New York at New England (02/05/2012)

Forum: Pro Football Page 2 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: New York at New England (02/05/2012)
holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8860
Kentucky
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/24/2012 6:38:41 PM

Been riding the G-Men since week 8...  Outside of that +7 debacle down in New Orleans, they have paid me well...  As Lee Corso would say, NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND.  Exiting stage left in this spot Ladies and Gentlemen.  I'm hoping the public pushes this line below a field goal, but I think the opposite will happen (go back to 3.5 or 4) closer to kickoff time.  Haven’t locked in as of yet, however Blue Star LOVES Tommy Terrific and his band of merry receivers minus 2.5...  Stay tune! 

pando PM pando
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
 
pando
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:12:44 PM
I picked the Giants + 3.5 on my website handicappingwinners.com where I am 70% in the playoffs and 60% for the year (on spot plays). My early analysis is on the site but I'll have my complete analysis by Friday. I think the line could drop below 3. The line is based on how the bookmakers think the general public will bet, but the actual line, based on each team's strengths, match ups, stats, etc., tshould be either even or the Giants favored by 1 to 2 points. The Giants have more speed, and a better defense.
Fishman13 PM Fishman13
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 51
Italy
 
Fishman13
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:51:28 PM

Judging by my man, cryptonite we call him............... he loves Gmen and stands to collect 10g. The last time he won there was no such thing as football. Sorry Eli and co. the fickled finger of fate has been pointed directly at you.  If I had to make a play....

 

PATRIOTS ML.  

BreakaBookie PM BreakaBookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1737
New York
 
BreakaBookie
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/24/2012 11:47:38 PM
Now that the dust has settled...... a few words....

I am still happy about my 49ers pick..... I trust my logic of the home field advantage and better defense playing in those rainy conditions..... I feel if I go with that formula I'll win more than lose, and I have won more than lost over my capping career...... the only place obviously I was wrong was the special teams advantage that I thought SF had..... I was under the impression that Ted Ginn would play, and it turned out he was a bigger loss than could've been predicted..... Weatherford had a great game as did the Giants coverage teams.... hats off to them....

In my opinion, sheer will and playoff experience won that football game..... to not turn the ball over against a defense like that is more than very impressive, it's unbelievable..... The toughness of Eli Manning getting his behind kicked the entire game and still kept fighting was actually inspiring.... and that's coming from a Jets fan.... (by the way that pass to bradshaw when he escaped the sack was insane for a non-mobile qb)


on to this game....


I can't believe the line opeend at 3.5


I don't think this is even going to be a game.....


after playing the SF defense, the Giants offense is going to be comfortably scoring at will..... this game they will actually be able to run the ball......


I think the Giants win by a comfortable margin.....


hell I don't think it's even going to be a game.....


it's an early lean, but I just think the Giants beat the Pats when they were playing terrible football..... now they are playing great football and are healthy..... not to mention that have always matched up well against the Pats....  how is this line 3.5?



GL TO ALL!

Spytheweb PM Spytheweb
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 905
Nevada
 
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/24/2012 11:56:53 PM
"The loss of Andre Carter could be perilous in that regard, as they won't be able to count on one of their most disruptive forces on the season."

"
The New England Patriots cruised to a 13-3 record on their way to the AFC's top seed, but Tim Britton of the Providence Journal uncovered a disquieting fact for Pats fans: the team only played two games against franchises that finished with winning records, and lost them both -- to theSteelers in Pittsburgh and at home against the Giants."

Plus Nicks didn't play when the Giants ended the Pats 31 game home winning streak in Nov.

