I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this guy, Lavar Ball...

Forum: General Discussion
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this guy, Lavar Ball...
SwishSwish1234 PM SwishSwish1234
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3029
 
SwishSwish1234
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2017 10:50:51 AM
What do we make of him? Chargin 500 clams for shoes, Gordon Bennett.
schmidt37 PM schmidt37
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 121
 
schmidt37
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/10/2017 12:09:46 PM
Respect him trying to uproot the ingrained system to give power to the athlete but he's not the one taking the risk his son is. Because his son is giving up the Nike/Adidas/UA endorsement money for BBB to be a success it would have to make more than what Lonzo would of gotten at one of the Big 3.

The reason Nike/Adidas/UA keep so much from their sales compared to the player is they have a team of thousands working on marketing/PR/design/accounting/strategy etc. I hope BBB is a huge success but think Lavars ego will get in the way of it's success. 
SwishSwish1234 PM SwishSwish1234
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3029
 
SwishSwish1234
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2017 1:35:56 PM
Agreed, Plus you don't think those big corporate companies will unite and team up to make sure rival athletes of Lonzo progress further by getting them more exposure to make sure this plan fails at the first hurdle? It would not surprise me if Lonzo is ignored by the Lakers who are sponsored by Nike. If that was to lead to him getting picked up by a team like the Hornets or Jazz and he could be out of the league in 2 years for all we know.
666LES PM 666LES
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3157
 
666LES
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2017 3:46:48 PM
For this shoe deal to be a success either Lonzo Ball will have to be Jordonesqe or these shoes will make the player jump like it was made with Flubber.

Flubber- Ref: 1960s Disney movie The Wacky Professor in which White boys wore shoes coated with Flubber that allowed them to jump and sit atop the basketball backboard.
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1909
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2017 4:01:39 PM
Hopefully nobody drools around Lonzo.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

"LONZO'S DOWN!!!!!"
"LONZO'S GOT A COMPOUND FRACTURE!!!!!"
"LONZO HOLDS GRUDGES!!!!!"



BWS77 PM BWS77
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 23711
 
BWS77
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/10/2017 4:13:33 PM
I've already heard enough about and from him, and he's still got at least 1 more kid that is supposed to be pretty good heading to college along with Lonzo.   Shut up and let the kids play...  
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6240
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2017 4:20:29 PM
I don't think the Kids are the issue; the father strikes me as a jack@ss though.  

Didn't this guy say that UCLA got ousted this March b/c they started too many White Guys?  
StumpTownStu PM StumpTownStu
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1694
 
StumpTownStu
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/18/2017 7:19:13 PM
He seems to have been a good father who raised respectful kids that stand behind him even as diarrhea is spewing from his mouth. If yoy look at Lonzo's face it seems to convey, "He's my dad. What do you want me to say." And that's the attitude to have. He is his dad. And je may be an @ssclown but atleast he's been there for his sons, which is more than you can say for the farhers of many a NBA player. Who's a better father. Lebron James' or Lonzo Ball's?
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31808
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/18/2017 7:27:17 PM
 This clown says he's now holding out for three billion to partner up with a shoe company.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 24058
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/19/2017 4:32:42 PM
He is like Rex Ryan on steroids with a mix of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Nicholson in him.

The kids could be set for LIFE if he just accepted a $20 million dollar deal from Nike or Under Armour for Lonzo.

Instead he has this D list shoe he is trying to license. Awful decision making here out of hubris never seen in the parenting world at this level.

He's their agent. The family agent NEVER works out.
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6240
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/19/2017 4:52:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:

He is like Rex Ryan on steroids with a mix of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Nicholson in him.

The kids could be set for LIFE if he just accepted a $20 million dollar deal from Nike or Under Armour for Lonzo.

Instead he has this D list shoe he is trying to license. Awful decision making here out of hubris never seen in the parenting world at this level.

He's their agent. The family agent NEVER works out.

I've learned this too from an episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."  

You see, Will thought he was doing cousin Ashley well by being her modeling agent.  Thinking that a 10% commission was too much, Will and Carlton lost out on her deal entirely by trying to re-negotiate her contract with no professional experience.   

