazine was full which means he was likely carriying one in the chamber...very likely.

Also, if that is true, for some reason the cycle to eject the empty shell and load a new round malfunctioned in some manner...or Zimmerman loaded a round in the magazine manually, but that to me is the least likely.

CD before you tell me I'm no expert on guns or that I don't have a degree in guns or some bs like that...I have fired about 2500 rounds through my Berretta 92F 9mm and a few rounds through my brother's AR 15 that he built himself for about $850.

Back to the point....things that could cause this to happen.

1.Shooter, shootee one of them could have had their hand on the slide to hinder its speed which could cause the malfunction.

2.Dirty chamber that didn't allow the empty casing to exit the chamber easily or caused a 'stovepipe'.

 

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#362
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:16:29 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



The phrase that comes to mind is "sooner or later".

Sooner or later he was gonna snap in one of these episodes.  Like Z said, "they (aka friggin person) always get away" - he finally got tired of them always getting away and decided this one would be different.  And it was.

Interesting that he finally did snap when he got punched in the nose and had his melon repeatedly pounded on the sidewalk. No?

 

quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#363
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:21:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Interesting that he finally did snap when he got punched in the nose and had his melon repeatedly pounded on the sidewalk. No?

 



Well when you chase someone down and confront them, those things happen.  Or in this case, allegedly happen.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#364
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:25:45 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



Well when you chase someone down and confront them, those things happen.  Or in this case, allegedly happen.

Define confront.

Does confront involve fist to cuffs? or Does it simply involve questions like "What are you doing around here?

Since when did asking a question be grounds for getting punched in the face and head slamming? Just sayin.

quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#365
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:09:13 PM

Teen shot overnight in Sanford. 

 

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/040212-Teen-shot-overnight-in-Sanford

quote
J_Galt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Location:
#366
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:36:40 PM
@#361

if the full clip report is true, that could spell trouble.

I though I also heard 2 shots, a miss and a hit.

I know I carry with one racked, on an automatic, who doesn't ?

do we even have a confirmation if it was an automatic or a revolver?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
Location: Texas
#367
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:40:38 PM
Last night was pretty fuckin scary fellas.
It was after midnight and there’s a McDonalds 3 blocks from my house.
I just finished watching wrestelmania and had a couple of drinks.
I got the drunk muchies and I wanted to get something to eat.
I have windbreaker with a hoodie on it and it was a little chilly out.
I hesitated but I thought darn it I’m an American and I can wear whatever I want.
I get the food and I start walking back and there’s this weird guy.
I hauled behind because I was wearing a hooded jacket and I didn’t want the weirdo to say he saw me a little buzzed and try to arrest me until the police arrive.
darn that. I’m not gonna let some weirdo follow me, attack me, then I kick his behind, then he shits himself and shoots me and claim self-defense because I was a little buzzed and wearing a hoodie and went to McDonalds at night. darn that.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#368
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:50:59 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Last night was pretty fuckin scary fellas.
It was after midnight and there’s a McDonalds 3 blocks from my house.
I just finished watching wrestelmania and had a couple of drinks.
I got the drunk muchies and I wanted to get something to eat.
I have windbreaker with a hoodie on it and it was a little chilly out.
I hesitated but I thought darn it I’m an American and I can wear whatever I want.
I get the food and I start walking back and there’s this weird guy.
I hauled behind because I was wearing a hooded jacket and I didn’t want the weirdo to say he saw me a little buzzed and try to arrest me until the police arrive.
darn that. I’m not gonna let some weirdo follow me, attack me, then I kick his behind, then he shits himself and shoots me and claim self-defense because I was a little buzzed and wearing a hoodie and went to McDonalds at night. darn that.

Is this your level of desperation now that you have to make garbage up?

I know this isn't true because you would never dare leave your front door without your 25 year veteran mall cop to protect you.

How much jingle did you fork out for your precious 'Wrestlemania?'

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
Location: Texas
#369
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:20:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Is this your level of desperation now that you have to make garbage up?

I know this isn't true because you would never dare leave your front door without your 25 year veteran mall cop to protect you.

How much jingle did you fork out for your precious 'Wrestlemania?'

I did watch wrestelmania. It was 60 bucks. True story though. I do own a black windbreaker hoodie and did go to McDonalds last night and the case did pop in to my head.

There was this weirdo walking behind me and I have no idea if he was following me. I know better now than to let a situation escalate before it’s too late.

You know I love ya bowlslit

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#370
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:23:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Try reading about Bernard Goetz. Read the case. I cannot have a debate with you if you aren't informed as to the law that governs self-defense.

Um, Goetz lived in New York.

New York has a "duty to retreat law" and is a different state than Florida.

So your point would be ____?

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#371
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:25:34 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:



Well when you chase someone down and confront them, those things happen.  Or in this case, allegedly happen.

'

Um, nobody was "chased down" and there is no, that would be zero, evidence Zimmerman "confronted" Martin.

Everything you believe is a lie or in service to a lie.

quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21284
Location: United States
#372
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:32:41 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I did watch wrestelmania. It was 60 bucks. True story though. I do own a black windbreaker hoodie and did go to McDonalds last night and the case did pop in to my head.

There was this weirdo walking behind me and I have no idea if he was following me. I know better now than to let a situation escalate before it’s too late.

You know I love ya bowlslit

If the weirdo walking behind you was a white-Hispanic Democrat,you probably did the best thing..

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#373
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:43:02 PM

do we even have a confirmation if it was an automatic or a revolver?

==================

It has been reported it was  9-MM.

What the hell do you mean by "automatic"?

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#374
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:43:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by J_Galt:

@#361

if the full clip report is true, that could spell trouble.

I though I also heard 2 shots, a miss and a hit.

I know I carry with one racked, on an automatic, who doesn't ?

do we even have a confirmation if it was an automatic or a revolver?

I think they have concluded that one of the noises that sounded like a gun shot was a door slamming or somthing else. I heard that same noise too.

If the magazine thing is true, 2 shots wouldn't make sense unless Zimmerman loaded a round into the magazine...to me highly unlikely.

 

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#375
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:47:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

We do know that the investigation that occured when the officers first responded did not involve any form of questioning of Zimmerman nor ballastic tests. That is EXTREMELY unfortunate for all involved, particulalry Zimmerman as a good immediate investigation could have coorborated his version of events.

Er, you have no idea whether or not ballistic tests were conducted as the police still have Zimmerman's handgun.

Your assertions regarding officers on the scene "questioning" Zimmerman are meaningless. And in fact, they would not be best served by questioning him since he was injured and was going to be taken to the station for questioning.

Further, as the New York Times reported:

The day after the shooting, George Zimmerman, according to his father, returned with at least three police officers to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, back to that grassy area where plaintive cries for help had gone unanswered. The investigators, accompanied by someone with a video camera, wanted him to re-enact the events of the night when the two strangers had stood their ground.

Mr. Zimmerman’s father watched from nearby. “They started where his vehicle was,” he recalled. “They walked him down the sidewalk and to the end of the sidewalk, to the street where he got an address and then walked him back towards his vehicle, near where the incident occurred.”

================

I think you need to stop asserting there was no "immediate investigation"

 

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 15 of 20 «  13 14 15 16 17   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.