Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages
Author: [College Football] Topic: West Virginia at Alabama (08/30/2014)
Covers send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Location: Ireland
#1
Posted: 6/5/2014 6:04:57 PM

Away:  West Virginia [0-0 ATS]
Home:  Alabama [0-0 ATS]

Game Time: 3:30 PM
Stadium: Georgia Dome

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

West Virginia:
Passing: N/A
Rushing: N/A
Receiving: N/A

Alabama:
Passing: N/A
Rushing: N/A
Receiving: N/A

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

quote
ChasBama send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Caesars Palace |
ChasBama
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Location: Tennessee
#2
Posted: 8/18/2014 11:39:43 AM
Bama wins by 28 pts,  Bama's entire second string would be starters at WVU.  WVU will have a long hard day.
quote
cali_007 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cali_007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 116
Location:
#3
Posted: 8/20/2014 5:26:28 PM
quote
thenott
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
thenott
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Location:
#4
Posted: 8/20/2014 6:17:36 PM
I don't know about that.  I mean WVU is from that same conference that Ala. lost big time to last year.  No, wait a minute it was this year, right?  And that was to the second placed team in that conference.  Oh well, I wouldn't worry too much unless of course Ala misses a field goal.  A situation you learn in peewee.
quote
smetlydc2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smetlydc2
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 203
Location: District of
              Columbia
#5
Posted: 8/24/2014 7:41:55 PM
WVU will be a different team this year. Not saying they win...but I say they cover
quote
FleshGordun send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FleshGordun
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Location: Nevada
#6
Posted: 8/25/2014 5:46:04 PM
ALA 11-1  openers by 25 ppg  09 #7 VTech lost by 10
quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3564
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 8/25/2014 7:47:36 PM

you guys need to ask yourselves, how long has it been since the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide came off of two losses...motivation must be through the roof for the Tide.  its a first game, Alabama has some of the best coaching in college football, there are 5 star and 4 star players at every single position.    some folks compare this matchup with WVU to the barely cover from last season against Va Tech with an experienced QB in Murray.    I say the difference between Va Tech and WVU is that Va Tech actually played good D.   If this game were in Morgantown at night, I would call for a potential WVU cover....But, its not in Morgantown, its a quasi home game for a hungry Alabama team in Hot Lanta.    Yes, Kiffen being on the sideline scares me a bit, but I don't think that he can fk up this cover...I think a lot folks are reactionary in capping this game, and base their opinions on what has Bama done lately.  I think that is short sighted.   WVU will give it their best shot, and  then bend over and take it up their 'eer rears...

Alabama 45

West Virginia 10

quote
FleshGordun send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FleshGordun
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Location: Nevada
#8
Posted: 8/26/2014 3:13:58 PM
ALA UCLA 6pt tease & parlay & straight
quote
flyguybry21 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
flyguybry21
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5950
Location: West Virginia
#9
Posted: 8/27/2014 5:59:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

you guys need to ask yourselves, how long has it been since the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide came off of two losses...motivation must be through the roof for the Tide.  its a first game, Alabama has some of the best coaching in college football, there are 5 star and 4 star players at every single position.    some folks compare this matchup with WVU to the barely cover from last season against Va Tech with an experienced QB in Murray.    I say the difference between Va Tech and WVU is that Va Tech actually played good D.   If this game were in Morgantown at night, I would call for a potential WVU cover....But, its not in Morgantown, its a quasi home game for a hungry Alabama team in Hot Lanta.    Yes, Kiffen being on the sideline scares me a bit, but I don't think that he can fk up this cover...I think a lot folks are reactionary in capping this game, and base their opinions on what has Bama done lately.  I think that is short sighted.   WVU will give it their best shot, and  then bend over and take it up their 'eer rears...

Alabama 45

West Virginia 10

But your not betting the game????? So why talk smack because you dont have enough behind to be it???? Go ahead and hate its pretty evident,but u will be very suprised my man!!!!!
quote
DrDogs send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1870
Location: Tennessee
#10
Posted: 8/28/2014 12:04:09 AM
Doc says bammy got no Qb but Saban power is pretty tough to go against. Ala and over for the large . Gets psid
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3564
Location: Texas
#11
Posted: 8/28/2014 1:54:50 AM
flyguy - I did bet the game...and yes on Alabama...good luck with the rest of your wagers...
quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3564
Location: Texas
#12
Posted: 8/28/2014 1:58:17 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by flyguybry21:

But your not betting the game????? So why talk smack because you dont have enough behind to be it???? Go ahead and hate its pretty evident,but u will be very suprised my man!!!!!

flyguy - you live in WV.   so you are either a homer or a big fan.   what do you base your perspective that WVU will cover on.  you have offered nothing...

quote
keithinala send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
keithinala
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Location:
#13
Posted: 8/29/2014 10:09:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thenott:

I don't know about that.  I mean WVU is from that same conference that Ala. lost big time to last year.  No, wait a minute it was this year, right?  And that was to the second placed team in that conference.  Oh well, I wouldn't worry too much unless of course Ala misses a field goal.  A situation you learn in peewee.
Nothing but trolling. Bama didn't care a lick about that bowl game after what happened with Auburn. Bama plays for championships, not some consolation. As for the kicking game...got noting to say about that one.
quote
RichieRich97
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
RichieRich97
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 955
Location: Texas
#14
Posted: 8/30/2014 1:57:20 AM
Leaning bama
quote
oahuboy808
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
oahuboy808
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4605
Location: Hawaii
#15
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:04:57 AM
I posted this on longhorn's thread earlier.. Would have liked the line around 24, so it's a no play for me.. That being said, I can see Bama smashing WVU to make a statement.. Saban likes to make examples of other Power 5 teams.. I don't see how WVU can stop the Bama rushing attack..
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
mize_um
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mize_um
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 146
Location: Mississippi
#16
Posted: 8/30/2014 11:24:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thenott:

I don't know about that.  I mean WVU is from that same conference that Ala. lost big time to last year.  No, wait a minute it was this year, right?  And that was to the second placed team in that conference.  Oh well, I wouldn't worry too much unless of course Ala misses a field goal.  A situation you learn in peewee.


That's got no relevance in this game.. the SEC has lost 4 of the last 5 Sugar Bowls they've played in, not because they are out matched, but because  it is always the consolation prize for missing out on the National Championship game... they go from National Championship aspirations to having to practice for an extra month for a game they don't care about.
quote
Macallanlover send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Macallanlover
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1152
Location:
#17
Posted: 8/30/2014 12:41:08 PM

Bama is definitely struggling at the QB position, and that will hurt them later in the year against stronger opponents, but they will run it down the throat of WVA with three power backs and minimize the QB weakness.  It will also open up some passing lanes for some speedy receivers. 

 

I believe the Tide rolls but am nervous about the amount of chalk in an opener at a neutral site.  I believe they cover but will take a 3 team teaser with WVA plus 36.  I think the line is about right so no straight play for me.

quote
moodyjeremy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
moodyjeremy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 18
Location:
#18
Posted: 8/30/2014 1:52:44 PM
I wouldn't say bama is struggling at the qb. maybe they take a step back but the coker kid was in a heated battle to the end with the eventual Heisman trophy winner and national champion qb jamis Winston. I think with the addition of lane kiffin as o coordinator they will be better on offense. they have some backs that will take the load off the qb till he gets some reps under his belt and they have some great wr's to throw to. I like bama here to make a statement
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.