Baltimore at San Francisco (02/03/2013)

Forum: Pro Football Page 4 of 14 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: Baltimore at San Francisco (02/03/2013)
ChOmP PM ChOmP
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 902
 
ChOmP
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:01:16 PM
-ATLiens007

Your obviously an Atlanta Fan... shoulda coulda woulda

If thats your case then ...

Falcons should have lost to seattle....
Ravens should have lost to Denver....

Thats how this game is played..
Its the LAST Person to darn up... which in your case was Matt Ryan ....

In Seattle I guess you could blame Pete Carol cause he should have watched the Clock and how much time you would give Matt ryan... that game should have been Seattles.... kind of blame the defense too all they had to do was not give them a big play...BUT Seattle Deserves that for that DIRTY CALL at the begining of the season....Womp WoOmp WooOOmp

and In Denvers case you can blame the Coach for going into OT instead of giving it a shot.. with time on the clock... timeouts also one of the best veteran QBs....
tabby05 PM tabby05
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
 
tabby05
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:03:40 PM
I smell alot of 49er haters in here...Im not saying the Niners are going to whoop the Ravens but the Niners is going to win in a close game. The only qb the ravens have played similar to Kaep is RGIII..Ok Ravens Stack 8 in the box to stop Gore And Kaep whose going to guard Vernon Davis in the middle or Crabtree, Moss on the outside.. Kaep can throw too.
Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:05:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coloneljim:

just kidding



laughed my behind off at this post... then laughed even harder when i checked to see the time lapse between posts was an hour and a half...

good garbage!
Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:17:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ATLiens007:


Cant see the 49ers defense stopping the newly found passing
game of the Ravens since they couldn't do it against the Falcons!




i think this is probably the angle most people are using in this game, moreso than any other single angle (other than maybe the Ray Lewis destiny factor, which i don't put much stock into)...

problem is the word newly found... are we really prepared to believe this Ravens team is suddenly an offensive juggernaut?

their win against the Broncos was probably the most undeserving win any team has ever been granted in the playoffs... it is very easy to look at that game and take 28 Ravens points off the board...

1) 60 yard bomb for Baltimore's first score came immediately after a PI penalty on 3rd and 13, in which the ball landed behind the player's bench, about 15 yards out of bounds... Superman would have had to make a heroic effort to catch that ball OUT OF BOUNDS... let alone in bounds... nonexistent PI penalty directly leads to 7 points

2) 3 plays later, defender mugs the Decker (i believe) clearly holding both arms down before the ball arrives... ball gets knocked into the air and results in a pick 6... the refs who missed that call should NEVER be allowed to officiate a playoff game again... that was a TERRIBLE missed call, and it DRAMATICALLY effected the outcome of the football game... dispute this at the risk of labelling yourself either extremely biased, or extremely stupid!... 7 more points!

3) desparate lob at the end of the first half in which Champ Bailey (also victim of the first bomb) plays some of the worst defense i've ever seen (but wait... the worst is yet to come)... 7 more points!  it was only about a 35 yard pass, so not the most improbable play of all time (stay tuned)...

4) the most improbably play of all time!!!  needing 7 points just to get into OT, the Ravens pull off the miracle of all miracles, thanks to what is without question the single-worst defensive meltdown in the history of the NFL playoffs...




moral of the story:  are people really RELYING on the fact that the plethora of defensive meltdowns that have taken place during these 3 games, in which the Ravens have exploded in yardage and points, compared to how they have performed historically (including this entire season)... are going to be repeated by the 49ers, who have 2 weeks to look at all of that game film... ?


long bombs are not exactly a very complicated play to gameplan for, and if a team with a good coach and a defense that puts pressure on the QB, puts together a gameplan that is designed to TAKE ADVANTAGE of the fact that they know you are going to be RELYING on that to win... that can get ugly in a real hurry!


you guys really think Flacco can be counted upon in this situation?
unclebingo PM unclebingo
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
unclebingo
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 9:53:52 PM
take the under i wont pic the winner but i will pick the score  17 - 13 ungle bingo has the inside scoop you'l see
TheQuadYeah PM TheQuadYeah
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1827
 
