The 7th Inning Stretch

Forum: Systems & Strategies Page 1 of 9  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Systems & Strategies] Topic: The 7th Inning Stretch
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2014 4:36:15 PM
Take the dog in the first game of the day, home or away. If more than one game starts at the same time then take the higher rotation number. One game a day chasing for 7 until victory. Because it's dogs only the chase isn't nearly as expensive as others. 
Average Money Line is +150...

2013 Overall Record: (76-0)
G1 - (38-38)
G2 - (22-16)
G3 - (6-10)
G4 - (5-5)
G5 - (4-1)
G6 - (1-0)
G7 - (0-0)

This meant to be a 7 Game All Dog Chase, but it didn't actually get to that last year. I'll be adding previous years as I complete them. This starts from Opening Day and goes to August 31.
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2014 4:50:09 PM
Looks familiar! Like NHL and NCAAB and the other  sports I checked!  
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2014 5:02:25 PM
Oh I see your taking first game of day not first in rotation. My bad. 

GL
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2014 6:40:40 PM
bD, couple questions. What books line did you use and opening or closing? I just did a real quick check myself because the +150 average set off a red flag to me. 

My results were way different

Average price +121 only 10 winners were at +150 or higher

A) 40
B) 17
C) 6
D) 3 
E) 3
F) 3
Loss - 1 = 125 units

2013       -37 units 
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2014 10:47:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:

bD, couple questions. What books line did you use and opening or closing? I just did a real quick check myself because the +150 average set off a red flag to me. 

My results were way different

Average price +121 only 10 winners were at +150 or higher

A) 40
B) 17
C) 6
D) 3 
E) 3
F) 3
Loss - 1 = 125 units

2013       -37 units 

I'm not sure how you got those numbers. We don't even have the same amount of games. I have 76 and you have 72. You must be doing something different than what I'm doing...
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2014 11:01:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bDnews:


I'm not sure how you got those numbers. We don't even have the same amount of games. I have 76 and you have 72. You must be doing something different than what I'm doing...

I'm doing what you stated, but that's the reason I asked you those questions it could effect the results. What site did you pull your info from?
bbreit PM bbreit
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 76
United States
 
bbreit
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/19/2014 9:42:17 PM
funny....i just quick ran over the numbers from last year and i got 79-1.   i'm just a stupid rookie though.  i do remember seeing 11 straight losses from 7/31-8/10.  i used SBR.   
bbreit PM bbreit
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 76
United States
 
bbreit
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/19/2014 9:48:45 PM
quick question though.....when would you place the bet for the next day?  would you use the overnight line or wait until the next day?  the only reason i ask is because i did see some teams open as the dog then close as the favorite, and vice versa.  maybe that's why all our numbers are different.  i'm not questioning you guys, just trying to help and understand so i'm not bugging you guys all summer. both you guys (BD and Jeff) are class acts in my book.  you work and results are incredible and are most appreciated by me and others.  

fadeyoulosers PM fadeyoulosers
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 111
 
fadeyoulosers
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/6/2014 11:49:30 PM
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 12:02:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by fadeyoulosers:


Like a disease spreading hate to every thread and not looking to show his picks, why? We know why , he would be embarrassed off of Covers along with his other 2 alias'. 
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 2:30:24 AM
2013 - (76-0)

G1 - (37-39)
G2 - (21-18)
G3 - (8-10)
G4 - (4-6)
G5 - (3-3)
G6 - (3-0)
G7 - (0-0)

These are the numbers based on Scoresandodds.com from 2013. Earlier numbers were based on a private database, but for anyone now looking, feel free to check my numbers based on this site.
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 2:59:10 AM
2014 - (5-0)

G1 - (4-1)
G2 - (0-1)
G3 - (0-1)
G4 - (1-0)
G5 - (0-0)
G6 - (0-0)
G7 - (0-0)
donfernando PM donfernando
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 107
Dominican
              Republic
 
donfernando
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 10:40:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:

bD, couple questions. What books line did you use and opening or closing? I just did a real quick check myself because the +150 average set off a red flag to me. 

