Messages

Forum Index : Covers Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 7  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: Houston at New York (10/08/2012)
Covers send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Location: Ireland
#1
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:03:11 AM

Away:  Houston [4-0 ATS]
Home:  N.Y. Jets [2-2 ATS]

Game Time: 8:30 PM
Stadium: MetLife Stadium

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

Houston:
Passing: Matt Schaub (953)
Rushing: Arian Foster (380)
Receiving: Andre Johnson (268)

N.Y. Jets:
Passing: Mark Sanchez (813)
Rushing: Shonn Greene (191)
Receiving: Santonio Holmes (272)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

quote
mac0706 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mac0706
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 84
Location:
#2
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:56:50 AM

Wow, this is a big game for both sides, a monday nighter too. Jets could prove something here, and correct themselves from being embarrassed in week 4 by the 49ers @home. As for the Texans, it's a monday nighter, so they will play even harder than Sunday, or at the end, the Jets fluk one up, and make the Texans go 4-1, therefore, i am taking a risk here, going with +7.5 Jets 

quote
mgmprofits send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino |
mgmprofits
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 649
Location:
#3
Posted: 10/2/2012 5:01:44 PM
Jets, easy winner
quote
Runnie72 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Runnie72
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 101
Location:
#4
Posted: 10/2/2012 8:50:00 PM
Jets lost only WR they had have a huge QB issue and Tebow will just make things worse, playing Monday night against the #2 def and top 5 offense in the league will be making Rex Ryan have another colorful speech to media post game

Got Texans -7.5 before the jump to 9 at Southpoint casino
quote
harvdoe send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
harvdoe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
Location:
#5
Posted: 10/3/2012 12:24:39 PM
SANTONIO HOLMES OFFICIALLY OUT FOR SEASON...if youre backing houston expect this line to inflate like crazy...i got it @ Hou-9 today...
quote
vue21849
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
vue21849
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2979
Location: South Carolina
#6
Posted: 10/3/2012 6:14:36 PM

    Should be one helluva game. If you think the Jets are going to be humiliated again, or that Sanchez is ready to ride the bench, and let newbie Tebow take his job- THINK AGAIN! 9 points is a lot of lumber to lay on the road. Better teams have tried and failed!

N Y  JETS     + 9

quote
TheQuadYeah
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1686
Location:
#7
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:04:38 PM

Hey, I see the Jets are thinking of bringing in Aaron Berry to help out at corner. Maybe he could just get drunk and shoot Schaub and Foster.

Anyways - yeah, 9 points at home is a little much, I don't care who the team is - I think Houston wins, but not by 9

Jets +9 - small play, though

quote
dustyvaultz send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetLegends.eu |
dustyvaultz
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 618
Location: Illinois
#8
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:37:06 AM
well i was liking the Jets until i came in this tread lol may be the double mind darn going on i like the under 
quote
lookingtowin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3378
Location: Canada
#9
Posted: 10/4/2012 6:39:22 AM
Houston minus anything up to 11.  The Texans are the absolute best team in football and if you are looking for them to have a let down it sure is not going to be on a Monday night game.  They want to prove to the nation they are for real.  I have them at -8.5.


quote
Tarynfor12 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
Tarynfor12
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 187
Location: Nevada
#10
Posted: 10/4/2012 9:00:54 AM

"The more they get hurt,the more dangerous they become"

Sounds good as a movie line but it doesn't instill fear with either Jets O/D lines.

HOUSTON

quote
mellowman7883 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellowman7883
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 638
Location: Texas
#11
Posted: 10/4/2012 1:07:34 PM
Plus the Texans have never beat the Jets so they are going in motivated! They smell blood. 


quote
harvdoe send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
harvdoe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
Location:
#12
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:01:30 PM
nothing is as it seems this season....remember that...
quote
DrDogs
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1840
Location: Tennessee
#13
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:58:44 PM
This line is already too high.If it hits double digits put your soul on it cuz double digit homes dogs win or cover like always...JETS for the millions!!!!!
quote
TheQuadYeah
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1686
Location:
#14
Posted: 10/4/2012 6:38:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by DrDogs:

JETS for the millions!!!!!

 

EEEshhhh - Millions, no, possibly tens of dollars - maybe............

quote
thekirk
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
thekirk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 331
Location: Texas
#15
Posted: 10/4/2012 10:43:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vue21849:

    Should be one helluva game. If you think the Jets are going to be humiliated again, or that Sanchez is ready to ride the bench, and let newbie Tebow take his job- THINK AGAIN! 9 points is a lot of lumber to lay on the road. Better teams have tried and failed!

N Y  JETS     + 9



Vue, you've gone against Houston every week, aside from week two when you played it smart and just took the under (which was a good call, lets face it, everyone knew the Jags weren't going to score jack in that game).

So my question is this, will you EVER pick Houston, or continue picking the dog they play each week. Admittedly, I don't think they'll have a perfect season, so that strategy may pay off for you. But personally, they've blasted every team they've played so far by 20 points or more, except for Denver, who had the late 4th qtr Manning factor that scored them some late points. In the end, they still covered over Peyton, IN DENVER.