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/23/2013 10:42:55 PM

After last week, I feel it's just destiny at this point. Much like the G-Men last year. Gimme the Ravens +3.5 in the "HarBrawl"

Anyone liking the over 47, too?

heads on the coin flip?

over/under on the national anthem? Fumbles? Sacks? FG's?

purple Gatorade dumped on the winning coach?

let's get it all out on the table.....

good luck all.....

coverplex PM coverplex
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
 
coverplex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:08:00 PM
LAST TIME BALTIMORE RAVENS WON SUPER BOWL WAS JANUARY 28, 2001. 
THEY BEAT A PREVIOUSLY UNBEATEN IN THE SUPER BOWL TEAM
THE NY GIANTS WERE 2-0
THEY WEAR 2 LETTERS ON HELMET.
9-11 HAPPENED LATER THAT YEAR IN NEW YORK.

NOW BALTIMORE RAVENS WILL BEAT NEVER BEATEN IN SUPER BOWL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS; 5-0
THEY WEAR 2 LETTERS ON HELMET.
CALIFORNIA EARTHQUAKE IS DUE.

RAVENS STRAIGHT UP +4 pays 150 / +3.5 pays 145

WELCOME TO THE HARBOWL !

coverplex PM coverplex
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
 
coverplex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:15:17 PM
SB 35 VENUE; TAMPA BAY, SAN FRANCISCO BAY (SB 47)

SB 47 VENUE; NEW ORLEANS, NEW YORK (SB 35)
coverplex PM coverplex
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
 
coverplex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:17:37 PM
THE SUPER BOWL VENUE SIGNALS THE LOSER HERE.

CRISS CROSS
coverplex PM coverplex
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
 
coverplex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:27:52 PM
MOTIVATION IS HUGE FACTOR ALSO, RAY LEWIS, ONE OF THE BEST EVER AT MOTIVATING HIS TEAM SPECIALLY NOW HIS LAST GAME.

RAVENS OFFENSE IS FOR REAL, WITH MANY WEAPONS AND ALL STARS AT KEY POSITIONS.

WILD CARD WEEKEND TEAMS ARE HOT IN LAST 5 SUPER BOWLS, WINNING 4.

49ERS GOT WHIPPED AT HOME BY NY GIANTS
AND LOST HUGELY BY SEATTLE NOT TO MENTION THEY COULD NOT EVEN BEAT THE RAMS AS RAMS EVEN BEAT 49ERS IN SAN FRANCISCO PLUS TIED (SKINNY CHICKEN) THE OTHER GAME IN ST. LOUIS 
coverplex PM coverplex
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
 
coverplex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:33:15 PM
JUST AS WHEN DUNGY AND LOVIE SMITH MET IN SUPER BOWL,
WITH SMITH BEING FIRST BLACK COACH TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL ( HE COACHED THE EARLIER GAME THAT CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND )
BUT DUNGY BECAME THE FIRST TO WIN IT.

FIRST BROTHERS TO COACH IN SUPER BOWL
 VS. EACH OTHER;
JIM WAS FIRST HARBAUGH HEAD COACH TO MAKE IT THERE ( HE COACHED THE EARLIER GAME LAST WEEKEND )
 BUT JOHN WILL BE THE FIRST TO WIN IT.

SITERBUN PM SITERBUN
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 37
 
SITERBUN
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:53:09 PM
THEQUADYEAH...you obsession with underage girl scare Bun!
2_TEAM_PARLAY PM 2_TEAM_PARLAY
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 106
 
2_TEAM_PARLAY
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 1:16:23 AM
I know anyone can win this game, just like how the NY GIANTS beat NEW ENGLAND (16-0 regular season record) in the Super Bowl. But CMON.


WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US ?

NOBODY !!!
I
N
E
R
S
2_TEAM_PARLAY PM 2_TEAM_PARLAY
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 106
 
2_TEAM_PARLAY
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 1:18:32 AM
Kaepernick and the Niner D will be the difference maker in this game.

