What is the most important issues in making your pick for a President and why ??

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: What is the most important issues in making your pick for a President and why ??
Upside PM Upside
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7277
United States
 
Upside
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:19:36 PM
I admit I'm really not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to politics , but I want to learn .. Glad I found this forum ..
rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:43:10 PM
I would say that since both parties, and most candidates are for taking away the 4th amendment, I think the most important issue for me this election will be the 2nd amendment.  

If I was 100% sure that Obama would not darn with the 2nd Amendment or try to re-instate the assault weapons ban, I would think about voting for him, and that pains me to say. 
chilitokid PM chilitokid
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10250
New Hampshire
 
chilitokid
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:12:29 PM
vote against anyone with ties to Harvard and the state of Massachusetts....that alone will start this Country moving in the right direction.
don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:25:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

I would say that since both parties, and most candidates are for taking away the 4th amendment, I think the most important issue for me this election will be the 2nd amendment.  

If I was 100% sure that Obama would not darn with the 2nd Amendment or try to re-instate the assault weapons ban, I would think about voting for him, and that pains me to say. 

President Obama has too much on his plate in the next four years. If he can get control of the House and keep the Senate, his focus will be the economy first, foreign policy second, and a host of other important issues.

 

So the most important thing one can do is vote for a Congress that will work "with" him, and end this stalemate madness. I mean let's give him what he needs, and if it doesn't work out in the next 4 years, throw all of them out.

Gridlock is killing us.

wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51362
United States
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:28:59 PM
rick,

Why are you against an assault weapons ban?

Do you or any citizen need to own assault weapons? 

And you can hold off on the military-taking-us-over excuse, that seems quite soft of a reason to justify the type of weapon you are excusing.
canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:49:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

President Obama has too much on his plate in the next four years. If he can get control of the House and keep the Senate, his focus will be the economy first, foreign policy second, and a host of other important issues.

 

So the most important thing one can do is vote for a Congress that will work "with" him, and end this stalemate madness. I mean let's give him what he needs, and if it doesn't work out in the next 4 years, throw all of them out.

Gridlock is killing us.


Thank God for gridlock.
chilitokid PM chilitokid
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10250
New Hampshire
 
chilitokid
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:05:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

rick,

Why are you against an assault weapons ban?

Do you or any citizen need to own assault weapons? 

And you can hold off on the military-taking-us-over excuse, that seems quite soft of a reason to justify the type of weapon you are excusing.
You're right...if there was a ban on assault weapons then the Justice Dept would not of allowed them to flow into Mexico to be used to kill hundreds of people.
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27598
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:21:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Upside:

I admit I'm really not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to politics , but I want to learn .. Glad I found this forum ..


Welcome to the politics forum

what do you want to learn?

This forum is good for the following things...

1. Learning about partisan rhetoric, Spin and talking points... and arguing them in the face of logical reality...

2. Learning how to make multiple accounts and using another one once one of them gets banned... or making multiple accounts to make it look like multiple posters are agreeing with you...

3.  Learning how to cut and paste links and text and littering the forum with leaflets of propaganda.... some site their source, some just plagiarize...

4.  Learning how to stalk people by cataloging and recording everything they ever post and all their threads bookmarked so that you can go on a "bump tantrum"  when you have embarrassed yourself again...

You will also notice the "al sharpton" of the forum as he will cry about injustice for every possible petty thing and that try to regulate the whole forum like a wannabe mod, making sure to cry to them about what his upsetting his apple cart...

You will come to know the minority of quality posters from the "Aliases" and "Alias supporters" who blindly side with them...


Covers knows

Randisist PM Randisist
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3156
Texas
 
Randisist
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:46:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:



Welcome to the politics forum

what do you want to learn?

This forum is good for the following things...

1. Learning about partisan rhetoric, Spin and talking points... and arguing them in the face of logical reality...

2. Learning how to make multiple accounts and using another one once one of them gets banned... or making multiple accounts to make it look like multiple posters are agreeing with you...

3.  Learning how to cut and paste links and text and littering the forum with leaflets of propaganda.... some site their source, some just plagiarize...

4.  Learning how to stalk people by cataloging and recording everything they ever post and all their threads bookmarked so that you can go on a "bump tantrum"  when you have embarrassed yourself again...

You will also notice the "al sharpton" of the forum as he will cry about injustice for every possible petty thing and that try to regulate the whole forum like a wannabe mod, making sure to cry to them about what his upsetting his apple cart...

You will come to know the minority of quality posters from the "Aliases" and "Alias supporters" who blindly side with them...


Covers knows



Sad BUT true...

Also you can forget about actual civil discussions where you intelligently exchange view points. That is only a pipe dream here...
Coppsguy PM Coppsguy
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Wisconsin
 
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 9:32:43 PM

Less government intrusion into MY personal choices!

 

rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:49:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

rick,

Why are you against an assault weapons ban?

Do you or any citizen need to own assault weapons? 

And you can hold off on the military-taking-us-over excuse, that seems quite soft of a reason to justify the type of weapon you are excusing.

Wall,

I own 3.  

Also, it is not a law that targets Automatic weapons. Automatic weapons are already illegal. 

The assault weapons ban targets the way a weapon looks.  It is completely arbitrary and just another attempt at legislation that cripples the 2nd am.  Assault weapons, is a term that they use to scare people that do not know anything about guns, and frame the debate.  





rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:51:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

President Obama has too much on his plate in the next four years. If he can get control of the House and keep the Senate, his focus will be the economy first, foreign policy second, and a host of other important issues.

