Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Illegal not Deported goes on Murder Spree
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#1
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:06:57 PM
Worthy of discussion.
Immigrant felon freed by Obama deportation halt -- went on to murder three...
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:37:24 PM
Actually, fairly poor reporting. Lots of mistakes. The case is: Martinez & Benitez v. Rozos where the Supreme Court ruled that the government cannot indefinitely detain “Mariel” Cubans and other noncitizen “parolees” who have final orders of deportation but cannot be deported because the country of origin will not accept their return. This ruling extended the rationale in Zadvydas v. Davis.

Non-deportation because of a crises in that country is completely normal.

The article makes it appear that the Obama order of non-deportation is why this person was released. That is playing hard and fast with facts. An illegal immigrant cannot be held pursuant to Clark v. Martinez & Benitez v. Rozos if the sole basis for detention is that status and the inability to deport. It would appear in this case that the illegal immigrant was released far too early for the crimes he had committed. That is mutually exclusive from detention based on status.

 

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4224
Location: Greece
#3
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:35:03 PM

Our legal system sucks....if convicted of murdering 1+ should be automatic death penalty after 1st automatic appeal. Flatline after 30 days of that appeal.

 

quote
lifemisspent send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
lifemisspent
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7286
Location: Cayman Islands
#4
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:44:53 PM

American citizens go on murder sprees all the time...............you live in the most violent country in the civilized world.

Cherry picking data.

 

 

 

quote
ruffcutter2006 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ruffcutter2006
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3651
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:57:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Our legal system sucks....if convicted of murdering 1+ should be automatic death penalty after 1st automatic appeal. Flatline after 30 days of that appeal.

 



Tell that to the dozens of death row inmates later shown to be innocent and released.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8786
Location:
#6
Posted: 1/23/2012 6:05:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lifemisspent:

American citizens go on murder sprees all the time...............you live in the most violent country in the civilized world.

Cherry picking data.

 

 

 



That has what to do with people being in the country illegally and committing murder??

Perhaps you should apply for an IRS job. "You'se pay taxes........so just give us all your money"
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 1/23/2012 6:51:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Actually, fairly poor reporting. Lots of mistakes. The case is: Martinez & Benitez v. Rozos where the Supreme Court ruled that the government cannot indefinitely detain “Mariel” Cubans and other noncitizen “parolees” who have final orders of deportation but cannot be deported because the country of origin will not accept their return. This ruling extended the rationale in Zadvydas v. Davis.

Non-deportation because of a crises in that country is completely normal.

The article makes it appear that the Obama order of non-deportation is why this person was released. That is playing hard and fast with facts. An illegal immigrant cannot be held pursuant to Clark v. Martinez & Benitez v. Rozos if the sole basis for detention is that status and the inability to deport. It would appear in this case that the illegal immigrant was released far too early for the crimes he had committed. That is mutually exclusive from detention based on status.



An excellent discussion of the facts.   Another reason why our prisons should be for thieves and violent offenders instead of people that need rehab.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4224
Location: Greece
#8
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:08:08 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ruffcutter2006:



Tell that to the dozens of death row inmates later shown to be innocent and released.

Tell that to the those that are known to be guilty sitting on DR for decades wasting our taxpayer jingle. Not to mention those that have no problem killing people over a pair of tennis shoes.

FLATLINE!

 

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24066
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:10:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:



That has what to do with people being in the country illegally and committing murder??

Perhaps you should apply for an IRS job. "You'se pay taxes........so just give us all your money"


Oh nos
quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21692
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:47:26 PM

"An excellent discussion of the facts". ..

It was till the personal attacks ...

quote
ruffcutter2006 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ruffcutter2006
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3651
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:48:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Tell that to the those that are known to be guilty sitting on DR for decades wasting our taxpayer jingle. Not to mention those that have no problem killing people over a pair of tennis shoes.

FLATLINE!


So you are OK with the state killing innocent people, as long as we don't spend too much money to keep people on death row?

Seriously?

 

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:56:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:



An excellent discussion of the facts.   Another reason why our prisons should be for thieves and violent offenders instead of people that need rehab.

