Messages

Forum Index : Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 8  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: Seattle at Atlanta (01/13/2013)
Covers send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Location: Ireland
#1
Posted: 1/6/2013 8:09:35 PM

Away:  Seattle [12-5 ATS]
Home:  Atlanta [9-6-1 ATS]

Game Time: 1:00 PM
Stadium: Georgia Dome

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

Seattle:
Passing: Russell Wilson (3305)
Rushing: Marshawn Lynch (1722)
Receiving: Sidney Rice (775)

Atlanta:
Passing: Matt Ryan (4719)
Rushing: Michael Turner (803)
Receiving: Roddy White (1351)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

quote
Blockm97 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Blockm97
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Location:
#2
Posted: 1/6/2013 9:07:49 PM
Seattle has all the earmarks of a team about to make a SB push.  I like them a lot in this game.  They are tougher.  They have a better running game.  They have a substantially better defense.  Plus, ATL has not played a meaningful game in a while.  I think this is a situation where the bye hurts them.
quote
heatformer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
heatformer
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2509
Location: Pennsylvania
#3
Posted: 1/7/2013 7:11:36 AM
seattle
quote
echelon1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
echelon1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 324
Location: Texas
#4
Posted: 1/7/2013 9:19:04 AM
This is a match-up of two different style football teams. While systematically it may not look all that different, it is when you observe how they play the game and what their strengths are.

BLOCKM97 said it great above that Seattle is a much tougher team, with a better defense that matches up well with Atl, and has a real shot at a SB push. IMO, only SF has what it takes to beat Seattle in the NFC and that one would still be even game as they proved in their split meetings.  SF gets the slight edge at home.  Green Bay would fall to Seattle as well, as they are much more similar to an Atlanta style team.

I like this one moneyline and fairly large...Sea for the small upset.  
quote
Turbovtk
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
Location:
#5
Posted: 1/7/2013 10:13:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by echelon1:

This is a match-up of two different style football teams. While systematically it may not look all that different, it is when you observe how they play the game and what their strengths are.

BLOCKM97 said it great above that Seattle is a much tougher team, with a better defense that matches up well with Atl, and has a real shot at a SB push. IMO, only SF has what it takes to beat Seattle in the NFC and that one would still be even game as they proved in their split meetings.  SF gets the slight edge at home.  Green Bay would fall to Seattle as well, as they are much more similar to an Atlanta style team.

I like this one moneyline and fairly large...Sea for the small upset.  

While I like Seattle I think that on a rematch GB would be to inspired after the Fail Mary game.

I see the Pats Packers and Hawks advancing not sure on the Denver game yet- Baltimore seems to have a nag of either having a terrible game Pittsburgh (last two games) or a great game (Giants and Colts)

This week all the favorites covered I think it is a different scenario this week in which I only see 1-2 favs advancing and probably none of them covering.
quote
zzziggy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
zzziggy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 156
Location: Wisconsin
#6
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:05:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


While I like Seattle I think that on a rematch GB would be to inspired after the Fail Mary game.


Save your conspiracies this is the NFL, not the NBA! 

quote
zzziggy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
zzziggy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 156
Location: Wisconsin
#7
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:10:58 PM
Matt Ryan absolute money at home...

Seahawks loaded with talent, and this year's red hott team...

Tough one to call for me

PASS
quote
TheQuadYeah send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1687
Location:
#8
Posted: 1/7/2013 6:10:41 PM

Falcons -1?!?!?!?

are you kidding me?!?!?!?

FALCONS -1??!?!?!?

Last time I checked, Matt Ryan ain't playing on no gimpy leg.......

They showed the stats last game - - last road playoff victory for the Sea-Turkeys - - and yes, I'm saying Turkeys now - - was 1983...... When's the last time they won 2 road playoff games in a row?????????? Never?!?!?

Where's W8's bravado when I need it?

You know what F*** it...........

FALCONS

LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXTRA LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH WHIP CREAM AND SLIVERED ALMONDS...........

quote
binger1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
binger1
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 547
Location: Missouri
#9
Posted: 1/7/2013 11:24:43 PM
Seahawks looking like last yrs Giants that got on a roll late in the season. They have a strong running game and a smash mouth defense that should get to Ryan..Prediction: Seattle 24 -Atlanta 20
quote
mnoer48 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mnoer48
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Location:
#10
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:21:51 AM
if you think the falcons are a legit number 1 which has meant nothing the last 5 super bowls you are out your bird or should i say falcon or SEAHAWK...seahawks defense is gives up about 15 points a game and matt ryan aint winning a tight one sure hes money at home during the regular season playoffs not so much....seattle is the play here
quote
degengambler34 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2584
Location: Nevada
#11
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:17:26 AM
People are forgetting that if rg3 didn't reinjure that knee last week that seattle loses that game out right. It's not hard to look "dominant" on defense when the other team is running a read option with one or two wr patterns and the qb is no threat to run at all, in fact it's very easy to look "dominant". I know seattle has been dominant for weeks now, and if they were at home i would friggin pound this game with a vigor regardless of the spread. But i'm telling you guys the sharp money absolutely pounded atlanta in this game when they released the -1. For me it's a pass. 
quote
degengambler34 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2584
Location: Nevada
#12
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:21:46 AM
It should also be noted that im quite sure atlanta has been game planning for seattle for 3 weeks now, unless they are dumb they anticipated this matchup weeks ago. Ill say again i don't see value in this game. Seattle clearly has the better defense and running game, not really a question there. Atlanta clearly has the better passing game and wide receivers, not much of a question there. I will say sea. has yet to face a team with receivers this good. That matchup to me is the most compelling, are these seattle cornerbacks as good as touted. If they are this will definitely be a sea win. 
quote
SportsGuruX send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
SportsGuruX
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2247
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:42:53 AM
SEAHAWKS
quote
RaiderHawk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
RaiderHawk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 11
Location: Washington
#14
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:50:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheQuadYeah:

Last time I checked, Matt Ryan ain't playing on no gimpy leg.......