Flacco will get sacked and turn over the ball with INTs or Fumbles
croyal1964 PM croyal1964
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1398
 
croyal1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:30:45 AM
Ya i give ravens props for beating Denver and New England at thier home fields but i think the difference will be the QB for SF ya this is first year as starter but Denver and NE QBs no where never Kap as far as running abillity. I believe he will have the ravens D confused with that option run and beat them on the ground as well as in the air. IMO this will be a close game but SF pulls out front in 4th quarter and dont look back. GL all
vali31 PM vali31
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 68
 
vali31
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:31:37 AM
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US ?

NOBODY !!!
..............................
That slogan only means something when you win it all...every year!  The Giants went to Candlestick and beat SF last year, and they definitely got it better than SF. The 2012 season came along and the revenge factor didn't happen, because the Giants whooped on SF like they stole something. The 2 teams the Niners didn't want to see in the playoffs were the Giants and Seahawks, luckily for them ATL found a way to beat Seattle and then found a way to lose the game against SF.  SF will struggle come Feb. 3, 2013.

pepa192 PM pepa192
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 249
 
pepa192
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:17:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




i think this is probably the angle most people are using in this game, moreso than any other single angle (other than maybe the Ray Lewis destiny factor, which i don't put much stock into)...

problem is the word newly found... are we really prepared to believe this Ravens team is suddenly an offensive juggernaut?

their win against the Broncos was probably the most undeserving win any team has ever been granted in the playoffs... it is very easy to look at that game and take 28 Ravens points off the board...

1) 60 yard bomb for Baltimore's first score came immediately after a PI penalty on 3rd and 13, in which the ball landed behind the player's bench, about 15 yards out of bounds... Superman would have had to make a heroic effort to catch that ball OUT OF BOUNDS... let alone in bounds... nonexistent PI penalty directly leads to 7 points

2) 3 plays later, defender mugs the Decker (i believe) clearly holding both arms down before the ball arrives... ball gets knocked into the air and results in a pick 6... the refs who missed that call should NEVER be allowed to officiate a playoff game again... that was a TERRIBLE missed call, and it DRAMATICALLY effected the outcome of the football game... dispute this at the risk of labelling yourself either extremely biased, or extremely stupid!... 7 more points!

3) desparate lob at the end of the first half in which Champ Bailey (also victim of the first bomb) plays some of the worst defense i've ever seen (but wait... the worst is yet to come)... 7 more points!  it was only about a 35 yard pass, so not the most improbable play of all time (stay tuned)...

4) the most improbably play of all time!!!  needing 7 points just to get into OT, the Ravens pull off the miracle of all miracles, thanks to what is without question the single-worst defensive meltdown in the history of the NFL playoffs...




moral of the story:  are people really RELYING on the fact that the plethora of defensive meltdowns that have taken place during these 3 games, in which the Ravens have exploded in yardage and points, compared to how they have performed historically (including this entire season)... are going to be repeated by the 49ers, who have 2 weeks to look at all of that game film... ?


long bombs are not exactly a very complicated play to gameplan for, and if a team with a good coach and a defense that puts pressure on the QB, puts together a gameplan that is designed to TAKE ADVANTAGE of the fact that they know you are going to be RELYING on that to win... that can get ugly in a real hurry!


you guys really think Flacco can be counted upon in this situation?
AMEN BROTHER!!!
TheQuadYeah PM TheQuadYeah
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1827
 
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:49:53 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SITERBUN:

THEQUADYEAH...you obsession with underage girl scare Bun!

Under what age? 45? Some of those women in that pic have crows feet for God's sake!!!

You might want to stop drinking the bathtub hooch bottom-shelf sake, Siterbun - it's turning you blind.......

bikinibabesrbes PM bikinibabesrbes
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
 
bikinibabesrbes
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 12:29:55 PM

Field Goal %  Balt  90.9 / Ranked 6th....SF %  69/ Ranked 31

End of story!!!

 

Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:09:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pepa192:

AMEN BROTHER!!!



it's a testament to the illiteracy rampant on this site that only one person responded to that post...


2_TEAM_PARLAY PM 2_TEAM_PARLAY
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 106
 
2_TEAM_PARLAY
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:40:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vali31:

WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US ?

NOBODY !!!

