Texas Tech at Oklahoma (10/26/2013)

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Texas Tech at Oklahoma (10/26/2013)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Ireland
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/20/2013 4:02:41 AM

Away:  Texas Tech [5-2 ATS]
Home:  Oklahoma [3-4 ATS]

Game Time: 3:30 PM
Stadium: Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

Recent Meetings:
10/06/12 - OKLA 41 vs. TTU 20
10/22/11 - TTU 41 vs. OKLA 38
11/13/10 - TTU 7 vs. OKLA 45

Team Leaders:

Texas Tech:
Passing: Baker Mayfield (1488)
Rushing: Kenny Williams (256)
Receiving: Jace Amaro (742)

Oklahoma:
Passing: Blake Bell (1099)
Rushing: Brennan Clay (496)
Receiving: Sterling Shepard (348)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

Coloneljim PM Coloneljim
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13312
 
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/21/2013 7:35:26 PM

Texas Tech - 33                                         Oklahoma - 30

Red Raiders +7              

Obviously a high risk play, Red Raiders have played a fairly weak schedule up to this point. They may get their head handed to them here, but something tells me Kingsbury has this team believing in themselves. Coach K back to back road victories

Texas Tech 

Buddhabud PM Buddhabud
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 433
Georgia
 
Buddhabud
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/22/2013 3:27:07 PM
I'm with you on this one Col.JimTexas Tech +7 and ML for the upset
sjon412 PM sjon412
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 116
 
sjon412
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 3:37:26 PM

put me down for the RED RAIDERS as well +7

smitt12 PM smitt12
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 139
Texas
 
smitt12
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 11:18:59 PM
Kingsbury has Lubbock and the players believing but #10 in the land?  I don't think so...last time they had such a high ranking and went to Norman they got beat by 40.  I just think Tech comes back down to earth and their weak schedule shows here.  Seems to me like Vegas wants us to take the RRaiders.  Put me down for the favorite.

Oklahoma -7

GL to all!!

thesoulpurpose PM thesoulpurpose
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1127
Quebec
 
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 8:51:12 PM
the sooners and very inconsistant expecially on offence, I actually feel that tech is slightly better, but they are on the road playing in a tough enviorment, this will be close, so I will take tech +7, I would not be suprised if texas tech pulls out a last min drive to win it straight up either, also a shootout favors tech as their offence is better and just say the oklahoma D plays up to their potential the WHOLE GAME, then a defensive type of game favors the team getting a toughdown, RED RAIDERS+7, 1 unit play
CRNKN PM CRNKN
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 126
 
CRNKN
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 1:38:23 PM
 i got texas tech at + 6 1/2  i still think theyll win straight up or lose by a field goal
JROCK1966 PM JROCK1966
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 6456
Virginia
 
JROCK1966
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 7:38:43 PM
A simple rule-of-thumb....take the lower-ranked team when it is favored.

Sooners -6.5 to the bank baby! 
indians03 PM indians03
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 42
 
indians03
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:09:59 PM
okl -7

t.tech 16
okl. 33
flyguybry21 PM flyguybry21
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 9255
Nevada
 
flyguybry21
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:33:10 PM
SOONERS LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tech dream over
Beechernic PM Beechernic
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 402
Tennessee
 
Beechernic
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 11:08:50 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by JROCK1966:

A simple rule-of-thumb....take the lower-ranked team when it is favored.

Lower ranked / Unranked  ....   Vegas knows its for a reason.  Odds are always a better indicator than the B(S)CS system.

SURFNTURF808 PM SURFNTURF808
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
 
SURFNTURF808
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 12:49:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JROCK1966:

A simple rule-of-thumb....take the lower-ranked team when it is favored.

Sooners -6.5 to the bank baby! 

I always play this way no matter how bad it seems. Last weeks FSU/ Clemson. A prime example. 
To add to this.... Always take sec teams + 10 or more playing against each other. Except for bAma. Lol. Example Kentucky and last weeks games. 

Sooners at home! -6.5
Whalewatcher PM Whalewatcher
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4447
 
Whalewatcher
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 1:28:54 AM

Love TT here!!!!!!

OK barely beat TCU @ home then lose to fahkin' TEXAS?!

TT +6.5 LARGE !!

ML SMALL!!!!!!

jgo22 PM jgo22
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1175
United States
 
jgo22
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 8:57:40 AM
Stools can't coach the big games plain and simple. Just look at the Texas game. So overrated!
echelon1 PM echelon1
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 338
Texas
 
echelon1
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 9:14:04 AM
Tech is overrate no doubt.  Pretty good teams (not great) with high octane offenses like that always rack up tons of yards and points against doormats.  Then they play the TCU defenses of the world and come way back to earth.  Despite OU looking flat against the Horns, their def is ranked 1st in the Big12 and will show up at home for this one.  Let's put it this way, if OU loses this conference game, they'd need Texas to lose 3 times in the Big12 to beat them out of the Big12 title.  They'd need Tech to lose 2 conf games after this.  And also they'd have to beat Baylor and hope they lose a 2nd conf game to trump them.