Ashley was very upset to say the least, and only got her modeling job back after she, Will and Carlton walked on the catwalk for a fashion show as the agency were short of male models.   

This performance did not please Uncle Phil, as he was going to run for Judicial Office and was at the fashion show having dinner with a the Judge whom he would succeed. 

Aunt Viv was unaware that Uncle Phil was going to make this political career decision official, and they separated because they did not discuss it and he was putting his career and politics ahead of her and the family.  

All in all, don't let a family member be an agent because it could cost you your job and your parents could potentially divorce.  

This episode was on last night and I needed some time to kill before 5pm so those who read got the synopsis.  

Have a good weekend Covers Brothers.  
davemsh PM davemsh
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 5201
 
davemsh
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/19/2017 6:34:28 PM
What will happen is Lavar will use all of Lonzo's contract $$ to try and expand BBB and will fail.   He does not have the expertise & platform of a big show company, which took them year and years to build.  It's more that creating a good looking show.  Its all about advertising and marketing it.  
JEFFMARKETCAP PM JEFFMARKETCAP
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 55252
 
JEFFMARKETCAP
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/19/2017 7:12:46 PM
How can anyone root for this kid.  His father is making everyone hate him.  The father is a POS.  He said he wanted 2 Billion dollars just to talk for a shoe deal.  He says his son is better than Curry and even Jordan.  What an idiot.  Putting pressure on his son like that.  
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 24058
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/19/2017 9:46:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


I've learned this too from an episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."  

You see, Will thought he was doing cousin Ashley well by being her modeling agent.  Thinking that a 10% commission was too much, Will and Carlton lost out on her deal entirely by trying to re-negotiate her contract with no professional experience.   

Ashley was very upset to say the least, and only got her modeling job back after she, Will and Carlton walked on the catwalk for a fashion show as the agency were short of male models.   

This performance did not please Uncle Phil, as he was going to run for Judicial Office and was at the fashion show having dinner with a the Judge whom he would succeed. 

Aunt Viv was unaware that Uncle Phil was going to make this political career decision official, and they separated because they did not discuss it and he was putting his career and politics ahead of her and the family.  

All in all, don't let a family member be an agent because it could cost you your job and your parents could potentially divorce.  

This episode was on last night and I needed some time to kill before 5pm so those who read got the synopsis.  

Have a good weekend Covers Brothers.  

I don't like ya but that post was well done.
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18070
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/20/2017 10:16:32 AM
If we could all just watch 'The Fresh Prince' the world would be a better place...............

Wil wore his school jacket inside out.

If we could only turn LaVars' skull inside out, he'd be more likable.....inho
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 24058
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/20/2017 8:40:13 PM
Now Lavar is dissing Kyrie by defaming the fact he had no mother most of his life (she's deceased)
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6240
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/22/2017 8:21:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


I don't like ya but that post was well done.

It's all good homeboy.  I really don't care for you either, but Thanks.  
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6240
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/22/2017 8:25:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Hawk:

If we could all just watch 'The Fresh Prince' the world would be a better place...............

Wil wore his school jacket inside out.

If we could only turn LaVars' skull inside out, he'd be more likable.....inho

Hawk, whenever I have a serious life issue that could have serious ramifications, I always draw a lesson that could be learned from an episode of the "Fresh Price" or "saved By the Bell."  

I think to myself, what would Will or AC Slater do?  Makes life a lot easier!

DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 39607
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/22/2017 9:28:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

I don't think the Kids are the issue; the father strikes me as a jack@ss though.  

Didn't this guy say that UCLA got ousted this March b/c they started too many White Guys?  


Dude is insane 
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 39607
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/22/2017 9:37:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:

He is like Rex Ryan on steroids with a mix of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Nicholson in him.

The kids could be set for LIFE if he just accepted a $20 million dollar deal from Nike or Under Armour for Lonzo.

Instead he has this D list shoe he is trying to license. Awful decision making here out of hubris never seen in the parenting world at this level.

He's their agent. The family agent NEVER works out.


Forum: General Discussion
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View