Boise State at Brigham Young (10/25/2013)

Forum: College Football Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Boise State at Brigham Young (10/25/2013)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Ireland
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/20/2013 4:02:10 AM

Away:  Boise State [4-3 ATS]
Home:  Brigham Young [4-3 ATS]

Game Time: 8:00 PM
Stadium: Lavell Edwards Stadium

Recent Meetings:
09/20/12 - BYU 6 vs. BSU 7
09/24/04 - BYU 27 vs. BSU 28
10/30/03 - BSU 50 vs. BYU 12

Team Leaders:

Boise State:
Passing: Joe Southwick (1589)
Rushing: Jay Ajayi (766)
Receiving: Matt Miller (454)

Brigham Young:
Passing: Taysom Hill (1680)
Rushing: Taysom Hill (772)
Receiving: Cody Hoffman (467)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

CRNKN PM CRNKN
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 126
 
CRNKN
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 1:56:16 AM
bsu to cover
DrDogs PM DrDogs
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1895
Tennessee
 
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:34:12 AM
Yup Dog line! Boise st as a dog usually equals the duckets!!
DrDogs PM DrDogs
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1895
Tennessee
 
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:41:03 AM

Oops  didnt do my homework. Starting QB and second leading rb out for Boise. Backup QB hadnt played much, average last week against Nev but BYU pretty tight this year. BYU blasts em! Und too!

fulento PM fulento
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
 
fulento
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 1:18:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DrDogs:

Oops  didnt do my homework. Starting QB and second leading rb out for Boise. Backup QB hadnt played much, average last week against Nev but BYU pretty tight this year. BYU blasts em! Und too!


Are you talking about the backup QB who was down 10-0 just before the half then put up 34 the rest of the game to roll Nevada?
osu200200 PM osu200200
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1723
Texas
 
osu200200
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 2:28:17 PM
Nevada is not byu... Thanks for the news Dogs
Posted using a mobile device.
FleshGordun PM FleshGordun
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 764
Nevada
 
FleshGordun
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 6:00:31 PM

[Quote: Originally Posted by osu200200] Nevada is not byu... Thanks for the news Dogs [/Quote

I would say BYU isnt NEV   The Cougs play some good D especially at home.  The O and QB getting better every week.

BSU comes limping into a hostile evironment with A QB making his first road start and BSU D is so-so this year.

BYU wins and covers by double digits my favorite play this week.

 

holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8860
Kentucky
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 6:19:37 PM

NOT fooling with that crooked axx Mormon QB (Taysom Hill) as I watched him shave points last week against an inferior Houston squad.  Looks as if all the money is riding on Boise State plus the chalk so it would be advantageous to the Wise Men in Vegas if BYU covers, but I still refuse to lay anything more than a field goal with that crook again! 

 

Now with that said, I do see value in the Total as both of these teams are solid defensively and there’s a new QB under center for the Broncos so……………..  Put me down for Under the Total for four (4) C-Notes please.  Thanks! 

DrDogs PM DrDogs
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1895
Tennessee
 
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 6:36:02 PM
Hate hate i love it!!!
Posted using a mobile device.
booyahz123 PM booyahz123
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1668
Pennsylvania
 
booyahz123
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:05:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by holtnt:

NOT fooling with that crooked axx Mormon QB (Taysom Hill) as I watched him shave points last week against an inferior Houston squad.  Looks as if all the money is riding on Boise State plus the chalk so it would be advantageous to the Wise Men in Vegas if BYU covers, but I still refuse to lay anything more than a field goal with that crook again! 

 

Now with that said, I do see value in the Total as both of these teams are solid defensively and there’s a new QB under center for the Broncos so……………..  Put me down for Under the Total for four (4) C-Notes please.  Thanks! 


 you are an idiot, Houston is a good team this year and has been a solid play all year
Macallanlover PM Macallanlover
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1318
 
Macallanlover
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:56:30 PM
QUOTE

What a whiney little man comment to make.  You lost, man up.  Calling someone a cheater is low class.  If you had been following Houston all year you would have seen they have been killing it.  Phil Steele had them as a best bet last week, hardly a big surprise.  Boise with a QB and RB out is a concern for me in this game though.  Leaning Utah here.

Originally Posted by holtnt:

NOT fooling with that crooked axx Mormon QB (Taysom Hill) as I watched him shave points last week against an inferior Houston squad.  Looks as if all the money is riding on Boise State plus the chalk so it would be advantageous to the Wise Men in Vegas if BYU covers, but I still refuse to lay anything more than a field goal with that crook again! 

 

Now with that said, I do see value in the Total as both of these teams are solid defensively and there’s a new QB under center for the Broncos so……………..  Put me down for Under the Total for four (4) C-Notes please.  Thanks! 

holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8860
Kentucky
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 10:02:34 PM


I typically don’t follow up on non-sense, but my investment in the Red Birds tonight is NOT going as planned so I’m in a confrontational mode:  With that said, without Piland under center, I’ll give any of you Houston SACK riders one and half to one odds they will go 1- 5 in their remaining six (6) games… 

 

Any takers private message me so we can make arraignments!!! 

osu200200 PM osu200200
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1723
Texas
 
osu200200
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 10:07:42 PM
my nevada comment was directed to fulento. I was trying to thank you drdog for telling me about the southwick being out. I didn't check out their game last week so had no idea he hadn't been playing.