End of the day, Jets are garbage this year, god knows why they picked up Tebow if they aren't going to use him, but so long as they keep letting everyone run all over them and leave Dirty Sanchez in to throw picks, they aren't going to cover 8 pts over the Texans. I'm surprised this line isn't higher, closer to what it was when they faced Miami or Tennessee.
quote
billbob send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
billbob
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 407
Location:
#16
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:28:38 PM
Jets plus the points and take the money line great play 
quote
BXDada send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BXDada
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Location:
#17
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:30:12 AM
Bookies spreading the word early becasue THEY ARE GOING TO GET ABSOLUTELY KILLED IN THIS GAME. EVERYONE PILE ON... JETS ARE GOING DOWN....  HOUSTON =  LOCK CITY!!!!!  Texans are legit, best team in the NFL, they can run, throw play solid D and get after the QB!!!
quote
thekirk
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
thekirk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 331
Location: Texas
#18
Posted: 10/5/2012 2:01:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by billbob:

Jets plus the points and take the money line great play 


Jets moneyline? Just go burn your money now. I take it you haven't watched any Jets games this season.
quote
lookingtowin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3378
Location: Canada
#19
Posted: 10/5/2012 10:55:18 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by BXDada:

Bookies spreading the word early becasue THEY ARE GOING TO GET ABSOLUTELY KILLED IN THIS GAME. EVERYONE PILE ON... JETS ARE GOING DOWN....  HOUSTON =  LOCK CITY!!!!!  Texans are legit, best team in the NFL, they can run, throw play solid D and get after the QB!!!

THERE IS THAT DAMN L WORD AGAIN.

quote
seahawks44
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
seahawks44
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 48
Location:
#20
Posted: 10/5/2012 1:13:17 PM
JETS WIN TEEEEEBOW   17  TO 14
quote
vue21849
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
vue21849
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2979
Location: South Carolina
#21
Posted: 10/5/2012 11:00:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thekirk:



Vue, you've gone against Houston every week, aside from week two when you played it smart and just took the under (which was a good call, lets face it, everyone knew the Jags weren't going to score jack in that game).

So my question is this, will you EVER pick Houston, or continue picking the dog they play each week. Admittedly, I don't think they'll have a perfect season, so that strategy may pay off for you. But personally, they've blasted every team they've played so far by 20 points or more, except for Denver, who had the late 4th qtr Manning factor that scored them some late points. In the end, they still covered over Peyton, IN DENVER.

End of the day, Jets are garbage this year, god knows why they picked up Tebow if they aren't going to use him, but so long as they keep letting everyone run all over them and leave Dirty Sanchez in to throw picks, they aren't going to cover 8 pts over the Texans. I'm surprised this line isn't higher, closer to what it was when they faced Miami or Tennessee.

Yes - it appears so far I've gone against Houston,  this season. I guess I will eventually have a play on them soon. As far as the Texans are concerned, they had better win their division. I have a futures bet on them & the Niners, for all the marbles.  But this is the "spread league" I'm playing in. I'm doing very good this season, especially with my dog plays (19-10-2). The Jets are desparate to right a ship that's about to capsize. This is the NFL ,not college football. As such, the talent levels among players are really very close. I know for a fact that home underdogs of 7.5 and up for the last 7 years, have historically covered over 65% of the time. Check it out for yourself. I played the Rams on Thursday against the previously undefeated Cards. You know the results. Maybe I don't win this bet, but if I go with the percentages during the season, I can only end up with a profit.   G/L
quote
Pokeyrich send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Pokeyrich
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 31
Location: Nevada
#22
Posted: 10/6/2012 2:06:15 AM
i think most smart players played st louis on thurs. ill wait till monday night. maybe a 6 point teaser for spread and over.
quote
thekirk
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
thekirk
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 331
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 10/6/2012 4:13:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vue21849:


Yes - it appears so far I've gone against Houston,  this season. I guess I will eventually have a play on them soon. As far as the Texans are concerned, they had better win their division. I have a futures bet on them & the Niners, for all the marbles.  But this is the "spread league" I'm playing in. I'm doing very good this season, especially with my dog plays (19-10-2). The Jets are desparate to right a ship that's about to capsize. This is the NFL ,not college football. As such, the talent levels among players are really very close. I know for a fact that home underdogs of 7.5 and up for the last 7 years, have historically covered over 65% of the time. Check it out for yourself. I played the Rams on Thursday against the previously undefeated Cards. You know the results. Maybe I don't win this bet, but if I go with the percentages during the season, I can only end up with a profit.   G/L


The Texans will win their division, at this point with the way the other three are playing I don't think that's even a question anymore. Don't get me wrong, you've had some good plays, and I'm not the type to sit here and say 'oh you're an idiot', I'll give credit where credit is due. I've had good luck with dog plays too so far this season, with all the new talent and old talent not performing so hot (Saints, cowboys, etc.) it's not as hard to back some of these dogs.

My only point is, and to address the home dog statistic you mention, the Texans are doing very well ATS this year. Were it not for the defense getting a little relaxed in Denver late in the game, they would've blown out two home underdogs so far this season by much more than 8 points.

Honestly, the Rams was the right play the other night. Went with the under myself since it seemed more historically sound, but in the end the Rams was the right side play also. Why? The Arizona offensive line is terrible, and the fact that they were 4-0 until Thursday was very superficial. GLTA
quote
ATLiens007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ATLiens007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Hawaii
#24
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:46:55 AM
Take the Jets and the points!
quote
ATLiens007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ATLiens007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Hawaii
#25
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:49:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BXDada:

Bookies spreading the word early becasue THEY ARE GOING TO GET ABSOLUTELY KILLED IN THIS GAME. EVERYONE PILE ON... JETS ARE GOING DOWN....  HOUSTON =  LOCK CITY!!!!!  Texans are legit, best team in the NFL, they can run, throw play solid D and get after the QB!!!

Ooh! Ooh! Another lock city!
Even more I like the JETS!!!!
quote
Forum Index : Covers Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 7  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.