Wisconsin at Louisiana State (08/30/2014)

Forum: College Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Wisconsin at Louisiana State (08/30/2014)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Ireland
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2014 6:05:03 PM

Away:  Wisconsin [0-0 ATS]
Home:  Louisiana State [0-0 ATS]

Game Time: 9:00 PM
Stadium: NRG Stadium

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

Wisconsin:
Passing: N/A
Rushing: N/A
Receiving: N/A

Louisiana State:
Passing: N/A
Rushing: N/A
Receiving: N/A

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

ChasBama PM ChasBama
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 16
Tennessee
 
ChasBama
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/18/2014 11:48:19 AM
LSU playing in Houston is almost like playing at home.  This will be a very fun game to watch.  It will be close but LSU wins by 7 pts. because the LSU defense saves the day!
buyubengal PM buyubengal
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2024
Louisiana
 
buyubengal
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/18/2014 5:34:50 PM
I am taking the tigers, IMO the tigers will start off sluggish but win by at least a touchdown. Getting it now it is going to go up.

RonnieBass PM RonnieBass
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1658
Alaska
 
RonnieBass
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/19/2014 3:17:08 AM
LSU wins easily.
LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/19/2014 5:38:29 PM

I agree with the sentiment...this will be a SEC Team exposing a Big 10 Team...Those with concern about the LSU QB situation, consider this...

LSU has Cam Cameron, an outstanding an OC calling the plays

LSU's QB's will be young, but they are very athletic and were highly regarded coming out of HS.

If you watch the Spring Game video, LSU was throwing, a lot.  They lose of talented and experienced WR's, but they also have some highly talented replacements.  If LSU were playing Bama or Auburn or Georgia in game 1, I think that could be an issue.  But, with Wisc inexperienced D, I think they should be able to put enough points on the board to win and cover.

LSU has Fournette and other solid RB's.    Wisc has Gordon and a top notch O Line by Big 10 standards.  If this game were midseason, and say if LSU were coming off a big win, I would be worried about a LSU not covering or losing.    This is game 1 in week 1, it is high profile, in Houston,  where almost every LSU graduate in the region will make it feel like its in Baton Rouge (quasi home game for LSU).     Plus, a big part of LSU's recriuiting base is the Houston area.    Wisc does not recruit Houston heavily.    I'd say from a motivation and talent perspective, there is a big advantage for LSU.

My prediction

LSU 28

Wisconsin 13

GLTA

newjerseystud PM newjerseystud
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 153
New Jersey
 
newjerseystud
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/21/2014 5:49:22 PM
I disagree . I really don't like either side however I think Wisconsin will have the biggest strength and that will be pounding the football. I see them controlling the game.Either way I think LSU offense will struggle with its new qbs and Cameron's pro style scheme. Overall I'm just  not sure if I would take lsu just because it's an sec team.
lordzud PM lordzud
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2002
Vatican City
 
lordzud
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/21/2014 9:50:13 PM
With 64 games to pick from why pick a game with so many unknowns. LSU is loaded talent wise but with a huge turnover in skill position players. Wisky is playing them at the right time. no play.
floorman7 PM floorman7
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 53
 
floorman7
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/23/2014 12:32:41 PM
Stay away from the point spread,I will take the under all day! 

Rctiger PM Rctiger
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 63
 
Rctiger
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/24/2014 1:45:11 PM
LSU wins by 20+ and prove just how overated the
Big 10 is again.
lordzud PM lordzud
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2002
Vatican City
 
lordzud
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/24/2014 2:14:42 PM
I've looked into this game further and it will be worth watching that is for sure. Betting on....maybe. I'm guessing that the game stays tight first half but those cheeseheads will melt in the August Houston heat like velveeta in the toaster oven second half. LSU knows it's strength and Wisconsin's weakness in this game. Wisconsin has only 3 starters returning on defense, LSU has a complete turnover of personnel in the skill positions on offense. But LSU is in a perfect position for a coming out party for one Leonard Fournette, the number one rated running back in the nation. LSU has a really good O-line, an amazing talented true freshman RB, a very very green Wisconsin, a game in August in Houston Texas, so.... with that in mind, what do you think their game plan will be?