 

So the most important thing one can do is vote for a Congress that will work "with" him, and end this stalemate madness. I mean let's give him what he needs, and if it doesn't work out in the next 4 years, throw all of them out.

Gridlock is killing us.


I don't know Barry seemed to be gung ho when illegally using the ATF to frame the 2nd amendment
rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:56:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

rick,

Why are you against an assault weapons ban?

Do you or any citizen need to own assault weapons? 

And you can hold off on the military-taking-us-over excuse, that seems quite soft of a reason to justify the type of weapon you are excusing.

Does the govt. need to confiscate my personal property that I have a constitutional right to own?  

You have to ask yourself if it is worth it at this point, for the govt to come after our guns,  when there are so many people already so mad,  a recession (borderline depression), and instead of fixing it they are going to take away our rights,  Patriot act extensions, NDAA, Assault weapons ban.  It would be the straw that broke the camel's back.  

I would buy stock in flag draped coffins. 


mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:41:40 PM
it should be whoever approves the online gambling bill since we are community of degens 
Coppsguy PM Coppsguy
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Wisconsin
 
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:45:04 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:

it should be whoever approves the online gambling bill since we are community of degens 

 

 

also a good point

TILTOLOGIC PM TILTOLOGIC
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5204
Uganda
 
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:47:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

President Obama has too much on his plate in the next four years. If he can get control of the House and keep the Senate, his focus will be the economy first, foreign policy second, and a host of other important issues.

 

So the most important thing one can do is vote for a Congress that will work "with" him, and end this stalemate madness. I mean let's give him what he needs, and if it doesn't work out in the next 4 years, throw all of them out.

Gridlock is killing us.


Current odds old man, 

GOP take control of senate -275

GOP retains control of the House -225


if it makes you feel better Barry is still -240. 

Barry better win in a landslide or its gonna be a rough ride for the Ragin Kenyan. 


TILTOLOGIC PM TILTOLOGIC
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5204
Uganda
 
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 2:23:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

rick,

Why are you against an assault weapons ban?

Do you or any citizen need to own assault weapons? 

And you can hold off on the military-taking-us-over excuse, that seems quite soft of a reason to justify the type of weapon you are excusing.

The real question is why do you care?  You obviously don't know the first thing about guns. Or else you would know that the whole idea of "assault weapons" is about nothing more than appearance. 

So again, why do you have such a strong opinion about something you clearly don't have the slightest clue about? 

A common trait in the leftist brain, that much is for certain. 

I have a gun in both of my vehicles. I have a few more in my home. One of them being an "assault rifle" as you leftists like to claim. Even though its not automatic and just looks like the boogeyman to your ilk. 

 It took me 5 minutes to renew my C/C permit for 5 years a couple months ago. Why do I have so many? Because I can. Because I want to. Because its a hobby that I enjoy. Shooting that is. Because its something that has permeated my family for generations. Because I don't' want my family or myself to become a victim. Jesus, i could go on, 

So again why do you care Wall? 



Yo





dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27598
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:25:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coppsguy:

Less government intrusion into MY personal choices!

 



im with you this
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27598
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:27:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:

it should be whoever approves the online gambling bill since we are community of degens 


kinda related to the other one, but I am with you on this also

it is always interesting to me how certain groups of people are for more rights and freedoms and other groups of people feel that it is the role of the government for the taking away rights and freedoms...
14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Virginia
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:30:35 AM
So again, why do you have such a strong opinion about something you clearly don't have the slightest clue about
 
 
=======================
Thank goodness someone else has said it!
 
You should see all the stuff wallstreet "knows" about the Keystone XL Pipeline!
 
It is just par for the course for the left. Actually, ignorance is a virture for those people.
14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Virginia
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:32:01 AM

So the most important thing one can do is vote for a Congress that will work "with" him, and end this stalemate madness. I mean let's give him what he needs,

In your mind does the government actually solve problems?

Is there any law that the government could pass that you would be opposed to?

14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Virginia
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:33:45 AM

Anyway,

to answer the question, I'm voting for anyone but Obama. It is as simple as that.

I don't care if the Republicans nominate Alfred E. Newman, Newman from Seinfeld, Newt, or a random person from the phone book. Any of them would be better than this clown.

don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:41:37 AM
[Quote: Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC]

The real question is why do you care?  You obviously don't know the first thing about guns. Or else you would know that the whole idea of "assault weapons" is about nothing more than appearance. 

So again, why do you have such a strong opinion about something you clearly don't have the slightest clue about? 

A common trait in the leftist brain, that much is for certain. 

I have a gun in both of my vehicles. I have a few more in my home. One of them being an "assault rifle" as you leftists like to claim. Even though its not automatic and just looks like the boogeyman to your ilk. 

 It took me 5 minutes to renew my C/C permit for 5 years a couple months ago. Why do I have so many? Because I can. Because I want to. Because its a hobby that I enjoy. Shooting that is. Because its something that has permeated my family for generations. Because I don't' want my family or myself to become a victim. Jesus, i could go on, 

So again why do you care Wall? 



Yo





 

Do me a favor..When you go on prescription medication, and you will, eventually, if you're not already on something, ( I suspect that you are by your writings ) please get rid of your weapons, for your own safety and the safety of innocent people.

 

The way I see it, most of the murders these days are committed by some looney tune on some form of drug, with a weapon handy. Just open the front page of any newspaper, everyday, and read all about it.

rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:46:17 AM
You do not have to open the newspaper to see the front page. 
don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/27/2012 9:23:48 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by rick3117:

You do not have to open the newspaper to see the front page. 

 

I meant... open any newspaper website or front page.

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.