Agreed.

We need true criminal justice reform but the problem is joe taxpayer(s) want nothing to do with the cost of actual reform, unless of course it involves no prison time for those with drug addictions. If that were to happen, we would have plenty of prison space for the real offenders.

quote
Hirschfelder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hirschfelder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2490
Location:
#13
Posted: 1/24/2012 5:42:46 AM
so the issue is the illegal immigrant and not firearms?


umm, ok


quote
Hirschfelder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hirschfelder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2490
Location:
#14
Posted: 1/24/2012 5:52:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:



That has what to do with people being in the country illegally and committing murder??

Perhaps you should apply for an IRS job. "You'se pay taxes........so just give us all your money"


its only ok if Americans commit murder

maybe he should have killed a bunch of illegals, its their fault for being there anyway
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#15
Posted: 1/24/2012 6:54:49 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Hirschfelder:

so the issue is the illegal immigrant and not firearms?


umm, ok


yep its firearms

everyone knows that prohibition would have prevented these murders

every country that has outlawed firearms suffers no murders or violence caused by these nasty things

it has worked with alcohol in the past, its working with drugs now, hell its even working with immigration

just make things illegal and the problems go away

prohibition is the only answer

guns kill people, people dont

quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#16
Posted: 1/24/2012 6:56:34 AM

wait a minute....have they thought about making murder illegal?

they did?????

its obviously the firearms then

quote
Hirschfelder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hirschfelder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2490
Location:
#17
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:27:45 AM
when we see multiple high school massacres with a knife, and shopping mall knifing sprees as often was we see gun massacres then you will have an argument


quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#18
Posted: 1/24/2012 2:19:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hirschfelder:

when we see multiple high school massacres with a knife, and shopping mall knifing sprees as often was we see gun massacres then you will have an argument



box
quote
TILTOLOGIC
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5019
Location: Uganda
#19
Posted: 1/24/2012 2:38:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hirschfelder:

when we see multiple high school massacres with a knife, and shopping mall knifing sprees as often was we see gun massacres then you will have an argument




If you actually believe that nonsense you should consider talking to someone. That line of thinking is highly symptomatic of a serious dysfunction occurring between your ears. 



quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8786
Location:
#20
Posted: 1/24/2012 2:56:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hirschfelder:



its only ok if Americans commit murder

maybe he should have killed a bunch of illegals, its their fault for being there anyway


Keep on spinning.
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14439
Location:
#21
Posted: 1/24/2012 3:03:33 PM
Christ on a friggin guy you guys never cease to amaze me!  

Gun laws? really?  

Pretty sure it is Illegal to:
A) posess a firearm if you are in this country illegally 
B) Murder people. 
C) even be in the country. 

The fact that your brain defaults automatically to gun control is a symptom of larger stupidity. 
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4224
Location: Greece
#22
Posted: 1/24/2012 3:16:13 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ruffcutter2006:

 So you are OK with the state killing innocent people, as long as we don't spend too much money to keep people on death row?

Seriously?    

Are your eyes painted on?!!!!! Did you not read the part where I said after mantatory appeal?

Seriously?

Seriously?

Ok maybe your right maybe we should only execute those that are guilty guilty and not just the ones that are simply guilty.

Sheesh...

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4224
Location: Greece
#23
Posted: 1/24/2012 3:21:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Are your eyes painted on?!!!!! Did you not read the part where I said after mantatory appeal?

Seriously?

Seriously?

Ok maybe your right maybe we should only execute those that are guilty guilty and not just the ones that are simply guilty.

Sheesh...

Ok..before the spelling police gets here (stiln) Mandatory not mantatory. typo

quote
mainmanmainman2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4309
Location: Antarctica
#24
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:29:43 AM
sometimes i just ask myself

"if these people planned this to happen"

and im not talking about the immigrants.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4224
Location: Greece
#25
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:04:18 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ruffcutter2006:

http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-death-row-inmate-writes-letter-life-152637993--abc-news.html

 

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.