Pound the rock and wear down Wisconsin till this freak athlete Fournette (225 and fastest player on LSU) starts gashing the Wisconsin defense second half. Now Wisconsin has a great running back in Melvin Gordon, can't Wisconsin use the same strategy?

Nope. The difference is the always stout LSU defense versus a bunch of green cheeseheads melted in the August Texas sun. I'm looking at a possible second half play on LSU. Leonard Fournette ladies gents and tweeners, remember that name. This kid is bound for fame and fortune, he is that good.
LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/24/2014 11:05:37 PM

dude lord, the game will be at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans place...as cool of an AC as man can make.    No literary melting here...If you advocate they will figuratively melt because Chavis LSU D will be a swarming heat wave then maybe.  Personally, I agree with your assessment.   Two good OL's solid RB's, inexperienced QB's, both with great coaching staffs.  The difference I see is an elite D at LSU v an inexperienced D at Wisc.   I also see a talent Differential.   I think this will be a good game for 3 quarters, then LSU will pull away.

GL

FleshGordun PM FleshGordun
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 767
Nevada
 
FleshGordun
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/25/2014 6:26:06 PM
LSU 

may have to bite on the under 50,, 50??

IDK if Id call Whisky QB Stave inexp, but with two of the best O-lines in the country ground and pound
LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/25/2014 7:39:30 PM

stave not the Wisc QB...Mcelvoy will be the QB for Wisc.  athletic but inexperienced from JUCO....played last season as Wisc safety...

this game and cover will come down to D, and I give a significant advantage to LSU with regard to D.,.

Cornholio711 PM Cornholio711
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 224
North Carolina
 
Cornholio711
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/26/2014 10:59:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

dude lord, the game will be at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans place...as cool of an AC as man can make.    No literary melting here...If you advocate they will figuratively melt because Chavis LSU D will be a swarming heat wave then maybe.  Personally, I agree with your assessment.   Two good OL's solid RB's, inexperienced QB's, both with great coaching staffs.  The difference I see is an elite D at LSU v an inexperienced D at Wisc.   I also see a talent Differential.   I think this will be a good game for 3 quarters, then LSU will pull away.

GL

I am not seeing an elite D at LSU at all. They weren't elite last year and they lost a lot. Their D line isn't nearly as talented as years past and they already have 2 DT's injured and Valentine was just cleared to play. If he even plays, its hard to imagine any impact (Not mention he is a freshman facing one of the best O lines in the country). They are really young and unproven on the D line and were mediocre vs the run last year allowing 143+ per game with 2 draft picks at the tackles. Wisconsin should be able  to run the ball for 200+ yards. No bet for me on the side,  but I think Wisky has a very good chance to win this game.  I can't bet without seeing the QB play for either team. I think the under is probably the best bet as both teams will keep this one on the ground.

Nosht PM Nosht
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Louisiana
 
Nosht
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/26/2014 5:09:22 PM
LSU's Defense will be much better this year then what they were last year a lot of returning starters and some other players who had significant playing time.  I'm a huge LSU fan but I agree that if you are playing this game roll with the under as LSU will run the football most of the game witb 2 young and inexperienced QB's.  I think both teams will start out sluggish but LSU will pull it out in the 2nd half just not sure of a cover.   
LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:21:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Cornholio711:

I am not seeing an elite D at LSU at all. They weren't elite last year and they lost a lot. Their D line isn't nearly as talented as years past and they already have 2 DT's injured and Valentine was just cleared to play. If he even plays, its hard to imagine any impact (Not mention he is a freshman facing one of the best O lines in the country). They are really young and unproven on the D line and were mediocre vs the run last year allowing 143+ per game with 2 draft picks at the tackles. Wisconsin should be able  to run the ball for 200+ yards. No bet for me on the side,  but I think Wisky has a very good chance to win this game.  I can't bet without seeing the QB play for either team. I think the under is probably the best bet as both teams will keep this one on the ground.