When's the last time they won 2 road playoff games in a row?????????? Never?!?!?


No, he's not on a "gimpy leg", he just can't hang onto the ball and fumbles his way to losses.

In 3-playoff games in a row he has lost all 3 due to INT's and fumbles.  He's lost so far to the Cards, Pack, and Gints. Not for nothin I don't see anything there to tout IMHO.

SeaHawks +
quote
bouncer07 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino |
bouncer07
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 358
Location: California
#15
Posted: 1/8/2013 11:58:52 AM
Hawks! Rematch with Packers w/ packers winning the game!
quote
croyal1964 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
croyal1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1348
Location:
#16
Posted: 1/8/2013 12:04:11 PM
over over over
quote
ATLiens007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ATLiens007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Hawaii
#17
Posted: 1/8/2013 12:48:03 PM
I like this discussion and how everyone is now band wagon the Seahawks! Keep doing it guys and push the line down. All season long everyone is against Atlanta and I love it! We get no respect which is truly why I like flying under the radar! Keep up the good work and ride Seattle! Because no matter who we played we just keep on winning!
quote
ATLiens007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ATLiens007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Hawaii
#18
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:36:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheQuadYeah:

Falcons -1?!?!?!?

are you kidding me?!?!?!?

FALCONS -1??!?!?!?

Last time I checked, Matt Ryan ain't playing on no gimpy leg.......

They showed the stats last game - - last road playoff victory for the Sea-Turkeys - - and yes, I'm saying Turkeys now - - was 1983...... When's the last time they won 2 road playoff games in a row?????????? Never?!?!?

Where's W8's bravado when I need it?

You know what F*** it...........

FALCONS

LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXTRA LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH WHIP CREAM AND SLIVERED ALMONDS...........

I concur!

quote
packerfan1102 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
packerfan1102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 23
Location:
#19
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:43:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ATLiens007:

I concur!


Finally someone who can see through the smoking mirror.
RG3 was banged up BAD and they had a chance Atlanta the best play of the week.


quote
BloodyShredder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BloodyShredder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1476
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:28:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ATLiens007:

I like this discussion and how everyone is now band wagon the Seahawks! Keep doing it guys and push the line down. All season long everyone is against Atlanta and I love it! We get no respect which is truly why I like flying under the radar! Keep up the good work and ride Seattle! Because no matter who we played we just keep on winning!

Any who uses the word "we" should be banned from commenting on that game. Unless, of course, they really are a player or coach. 
quote
vanhawk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vanhawk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Location: Canada
#21
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:20:47 PM
Terrible matchup for Atlanta in almost every respect. Big physical corners, good pass rush, I'm predicting 3 picks for Ryan. Think the Falcons defense will be confused with the Wilson/Lynch combo (i.e.: Bills, 49ers, Cards).

SEAHAWKS +1 LARGE
quote
TheQuadYeah send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1687
Location:
#22
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:55:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by RaiderHawk:



No, he's not on a "gimpy leg", he just can't hang onto the ball and fumbles his way to losses.

In 3-playoff games in a row he has lost all 3 due to INT's and fumbles.  He's lost so far to the Cards, Pack, and Gints. Not for nothin I don't see anything there to tout IMHO.

SeaHawks +

Just like I predicted on the Crimson Tide, I'm predicting this game.....

 I don't often stick my neck out on "large" wagers, but this one?

ATL for the Extra Large, Signed, Sealed, Delivered, IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!

Minus One Point?????????

We'll see..............

quote
TheQuadYeah send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1687
Location:
#23
Posted: 1/8/2013 9:07:03 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

Now that I think about it.........

Seems a little too shady of a line, almost like I'm being baited.....

You know what, F*** it, The duuurty ATL - riding it "do or die".....

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote
forkball
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
forkball
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 557
Location: Cayman Islands
#24
Posted: 1/8/2013 9:23:08 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by vanhawk:

Terrible matchup for Atlanta in almost every respect. Big physical corners, good pass rush, I'm predicting 3 picks for Ryan. Think the Falcons defense will be confused with the Wilson/Lynch combo (i.e.: Bills, 49ers, Cards).

SEAHAWKS +1 LARGE

ITS ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS IN MY BOOK. . .

quote
vanhawk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vanhawk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Location: Canada
#25
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:26:56 PM
Should also note last week the field conditions at Fedex Field were an absolute joke, it was painted dirt, a sandbox. I expect the Seahawks to be flying in an indoor environment. Remember that 50-17 blood bath against the Bills in Toronto (that was on indoor turf). Their defense will be swarming and the Wilson/Lynch play action will be going unlike anything the Falcons have seen this year!
quote
Forum Index : Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 8  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.