Messages

Forum Index : Covers College Basketball : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [College Basketball] Topic: UCONN -2 Large (9-2 YTD)
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#1
Posted: 2/19/2012 11:46:25 PM
I may be 9-2 YTD but I'm undefeated at 6-0 when it comes to plays involving Villanova.  I've followed them all year and watched every single game of theirs and I can tell you with the utmost confidence that they lose to Uconn tomorrow night and by an amount that definitely covers the number.

Villanova flat out out sucks.  It wouldn't even matter if Wayans was playing or not, Conneticut simply has more talent at every single position.  UCONN is playing very shitty ball right now, but even if they're at 50% they will handle Villanova.

This is a must win game for Conneticut.  If they lose this one and they don't win the Big East tournament, they're not making the dance.  They know this and they are going to play with effort tomorrow.  As long as they play with effort they will win this game because of the significant talent disparity.

UCONN -2 LARGE.  I'm placing a $2,200 wager on it.
quote
glewis461
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
glewis461
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 3401
Location: Pennsylvania
#2
Posted: 2/19/2012 11:48:21 PM

good luck man.  I agree but I cant bet on those losers again after they gave no effort at all on saturday.  bol.

 

quote
mtndew146 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mtndew146
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2450
Location: Michigan
#3
Posted: 2/19/2012 11:55:40 PM
i did watch the entire Nova game and they are VERY VERY undermanned. They just ran out of gas vs ND. Sutton played his behind off for nova and def tweaked his knee or ankle at the end And Cheeks was limping around. I think Malik Wayns is out again i would have to lean on U conn (trust me i hate betting them with a PASSION)
quote
moslo35 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
moslo35
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2315
Location:
#4
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:08:05 AM
yeh the above poster is right..they gave no effort in the last game so what makes u think uconn will give an effort tomorrow? nova looked like they really wanted to win against notre dame....why is the line only -2?
quote
rollininda2012 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
rollininda2012
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
Location:
#5
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:13:37 AM
nova is the play.. either way, this game will be a very small play, like 50-75.00 or something
quote
glewis461
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
glewis461
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 3401
Location: Pennsylvania
#6
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:15:58 AM
I would rather bet on pickles sliding down a window like in Billy Madison than this game.  Just sayin.
quote
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#7
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:21:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by moslo35:

yeh the above poster is right..they gave no effort in the last game so what makes u think uconn will give an effort tomorrow? nova looked like they really wanted to win against notre dame....why is the line only -2?


It's a lot harder to give effort against a team you know is a lot better than you.  Marquette is simply the much better team than Uconn so it was a lot easier for the Huskies to put their collective heads now.  In this case, they know they are light years better than Villanova so they won't get down on themselves and will be putting forth a substantial effort.

As for Villanova, they got lucky to play such a good game against Notre Dame.  A number of factors played into this deceptive game.  One factor is simply that Notre Dame had an off shooting night in the 1st half.  The Irish took 32 threes and only made a 3rd of them. If they hit their normal percentage, it's a DD victory for the Irish. The Irish are an all or nothing jump shooting team and if their jumpers aren't falling they will lose against any top teams.  Secondly, Notre Dame plays a good style for Nova to shine against, which is a team that passes the ball around the perimeter before launching a jumper.  Nova is the same type of team and know how to defend that style. When Nova takes on a perimeter oriented team they do OK because then the talent difference between them and their opponents is not exploited to its greatest extent.  Anytime they have played a team that that relies on driving, slashing and athleticism they get worked because they just aren't good enough to keep up.  You saw this when they played Syracuse, Marquette, Temple, West Virginia etc.  UCONN is this type of team and will dominate the Cats inside.  I'm expecting multiple layups and paint points for the Huskies.
quote
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#8
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:22:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rollininda2012:

nova is the play.. either way, this game will be a very small play, like 50-75.00 or something


Let's wait and see.  There's always a few doubters regardless but I have a 6-0 record on Nova games for a reason.
quote
indiansrock send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.com |
indiansrock
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3134
Location: Arkansas
#9
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:31:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glewis461:

I would rather bet on pickles sliding down a window like in Billy Madison than this game.  Just sayin.
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#10
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:33:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by robbypark:

I may be 9-2 YTD but I'm undefeated at 6-0 when it comes to plays involving Villanova.  I've followed them all year and watched every single game of theirs and I can tell you with the utmost confidence that they lose to Uconn tomorrow night and by an amount that definitely covers the number.