My results were way different

Average price +121 only 10 winners were at +150 or higher

A) 40
B) 17
C) 6
D) 3 
E) 3
F) 3
Loss - 1 = 125 units

2013       -37 units 


how do you make the reserch???

what software you use to sort the games you want???

thank you very much
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 10:54:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by donfernando:



how do you make the reserch???

what software you use to sort the games you want???

thank you very much

No software, physically research everything by hand and double check everything. It's much better to stare at the data than to rely on software. It takes much longer but that way I have every single game written in front of me. 
JEFFTHEHAT PM JEFFTHEHAT
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3843
California
 
JEFFTHEHAT
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/7/2014 1:00:20 PM
bD, I found an error on SBR odds scores where I thought you had a loss. 8/9 shows CWS winning 5-2 when in fact they lost 7-5. That was the loss I thought occurred. Just owning up to the error. 

GL 
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/8/2014 11:54:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:

bD, I found an error on SBR odds scores where I thought you had a loss. 8/9 shows CWS winning 5-2 when in fact they lost 7-5. That was the loss I thought occurred. Just owning up to the error. 

GL 

Thanks Jeff. Most aren't big enough to do so...
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/8/2014 11:55:40 AM
G2 - Baltimore
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 1:55:10 AM
2014 - (6-0)

G1 - (4-2)
G2 - (1-1)
G3 - (0-1)
G4 - (1-0)
G5 - (0-0)
G6 - (0-0)
G7 - (0-0)
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 1:57:06 AM
G1 - San Diego
bruin95 PM bruin95
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 375
Nevada
 
bruin95
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 4:19:46 AM
Something's not right here.  I've checked this for this season so far and have only come up with 3 completed chases.  The first 2 went to the D game, and the third went to a B game.  I have no A game wins (0-3).  I picked the games exactly how they are explained in post #1, and used scoresandodds.com for reference.
bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 10:58:59 AM
3/30 - Padres - G1 - W
4/03 - St Louis - G4 - W
4/04 - Atlanta - G1 - W
4/05 - Minnesota - G1 - W
4/06 - Minnesota - G1 - W
4/08 - Baltimore - G2 - W




davemw23 PM davemw23
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 77
 
davemw23
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 11:43:52 AM
So was this confirmed to be undefeated last year at 76-0 based on a 7 game chase (but only needed 6)??

Also, how were the results in previous years?


Thanks for all the hard work bD and Jeff!  Love your guys' systems!

bulichm PM bulichm
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 310
 
bulichm
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 4:13:35 PM
Looks  great.
bruin95 PM bruin95
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 375
Nevada
 
bruin95
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:19:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bDnews:

3/30 - Padres - G1 - W
4/03 - St Louis - G4 - W
4/04 - Atlanta - G1 - W
4/05 - Minnesota - G1 - W
4/06 - Minnesota - G1 - W
4/08 - Baltimore - G2 - W





OK, I missed the Sunday night opener (totally forgot about that one) so that's one win on the A game.  But I do not get any others.  You say Atlanta was a game 1 winner on 4/4 but, according to your rules, they shouldn't have been the play.  Your rules state that if 2 games start at the same time you take the team with the HIGHER rotation number.  On 4/4, ATL/WAS was 901/902, while BAL/DET were 915/916.  Both games started at 1:05PM est.  According to your rules, Baltimore (which lost) should have been the play.  915 is higher than 901.  What am I missing here?

bDnews PM bDnews
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6002
Virginia
 
bDnews
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:41:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bruin95:


OK, I missed the Sunday night opener (totally forgot about that one) so that's one win on the A game.  But I do not get any others.  You say Atlanta was a game 1 winner on 4/4 but, according to your rules, they shouldn't have been the play.  Your rules state that if 2 games start at the same time you take the team with the HIGHER rotation number.  On 4/4, ATL/WAS was 901/902, while BAL/DET were 915/916.  Both games started at 1:05PM est.  According to your rules, Baltimore (which lost) should have been the play.  915 is higher than 901.  What am I missing here?


OK. To clarify, when I say the HIGHER I mean the games with the EARLIER rotation number. 901 first and so on. So they would be 1st. As you count. 1 through whatever. So 915 then is LATER than 901. Start from the bottom up. 

When I say HIGHER, I mean the lowest rotation number to the highest...

Hope this helps.

bD
Forum: Systems & Strategies Page 1 of 9  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.