I am a little surprised that you think Hill was pt shaving Holtnt. I watched the majority of that Houston game, which was a great game btw, and both teams were scoring at will almost. Houston is a high flying team and has competed with some of the big boys in the past (ok state). If you were to be upset about anything I would think it would be that byu d.
holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8860
Kentucky
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/23/2013 10:38:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by osu200200:

my nevada comment was directed to fulento. I was trying to thank you drdog for telling me about the southwick being out. I didn't check out their game last week so had no idea he hadn't been playing.

I am a little surprised that you think Hill was pt shaving Holtnt. I watched the majority of that Houston game, which was a great game btw, and both teams were scoring at will almost. Houston is a high flying team and has competed with some of the big boys in the past (ok state). If you were to be upset about anything I would think it would be that byu d.


Osu200200,

 

Oklahoma State?  You must be talking about last year…  This year’s edition of Houston Cougar football is a whole different “animule” than last year’s squad…  I’ve watched Houston twice this year and they looked terrible against a horrible Memphis squad who almost won that game.  Oklahoma State would blow them off the field just like BYU should have… 

BYU defense played excellent against Houston…  Houston scored on a kick off return and a pick six courtesy of that crook Taysom Hill.  All of Houston’s offensive touchdowns came on BYU turnovers in their own end (all short fields).  If I remember correctly that little Mormon crook threw four interceptions and put it on the ground once… 


P.S.  I'm NOT upset about anything as I still came out in the black on Saturday, but that non-sense that little Mormon crook pulled cost me a DIME!


Buddhabud PM Buddhabud
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 433
Georgia
 
Buddhabud
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 8:53:30 AM
Boise QB out =BYU cover
DrDogs PM DrDogs
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1895
Tennessee
 
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 11:17:18 AM
Alls good osu even if you were...hate hate makes the doc strong. Holts my boy he thinks everybody cheatin!! Which they are! Hate hate
Posted using a mobile device.
CRNKN PM CRNKN
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 126
 
CRNKN
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 1:45:28 PM
thats what happen last week with mizz ohh franklins out gators win and what happen they got pummeled bsu covers no question
learnhardway PM learnhardway
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 59
 
learnhardway
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 4:37:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CRNKN:

thats what happen last week with mizz ohh franklins out gators win and what happen they got pummeled bsu covers no question

mizz would beat gators even with me at QB. Frankllin dont play D.
BYU beats BOISE even with southwick at QB.
BYU D at home on primetime against a new QB,
BYU easily won AT LEAST by 7. dont care how many points BYU scored but Boise will have a hard time scoring
UHQB PM UHQB
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2841
Nevada
 
UHQB
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 6:14:19 PM
Nice analysis Holt. Nevada Reno is not BYU. UNR has one of the worst D's in the league. Boyahz123 Never watched a MW game in his life ! Goodnight Boy ! This is an UNDER game all the way. Rookie QB starting for BSU will be scrambling all over the place and burning the clock time. If we see another 7-6 score like last year with all those BYU turnovers, then the points will come in handy.
thesoulpurpose PM thesoulpurpose
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1127
Quebec
 
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 9:06:02 PM
people make a huge deal if a starting qb goes out and in most cases that turns out to be logical,  but I do not feel this is one of those cases,  grant hedrick is a solid player and he will do fine, these 2 teams are evenly matched and this will be a very good game, I got boise state +7.5 in a 3 unit play and 1 unit on the broncos moneyline as well
osu200200 PM osu200200
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1723
Texas
 
osu200200
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 9:07:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by holtnt:



Osu200200,

 

Oklahoma State?  You must be talking about last year…  This year’s edition of Houston Cougar football is a whole different “animule” than last year’s squad…  I’ve watched Houston twice this year and they looked terrible against a horrible Memphis squad who almost won that game.  Oklahoma State would blow them off the field just like BYU should have… 

BYU defense played excellent against Houston…  Houston scored on a kick off return and a pick six courtesy of that crook Taysom Hill.  All of Houston’s offensive touchdowns came on BYU turnovers in their own end (all short fields).  If I remember correctly that little Mormon crook threw four interceptions and put it on the ground once… 


P.S.  I'm NOT upset about anything as I still came out in the black on Saturday, but that non-sense that little Mormon crook pulled cost me a DIME!



nah, that ok state game was more like 3 or 4 years ago. last year UH was awful, but they have made some big strides this year quite honestly. they haven't played much competition, but they have taken care of business against lesser teams. there are 3 teams i follow closely, texas (alum), houston (1 yr of post grad), and ok state (family ties)... out of those 3 i follow UH the least, but still probably know more than the avg fan. They have competed with some decent competition, not just ok state. Pretty sure they picked up some W's as well against miss st, t tech, and ucla the past few years. i don't like to base individual games on previous seasons, but what those seasons do tell me is that UH gets enough talent to compete with some of the big boys as a whole. the rutgers game this week is a classic letdown spot, but if they are able to win or keep it close could easily see them winning the rest of their home games.
AceMackenzie PM AceMackenzie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 576
Florida
 
AceMackenzie
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/24/2013 11:51:12 PM

Lot of talk -

 Just BYU  -7 ,

dont over think it

Ongdia888 PM Ongdia888
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 68
 
Ongdia888
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:19:55 AM

Why is the line drops to 7??...... is it because Hedrick is not that bad, or boise is riding the momentum. or is it a motivation for boise due to lessen opponents after BYU. 

Boise

Ongdia888 PM Ongdia888
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 68
 
Ongdia888
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:24:47 AM
BYU more likely to overlook boise. i don't think you can have your team prepare hard every week. 
JoeMahirap PM JoeMahirap
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2569
United States
 
JoeMahirap
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:45:50 AM
Underdog Thursday... can it carry over to "Underdog Friday"... we shall see. 
Forum: College Football Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.