Villanova flat out out sucks.  It wouldn't even matter if Wayans was playing or not, Conneticut simply has more talent at every single position.  UCONN is playing very shitty ball right now, but even if they're at 50% they will handle Villanova.

This is a must win game for Conneticut.  If they lose this one and they don't win the Big East tournament, they're not making the dance.  They know this and they are going to play with effort tomorrow.  As long as they play with effort they will win this game because of the significant talent disparity.

UCONN -2 LARGE.  I'm placing a $2,200 wager on it.


I agree. You also left out Nova blowing a 20 point lead and losing a heart breaker in OT on saturday......

UConn 76 Nova 61


robby
quote
Lebron252004 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Lebron252004
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1571
Location:
#11
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:37:34 AM
Nova first half. Uconn doesn't cover first half.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
rollininda2012 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
rollininda2012
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
Location:
#12
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:39:41 AM
nova is the play.. either way, this game will be a very small play, like 50-75.00 or something
quote
pucku27
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pucku27
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 37635
Location: Rhode Island
#13
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:48:17 AM
THIS GAME IS DO OR DIE FOR UCONN TO MAKE THE NCAA TOURNY.
quote
KobezKing send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KobezKing
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 14433
Location:
#14
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:04:32 AM
Careful with Uconn along with Pitt i feel that uconn has given up on season, zero mental toughness
quote
ZonaCats send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZonaCats
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3600
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:34:44 AM
UConn will probably be looking ahead to Sat when they have a game that if won, would put them back on the map. Probably their GOY. 
quote
ZonaCats send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZonaCats
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3600
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:35:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ZonaCats:

UConn will probably be looking ahead to Sat when they have a game that if won, would put them back on the map. Probably their GOY. 

When they do lose against Nova on Monday, catching DD in a primetime saturday night game will be $. 
quote
chau1007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chau1007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Missouri
#17
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:21:25 AM
I think I'm gonna ride w u Robby, thinking about 1k on it, line is up to -2.5 now, u think it will go back down or should I take it now?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#18
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:34:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chau1007:

I think I'm gonna ride w u Robby, thinking about 1k on it, line is up to -2.5 now, u think it will go back down or should I take it now?


I think you should take it as fast as you can.  I doubt the line does anything but inflate.  With this stated, I fully expect UConn to win by at least 5+ points.
quote
Bmed7
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Bmed7
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
Location: Massachusetts
#19
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:38:18 AM
I like the play -2  
quote
chau1007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chau1007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Missouri
#20
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:44:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by robbypark:



I think you should take it as fast as you can.  I doubt the line does anything but inflate.  With this stated, I fully expect UConn to win by at least 5+ points.


109892110-12/20/12 3:36am$550.00$500.00Pending2/20/12 7:00pm  College Basketball  523 Connecticut -2½ -110* vs Villanova 
AHHHHHH, tried to place my first 1k wager, but 5dimes only allowed me to win max $500.  Anyone else have this problem?  Anyways, lets get this money robby!
quote
rollininda2012 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
rollininda2012
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
Location:
#21
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:59:06 AM
man now im tempted to do 400 for uconn -1
quote
chau1007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chau1007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Missouri
#22
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:02:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rollininda2012:

man now im tempted to do 400 for uconn -1


where you get uconn -1?
quote
chau1007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chau1007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Missouri
#23
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:03:21 AM
uconn-3 now at 5 dimes
quote
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#24
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:39:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chau1007:



where you get uconn -1?


He probably bought a point or two.
quote
robbypark send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
robbypark
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Location: Saskatchewan
#25
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:41:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chau1007:



109892110-12/20/12 3:36am$550.00$500.00Pending2/20/12 7:00pm  College Basketball  523 Connecticut -2½ -110* vs Villanova 
AHHHHHH, tried to place my first 1k wager, but 5dimes only allowed me to win max $500.  Anyone else have this problem?  Anyways, lets get this money robby!


Hmm I wonder why there's limits set on it? Anyhow, you can still make a lot of money with a $500 wager so let's hope everything works out! I'm pretty confident though.  If UCONN loses, they should really be ashamed of themselves.  It will be the first time in a long time they will be related to the NIT.
quote
Forum Index : Covers College Basketball : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.