The wrong team is favored. Giants 34-NE 24

BTW easypics, SF went 1-13 on 3rd down.
usmail PM usmail
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 626
Texas
 
usmail
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:28:17 AM
MOST MONEY ON GIANT AND UNDER.
aceofspades88 PM aceofspades88
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 29
 
aceofspades88
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:33:00 AM
In there first match up when they played they did not have there leading rusher Bradshaw and there reciever Hakeem Nicks. This whole revenge factor for Brady is non sense thats what I have been hearing. They are 2 teams that want to win Bad. I can see this line moveing to 2.5 or even 2 by game time. I really feel that the Giants should be favored but vegas sets the line to where people are putting the money not on which team is the strongest. Both of these teams got into the superbowl with a little luck but whats that saying it sometime better to be a little lucky then good. I will post more when it gets closer to game time. As of right now Giants +3
p-99 PM p-99
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 84
California
 
p-99
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:30:11 AM

My first post on page one contains facts pertained  to most games, but one thing has just dawned on me was that on every supper bowl  games the early public favorite usually won because big money came pouring in @ the final minutes.

GLTA

NoBetNoWin PM NoBetNoWin
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 569
Ohio
 
NoBetNoWin
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 6:42:18 AM
Brady will need a healthy Gronk in the shootout type of game this is going to be.  If he is a step slow with the injury, that will put even more pressure on Brady.  The Giants front four will be gettin after it!!!  Also remember, Brady loves to take advantage of blitzes.  Problem is the Giants only need to rush 4.
easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 7:10:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spytheweb:

"The loss of Andre Carter could be perilous in that regard, as they won't be able to count on one of their most disruptive forces on the season."

"
The New England Patriots cruised to a 13-3 record on their way to the AFC's top seed, but Tim Britton of the Providence Journal uncovered a disquieting fact for Pats fans: the team only played two games against franchises that finished with winning records, and lost them both -- to theSteelers in Pittsburgh and at home against the Giants."

Plus Nicks didn't play when the Giants ended the Pats 31 game home winning streak in Nov.

The wrong team is favored. Giants 34-NE 24

BTW easypics, SF went 1-13 on 3rd down.



               Frisco went 0 - 9  via 3rd down conv. in Reg. play

         +
                                    
          1 - 4  in OT

       D
                         
easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 7:29:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

Now that the dust has settled...... a few words....

I am still 
happy   ? about my 49ers pick..... I trust my logic of the home field advantage and better defense    playing in those rainy conditions..... I feel if I go with that formula I'll win more than lose, and I have won more than lost over my capping career...... the only place obviously I was wrong was the special teams advantage that I thought SF had..... I was under  lol the impression that Ted Ginn would play, and it turned out he was a bigger loss than could've been predicted..... Weatherford had a great game as did the Giants coverage teams.... hats off to them....

In my opinion, sheer will and (  DEFENSE AND QB ) and playoff experience won that football game..... lol


Sorry Break...

Gotta Break your balls.

                                               

             "Better Defense" ?

How many Giants 3rd down conversions to Frisco's ?

How difficult and rare  to shutdown a team down to deuce points in the playoffs , 
especially vs  gunslingin' QB Matty Ice ?

                                          
BreakaBookie PM BreakaBookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1737
New York
 
BreakaBookie
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 10:26:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by easypics:


Sorry Break...

Gotta Break your balls.

                                               

             "Better Defense" ?

How many Giants 3rd down conversions to Frisco's ?

How difficult and rare  to shutdown a team down to deuce points in the playoffs , 
especially vs  gunslingin' QB Matty Ice ?

                                          


Giants offense is much better than the 49ers offense.... that was a given....

which defense played better?

it's debateable....


which defense was better going into that game?

49ers all year.... that's all I meant....

back to this game.....


listen to the list of qbs that Brady beat since the Giants Loss..

Mark Sanchez twice
Tyler Palko
Vince Young
Dan Orlovsky
Rex Grossman
Tim Tebow twice
Matt Moore
Ryan Fitzpatrick


I still don't understand this line

easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:22:35 PM
Hey Break,


Believe me, Gonna be a double when we hook on 34 th st. !


  Ironically , you list weak QB's / Teams  highlighting Pats cream puff schedule ect.


YET 

For some odd ball gangreeneous reason  lol
You seem unwilling  to grasp similarity between Frisco's n' Pats creampuff schedule .

No doubt Frisco's D is good but CMON Man ! ! ! 