..............................
That slogan only means something when you win it all...every year!  The Giants went to Candlestick and beat SF last year, and they definitely got it better than SF. The 2012 season came along and the revenge factor didn't happen, because the Giants whooped on SF like they stole something. The 2 teams the Niners didn't want to see in the playoffs were the Giants and Seahawks, luckily for them ATL found a way to beat Seattle and then found a way to lose the game against SF.  SF will struggle come Feb. 3, 2013.

Vali31, you have your own opinion on whats gonna happen on this game. If the spread was more than 4.5, then i probably would have no bet and would touch the o/u instead. But the Niners

giving only 3.5 or 4 is very doable. The QB play will be the difference in this game. I also dont think its gonna come down to a FG.  BTW, for those that dont know, NINERS are 5-0 in the SUPER BOWL

 

WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US ?


NOBODY !!!
BreakaBookie PM BreakaBookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1737
 
BreakaBookie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:07:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




it's a testament to the illiteracy rampant on this site that only one person responded to that post...


While your wisdom is certainly remarkable, I diagree with your analysis.  I didn't think it was worth even responding to, until I saw this remark....

So here is where I disagree.....

First of all, I think it's safe to assume, (as if anything is safe to assume in the NFL) that this game is going to be a low scoring tight ball game with very few big plays, probably a few turnovers....

It's not going to be a shootout.... I don't think long bombs will come into play unless the 6'6 Flacco is staring over the Oline and sees a mismatch... otherwise it's going to be dink and dunk, YAC, and a combo of rice/pierce from the offense.... (note; SF is ranked number 1 vs. YAC)

The last meeting between these 2 was 16-6.  It's going to be a defensive battle with both teams struggling to get into the endzone....

I think special teams will play a large role.  Kick returns and field goal kicking....

Long Bombs? only calculated shots, at the end of first half, or in desperation mode...

Not a great way to cap this game..... Ravens are by no means an offensive juggernaut....

You also forgot to mention while minimizing the beating of Manning/Broncos at home, that the all-world qb really only put up 21 points.... if not for 2 returns for touchdowns, it may not even been a game!!!!!

GL TO ALL!

 

BreakaBookie PM BreakaBookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1737
 
BreakaBookie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:19:40 PM

Here's my play if anyone cares.... hoping my hot streak stays alive.

The LARGE bets I put in on Atlanta and Baltimore to win the superbowl I'm going to cover....

So I lost ATL obviously, I'm going to wager "to win" the amount to cover both bets....so if 49ers win I break even, if Ravens win I will win half of my wager at 9-1.

I'm then going to buy the line up to 4.5 (should've just called it in early!) and take the Ravens...

4 reasons.....

1) I'm going with the experienced team over the young team.... I think experience plays a huge factor in game prep for 2 week layoff.... and many of the Ravens have been to the Superbowl and won once before..... and they've been to several championship games over the years.... they have been an elite team for the last 5 years....  SF doens't have as much experience in Championship games as  Balt.  I think this will play a role. 

2)  I think at this stage in their career Flacco is a better QB than CK.... obviously the upside in CK is ridiculous.... but at this stage of the game I'm going to bet against the "ROOKIE" laying points....

3)  Ed Reed......... He's been quiet in the last two game except for the dropped interception during the Colts game.... his ability to read and anticipate a qb is gonna cause problems for the 49ers.  I'd be surprised if you see Vernon Davis doing what he did last week while Reed is watching him.

4)  Ray Lewis........ I saw stats on NFL Network that he the most snaps, tackles, and assisted tackles during 1 post-season in NFL History..... that's insane.... Patrick Willis is just as nasty, if not better, but the guy is playing possessed..... It's his last game "again" and he will get this team ready....

 

GL TO ALL!

stefontop PM stefontop
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
 
stefontop
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:47:02 PM
notable  trend sf 5-0 in da superbowl !!!!!!!!!    lets go niners

mrpix PM mrpix
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
 
mrpix
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#100
Posted: 1/24/2013 4:08:27 PM
When will people learn that going against the niners even as a -4 pt fav will lose. Im going for the under and SF. Go Niners!!
Forum: Pro Football Page 4 of 14 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.