It comes down to a young SEC D with a shutdown secondary and filled with  and 5 start players along with one of the best OC's in college football in Cam Cameron who calls plays for an inexperienced but Uber talented O made up of an elite O Line and a bunch of future super star skill position players versus a one dimensional offense, with an inexperienced QB and very inexperienced receiving core that has only 3 returning starters on D.  Granted Wisc has Gordon and an experienced OL, but since they are so one dimensional, LSU's talent advantage and depth will eventually wear Wisc down by the the quarter.     With only a 4 to 4.5 spread, I think I will take my chances on the SEC team on a neutral field.

LSU rolls...

LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:23:44 PM
and I think the under is a sucker bet,.    Wisc will move the ball on the ground at least in the first half.   LSU will move the ball on an inexperienced Wisc secondary...I think folks underestimate the talent on Offense for both of these teams... I don't play O/...and the Under may come through, but I don' think it is a slam dunk like some believe that it is...
newjerseystud PM newjerseystud
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 153
New Jersey
 
newjerseystud
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

and I think the under is a sucker bet,.    Wisc will move the ball on the ground at least in the first half.   LSU will move the ball on an inexperienced Wisc secondary...I think folks underestimate the talent on Offense for both of these teams... I don't play O/...and the Under may come through, but I don' think it is a slam dunk like some believe that it is...

Agree. Under may be a sucker bet.. I think both offenses will be able to move the ball and score points..
BrazilGetaways PM BrazilGetaways
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 186
Kansas
 
BrazilGetaways
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/28/2014 1:24:16 AM
LSU 
oldtexx PM oldtexx
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 335
Nevada
 
oldtexx
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/28/2014 12:50:51 PM
Badgers control the ball and win out right..............
Cornholio711 PM Cornholio711
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 224
North Carolina
 
Cornholio711
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/28/2014 10:18:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

It comes down to a young SEC D with a shutdown secondary and filled with  and 5 start players along with one of the best OC's in college football in Cam Cameron who calls plays for an inexperienced but Uber talented O made up of an elite O Line and a bunch of future super star skill position players versus a one dimensional offense, with an inexperienced QB and very inexperienced receiving core that has only 3 returning starters on D.  Granted Wisc has Gordon and an experienced OL, but since they are so one dimensional, LSU's talent advantage and depth will eventually wear Wisc down by the the quarter.     With only a 4 to 4.5 spread, I think I will take my chances on the SEC team on a neutral field.

LSU rolls...

 I agree Wisconsin will move the  ball, which is why I said they have a good chance to win this game. But LSU is the exact same position as Wisconsin with an inexperienced QB and receivers. Both teams are gonna run the ball. Wisconsin imo will run better. AN inexperienced Wisky secondary? They return 3 of 4. Same as LSU. I don't see anything at all that suggests that LSU's secondary is shutdown. they have recruited 2 5 stars on D the the last 2years and 1 is a defensive end ( Herron) Wisky's secondary is as experienced if not more than LSU's. I am not betting this game at all, especially after watching TAMU tonight, which was kinda my point LOL

LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5505
Texas
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/28/2014 11:54:17 PM
LSU rolls...I am on LSU...do what you want...
buckubad PM buckubad
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 13078
 
buckubad
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/29/2014 3:00:57 AM
I love the genius talking about the heat, needs those guys to keep the lines moving. Playin under 1st half small but think after watching a half of this one something wil look really right
Posted using a mobile device.
Buddhabud PM Buddhabud
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 433
Georgia
 
Buddhabud
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/29/2014 11:29:20 AM
LSU better talentChavis defense=Tigers cover!
WinsNow999 PM WinsNow999
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7078
American Samoa
 
WinsNow999
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/30/2014 11:06:24 AM
UNDER like a THUNDER !!!.....
Forum: College Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.