Hard not to look good n' beef up defensive stats n' sending some to the pro bowl beating up on these  :

Seahawks 2 X
Rams 2 X
Cardinals 2 X
Browns 1 X 
Bucs 1 X

( Indisputably NFL's weakest division )

Fact is , Saints exposed Frisco's defensive flaw at a most unfortunate time for Harbaugh giving Giants  a winning blue print ...As much as A. Smith showed tremendous poise, Eli took care of business in a QB mismatch.

About the line....

Waiting for your conspiracy theory...lol

Line makes no sense .

Vegas coup ?

Something aint right.

However  IMO Total is right on @ 55

To be continued...lol



 


phillies926 PM phillies926
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 103
Pennsylvania
 
phillies926
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:05:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by easypics:

Hey Break,


Believe me, Gonna be a double when we hook on 34 th st. !


  Ironically , you list weak QB's / Teams  highlighting Pats cream puff schedule ect.


YET 

For some odd ball gangreeneous reason  lol
You seem unwilling  to grasp similarity between Frisco's n' Pats creampuff schedule .

No doubt Frisco's D is good but CMON Man ! ! ! 


Hard not to look good n' beef up defensive stats n' sending some to the pro bowl beating up on these  :

Seahawks 2 X
Rams 2 X
Cardinals 2 X
Browns 1 X 
Bucs 1 X

( Indisputably NFL's weakest division )

Fact is , Saints exposed Frisco's defensive flaw at a most unfortunate time for Harbaugh giving Giants  a winning blue print ...As much as A. Smith showed tremendous poise, Eli took care of business in a QB mismatch.

About the line....

Waiting for your conspiracy theory...lol

Line makes no sense .

Vegas coup ?

Something aint right.

However  IMO Total is right on @ 55

To be continued...lol



 


Don't forget the Giants lost to Washington twice (Very crappy team) and to the Seahawks at home as a huge favorite. They also lost to Philly and San Fran. I was liking the Giants when I first saw this line but the Giant love is getting out of hand. Vegas and the public has been backing the Giants for weeks but they still have a line of Giants getting 3. Something smells fishy on this line. If the Giant love keeps pouring in I am gonna have to take the PATS LARGEEEEE. Gotta see injury report on Gronkowski first though.

phillies926 PM phillies926
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 103
Pennsylvania
 
phillies926
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:10:14 PM

Easy,

They also got absolutely waxed in New Orleans and the NFC Least (Eagles fan here) was not a great division. Hell wasn't even a good division this year. Also, got to take into consideration that the Pats have never lost to the same team twice in one year. Also, take into consideration that the GMen were playing big public underdog in Super Bowl 42 and look how that turned out. Also, (not enough pick evidence yet) almost everytime the expert predictions on wagerline is 90% or greater on one side it almost always loses. All I am saying is tread carefully.

veronica27 PM veronica27
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2368
Virginia
 
veronica27
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:14:14 PM
GMEN
FleshGordun PM FleshGordun
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 760
Nevada
 
FleshGordun
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:50:05 PM
Thinking the difference in this game is the NYG def. front. The team that generates preassure to the QB wins this game.
vue21849 PM vue21849
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3944
South Carolina
 
vue21849
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:28:30 PM
    Until Mr. Williams 2 screwups, the fact remains the 49 ers had the lead 14-10 until aprox. 8 minutes in the 4 quarter and would have won the game. BUT they didn't- so congrats to Spytheweb & Easy Pics. I further retract my previous statements that the Giants don't belong in the playoffs/The Giants are not SB material.  I am still perplexed whether the G-Men had a late season resurgeance, or merely a 5 game win streak. I still have not capped this contest, so I am not committing at this time.
wackycracker PM wackycracker
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 482
Pennsylvania
 
wackycracker
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:36:32 PM
PERSONALLY ---RIGHT NOW I'M WONDERING ABOUT THE PRO BOWL AND HOW TO CAP THAT ONE----NFC-4 LOOKS GOOD BUT THE OVER IS HIGH.
phillies926 PM phillies926
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 103
Pennsylvania
 
phillies926
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:40:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by FleshGordun:

Thinking the difference in this game is the NYG def. front. The team that generates preassure to the QB wins this game.