Bottom line is OU cannot lose this game if they have any hopes for competing for the Big12 crown.  They do and they are done.  At home for all the marbles against an overrated Tech team...OU wins.  Tech may provide enough pop to beat the spread though.

I'd go OU in a tease or moneyline if playing this one.  But in the end OU wins this game as they cannot afford not to and Tech isn't as good as the padded stats look.
Shew PM Shew
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
 
Shew
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 9:26:53 AM

As a longtime north Texas native, I'll let "y'all" know you're overanalyzing this game.  I'm by no means a fan of either school, but I've watched these teams week in and week out for decades now.  Texas Tech, along with Louisville, is one of the most overrated top 25 teams in the country.  They've yet to beat anyone with a winning record.  Hell, they've beat powerhouses such as Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, SMU, etc.

Sure, OU has had a down year thus far.  But don't kid yourself, they're still the premier Big 12 power.  Additionally, the Sooners have lost only lost once at home the past several years.  Yep, they lost to Tech two years ago at home and you better believe that Stoops hasn't let his team forge that.  Therefore, they will not be underestimating this Tech football team. 

Guys swallow the points, even if it's a full touchdown.  Sooners by double digits.  I honestly expected the line to be -10, but instead those of us betting OU received a gift.  Sooners big!  38 - 24

RaiderRed0 PM RaiderRed0
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Texas
 
RaiderRed0
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 2:22:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Shew:

As a longtime north Texas native, I'll let "y'all" know you're overanalyzing this game.  I'm by no means a fan of either school, but I've watched these teams week in and week out for decades now.  Texas Tech, along with Louisville, is one of the most overrated top 25 teams in the country.  They've yet to beat anyone with a winning record.  Hell, they've beat powerhouses such as Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, SMU, etc.

Sure, OU has had a down year thus far.  But don't kid yourself, they're still the premier Big 12 power.  Additionally, the Sooners have lost only lost once at home the past several years.  Yep, they lost to Tech two years ago at home and you better believe that Stoops hasn't let his team forge that.  Therefore, they will not be underestimating this Tech football team. 

Guys swallow the points, even if it's a full touchdown.  Sooners by double digits.  I honestly expected the line to be -10, but instead those of us betting OU received a gift.  Sooners big!  38 - 24

It is always amusing how people are quick to go with a so called traditional power and give all the reasons that a program like Tech can't or shouldn't because OU just has to throw a helmet on the field.  I ask all you this...what about OU's lack of a downfield passing game.  OU's difficulty when facing a defense with a pulse vs. the run?  Or what about OU looking very average vs. Kansas, but yet this "overrated Tech team stomped KU in their building or the fact that the overrated team defeated WVU, a team OU could barely beat in Norman?  Sounds like you believe only what is on the surface, yet when you dig down deeper you see that OU favored is why Texas Tech is one of the top underdog picks of this weekend. 

Tech many not win...a blow out would be very unlikely. 

HarrisSports PM HarrisSports
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Texas
 
HarrisSports
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 2:53:13 PM
Texas Tech has a great shot at road win today. They have one of their best teams in years. Draw your pistols!
Shew PM Shew
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
 
Shew
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 3:50:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by RaiderRed0:

It is always amusing how people are quick to go with a so called traditional power and give all the reasons that a program like Tech can't or shouldn't because OU just has to throw a helmet on the field.  I ask all you this...what about OU's lack of a downfield passing game.  OU's difficulty when facing a defense with a pulse vs. the run?  Or what about OU looking very average vs. Kansas, but yet this "overrated Tech team stomped KU in their building or the fact that the overrated team defeated WVU, a team OU could barely beat in Norman?  Sounds like you believe only what is on the surface, yet when you dig down deeper you see that OU favored is why Texas Tech is one of the top underdog picks of this weekend. 

Tech many not win...a blow out would be very unlikely. 


Don't get your panties in a was Mr. Homer.  I certainly am not betting the house on Oklahoma because they are the 'traditional power.'  I'm picking OU because they are the superior team and have much greater athletes on the field, are playing at home, and have a much better coach.  Additionally, the game is currently in a rain delay and the conditions will only favor the team with much better run game.  Especially since Tech relies so heavily on the pass.  Good luck Red Raider backers, you'll need it.
Shew PM Shew
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
 
Shew
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 4:03:13 PM
P.S. RaiderRed just remember that a wise man once said, "the only worse bet than an overinflated favorite is a public underdog."  Once the public backs an underdog watch out.  Good luck to all!
Rogue PM Rogue
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 202
Tennessee
 
Rogue
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:21:02 PM
I'm an OU homer and think Tech covers this.
JROCK1966 PM JROCK1966
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 6456
Virginia
 
JROCK1966
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2013 8:30:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JROCK1966:

A simple rule-of-thumb....take the lower-ranked team when it is favored.

Sooners -6.5 to the bank baby! 
All to easy....
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.