Counter-Point: The 49ers clearly put more pressure on Eli then the GMen did on Alex Smith. The better WB and team that made fewer mistakes won. Look at the stats. Eli threw the ball 60 times and was sacked a few times and knocked down over 20 times. He was pressured 33% of the time.

To your point: The Patriots struggle to get a pass rush on opposing QB's and that is a serious liability vs Eli Manning as he goes through his receiver progressions very well. This could be trouble for a thin, underwhelming secondary such as the Patriots.

As of today I would take the Gmen and the under but that depends on Gronkowski's status for the super bowl (looked like pollard rolled his ankle pretty good on the various replays) and the publics perception of the game come Super Bowl Sunday. Thinkink I will fade the public which will definitely be leaning the over (thus the under pick) and will fade whatever side the majority is leaning towards. GLTA

pando PM pando
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
 
pando
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:30:19 PM
I think aceofspades stole his analysis from my website, geez.
easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 6:05:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

Don't forget the Giants lost to Washington twice (Very crappy team) and to the Seahawks at home as a huge favorite. They also lost to Philly and San Fran. I was liking the Giants when I first saw this line but the Giant love is getting out of hand. Vegas and the public has been backing the Giants for weeks but they still have a line of Giants getting 3. Something smells fishy on this line. If the Giant love keeps pouring in I am gonna have to take the PATS LARGEEEEE. Gotta see injury report on Gronkowski first though.


Back in 2007 Giants inexplicably lost @ home late in the season to deadskins while fighting for a playoff spot... Barely beat a sad Dolphin team @ Wembley...I was there n' declared no phuckin' way Blue are going far...Next thing I know, I'm in Arizona,xxxxxx pass locked n' loaded heavy on Blue + 9 pts + ML ...Go figure....

Get the drift ? History does repeat itself.

It really does NOT matter who you beat or lose to in the regular season when you're playing for the crown...( unless relative to  rematch siuation as Frisco Fiasco or Lucas Field showdown )

BOL


This game is too easy to cap ...Line is suspect...does'nt add up.


Just saying.


easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 6:17:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

Easy,

They also got absolutely waxed in New Orleans and the NFC Least (Eagles fan here) was not a great division. Hell wasn't even a good division this year. Also, got to take into consideration that the Pats have never lost to the same team twice in one year. Also, take into consideration that the GMen were playing big public underdog in Super Bowl 42 and look how that turned out. Also, (not enough pick evidence yet) almost everytime the expert predictions on wagerline is 90% or greater on one side it almost always loses. All I am saying is tread carefully.


Giants always get " waxed " in New Orleans ! 

Tell you one thing...

Next year's  Super Bowl is in New Orleans  n' if  Brees n ' team stays healthy, I'm jumpin' all over Saints future's bet to win it all ASAP.

3 times the charm after losing on playoff road to Seahawks n' Frisco ?

  Breezin' through 2012 schedule securing home field...

 13 - 3 could do it.

    $   

Hoping for 5 - 1  


Buddhabud PM Buddhabud
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 433
Georgia
 
Buddhabud
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/25/2012 7:58:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

Easy,

They also got absolutely waxed in New Orleans and the NFC Least (Eagles fan here) was not a great division. Hell wasn't even a good division this year. Also, got to take into consideration that the Pats have never lost to the same team twice in one year. Also, take into consideration that the GMen were playing big public underdog in Super Bowl 42 and look how that turned out. Also, (not enough pick evidence yet) almost everytime the expert predictions on wagerline is 90% or greater on one side it almost always loses. All I am saying is tread carefully.

If you think that this is the same Giants team that lost to Washington and Seahawks you have lost your mind
Watson785 PM Watson785
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 185
Texas
 
Watson785
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/26/2012 12:21:22 AM
For me it all boils down to Brady's performance last week against the Ravens.  If Brady's game had been a 'Brady game' then I would take the Giants and the points in the SB....BUT Brady had a bad game last week and he RARELY has 2 bad games in a row. 

Pats will roll and Brady will get the MVP.
Forum: Pro Football Page 2 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.